Armani Hotel Dubai
Armani Hotel in Burj Khalifa tower
The Armani Hotel Dubai is a luxury hotel in the Burj Khalifa (renamed from the Burj Dubai tower), designed by none other than Mr Giorgio Armani himself, and is the first of several Armani Hotels planned around the world. The hotel was expected to open late in 2009, after the rumoured opening date of 09/09/09 for the Burj Dubai, but after the delayed Burj Dubai opening date of 04 January 2010, the Armani Burj Dubai (renamed as Armani Burj Khalifa?) opening date was 18 March 2010 ... 21 April 2010 ... 27 April 2010. The hotel has 160 or 172 rooms (conflicting information provided).
- Armani Hotel Dubai room prices AED 4000 to AED 40,000 (Reuters 27 Apr 2010).
- Armani Hotel was originally expected to open in 2008, the original planned opening date of the Burj Dubai.
- Total area of 40,000 sq m.
- Armani Residences from floors 9 to 16 of the Burj Dubai, 144 one and two bedroom apartment suites.
- Armani Hotel from floors G or 1 to 8, and floors 38-39 (unconfirmed), with 160 rooms and suites.
- Online booking and reservations for the Dubai Armani Hotel available from 31 January 2010.
- Armani Dubai Suite is located on level 39 of the Burj Khalifa tower, facing the Arabian Gulf. Suite has living room, private dining room with 8 seats, private gym, full-service bar and pantry, and two bedrooms, all fully equipped.
- Other accommodation at the Dubai Armani hotel includes 24 Armani Studios, 44 Armani Classic rooms, 38 Armani Premiere rooms, 36 Armani Suites, 6 Armani Executive Suites, 6 Armani Ambassador Suites, and 5 Armani Signature Suites.
- Hotel will have 8 restaurants including Indian, Italian (of course), Japanese, Mediterranean.
- Armani Pavillion - an outdoor area with capacity of 350 people.
- Shops and other facilities include Armani Privé club, Armani SPA, Armani Dolci chocolate and sweets store, Armani Fiori flower shop, Armani Galleria Armani accessories store.
|Armani Amal||3rd floor||1900-2300¹||Indian, Tapas, Champagne Bar||Terrace, Dubai Fountain|
|Armani Hashi||Ground floor||1900-2300||Japanese, Sushi, Sashimi||Terrace, Dubai Fountain|
|Armani Lobby Café||Lobby||0600-2400||Coffee Shop|
|Armani Lounge||1st floor||0800-0200||Italian cafe and light meals||Dubai Fountain view|
|Armani Mediterraneo||1st floor||0700-1100||1200-1530||1900-2330||Mediterranean cuisine|
|Armani Peck||Ground floor||1100-2300||Peck Deli hot and cold pasta|
|Armani Privé||1st floor||Milan VIP Lounge, nightclub||Open 2200-0300, closed Sunday|
|Armani Ristorante||1st floor||1200-1500||1930-2300||Italian, Tuscany, Mediterranean|
- Armani Amal open to 2400 weeknights, and 0100 on Thursday and Friday nights (original press release). Changed to 2300 in 16 August 2010 press release.
- Most restaurant timings changed to earlier closing times and later opening times according to 16 August 2010 press release (Ramadan hours).
Armani Privé nightclub and lounge bar
- Minimum charge AED 3000 for a table
- Largest LCD screen in the world (Reuters report 27 April 2010)?
- Armani Spa opening hours 0900-2100 (9am-9pm). Located on the 3rd floor. Tel +971-4-8883888.
Armani Hotel Dubai opening date
- Update: The Armani Hotel opened on 27 April 2010, another slight delay due to the volcanic eruption in Iceland disrupting air travel from Europe - even Giorgio Armani had to wait. An 18 April 2010 statement from the Burj Khalifa developer, Emaar Properties, said "Due to the unforeseen closure of European airspace and the subsequent cancellation of international flights, the much anticipated grand opening of Armani Hotel Dubai has been postponed from Wednesday 21st April to Tuesday 27th April 2010,"
- Update: The Armani Hotel official opening date delayed until 22 April 2010, and open to the public from 24 April 2010, according to a report in The National 08 March 2010 based on comments from the hotel reservation department, and an unnamed source who said "We needed additional time to make sure everything was 100 per cent perfect."
- The Armani Hotel will open on 18 March 2010 according to a press release 04 January 2010.
- According to press reports in the UAE 25 July 2009 of comments by Viviana Giussani, a spokeswoman for Armani in Italy, she said the Armani Hotel in Dubai "is not opening in September  but later, anyway by the end of 2009".
- 144 apartments on floors 9-16 of the Burj Dubai, expected to be available February 2010.
- Market prices in January 2010 approximately AED 15 million ($4m) for one-bedroom, and AED 25 million ($7m) for a two-bedroom unit.
Armani Hotels international
- Armani Hotel Milano under construction above Armani on Via Manzoni in Milan, expected to open in 2010 ... delayed to 2011.
- Armani Resort Marrakech - under construction in 2009-2010
- Armani Residences and Villas in Marassi, Egypt - under construction 2009-2010?
- Armani Hotel London - planned
- Armani Hotel New York - planned
- Armani Hotel Shanghai - planned
- Armani Hotel Tokyo - planned
Armani Hotels & Resorts
- Armani - Emaar Hotels and Resorts deal was signed in 2004, and expects to produce 7 hotels and 3 resorts initially. There might be a resort in Marrakech, Morocco eventually.
- Armani Hotels & Resorts was established in 2005 as a joint venture between Giorgio Armani SpA Group and Emaar Properties, the developer of the Burj Dubai.
- Armani Hotels & Resorts have plans to develop 10 Armani projects between 2010 and 2019.
Armani Hotel Dubai contact details
- Tel 800-ARMANI (800-276264) toll-free in UAE.
Last update Tuesday 07-Jan-2014
- Budget Dubai hotels - unlikely that the Armani hotel will make it into this list.
- Gucci Hotel Dubai - another luxury hotel ... maybe.
- Hotels in Dubai - other places to stay if the Armani inn is full.
- www.armanihotels.com - online booking should be available from 31 Jan 2010. Update, redirects to www.armani.com, since when?
- [Disabled] Submit URL.