Restaurants, cafes, food and drink outlets open daytime during Ramadan UAE
List of cafes, coffee shops, restaurants open daytime during Ramadan in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE. Smoking and alcohol restrictions, eating and drinking rules, and other information.
2018 (see 2017 listings, most outlets and malls have similar timings for 2018)
This section for additional outlets or significant changes from 2017
- Mazyad Mall. Daytime dine-in: Cafe Julie, India Palace, La Brioche. Takeaways: Aryaas Express, McDonalds, Papa Murphy's, SFC Plus.
- Most outlets open daytime in 2017 are open again for daytime eating and drinking in 2018. Simplest choice is to go to one of the larger shopping malls which have food courts open from 12pm (Dubai Mall, MOE, Dubai Festival City, Mirdif City Centre, Deira City Center, etc).
- JLT still a good destination for the varied selection of cafes and restaurants open for daytime dining. Note that parking rules have changed since 2017. A parking ticket is required but there are no machines to purchase one, you'll need a Dubai registered vehicle for using the SMS system, or a smartphone with the RTA app if vehicle is registered in another emirate.
Dubai changes for 2018
- A number of cafes and restaurants in shopping malls outside the food court areas are open for daytime dine-in in 2018. Based on a brief walk around we'd estimate around 20-25% are open, less in Deira, more in Bur Dubai. Look for ones with obvious partitions shielding the daytime diners from public view. More shopping malls have dine-in eating areas for food court purchases. