Ramadan in Dubai 2012
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Ramadan 2012 Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE
Ramadhan in 2012 information for Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, UAE. List of activities, Iftar and Suhoor deals, other Ramadan deals, and places open during the day that serve food and drink. For a list of dos and donts in the UAE, general and background information, see the Ramadan page.
UAE Ramadan dates 2012
|Year||Start Date¹||End Date¹||Magrib/Iftar Times²|
|01 Ramadan||29 Ramadan|
|2012||20 July 2012||18 August 2012|
- Estimated dates in italics until confirmed by moon sighting committee in the UAE.
- Iftar/Magreb times are for Dubai. Add 4 minutes for Abu Dhabi, subtract 4 minutes for RAK, 6 mins for Fujairah. Subtract 1 minute each day of Ramadan (approximately). UAE newspapers usually publish all prayer times (Fajr, Dhuhur, Asr, Magrib/Maghrib, Isha).
- 17 Aug 2012 (WAM) - last day of Ramadan will be 18 August 2012, and Eid al Fitr will start on 19 August 2012.
- 13 Aug 2012 (WAM) - UAE Moon-Sighting Committee established by ministerial decree issued by Justice Minister Dr Hadef Jua'an Al Daheri. The news release said "to sight the crescent moon that marks the beginning of the holy month of Ramadan for the year 1433 H in the UAE" but presumably it meant the end of Ramadan, not the beginning (and the beginning of the month of Shawwal/Shawaal).
- 19 July 2012 (WAM) - the UAE Ramadan Moon-Sighting Committee announced that Friday 20 July 2012 would be the first day of Ramadan, and Thursday 19 July 2012 would be the last day of the month of Sha'ban.
- 03 Jul 2012 (WAM) - The Islamic Crescent Observation Project (ICOP) announced that most Islamic countries might begin the Holy Month of Ramadan on Saturday 21 July 2012 after the moon sighting. Monitoring of the Ramadan Crescent would start on Thursday 19 July 2012.
Eid Al Fitr 2012 dates
Eid Al Fitr start date to be updated
UAE Moon Sighting Committee 2012
- 16 July 2012 - UAE Moon Sighting Committee established by ministerial decree by Justice Minister Dr Hadif Jua'an Al Dhaheri.
Ramadan guidelines for non-Muslims
See Ramadan UAE for more detail but a very brief summary is: do not eat (or chew gum), drink, or smoke in public during the day anywhere in the UAE including in your car and at the beach. You should be more conservative with your dress sense in public - shoulders and legs should be covered.
Workers and labourers in UAE during Ramadan
In 2010, construction workers, labourers, and others working outside during the day in the summer months were permitted to break their fast during the day if conditions made it too difficult for them to continue fasting, according to a Fatwa on the www.awqaf.ae website dated 05 August 2010. Unknown if this still applies in 2012. See UAE workers and Ramadan for more details.
Iftar cannons in UAE - 2011 information, should be similar for 2012
Locations of cannons being fired to signal the end of Iftar - worth a look ... or listen. If you haven't heard it before, you'll probably jump. Sharjah Police will hand out free meals in Sharjah to spectators (Gulf News 26 July 2011).
- Dubai - Deira, Karama, Safa Park Gate 4 (Jumeirah)
- East Coast (Sharjah emirate): Al Dhaid - police station, Dibba Al Hosn - Sheikh Rashid Bin Ahmed Al Qasimi Mosque, Kalba - Tarif Mosque, Khor Fakkan Corniche - Al Bukhari Mosque.
- Sharjah: Al Badiah - Mussalah, Al Buheira Corniche - Al Noor Mosque, Al Falaj - Cultural Palace, Al Jarina - Al Sarri Mosque, Al Khan - Al Huda Mosque, Al Murqab - Bara Bin Azib Mosque, Talaa Mosque.
Ramadan timings and opening hours Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, UAE 2012
Date of information in brackets, if not 2012 check with organisation for confirmation. Opening hours not supplied or confirmed for 2012 unless noted.
- Abu Dhabi Immigration 0900-1730, closed Fridays and Saturdays (2009)
- Abu Dhabi Police Traffic Department 0800-1800 (2010)
- Abu Dhabi Police Vehicle and Driving Licences Department 0800-01800 Saturday-Thursday, closed Friday (2010)
- Ajman Medical District (government medical centers and clinics) (2012 information):
- Al Madina and Mushairef Health Centers open 0900-1200 and 2030-2400 from Sunday to Thursday, 0900-1300 and 2030-2400 on Saturdays.
- Al Madina Health Center also open on Fridays from 2030-2400 (midnight)
- Al Hamidyia, and Al Manama Health Center open 0900-1200 from Sunday to Thursday.
- Al Muzarae Health Center open 0900-1300 and 2030-2300 from Sunday to Thursday.
- Al Mina Market (2012) - Abu Dhabi Fruits and Vegetables Market open 2400 (midnight) to 0600 during Ramadan.
- Banks in Dubai and UAE - Saturday or Sunday to Thursday 0900-1400 approximately, some with earlier openings and later closings, especially in Dubai shopping malls. Larger branches might be open evenings from 2100-2300 or similar.
- Bus routes and times for Dubai changed - extended hours for Dubai Metro feeder buses and Inter-City buses, Sharjah Transport awarded franchise to transport passengers between Sharjah and Dubai (RTA press release 25 July 2010).
- Directorate of Residency and Expatriate Affairs offices (Naturalisation and Residency Departments) - all offices open 0900-1800 daily but presumably only Sunday to Thursday. WAM reported the UAE Ministry of Interior as announcing "All service ports at these directorates will work from 9AM until 6PM continuously to ease up rush and customer congestion during the Holy month" (2012).
- Department for Residency and Foreigner's Affairs (DNRD, Dubai Immigration Dept) - 0800-1800 most offices, and 2130-midnight for emergencies at Arabian Plaza in Mirdiff, Sunday-Thursday, closed Saturday and Friday (2010). An emergency team is available 24 hours, tel Amer Service toll-free in UAE 800-5111 (2010 information).
- Dubai Central Laboratory (2012) - working hours 0900-1400 Sun to Thu.
- Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) (2012 information) - 0800-1400 Sunday to Thursday, applies to Membership and Documentation Services Department at head office, Jebel Ali branch office, and and representative offices at Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZ) and Al Aweer. Membership and Documentation Services Department at the main office and the Jebel Ali Branch also open 0900-1300 on Saturdays. Representative offices at the Department of Economic Development (DED) and Al Tawar Center open 0800-1300 Sunday to Thursday, JAFZA 14 office open 0900-1430 Sunday to Thursday.
- Dubai Children's City (2012) - opening times 0900-1600 Sat-Thu, closed Fridays during Ramadan (WAM news 19 Jul 2012).
- Dubai Customs (2012 information):
- Customs centers at Dubai Cargo Village, Al Maktoum International Airport - Cargo Terminal, Dubai Flower Centre, Jebel Ali, Coastal Berth, Al Khor Marine Operations, and Hatta Customer Service Centre open 24 hrs 7 days per week during Ramadan.
- Jebel Ali Customer Service Centre working hours 0900-1400 (not clear if 7 days or Sun-Thu - check with Dubai Customs about Fri and Sat, assume closed unless they tell you otherwise).
- Communication and eServices Department will receive customer inquiries regarding customs transactions, telephone toll free (in UAE) 800-80080 from 0730-1900.
- Postal Customs Center operating hours 0900-1700.
- Dubai Metals and Commodities Center 0800-1800.
- Al Khor Operations Center and Al Hamriyah Center 0800-1700.
- Service centres at Ducamz, Silicon Oasis, Dubai Textile City, and Dry Port and Claims and Collection at Dubai International Airport Free Zone and Cargo Village - 0900-1400.
- Port Rashid centers and Customs Declaration Clearance at the Customs Declaration Management Department - from 0800-1400
- Customs Declaration Management Department - 24 hrs 7 days per week for clearing customs declarations, 0900-1700 for declarations service (cancellation or amendment).
- DNRD Dubai 0800-1800 (assumed to be for Sunday-Thursday). Residency department at Mirdiff Arabian Center also open 2130-2400 (again, assumed to be for Sun-Thu). Other UAE NRD offices assume 0900-1400 unless otherwise indicated. During Eid Al Fitr (when almost everything government related is closed), the Dubai immigration office at the Bin Sougat Center is open from 2130-0030 (2010).
- Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA) Ramdan opening times (30 July 2011 press release):
- Zabeel HQ and Customer Service Centers in Al Wasl and Burj Nahar open Sun-Thu 0800-1630, closed Fri, open Sat 0900-1640.
- DEWA Customer Service Centers in Al Twar (Dubai Municipality office), Ayal Nasser, Hudaibah, Umm Ramool Center open Sun-Thu from 0800-1630, Fri closed, Sat 0900-1330.
