Dubai Electricity and Water Authority DEWA
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA)
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) list of offices, locations, customer service centers, payment methods, and other information. For DEWA enquiries tel +971-4-6019999 (DEWA customer service center, open 24/7), emergencies tel 991.
- DEWA was established 01 January 1992 by decree, issued by HH Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai at the time. DEWA was formed by the merger of the Dubai Electric Company (DEC) and the Dubai Water Department (DWD), which had both been established by HH Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai, in 1959.
Spam and phishing messages from DEWA: Do not respond to or open messages from firstname.lastname@example.org, or any other addresses ending in dewabill.com. Do not visit the website dewabill.com (DEWA warning 20 Feb 2014).
List of DEWA offices
|Location||Building||Opening Hours||Telephone||Date open||Notes|
|Dubai city and Jebel Ali|
|Zabeel, Umm Hurair, next to Wafi City||DEWA HQ||0730-2000||0730-2000||+971-4-6019999||Head Office (location map)|
|Al Hamriya||Dubai Customs||0730-1400||closed||+971-4-6019999||Jun 2013||Customer Service Center|
|Al Hudaibah, near Dubai Drydocks||DEWA||0730-2000||0730-1400|
|Al Manara Center, Sheikh Zayed Rd||Dubai Municipality||0730-1400||closed||Jun 2011||Customer Service Center|
|Al Quoz Sustainable Building||DEWA||0730-2000||0730-2000||Jan 2013||CSC (location map)|
|Al Reef Mall||Shopping mall||0900-1530||0900-1530|
|Al Twar/Al Tawar||DEWA||0730-2000||0730-1400|
|Al Twar/Al Towar||Dubai Municipality||0730-1400||closed||Customer Care Center|
|Al Wasl Center||DEWA||0730-2000||0730-2000||+971-4-3041304|
|Ayal Naser (Ayyal Nasser), Deira||DEWA||0730-2000||0730-1400||+971-4-2717864||New location Jul 2015|
|Burj Nahar Center||DEWA||0730-2000||0730-2000|
|Discovery Gardens||0730-2000||closed||+971-4-6019999||Customer Service Center|
|Jafiliya/Jafilyah||DNRD||0730-1400||closed||Customer Care Center|
|Jebel Ali||DNRD||Customer Service Center|
|Jebel Ali Industrial Area||DEWA||+971-4-6019999||Customer Service Center|
|The Gardens||See Discovery Gardens|
|Umm Suqeim - moved to Al Manara||Dubai Municipality||0730-1400||closed||closed?||Customer Care Center|
|Outside Dubai city|
- DEWA offices and Customer Service Centers are closed on Fridays. Some are closed on Saturdays also.
- The Al Wasl location might have a counter open 24 hours for emergencies (reconnection if you forgot to pay your bill for example). Or try Burj Nahar, or the Al Satwa (Al Hudaibah) office near Port Rashid.
- Press release 14 August 2010 said DEWA will also open two new centers in the Gardens (Discovery Gardens) and in DEWA's new building in Jebel Ali industrial area. Opening dates not supplied.
Updates by date
- Jul 2015 - Ayel Nassar Center (Ayil Nasir) moved from off Al Maktoum St to off Al Khaleej Rd (Corniche Rd), opposite Palm Deira metro station. New tel not not provided but main DEWA number +971-4-6019999 (600 numbers are higher than normal tel charges in the UAE).
- [Check date] Apr 2015 - DEWA bills no longer sent by post, Green Bills sent by email with SMS reminders only.
- See also DEWA Ramadan 2013 opening hours.
- 25 Jun 2013 - new customer service center opening in Al Hamriya announced.
- 18 Jun 2013 - Discovery Gardens DEWA Service Center opening hours extended 0730-2000 Sun-Thu.
- 10 Jan 2013 - Al Quoz DEWA new Sustainable Green Building opening announced (date of opening not supplied)? Location not supplied.
