| Where is Dubai? | Public holidays | Dress code |
Dubai Islamic Bank (Al Islami)
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB, also Al Islami)
Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB) was founded in 1975 and is one of the larger banks in Dubai and the UAE. At the start of 2008, DIB had 48 branches in the UAE, and about 100 ATMs. At the end of 2008, DIB had 54 branches, and expects to open another 10 during 2009 to have a total of 64 branches by the end of the year. During 2005-2006, DIB went through a significant rebranding effort and are easy to spot with their distinctive yellow and green logos. Dubai Islamic Bank also have branches in Pakistan.
- DIB is also called Al Islami. There are several dedicated ladies branches ("Johara" is the ladies banking service from Dubai Islamic Bank).
- From October 2007, DIB customers can recharge their Salik (Dubai road toll) accounts by phone. The number is 800-4008 but you should really get the number from an official DIB source, don't just take our word for it.
- Al Nahda branch of DIB opening announced 10 January 2010 bringing total Dubai branches to 24, and total for the UAE to 62.
- DIB announced on 01 June 2010 a new advertising campaign developed by the advertising agency Impact BBDO, with clever looking pictures intended to set DIB apart from the rest of the banking mob in the UAE.
Dubai Islamic Bank opening hours and times
- Most branches are open 0800-1330 Saturday to Thursday.
- Branches in shopping malls might not open until 1000, and some might close at 1600 (or 1530 on Thursdays).
List of Dubai Islamic Bank branches
UAE branches of Dubai Islamic Bank
|Branch||Open date||Telephone||Fax||PO Box||Branch Manager|
|Main Branch, Deira, Dubai||+971-4-2959999||+971-4-2954999||1080|
|Abu Hail (ladies only)||Aug 2007||+971-4-2681818||+971-4-2661723||1080||Ms Safiya Abdullah|
|Al Baraha||Jan 2012|
|Al Barsha Mall||Jan 2012|
|Al Dhiyafah Street (Al Diyafa Road)||+971-4-3987565||+971-4-3981508||1080|
|Al Lisaili (Al Lisayli)||10 Nov 2010||+971-4-4040800||+971-4-8325860|
|Al Ittihad Mall (Etihad Mall), Muhaisnah||+971-4-2845644||+971-4-2840154|
|Al Mamzar||Feb 2011||+971-4-6012634||+971-4-6012633|
|Al Nahda||Jan 2010||+971-4-2656661||+971-4-2655465|
|Al Qusais (Al Ghusais)||10 Nov 2010||+971-4-2588882||+971-4-2588603|
|Al Tawar (Al Twar)||+971-4-2631000||+971-4-2611146||1080|
|Dubai Industrial City||2008||+971-4-4290221||+971-4-4290226|
|Dubai Internet City||+971-4-3624600||+971-4-3624606||1080|
|Dubai Mall (The Dubai Mall) - ATMs only?|
|Dubai Marina (JBR)||Jul 2008||+971-4-4270400||+971-4-4270401||Khalid Al Janahi|
|Dubai Silicon Oasis||+971-4-3265000||+971-4-3265932|
|Emaar Business Park||May 2009||+971-4-4220866||+971-4-4220865|
|Ettihad Mall, Muhaisnah||Feb 2011||+971-4-2845644||+971-4-2840154|
|Gold Souk, Deira||Jan 2012|
|Ibn Battuta Mall||Nov 2006||+971-4-3685558||+971-4-3685559||1080||Ibrahim Hassan|
|International City (Royal Wings Building)||01 Nov 2009||+971-4-4220818||+971-4-4220817||1080|
|Jumeirah (ladies branch)||+971-4-3429955||+971-4-3441136||1080|
|Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR)||2008||+971-4-4270400||+971-4-4270401|
|Karama||28 May 2012|
|Mall of the Emirates||+971-4-3401823|
|Mirdiff City Center||Apr 2010||+971-4-2843838||+971-4-2843363||Open 1000-2130|
|Nad Al Hamar (Nadd AlHamar)||May 2009||+971-4-2899551||+971-4-2899467|
|Nad Al Sheba||+971-4-3390777||+971-4-3391116||1080|
|Oud Metha Road (Oud Meitha)||Aug 2007||+971-4-3366313||+971-4-3362171||1080||Marwan Al Ghaith|
|Ras Al Khor||Jun 2006||+971-4-3330060||+971-4-3339160||1080||Foad Abdul Qader|
|Shaikh Zayed Road||Dec 2002||+971-4-3437777||+971-4-3433777||1080|
|Salahuddin Road (Salah Eldin Rd)||Jun 2006||+971-4-2666386||+971-4-2669848||1080||Rashed Moh'd Al Taweela|
|Umm Suqeim (Um Suqaim)||Nov 2006||+971-4-3946444||+971-4-3952224||1080||Amer Al Ameri|
|Abu Dhabi branches||Open||Tel||Fax||PO Box||Branch Manager|
|Corniche Abu Dhabi||Nov 2007||+971-2-6819300||+971-2-6819290||Shomais Hassan Shomais|
|Khalidiya (ladies branch)||+971-2-6677119||+971-2-6677016||3863|
|Murour (Muroor)||Jan 2008||+971-2-4490007||+971-2-4492182||Suhail Al Shamsi|
|Mussafah Branch (Mussaffah / Mussafa)||Aug 2006||+971-2-5555774||+971-2-5551491||3863||Sultan Al Osairi|
|Shahama||10 Nov 2010||+971-2-5645599||+971-2-5645595|
|Al Ain branches||Open||Tel||Fax||PO Box||Branch Manager|
|Al Ain Industrial||+971-3-7218637||+971-3-7219846|
|Al Ain Mall||+971-3-7515155||+971-3-7516060||1231|
|Al Jimi (ladies branch)||Jun 2006||+971-3-7630666||+971-3-7623166||1232||Fatema Al Aameri|
|Al Yahar Branch||Jan 2007||+971-3-7817500||+971-3-7817222||1232||Saeed Oubaid Al Mokbali|
|Sharjah branches||Open||Tel||Fax||PO Box||Branch Manager|
|Al Buhairah Branch||+971-6-5540404||+971-6-5540475||1409|
|Al Ghubaiba (ladies branch)||+971-6-5661116||+971-6-5676976||1409|
|Al Hera / Heera (ladies branch)||Jan 2008||+971-6-5220095||+971-6-5227945||Sarah Ahmad Ibrahim|
|Al Mowailih / Moweleh (7)||Nov 200||+971-6-5350222||+971-6-5341165||1409||Souad Mosbih|
|Al Taawun Mall||+971-6-5775500||+971-6-5775089||1409|
|Clock Tower Roundabout||Nov 2007||+971-6-5632333||+971-6-5631136||Nawaf Musa|
|Hamriya Free Zone||Jan 2007||+971-6-5261122||+971-6-5261123||1409||Salah Hassan Mohamad|
|Kalba (East Coast)||Dec 2008||+971-9-2772338||+971-9-2775799||Zayed Saeed Al Khezaimi|
|Ajman branches||Open||Tel||Fax||PO Box||Branch Manager|
|Al Nuamah (Al Nuaimiyah / Nuaimiah)||Jan 2008||+971-6-7410333||+971-6-7411957||Naofal Abd Al Karim Al Shawarib|
|Ras Al Khaimah branches||Open||Tel||Fax||PO Box||Branch Manager|
|Al Hamra Mall||May 2009||+971-7-2434244||+971-7-2434522|
|Khuzam / Khouzam||+971-7-2362666||+971-7-2364400||1522|
|Ras Al Khaimah||+971-7-2284888||+971-7-2284788||1522|
|Ras Al Khaimah (ladies branch)||Jan 2008||+971-7-2353202||+971-7-2353247||Fatima Al Suwaidi|
|Umm Al Quwain branches||Open||Tel||Fax||PO Box||Branch Manager|
|Umm Al Quwain||+971-6-7666630||+971-6-7666799||799|
|Fujairah branches||Open||Tel||Fax||PO Box||Branch Manager|
|Kalba - see Sharjah|
|Khorfakkan Corniche||Dec 2002||+971-9-2370080||+971-9-2370656||17799|
Foreign, offshore, overseas branches of Dubai Islamic Bank
Country - City
|Open||Telephone||Fax||PO Box||Branch Manager or notes|
|DIB Iran - Tehran||+9821-229-08755||+9821-229-08758|
|DIB Jordan||July 2009|
|DIB Pakistan Limited (DIBPL), Karachi||+9221-563-1952||+9221-563-1953||150 locations in Pakistan (Mar 2014)|
|DIB Islamia College branch, Karachi||Mar 2014|
|DIB Turkey- Istanbul||+90212-310-8121||+90212-260-7878|
Dubai Islamic Bank also has a Real Estate Finance Office at the Dubai Land Department (since Nov 2006), open 8am to 2:30pm, Sunday to Thursday. Also one in Sharjah (since Feb 2007), open 8am to 4pm Sunday to Thursday.
- DIB plans to open 10 new branches in the UAE in 2011. Locations not supplied (29 December 2010 press release).