- Customer Service Centers in Al Manarah Centre (Dubai Municipality offices), Al Reef Mall, Discovery Gardens, Jebel Ali Industrial Area, Dubai and Jebel Ali Directorate of Residency & Foreigners Affairs (DNRD) buildings open Sat-Thu 0900-1330, closed Fri.
- Dubai Health Centers (UAE government Ministry of Health Dubai Medical District) (2012 information):
- Outpatient visits from 0900-1400 (not clear if weekdays only or if Fridays and Saturdays included - check with clinic first).
- Evening shifts from 2030-2400 on Sunday to Thursday at Al Rashidya, Hor Al Anz, Al Ittihad, and Al Aweer Health Centers.
- Hor Al Anz Health Center also open for evening shift from 2030 to 2400 on official holidays and Fridays (Saturdays ommitted from supplied information, unknown if that means it's closed or not).
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA) administration 0900-1400 Sun-Thu. DHA hospitals, health centers, medical clinics (2011):
- Al Wasl Hospital outpatient clinic 0900-1400 Sun-Thu.
- Dubai Hospital outpatient clinic 0800-1300 and 1330-1800 Sun-Thu.
- Rashid Hospital outpatient clinic 0800-1300 and 1330-1730 Sun-Thu.
- Hatta Hospital outpatient clinic 0900-1400, family medicine outpatient clinic open 1000-1800 and 2000-2200.
- Emergency departments in all hospitals open 24 hours.
- Dubai Diabetes Centre working hours 0900-1400 Sun-Thu
- Most DHA Primary Health Centres (PHC) open 0900-1600 and 2030-2300 Sun-Thu, closed Fri, open 0900-1400 on Sat.
- Al Safa and Al Mamzhar health centres also open 2000-2300 on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Al Muhaisnah health centre open 0700-1700 and 2100-0200 Sun-Thu, closed Fri, open 0800-1300 Sat.
- DHA Medical Fitness Centres in Al Badaa, Al Khawaneej, Al Mankhool, Al Safa, Al Twar, DAFZA, DIFC, Dubai Airport, Emirates HQ, Rashidiya open 0900-1400 Sun-Thu, closed Fri and Sat.
- Al Satwa medical fitness center open 0700-1700 Sun-Thu, closed Fri, open 0800-1300 Sat.
- Al Quoz medical fitness centre open 0800-1600 (presumably Sun-Thu only).
- Knowledge Village and JAFZA medical fitness centers open 0800-1300 (presumably Sun-Thu only).
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA) Primary Healthcare Center (PHC) hours 0900-1600 and 2030-2300 from Sunday to Thursday (2010), 0900-1400 on Saturdays, closed Fridays (applies to most clinics). Al Safa and Al Mamzar clinics open 0800-2300 seven days. Hatta clinic closed on Saturdays (2010).
- Dubai International Airport - operates as normal 24 hours per day after passport control and customs (Irish Village bar and VIP lounges might serve alcohol during the day). Some landside cafes (Costa Coffee for example) and restaurants might be open, including food court in T1 for takeaways and possibly eating on site if done discretely.
- Dubai Metro feeder buses - 0600-0100 - unknown if this includes Fridays when the metro operates reduced hours (2011)
- Dubai Metro operating hours - Saturday-Wednesday 0600-2400, Thursday 0600-0100, Friday 1300-0100 (2011). Don't eat in trains, even at Iftar, or you risk a fine. Breast-feeding on trains also not allowed (Gulf News 28 July 2011).
- Dubai Municipality (2012) - working hours 0900-1400, Sun to Thu.
- Dubai Zoo open 1000-1700 daily (04 Aug 2011 press release).
- Etisalat business centers and customer service centers 0800-1400 and 2100-2300 from Sunday to Thursday, 0900-1400 on Saturday (no evening shift?). Hours extended in evening shift from 2100-0300 next morning at main business centers. Etisalat outlets in UAE shopping malls will follow the same timings as the mall (press release 11 August 2010).
- Federal government ministries and departments (2012) - working hours for employees 0900-1400 Sunday to Thursday.
- Fujairah Medical District (goverment centers) (2012 information):
- Muraished, Al Madina, and Kadfa Health Centers open 0900-1200 and 2030-2400 (midnight - presumably, supplied information said 1200 noon) from Sunday to Thursday, 2030-2400 on Fridays, 0900-1300 and 2030-2400 on Saturdays.
- Al Qarya, Dhadna, Al Tubain, Wadi Sidr, and Al Siji Health Centers open 0900-1300 and 2030-2300 from Sunday to Thursday, 0900-1300 on Saturdays.
- Merbeh and Al Badia Health Centers open 0900-1200 and 2030-2400 from Sunday to Thursday.