- 04 Oct 2011 - DEWA Al Manara Center office opening announced (approximately).
- 03 Jun 2011 - DEWA announced that the Umm Suqiem Center office has moved to the Al Manara Center.
- 10 Feb 2011 - new Jebel Ali Industrial Area DEWA office opening announced (date not confirmed).
New DEWA customer service center in Al Hamriyah
- Opening date June 2013? Announced 01 July 2013. Located in the Dubai Customs Al Hamriya Building (on Al Khaleej Rd?). Is the 15th DEWA customer service center to open.
- Working hours 0730-1400 Sunday to Thursday.
- Services available include:
- New customer registration
- Bill enquirys and payments
- Billing address changes
- Suggestions and complaints
- Final bill requests
- Clearance certificates
- General enquiries
- But not tenancy contract updating (not listed in notification email)?
New DEWA customer service center in Discovery Gardens
- Opening date August 2010 (announced 26 August 2010?)
- Services available include:
- Bill enquiry and payment
- Change of billing address
- Clearance certificate
- Final bill requests
- General enquiries
- Registration of new customers
- Suggestions and complaints
- Update tenancy contract
DEWA Sustainable Building in Al Quoz
- Located on corner of 6th St and 3A St in Al Quoz 1 (location map), near Noor Islamic Bank metro Station (but not as close as marked on the DEWA map - appears to be an error), other side of Sheikh Zayed Road from the DEWA office in the Al Manara Dubai Municipality Building. GPS coordinates 25°9'14.45"N, 55°13'57.01"E (25.154015, 55.232504).
- Opening announced 10 January 2013 and 20 February 2013. Actual opening date not supplied.
- According to the press release, the new DEWA building is the largest government building in the world (so far) with a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum rating for green buildings, with 98 out of a possible 110 points.
- Facilities include a DEWA customer service centre (the 14th), call center, engineering and control center, Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) center for water systems, and a second DEWA childcare nursery for children of employees (opening announced Jun 2013). Building floor area is 31,000 sq meters (340,000 sq ft) (internal, not footprint?).
DEWA bill payment and DEWA payment methods
DEWA bills can be paid in several ways and locations:
- DEWA Headquarters in Zabeel, or DEWA Customer Service Centers for cash, cheque, or credit card (1.7% surcharge added) payments.
- Drive-thru payment option available at Al Wasl and Umm Al Ramool Customer Service Centers.
- Direct Debit facility for automatic bill payment from your bank account available at some banks, including: Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, Commercial Bank of Dubai, Dubai Islamic Bank, Emirates NBD, Union National Bank.
- Bank teller counters - payment can be made at some banks. List not provided, might be the same as the Direct Debit banks and/or phone banking list.
- Online at the DEWA website if you have set up a login username and id (DEWA ePay system). Surprisingly, DEWA had an additional charge of 5% (?) for paying online (obviously they paid their computers a higher salary than their human staff), but that seems to have been suspended in 2008 or 2009.
- Online at the Dubai Government website, mpay.dubai.ae, using M-Pay electronic payments.
- Mobile phone payment (DEWA mpay) - register at DEWA mpay website first.
- Petrol stations in Dubai operated by ENOC and EPPCO.
- Dubai Metro stations ENOC stores at Burjuman Center (Khalid Bin Al Waleed Station), Deira City Center 1, Deira City Center 2, Mall of the Emirates, Rashidiya 1, Rashidiya 2.
- Post offices in Dubai (post offices are operated by Emirates Post).
- Etisalat Public Payment Machines.
- ATM machines at banks in Dubai (most shopping malls in Dubai have one or more).
- By post - cheques accepted, mail to Dubai Electricity & Water Authority, PO Box 564, Dubai, UAE. Cheque amount should be billed amount, crossed "A/C Payee", and made out to Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, with mobile telephone number and DEWA account number written on the back of the check.
- Phone Banking or Tele Banking (only if you have a bank account).
