Mirdiff City Center shopping mall Dubai
Mirdif City Center shopping mall Dubai
Mirdif City Centre is a large MAF Group shopping mall in the Mirdiff area of Dubai, similar in size and layout to the Mall of the Emirates, another MAF shopping mall in Dubai. Mirdiff City Center (MCC) includes a Carrefour hypermarket, Decathlon, VOX Cinemas, about 430 shops, and several entertainment options for children and adults such as bowling, football simulation, skydiving simulator. Opening date Tuesday 16 March 2010. Renamed or rebranded as City Centre Mirdif (in Nov or Dec 2013). See also Mirdiff City Center list of stores.
|Shops||1000-2200 (10am-10pm)||1000-2400 (10am-12am)||1000-2400 (10am-12am)|
|Banks||1000-2200||1000-2200 Thu, closed Fri||1000-2200|
|Carrefour||0900-2400 (9am-midnight)||0900-0100 (9am-1am)||0900-2400 (9am-midnight)|
|Food court restaurants||1000-2200 (10am-10pm)||1000-2400 (10am-12am)|
|[Little Explorers Junior] Aquaplay|
|Playnation||1000-2300 (10am-11pm)||1000-2400 (10am-midnight)||1000-2300 (10am-11pm)|
|VOX Cinemas||1000-0100 (10am-1am)|
|Ramadan||Food court open daytime for takeaways (since 2010) and dine-in (since 2015).|
- Play Nation area includes: iFLY Dubai, Little Explorers, Soccer Circus Dubai, Yalla! Bowling, and Magic Planet.
Mirdif City Center project construction
- Al Jaber LEGT Engineering & Contracting (MCC construction), tel +971-4-4290599.
- Holford Associates (Architects), tel +971-4-43970958.
- Mace International Dubai office (Mirdif City Centre Project Managers), tel +971-4-2940085.
- Polaris Public Relations (PR agency), tel +971-4-3415555.
- WSP Middle East (design and MEP), tel +971-4-2833395.
- Vice President: Yousif Al Ali.
Mirdiff City Center Mall contact details
- Mirdif City Center Information Desk tel (toll-free) 800-6422, email email@example.com.
- Location at corner of Emirates Road and Tripoli Street. Exits are clearly signposted off both roads.
- Or see Carrefour Mirdiff City Center location map (new window).
City Centre Mirdif other headings
- Movies, films at VOX Cinema Complex MCC (previously called Cinestar Cinemas). Has big Max and medium Max theatres but no IMAX cinema.
- City Center Mirdif restaurants and cafes list.
- City Centre Mirdiff reviews.
- Dubai Metro access and nearest metro station: Rashidiya then take the bus, no metro station with walking access to MCC.
- City Center Mirdiff special offers and sale periods.
- Car parking is free at all times (for now).
- Mirdif City Centre map and location.
- Mirdif City Centre food court. There are two food courts, both upstairs. One at north end, and a smaller one towards south end near cinema complex.
- Mirdif City Centre bowling, operated by Yalla! Bowling.
- [Move to list of outlets page] List of banks and ATMs at MCC. Opening times are 10am-10pm Sat-Thu, closed Fri.
- ATMs only: Abu Dhabi Commericial Bank (ADCB), Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB), Arab Bank, CitiBank, RAK Bank
Sharjah Islamic Bank.
- ATMs and offices or branches: Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB), Emirates Islamic Bank (EIB), Emirates NBD (ENBD), HSBC.
- [No ATM?] Commercial Bank of Dubai, tel +971-4-4167305.
- Dubai Islamic Bank, +971-4-6092222.
- Emirates Islamic Bank, tel +971-4-3733055.
- Emirates NBD bank. Conflicting timings, MCC says 10am-10pm, Emirates NBD says 10am-9pm? Phone Eva to check ... no.
- [No ATM?] First Abu Dhabi Bank, tel +971-4-2316904 (previously NBAD).
- HSBC, no teller service, office and ATM only, +971-4-3632786.