- Al Badia Health Center also open 0900-1300 only on Saturdays.
- Ministry of Labour (UAE MOL) (2012 information) - 0900-1730.
- Parking zones in Abu Dhabi - Abu Dhabi Department of Transport (DOT) issued Ramadan timings for Mawaqif paid parking zones: from 0900-1600 and 2230-0230 (unknown if Fridays included - information not supplied) (27 July 2011).
- Parking Zones in Dubai - fee payment from 0800-1300 (same as normal) and 0700-2400 (changed from 1600-2100) during Ramadan (RTA press release 24 July 2010).
- Public parks in Dubai (press release 04 August 2011) - Al Khor, Al Safa, Jumeirah Beach, Mamzar, Mushrif, Zabeel opening hours 0800-2400 daily. Smaller pond parks and other parks in residential areas and public squares such as Al Barsha, Al Nahda, Al Quoz, Al Qusais opening times 0800-0200 daily.
- Public transport - see Dubai Metro, Water Buses and Water Taxis. Dubai Taxis operate 24 hours 7 days so no change during Ramadan, although it might be difficult to find a taxi around Iftar time since many or most taxi drivers are Muslim, and will be breaking their fast.
- Post offices in the UAE (2012) - open 0900-1400 Sat-Thu, closed Fridays. Some of the main or larger post offices open 0900-1700 but none open in evenings according to WAM news release 19 Jul 2012 (in previous years some post offices open 2200-2400). Dubai Airport post office open 24 hrs 7 days per week (after passport control for departures, in terminal 1).
- Post offices in the Emirates open 0900-1400 Saturday-Thursday during Ramadan. Some post offices open 0900-1700 and 2200-2400 - usually the larger or main post offices in each emirate (WAM news 02 Aug 2011). Dubai Airport post office open 24 hours (it's after passport control so you need a plane ticket if you want to buy a stamp).
- All post offices are closed on the first day of Eid Al Fitr, and only main post offices are open on the other days of Eid Al Fitr, from 0900-1300. Main post offices open are: Abu Dhabi Central Post Office and Hamdan Post Office in Abu Dhabi; Al Ain Central Post Office; Dubai Central Post Office and Al Khor Post Office; Sharjah Central Post Office and Al Ghuwair Post Office; Ajman Central Post Office, Umm Al Quwain Industrial Post Office; Ras Al Khaimah Central Post Office, Al Uraibi Post Office; Fujairah Central Post Office, Dibba A Fujairah Post Office and Khorfakkan Post Office (2012).
- Parks in Dubai (public parks operated by the Dubai Municipality) (2012):
- Swimming pools in Mushrif Park and Al Mamzar Park will be closed for maintenance during Ramadan, and reopen for Eid Al Fitr.
- Al Mamzar Park open from 0800-2300
- Creek Park open from 0900-2300
- Jumeirah Beach Park open 0700-2000
- Mushrif Park open 1100-2200
- Residential and Pond Parks from 0800-1400
- Safa Park open from 1100-2300
- Zabeel Park open 1100-2300
- Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) Medical District (government health centers and clinics) (2012 information):
- Ras Al Khaima Health Center 0900-2400 (midnight) Sunday to Thursday, 2030-2400 on Fridays, 0900-1300 and 2030-2400 on Saturdays.
- Al Mamoora and Al Jazeera Health Centers 0900-1200 and 2030-2400 from Sunday to Thursday, 2030-2400 on Fridays, unknown for Saturday (information not supplied).
- Al Munaei Health - unclear information supplied - might be 24 hours per day. Or 0900-2400 from Saturday to Thursday, and 2030-2400 on Fridays.
- Al Rams Health Center 0900-1300 and 2030-2300 from Sunday to Thursday, 2030-2300 on Saturdays.
- Al Humranya, Al Jeer, Julphar, and Khat Health Centers open 0900-1200 from Sunday to Thursday.
- Shoaka Health Center open Monday to Wednesday only from 0900-1200?
- Kadra Health Center open 0900-1200 from Sunday to Thursday.
- Safni, Shamal, Al Nakheel, Al Thait, Saif Bin Ali, and Digdaga health centers open 0900-1300 and 2030-2300 from Sunday to Thursday.
- Schools in the UAE should open between 0830 and 1400 (2009).
- Sharjah Medical Centers and Health Clinics (government) (2012 information):
- Al Qaraen Health Center 0900-2400 Sunday to Thursday, 2030-2400 on Fridays, 0900-1300 and 2030-2400 on Saturdays.