- Banks accepting DEWA payments for all DEWA customers: Emirates Islamic Bank, Emirates NBD, HSBC Bank Middle East.
- Banks accepting DEWA payments only from customers with an account at the same bank: ABN Amro Bank, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB), Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB), Al Hilal Bank, Arab Bank (ArabBank), Barclays Bank, Citibank, Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD), Dubai Bank, Dubai First, Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB), First Gulf Bank (FGB), Habib Bank AG Zurich, Lloyds TSB UAE (no longer since they were taken over by HSBC), Mashreq Bank (MashreqBank), National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), Noor Islamic Bank, RAK Bank (RAKBank), Sharjah Islamic Bank, Standard Chartered, Union National Bank (UNB), United Bank Limited.
- Emirates Islamic Bank (EIB) - Alternate Channels including Internet Banking and Cash Deposit Machines (press release 13 April 2011).
DEWA bill amount enquiries
- Online at the DEWA website - log in to your account.
- SMS by mobile phone (costs 60 fils) - send text message to 4488 with the following format "dewa bill accountnumber" (include spaces, exclude quotation marks, replace accountnumber with your account number (marked as "contract account number" on your bill).
DEWA opening times and hours
- Normal office timings are 0730-2000 (7:30am to 8pm) Saturday to Thursday, closed Fridays.
- Ramadan hours vary depending on office location (in 2010)
- Zabeel HQ and Customer Service Centers in Al Wasl and Burj Nahar are 0800-1630 Sunday to Thursday, 0900-1630 on Saturday, closed Fridays.
- Customer Service Centers in Hudaiba, and in Dubai Municipality Centres in Al Twar, Umm Ramool, and Eyal Nasser open 0800-1630 Sunday to Thursday, 0900-1330 on Saturdays, closed Fridays.
- Customer Service Centers in Al Reef Mall, Dubai Municipality Center in Umm Sequim, and the Directorate of Residency & Foreigners Affairs - Dubai (DNRD) timings are 0900-1330 Saturday to Thursday, closed Fridays.
DEWA Key Account Management and VIP Customers unit
- Press release 14 August 2010 said DEWA was launching a "Key Account Management" unit for VIP Customers. Apparently, what that means is The new service aims to strengthen the strategic partnerships with DEWA's major stakeholders through the allocation of dedicated account managers to speed up processes and provide high quality services according to the best standards while meeting their requirements to facilitate the completion of their transactions.
- So if DEWA thinks you're special, then you get individualised attention to process your DEWA jobs more quickly. Or something.
DEWA desalination plant operations
Production capacity of DEWA water desalination plants (press release 24 August 2010)
- 2009 - 330 million gallons per day
- 2008 - 275 million gallons per day
- Peak power demand in Dubai was 9,600 MW (Gulf News 28 February 2011).
Al Ghafat Reservoirs phase I and II (press release 12 December 2010)
- Al Ghafat Reservoirs storage capacity of 120 million gallons of desalinated water in two reservoirs of capacity 60 million gallons each.
- Project cost up to AED 285 million includes construction and testing of two reinforced concrete reservoirs, pipeline interconnection, earthworks, civil works, operation control building, office building, chlorine dioxide facility, guard house, electrical substation building, power supply, emergency power supply, security fencing, SCADA system, CCTV surveillance.
- Project completion scheduled for December 2012.
- Total DEWA water storage capacity will increase to 669 million gallons on completion (549 million gallons as of December 2010).
- Project location in the Al Ghafat area near the Dubai Ring Road (Dubai Bypass Road). Areas served will include Jebel Ali-Lahbab, DubaiLand, Dubai Silicon Oasis, Dubai Autodrome, Dubai Sports City.