- [No ATM?] Mashreq Bank, tel +971-4-5168321.
- ATMs only: Abu Dhabi Commericial Bank (ADCB), Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB), Arab Bank, CitiBank, RAK Bank
- Mirdif City Centre offices, services, supermarkets
- Adidas sports shoes and equipment.
- Carrefour hypermarket and supermarket, ground floor, north end. One of the larger Carrefours in Dubai.
- du telecom office.
- Emax, first floor, north end.
- Fitness First gym.
- Magic Planet kids play area, south end, level 1.
- Parker's restaurant cafe, first floor. Burgers, pasta, eggs benedict, etc. Need a key to get in? What? Instabook or Facegram or something.
- Tips and Toes.
- Parent category: Mirdif, Shopping malls in Dubai, MAF shopping malls.
- Child pages: MCC entertainment, MCC list of stores.
- Related pages: Mall of the Emirates.
Archive information [Nov 2009]
Mirdiff City Center construction and information
Mirdiff City Centre is a large shopping mall under construction in the Mirdif area of Dubai, and one of many shopping malls in the Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) Group portfolio of Dubai and Middle East shopping centres. The Mirdiff City Center project was first announced in April 2007 with construction beginning in August 2007. Expected opening date is 16 March 2010 according to a press release 03 November 2009 (was previously expected to be end of November 2009).
The shopping mall is located in the Mirdif area at the corner of Emirates Road and Tripoli Street and will service the Al Khawaneej, Al Maher, Al Muhaisanah, Al Warqaa, Mirdif, Nad Al Hamar, and Rashidiya areas but of course it is expected that shoppers from further afield in Dubai and other emirates will also visit the mall. Mirdiff City Centre will be similar in size to the Mall of the Emirates, and facilities will include two food courts with about 60 different eating outlets, cafes, restaurants, a Carrefour hypermarket, a 10 screen cinema complex (was originally 12-14 screens), an outside cinema, Magic Planet children's entertainment area, and an "iFly" indoor skydiving center.
|Opening date||expected to be 16 Mar 2010|
|Construction completion date||expected to be end November or early December 2009|
|Total area||533,000-552,000 sq m (5.9 million sq ft)|
|Gross Leasable Area (GLA)||183,400-196,000 sq m (2.1 million sq ft) on 2 floors|
|Entertainment Area||25,000 sq meters (270,000 sq feet) (about 12%)¹|
|Project value||AED 2.0-2.6 billion|
|Total number of shops or outlets||430-450 (430 in Sep 2009 press release)|
|Car parking||7000 spaces on 3 floors|
|Construction contract||Al Jaber LEGT Engineering & Contracting (ALEC) LLC|
|Project Manager||Mace Group International|
|Architects||RTKL, and Holford Associates|
|Interior Design||KCA International|
|Design and MEP supervision||WSP Middle East|
|MEP||Emirates Trading Agency (ETA)|
|Quantity Surveyors||EC Harris|
|Structural Engineering||Mott MacDonald|
|Facilities Management||MAF Dalkia|
- Previous entertainment area figures were 20,000 sq meters (215,000 sq feet) (about 10%). Updated from MAF press release 29 Jul 2009.
[Archive] Mirdiff City Centre news and updates
- 10 Nov 2009: MAF Playnation brand announced, to incorporate iFly, Magic Planet, Yalla! Bowling, Cite des Enfants, and Soccer Circus entertainment activities. Reference: MAF press release.
- 03 Nov 2009: MAF shopping mall group expansion plans mentioned 2 malls in Damascus, 1 in Saudi Arabia, 1 in Beirut. Bloomberg were talking to Shahram Shamsaee, MAF Shopping Malls Senior Vice President of Retail. Reference: Bloomberg report.
- 03 Nov 2009: Mirdiff City Center opening date expected to be 16 March 2010. About 90% of shops expected to open then. Construction is about 94% complete, and about 95% of center is leased out. Reference: MAF press release.
- 15 Sep 2009: Gulf News reported that 188 of the shops at MCC would be unique to the new shopping mall.