DIB Al Islami Online Banking
- Dubai Islamic Bank Al Islami Online Banking service launched November 2009
DIB Al Islami Mobile Banking
- Al Islami Mobile Banking for mobile phones, PDAs, iPhones, etc launched June 2010 (13 June 2010 press release).
- Mobile banking services available include
- Checking of accounts including Murhaba, current accounts, credit card statements, investment and fund accounts
- Chequebook requests, card issue or cancellation
- Electronic payment and funds transfer facilities
- Registration for additional e-channel services such as SMS banking, Phone Banking, and E-Statements
- Emirates REIT is a real estate investment trust joint venture between DIB and with Eiffel Management (an REIT operator in France), and reportedly the first REIT established in the Dubai (press release 24 November 2010).
- Fund launched on 23 November 2010, to be based at the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC).
- DIB owns 58% (as of end 2010) of Tamweel, a home mortgage provide in the UAE.
DIB new branches
DIB new branches in 2014
- 14 Mar 2014 (PR) - new Dubai Islamic Bank Pakistan Limited (DIBPL) Islamic College branch opening announced. DIBPL operates 125 branches and 25 booths in 40 cities in Pakistan, with over 130,000 customers.
DIB new branches in 2013
DIB new branches in 2012
- 28 May 2012 - new DIB branch in Al Karama announced (press release). Location and contact details not supplied. Total of 36 branches in Dubai, and 75 branches in the UAE.
- 25 January 2012 - DIB announced the opening of three new branches in Dubai - located in the Gold Souk in Deira, Al Baraha area, and Al Barsha Mall. Total now of 74 branches in the UAE, and 35 branches in Dubai. Opening hours and contact information not supplied.
DIB Dubai and Abu Dhabi new branches in 2010-2011
- New branches in Al Mamzar and Al Ittihad Mall in Al Muhaisnah announced in 02 February 2011 press release. Opening hours, tel numbers etc not supplied. Total of 68 branches in the UAE.
- Two new branches in Dubai in Al Qusais and Al Lisaili, and one new branch in Abu Dhabi in Al Shahama opened (press release 10 November 2010). Actual opening dates not supplied. Telephone numbers, opening hours, managers' names not supplied either.
- Shahamah branch will also have a Johara ladies banking section.
- Total of 74 DIB branches in the UAE expected by the end of 2010.
Dubai Islamic Bank Mirdiff City Center
- Dubai Islamic Bank opened a branch in the Mirdif City Centre shopping mall (press release 17 April 2010)
- Total of 63 DIB branches in the UAE.
- DIB plans to have a total of 72 branches in the UAE by the end of 2010.
Dubai Islamic Bank Jordan (DIB Jordan / DIBJ)
- DIB Jordan started operations in July 2009 after buying a stake in the Industrial Development Bank of Jordan.
New DIB branches May 2009
- New branches opened in Dubai (Nad Al Hamar with a ladies section, and Emaar Business Park), and Ras Al Khaimah (Al Hamra Mall).
- Total 57 DIB branches in the UAE, total 22 DIB branches in Dubai, total of 4 DIB branches in RAK
- Total 64 DIB branches expected in the UAE by end 2009 (another 7 branches to open between May and December 2009).
DIB management personnel
- Chief of DIB Retail and Business Banking is Dr Adnan Chilwan (01 November 2009)
- Head of DIB Branches Management is Rashid Mahboob (01 November 2009)
Dubai Islamic Bank awards
- 25 August 2010 (press release) - DIB is named as the best performing bank in the UAE banking sector in an August 2010 YouGov Siraj BrandIndex survey of 750 UAE based responders.
DIB contact information
- Head Office: Dubai Islamic Bank PSJ, PO Box 1080 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971-4-2953000, Fax: +971-4-2954111
- General Enquiries and Customer Services Call Center: Phone: +971-4-2117400 (within UAE call toll-free 8004008), email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DIB Swift Code: DUIBAEAD (confirm with official DIB source before using this information).
Note that the DIB website can be found at alislami.ae as well as dib.ae. You'll see their logo is Al Islami.
Online Banking Security
- As with any bank, if you want to log in to your online account, you should always type in the URL carefully or store it in your own bookmarks/favorites.
- You should never click on a link in an email or from a website except for the bank's own site if you are sure you are on the correct site.
- UAE banks with a domain name ending in .ae are more likely to be genuine websites since the .ae domain is regulated more strictly than .com.
Last update Friday 14-Mar-2014
- Dubai Islamic Bank DIB - got something to say about DIB? How do you rate them? Add comments to the DIB discussion.
- Banks in Dubai - list of foreign and local banks in Dubai and the UAE
Related websites (new window)
- www.alislami.ae - Dubai Islamic Bank website
- [Disabled] Submit URL.