- Al Riqqa, Al Sabkha, Waset, Al Khalidyia, Al Hamryia, Dibba Al Hosn, and Luluaia health centers open 0900-1200 and 2030-2400 on Sundays to Thursdays.
- Wasit Health Center 2030-2400 on Fridays, 0900-1300 and 2030-2400 on Saturdays.
- Al Rafea and Al Dhaid Health Centers from 0900-1200 on Sundays to Thursdays.
- Al Maleeha and Al Thumaid Health Centers 0900-1200 and 2030-2400 from Sunday to Thursday. Closed Fridays? On Saturdays from 0900-1200 only.
- Al Musalla Health Center 0900-1200 and 2030-2400 from Sundays to Thursdays, 2030-2400 only on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Wadi Al Helw open 0900-1300 and 2030-2300 on Sundays to Thursdays.
- Al Nahwa Health Center open 0900-1300 and 2030-2300 on Sundays to Thursdays.
- Abu Mousa and Al Madam Health Centers open 0900-1200 and 2030-2400 (not clear if 7 days or only Sun-Thu). On call duty available 24/7.
- Shopping malls in UAE - most will operate extended hours in the evenings with closing times between 2200 and 0100, or possibly 0200. Later closings more likely for larger malls and/or on Thursday-Saturday nights. Opening times are unlikely to be different. Malls will usually be very quiet during the day which is great if you don't like crowds.
- Sharjah Museums mostly open 0900-1400. Some open 0930-1330 instead. Some open 2100-2300 in addition to morning hours.
- Tasjeel vehicle registration Saturday-Thursday 0900-1500 and 2000-2400 (2009).
- Theme parks in UAE - check with individual theme parks. Opening hours might vary and/or ride availability might be reduced. On the plus side, they will usually be less busy during the day (but busier in the evenings).
- UAE federal government offices 0900-1400 Sunday-Thursday (2009).
- Umm Al Quwain (UAQ) (Um Al Qiwain) Medical District (government facilities) (2012 information):
- Al Khazan, Al Salma, and Falaj Al Mualla Health Centers open 0900-1200 and 2030-2400 (midnight) from Sunday to Thursday, 2030-2400 only on Fridays, and 0900-1300 and 2030-2400 on Saturdays.
- Vehicle and driver licensing departments (24 July 2011):
- Abu Dhabi Police traffic departments - most centers 0800-1800 (presumably Sun-Thu only, closed Fri and Sat). Some centers 0800-1300 - Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Abu Dhabi Marina Mall, Al Heir, Bani Yas, Bahr Court, Maqam, Masakin, Mazeed, Musaffah, Sweihan, Waqn (Salama Building), Western Region (Al Gharabiya).
- Water Bus services operate 0800-2200 (normally 0700-1900) (RTA announcement 15 August 2010)
- Water Taxi sercies operate 1000-2400 (normally 1000-2200) (RTA announcement 15 August 2010)
- Wild Wadi - probably open but check if all rides are available (2010).
Restaurants and cafes daytime opening hours in Dubai and UAE during Ramadan 2012
See latest information page - Dining outlets open during daytime Ramadan Dubai.
- Dubai Airport - food and drink outlets in the departures terminals after customs and passport control are open 24 hrs, also the public food court area in Terminal 1, and Costa Coffee outlets in T1 and T3. Not clear if outlets open during the day in T2 (assume not unless you have information otherwise). Burger King, Subway, and the Indian restaurant in T3 departures area also open, with sectioned off eating area for dine in. Alcohol available at the Irish Village in T1 after passport control (2012).
- Shakespeare & Co cafes - all branches closed during the day in 2012 (not confirmed)?
See Ramadan 2011 information for possible events, Iftar and other deals which might be repeated in 2012. Information below to be updated when supplied.
Ramadan 2012 Abu Dhabi
- To be updated as information is supplied.
- Dalma Mall - Ramadan events on Thu, Fri, Sat from 2000-2400 (8pm to 12am) including henna tattoo artists, clowns with balloons, face painting, roaming artists. Eid events from 1500-2300 (3pm to 11pm) include cane dancing show, magic shows, mascots, face painting, Freej parades. Opening hours during Ramadan are 1000-1300 and 1930-2400 for shops, Carrefour hypermarket open 1000-1300, restaurants and cafes open 1830-0200, CineRoyal Cinemas from 1200-2400.
- Liwa Executive Suites by Coral Hotels & Resorts - Iftar buffet AED 69 per person (includes service charge and tourism fee).
- Shangri-La Hotel Qaryat Al Beri Arabian Sanctuary - Layali Ramadan Tent on the beachfront with view of Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, live Arabic entertainment, shisha, Arabic coffee, Sohour à la carte menu from 2030 (8.30pm), prices from AED 180++ to AED 235++ per person including Ramadan beverages. Contact +971-2-5098888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Grand Iftar at Sofra bld AED 199++ per person including Ramadan beverages. Contact +971-2-5098555 or email email@example.com. Iftar buffet at Pearls & Caviar for group bookings of 80-120 people, Middle Eastern specialties, AED 199++ per person including Ramadan beverages, Contact +971-2-5098888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sheikh Zayed Mosque - free public bus transport on routes to the mosque from 1700-2200 hrs, extended to 0400 during the last 10 days of Ramadan. Routes covered are 32, 44, 54, 102, 115, 117, 202, 400, and 500. Free "Park and Ride" service operating from Zayed Sports City to the mosque.
Ramadan 2011 Abu Dhabi
- Emirates Palace Hotel - Ramadan Pavilion on The Palace Terrace. Iftar AED 230 per person, Suhoor from AED 100 per person. Arabic mezze and international foor. Tel +971-2-6907999.
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque - free Iftar meal. Non-Muslims can attend (but dress conservatively)? Tel 800-555.
- Yas Hotel, Yas Island - Options restaurant has daily Iftar buffet - Arabic and international food, AED 175 per person. Atayeb has Suhour menu with Arabic food, also shisha and games. Tel +971-2-6560600.
Ramadan 2012 in Al Ain
- Al Ain Wildlife Park & Resort (Al Ain Zoo) - 2100-0200 (9pm to 2am), last entry tickets sold at 0100 (2010 information but presumably the same for 2012).
Ramadan 2012 Dubai Iftar and Suhoor meals and buffets, hotel deals
To be updated as and when information is supplied.
- At The Top Burj Khalifa - Iftar at the observation deck on the 124th floor - traditional Arabic coffee, Masafi water, and La Ronda Chocodates. But no mention of dates in the press release (23 Jul 2012), which are traditionally eaten at Iftar. At The Top opening times are 1000-0100 during Ramadan.
- Atlantis Hotel The Palm - Iftar room package for two with Iftar meal at Asateer Ramadan Tent or Levantine Restaurant, or Suhour room package for two with breakfast at Kaleidoscope or Saffron or Suhour dining in room up to AED 310 worth. Both packages AED 1,315 + 10% service + 10% tax - includes access to Aquaventure Waterpark, The Lost Chambers Aquarium. Offer valid from 20 July to 20 August 2012.
- Coral Boutique Hotel Apartments, Al Barsha - Ya Baladi Restaurant Iftar Ramadan menu, Lebanese food, AED 135 per person, available from sunset to 2130.
- Grand Millennium Dubai - Atrium Restaurant Iftar Buffet, Arabic food, AED 145 per person, available from sunset to 2130.
- Hyatt Regency Dubai - Al Dawaar Iftar buffet AED 160 adults, AED 80 children. Iftar Al Sa'em packs for charity AED 20 or AED 25 each. Tel +971-4-2096986.
- Meydan Hotel - Suhour at The Meydan Majlis, Iftar at Farriers Restaurant - Arabic food, from AED 150 per person including Ramadan drinks. Meydan Bazaar with gifts and household decorations. Tel +971-4-3813333, email email@example.com.
- Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel - Kris Restaurant Iftar Buffet AED 130 per person, available from sunset to 2300. AED 65 for children between 6-12 years old, free for children below 6 years. Arab, Asian, international food, henna painting, Oud music.
- Taj Palace Dubai hotel - Iftar and Suhoor buffets, Arabic and Indian food. Iftar AED 119 per person, served from sunset to 2300. Suhour for AED 99 per person.
Ramadan 2011 Dubai Iftar, Suhoor, hotel deals
See next section for a list of Ramadan Tents in Dubai.
- Al Bustan Rotana Dubai - daily Iftar buffet AED 145 including traditional Arabic drinks and sweets. Tel +971-4-7054818.
- Atlantis Hotel, Palm Jumeirah - Asateer Ramadan Tent on the beach - Iftar buffet AED 165 per person (free for children under 3, AED 80 for kids aged 3-12), games, live oud and tableh music, PlayStations, television. Tel +971-4-4260800.
- Armani Hotel, Burj Khalifa - posh Iftar buffet for AED 260-290 at the Mediterraneo restaurant with views of the Dubai Fountains. Tel +971-4-8883444.
