Deira City Center shopping mall Dubai
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Deira City Center shopping mall Dubai
Deira City Centre (DCC) is a large MAF Group shopping mall on the Deira side of Dubai Creek, similar in size and layout to the Mall of the Emirates in Dubai (another MAF Group shopping mall). Diera City Center (DCC?) includes a Carrefour hypermarket, movie theatre complex, Magic Planet entertainment area for children, a crowded food court especially on weekends, and a car park that takes a long time to exit at busy times.
- Deira City Centre opening date in November 1996? DCC was the first of the Majid Al Futtaim Group shopping malls to open in Dubai.
- Parking is free for the first 4 hours on weekdays, and all day on Fridays, Saturdays, and public holidays. Parking fees are 20 dhs per hour from 4-7 hours, 100 dhs for 7-8 hrs, 150 dhs for more than 8 hours, or 350 dhs if left overnight (as of December 2010). Car park open from 0600-0200 daily.
Deira City Centre opening times
|Shops||1000-2200 (10am-10pm)||1000-2400 (10am-12am)||1000-2400 (10am-12am)|
|Carrefour||0900-2400 (9am-midnight)||0900-0100 (9am-1am)||0900-2400 (9am-midnight)|
|Food Court||1000-2200 (10am-10pm)||1000-2400 (10am-12am)||1000-2400 (10am-12am)|
|Magic Planet||1000-2300 (10am-11pm)||1000-2400 (10am-midnight)||1000-2400 (10am-midnight)|
|Ramadan||Food court closed until Iftar. Some restaurants open daytime for takeaways only.|
Deira City Center expansion 2013
- 18 Nov 2013: Some reports about the Sharjah City Center said DCC "... is currently undergoing a Dhs22 billion redevelopment." Presumably that's a typo rather than a thousand-fold increase in the amount being spent on expansion (AED 22 billion is enough to build a small town).
- 23 Apr 2013: DCC is expanding ... again? Or another report about the 2012 expansion? Project value given as AED 22 million, to be completed by Aug 2013. Refurbishment includes reconstruction the center court to be completed by end May 2013, Dubai metro access development, and changes to the food court area.
Deira City Center expansion plans 2012
- Phase 3 of Deira City Center includes expansion of food court areas and more retail space, and the City Walk (not related to Citywalk area in Satwa-Jumeirah).
- Kele Contracting appointed in January 2012 by Majid Al Futtaim Properties as construction firm for phase 3 redevelopment.
- Completion of phase 3 planned for August 2012.
Deira City Centre expansion 2011
- Another 55 shops including Aeropostale, American Eagle, Toys 'R' Us, and Marks & Spencer will be added in 2011 (12 March 2011 press release).
- Additional retail space of 30,000 square feet will also include a new fitness facility, a new Dubai Metro entrance, a new prayer room, redevelopment of the jewellery and textile areas.
- Phase 1 and phase 2 construction firm is Kele Contracting.
New shops open in Deira City Center
- Ted Baker - open 31 August 2011, menswear, womenswear, accessories, store area 1,900 square feet (press release 11 Sep 2011).
- Toys 'R' Us - open 06 July 2011, location level 2, West Court near the cinema complex, area 16,000 sq ft, includes a Babies 'R' US section
Deira City Centre list of shops
- Opening date listed if known.
- To be updated.
|Category||Shop and store names|
|Antiques, Carpets||Al Jaber Gallery, Pride of Kashmir|
|ATMs and cash machines||See Banks|
|Beauty Products, Cosmetics, Perfumes||Adbul Samed Al Qurashi, Ajmal Perfumes, Al Haramain Perfumes, Al Hunaidi Perfumes, Al Rasasi Perfumes, Arabian Oud, Khan Al Saboun, L'Occitane, Lush, MAC Cosmetics, Mashael Gallery, Mikyajy, Paris Gallery, Red Earth, Sephora, The Body Shop, The Nature Shop|
|Books||Borders Bookshop, Magrudy's|
|Cafes and Coffee Shops||Aran Café, Bite Cafe, Caffe Ristretto, Columbus Café, Costa Coffee, Gloria Jeans Coffees, La Gaufrette, Paul Café, Starbucks (Debenhams), Starbucks (food court area), Starbucks (near Cinestar?), Swiss Café, Tim Hortons|
|Cards, Gifts, Stationery||Carlton Cards, Dolce Monde, Gulf Greetings|
|Children, Baby, Maternity Clothes|
|Clothing and Fashion Accessories|
|Clothing and Fashion, general||See Fashion, mixed|
|Cosmetics||See Beauty Products|
|Department stores||Debenhams, Marks and Spencer (opening 2011?), Woolworths|
|Electronics, Music, Photography|
|Fashion, Children||See Children, Baby, Maternity Clothes|
|Fashion, Ladies||Ted Baker (31 Aug 2011)|
|Fashion, Men||Ted Baker (31 Aug 2011)|
|Fashion, mixed / unisex||Iconic, Stadium|
|Fashion, Teenagers||See Fashion-Mixed, or Fashion-Ladies|
|Food Court||Al Safeer, Auntie Anne's Pretzels, Baskin Robbins (2 locations), Bateel, Burger King, Charley's Grilled Subs, Cinnabon, Cold Stone Creamery, Dunkin Donuts, Fish & Co., Flaming Wok, Fresh, Fruitesca, Fujiyama, Gazebo (Feb 2013?), Haagen-Dazs, Hardee's, KFC, Karam Express, La CreParis, La Fragola, Magic Corner, Marble Slab Creamery, McDonald's Deira, Mrs. Vanelli's, New York Fries, P.F. Chang’s (Feb 2013?), Panda, Pizza Hut, Pulp Juice Bar, Safari Juices, Shamiana (Indian), Subway (sandwiches), Sugoi Sushi, Taco Bell, Texas Roadhouse (Feb 2013?).|
|Food products and other food stores|
|Handbags||See Luggage & Leather Goods|
|Hardware and Tools|
|Health and Fitness|
|Home Accessories & Furnishings|
|Jewellery (see also Watches)|
|Luggage, Leather goods|
|Money Exchange||Al Ansari Exchange, Al Ghurair Exchange, Leela Megh Exchange (LM Exchange), Wall Street Exchange|
|Thanks for visiting Deira City Centre. Tell your friends.|
|Optical, Spectacles, Sunglasses|
|Perfumes||See Beauty Products|
|Phones, Mobiles, Accessories|
|Property and Real Estate|
|Restaurants (see also Cafes, Food Court)||Calypso, Chili's, China Times, Churchill's English Pub, Coco's, Colours Café, Hatam, La Cite Brasserie, La Villa, L'Auberge, Le Café, Martini Lounge, TGI Friday's, Uno Chicago Grill, Wild Ginger|
|Shoes and Footwear|
|Sports and Leisure|
|Tailors and Textiles|
|Telephone Services||See Phones-Mobiles-Accessories|
|Toys and Games||Toys 'R' Us and Babies 'R' Us (07 July 2011)|
|Watches (see also Jewellery)|
|Other, uncategorized, unknown|
Deira City Center Mall contact details
- Deira City Center Information Desk and Customer Service tel +971-4-2954486, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Short walk from Dubai Metro Red Line Deira City Centre (or City Center) station.
- By car opposite Deira side of the Floating Bridge across Dubai Creek. See Carrefour Deira City Center location map (new window).
Last update Saturday 14-Mar-2015. Page development 4L 5C.
- www.citycentredeira.com - Deira City Centre official website.
- www.deiracitycentre.com - previous Deira City Centre website, forwards to new one.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.