DEWA electricity substations in Dubai (table incomplete)
Table is of new substations completed or under construction during 2011, 2012. More comprehensive list under development.
|Location||Completion||Capacity||Cost (AED)||Areas Served||Notes|
|Al Aweer||Jan 2012||132/400 KV||883m4|
|Al Aweer Ras Al Khor||Apr 2011||400/132 KV||998m1||Al Warqaa, Mirdif, Nad Al Hamar, Nad Al Sheba|
|Al Barsha||Mar 2011||400/132 KV||764m2||Al Barsha|
|Al Khafaf||May 2012||132/11 kV||106m|
|Al Mamzar Beach||132/400 KV||642m||Al Mamzar, Al Nahda, Mushref?|
|Bur Dubai consulate area||Aug 2011||132/11 KV||135m||Bur Dubai|
|Dubailand||2012||400/132 KV||998m1||Al Ain Road, Al Barari, Al Lisaili, Silicon Oasis|
|Jebel Ali Free Zone north||132/11 kV|
|Jebel Ali Free Zone south||400/132 kV|
|Jebel Ali Free Zone south||Jun 2012||132/11 kV||144m||includes AED 36m for 135kV cables|
|Jebel Ali Racecourse||Oct 2011||400/132 KV||764m2||Nad Al Sheba|
|Jumeirah Lakes Towers||Sep 2011||132/11 KV||85m||JLT, Jebel Ali|
|Jumeirah Park North||Q2 2011||132/11 KV||120m||Jumeirah Islands|
|Meydan||Jan 2012||132/400 KV||883m4|
- Press release 24 February 2011 said the two substations were close to completion. Total cost AED 998 million for both Al Aweer and Dubailand together. Each substation consists of 4 transformers with capacity 505 MegaVolt Ampere (MVA). Ras Al Khor Used Car Complex Substation will connect to G, H, and Mushrif Station.
- Press release 14 February 2011 gave estimated completion dates. Total cost of AED 764 million for both Al Barsha and Jebel Ali Horse Race Track area together. Each substation consists of 4 transformers with capacity 505 MegaVolt Ampere (MVA). Al Barsha Substation will connect to L and D Stations, Jebel Ali Horse Race Substation will connect to G Station.
- Al Mamzar Beach Substation to connect with Substations at Al Nahda, Mishref, Warsan. Substation consists of four 505 Megavolt Amepere (MVA) capacity transformers (WAM 14 March 2011).
- Al Awir and Maydan power stations together cost AED 883m according to WAM news report 06 February 2012. Unknown if the Al Awir station is the same as the one reported in 24 February 2011, or different.
DEWA debts, bonds, loans, financial information
- 2011 - Syndicated loan of AED 5.4 billion, repayments of two installments of AED 2.7 billion due in April 2011 and October 2011. Gulf News reported 28 February 2011 that the CEO and MD, Saeed Mohammad Al Tayer, said “Dewa is going to pay its syndication loan worth Dh5.4 billion in two tranches of Dh2.7 billion each according to the initial plan that is due in April and October this year,”
- 2010-2011? - roadshow launched to raise AED 5.5 billion (US$1.5 bn) via a bond program in Europe and the US to fund future projects.
- March 2011 - five contracts worth AED 1 billion to be signed during the Wetex exhibition according to comments from the CEO reported by the Gulf News 28 February 2011.
- 2011 budget is AED 1.9 billion (Gulf News 28 February 2011).
- DEWA Initial Public Offering (IPO) possibility is remote - CEO comment reported by Gulf News 28 February 2011 was "Not right now. ... We haven't thought about it because it's not required."
- Managing Director and CEO - HE Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer
DEWA contact details
- Postal address - Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA), PO Box 564, Dubai, UAE.
- Tel: +971-4-3244444, fax: +971-4-3248111, email email@example.com.
- Customer service telephone number: +971-4-6019999.
Last update Sunday 05-Jul-2015. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- www.dewa.gov.ae - official DEWA website, with online payment login (but confirm URL with DEWA before signing up, don't just take our word for it).
- [Disabled] Submit URL.