- Baker and Spice Cafe, Souk Al Bahar - Iftar meal (a la carte, not buffet?) with regional products (GCC and UAE), from 2000-2300, tel +971-4-4279856.
- Dubai Festival City Ramadan Tent - set up by the InterContinental and Crowne Plaza hotels at DFC. Iftar buffet for AED 165 per person, Sohour al la carte menu. Tel +971-4-7011111.
- Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel (near Ibn Battuta Mall) - Al Bahou restaurant. Iftar buffet with Arabic food, AED 140 per person. Majlis tent with music and games. Tel +971-4-4445613.
- Sheikh Mohammed Center for Cultural Understanding (SMCCU) Iftar dinner with Emirati food, AED 135 per person (2011 price), free for children under 12, every night (possibly except Fridays and Tuesdays?). Includes a tour of the Bastakiya Mosque? SMCCU is in the Bastakia historical area of Dubai. Bookings necessary - limit of 60 people per night. Visitors are encouraged to ask questions and visit the Bastakiya Mosque (dress conservatively). Tel +971-4-3536666, website www.cultures.ae.
List of Ramadan Tents in Dubai 2012
Ramadan Tents are a feature of the month of Ramadan in the UAE. Large tents, with air-conditioning, have activities that include some or all of the following: Shisha smoking, Iftar and Suhoor buffets or a la carte menus, board games and playing cards, television screens, live music bands (usually Arabic), and even video games for the anti-social (which sort of misses the point of going to a Ramadan Tent but hey, whatever floats your boat, or wows your dhow ... or whatever the UAE equivalent is).
- To be updated.
Ramadan Dubai 2012 competitions, events, exhibitions, special offers
- Charity donations - Dubai Outlet Mall, in association with UAE Red Crescent, Dubai Cares, and Dar Al Ber Society, has arranged collection locations for cash and items from the beginning of Ramadan until the end of Eid Al Fitr. Items that can be donated include clothes and shoes, books, stationary and school books, toys, computers, mobile phones, electronic goods, personal hygiene products, medicines, non-perishable foods, camping tents, blankets, heaters, etc (19 Jul 2012 press release).
Visitors can also donate Cash Money to Red Crescent collection boxes at designated areas around the mall.
- Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) Dubai 11th Ramadam Forum, from 24 July to 04 August 2012. Theme is Nasaem Al Rahma or Breezes of Mercy. Program includes 14 lectures and mass Iftar meals for 90,000 people. Website at www.almultaqa.ae.
- Dubai International Holy Quran Award competition (DIHQA) (16th session) - first prize of AED 250,000 won by Yassine Ben Hassoun of Kuwait. In 2nd place was Ainul Arefin from Bangladesh, in 3rd place was Chadian Yakhoub Edam.
- Emirates ID Authority - weekly competition during Ramadan with a question on their website for participants to answer. Winner gets an iPad.
- Emirates NBD annual Ramadan Football Tournament 2012 - seven-a-side tournament held by the Emirates NBD Social & Sports Club at the Al Nasr Club. Runs from 23 July to 07 August 2012 (16 days), every evening at 2200 (10pm) with 20 teams from Emirates NBD, and another 20 corporate teams from companies including AHDAFF, DEWA, Emirates Identity Authority, HSBC, General Motors.
- Photography exhibition - The World in Ramadam, hosted by the Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award, in the Bloomingdales Atrium at The Dubai Mall, free entry, until 18 August 2012.
- Ramadan Night Market - at Dubai World Trade Center (DWTC), from 10-19 August 2012. A bit like an indoor Global Village. Opening times 2000-0300 during Ramadan, and 1700-2400 (midnight) during Eid Al Fitr. Free entry. Products and services available include food items, garments and leather items, electronics, perfumes, home appliances, home accessories, furniture and handicrafts, toys and baby items, automobiles, souvenirs, musical instruments, travel and tourism services. Telephone +971-4-3277743.
Ramadan Dubai 2011 events and competitions, offers, shows and exhibitions
- Burjuman Center - Free Iftar dates and coffee at the majlis in the Observatory area during first half of Ramadan, and in the North Wing during second half of Ramadan. Evening games and entertainment including chess, tawla (backgammon), live traditional oud music (Thu, Fri, Sat). Exhibition of Arabic manuscripts (from 12th-15th century) and calligraphy in the South Wing presented by the Juma Al Majid Centre for Culture & Heritage. Photographic exhibition. Donations of cash, toys, clothes accepted for the "Gift the Joys of Eid to Needy Kids" collection in association with the UAE Red Crescent Society. Weekly BMW raffle from 18 August to 07 September 2011, ticket for shoppers spending at least AED 200.