- 13 Sep 2009: Mirdif City Center car park is 90% complete. Carpark area is 272,000 sq meters and will hold 7,000 cars. Access to Emirates Road and Tripoli Street with 12 entry and exit points. Customers will have 17 shopping mall access points. Total outlets in MCC will be 430. Total GLA 196,000 sq meters. Reference: MAF press release.
- 29 Jul 2009: Mirdiff City Centre (being developed by Majid Al Futtaim Properties) hands over the 25,000 sq meter shopping mall entertainment space to be developed by Majid Al Futtaim Leisure. Reference: press release.
- 15 Jun 2009: Appointment of Mirdiff City Centre Vice President announced - Yousif Al Ali. Previous jobs included General Manager of Sharjah City Center, Deputy General Manager of Ajman City Center, and General Manager of Dubai Mall. Mr Al Ali holds Certified Shopping Center Manager and Certified Marketing Director awards from the International Council of Shopping Centres (ICSC), and is the only UAE National to do so. Other qualifications include a Masters in International Busines from University of Wollongong (Australia) and a BSc in Mathematics from UAE University. Reference: press release.
- 27 May 2009: MCC tenants start receiving "beneficial access" to begin fitout of shop units prior to opening. Fit out periods range from 60 to 270 days. The 270 day period implies an opening date at end of February or in early March 2010. Reference: MAF press release.
- 23 May 2009: Construction of two access roads and bridges to Mirdif City Centre was approved by the RTA. The new roads will connect to surrounding highways, and cost AED 184m, which Al Futtaim, the MCC developers, will pay for. Reference: RTA press release.
- 08 Apr 2009: Opening date expected to be in first quarter of 2010 (later than orginally expected), mall construction is about 70% complete, 90% of the centre has been leased already, car parking for 7000 cars on 3 levels with 12 entry & exit points, total 430 retail stores, area of about 196,000 sq meters. Reference: press release.
- 04 Mar 2009: The Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) awarded the contract for the construction of the Mirdif City Center road interchange to Dutco Balfour Beatty. The value of the contract is about AED 182 million ($50m) (MEED).
- 08 Feb 2009: More details of MCC design. GLA is now 196,000 sq m. Mall will include palm trees and water features inside, an outside garden, a Victorian themed food court, and a Middle Eastern themed food court. Reference: MAF press release.
- 10 Dec 2008: IFly indoor sky diving center with two chambers announced for MCC shopping mall. Reference: press release.
- 21 Nov 2008: Hamley's toy store will open their second UAE outlet at MCC (first one is at The Dubai Mall). Reference: Emirates Business report.
- 15 Nov 2008: MAF Shopping Malls announces a fibre-optic network will be installed for internet, entertainment and business services. Reference: MAF press release.
- 18 Aug 2008: MAF Shopping Malls announces that MCC will comply with LEED standards to make MCC the first eco-friendly shopping mall in all phases of development. Green Technologies were employed as consultants. Reference: MAF press release.
- 15 Aug 2007: Construction starts on Mirdiff City Center (Construction Week report 03 Dec 2008).
- 18 May 2007: MAF Shopping Malls invites companies to bid for tenders. Prospective companies are ALEC, Al Naboodah Laing O'Rourke, Nasa Multiplex (MEED).
- 30 Apr 2007: Mirdif City Centre announced by MAF Shopping Malls, GLA of 183,400 square meters, cost AED 2.6 billion, 430+ retail outlets, 2 food courts, 14-screen multiplex cinema complex, 7000+ car parks, completion scheduled for 2009 Q4. Reference: MAF press release.
Last update Thursday 24-Oct-2019. Page development 4L 5C.
- Carrefour Dubai
- Deira City Centre - another MAF mall.
- Mall of the Emirates - and another one.
- List of shopping malls in Dubai
- www.citycentremirdif.com - new Mirdif City Centre official website (from Aug 2014). Previous domain www.mirdifcitycentre.com redirects.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.