- Dubai Cricket Council (DCC) Interface Ramadan cricket tournament - at the ICC Global Cricket Academy grounds from 02-28 August 2011.
- Dubai International Holy Quran Award Competition (DIHQA) -
- Dubai Police Ramadan Tournaments - policemen and women compete during Ramadan, including target shooting, snooker, bowling, squash, table tennis, tug-of-war, tennis, cross-country racing, strength tests. Sponsored by Emirates NBD for 2010.
- Dubai TV and Sama Dubai TV Ramadan program schedule?
- Gulf News Blockbusters - answer quiz questions, win prizes, and get your photo in the paper (2009)?
- Mirdiff City Centre - Playnation VIP Drop and Shop program on Fri and Sat from 1000-1800 - AED 120 for 2 hours including free toy, face painting, happy cube competition or playdough challenge. Central Galleria has children's storytelling, relaxation gazebo, "Soulful Nights & Days" Ramadan education for children. Charity collection points for unwanted items such as clothing, books, reading glasses, mobile phones etc.
- Modhesh World Ramadan Tent - Modhesh World entertainment park - open 1830-0200 (theme park open 1700-0200 during Ramadan).
- The Dubai Mall (press release 11 August 2011) - shops open 1000-0100, food court and restaurants open to 0300 (until 15 Sep 2011). Complimentary Iftar packs available at customer service information booths with water, dates, Ramadan calendar. Charity events - "Girls Education Campaign 2011" by Dubai Cares, donate-a-brick campaign at the Dubai Cares stand in the atrium, Kidzo donations at Kidzania for underpriviledged children. Traditional Arabic entertainment with live Oud and Qanoon music - three 45 min sessions from Tuesday to Saturday. Kidzania Ramadan activities including greeting card designing, lanterns, traditional jewelry and henna, Ramadan radio and TV programs, Arabic drumming street parade, abaya and kandura fashion shows.
Ramadan in Fujairah activities, tents, meals 2012
- To be updated when information supplied.
- Ramadan Social Cohesion Forum - launched by the Zayed Giving Initiative (WAM 28 Jul 2012)
Ramadan in Fujairah 2011
- Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort, Fujairah Views restaurant - Iftar buffet with international and Arabic dishes, AED 77 per person, half price for children 13-16, free for children under 13. Tel +971-9-2449000.
Ramadan in Ras Al Khaimah RAK events and Iftar meals 2012
- To be updated.
Ramadan Sharjah 2012 events
- Freej Village at Al Majaz Waterfront - daily during Ramadan from 2100-0100 (9pm-1am) and Eid Al Fitr (WAM 28 Jul 2012).
- Sharjah Islamic Bank Ramadan Tent (SIB Ramadan Tent) - from 25 July to 08 Aug 2012. Located in the Al Ramaqiyah area opposite Matajer Center, near the Bilal Bin Rabah Mosque. Activities include lectures and discussions about Islam and Ramadan, photography contest, and prize draws.
- Ramadaniat Al Qasba at Al Qasba - activities and events include Ramadan kiosks, Ramadan tent, promotions, Kids Fun Zone, Etisalat Eye of the Emirates Ferris wheel, fireworks every Friday at 2200 (10pm), live traditional music performances, story telling.
Ramadan in Sharjah 2011
- Ramadaniat Al Qasba - promotions and discounts at Al Qasba Sharjah restaurants and cafés. Also daily religious lectures in Al Qasba (Al Eiman Oasis?) and Khorfakkan after Taraweeh prayers including (press release 30 July 2011, dates not supplied):
- Sharjah Islamic Bank (SIB) Ramadan Tent in partnership with the Watani Program - from 04 to 18 August 2011 in the Al Refaa area. Activities include evening (after Taraweeh prayers) religious lectures, media, professional, entertainment lectures, Nasheed evenings, childrens activities, daily prize draws.
Eid Al Fitr 2012 UAE
- Information moved to Eid Al Fitr 2012 UAE page
Last update Wednesday 28-Jun-2017
- Ramadan Abu Dhabi Dubai Sharjah - general Ramadan information, and for the UAE
- Coffee shops open day time Ramadan UAE - reply with names of any restaurants, cafes, coffee shops open during the day in Dubai and UAE.
- Ramadan 2009 Dubai - add comments or events or timings for Ramadan 2009 in the UAE
- Ramadan UAE 2011
- Ramadan UAE 2010
- [Disabled] Submit URL.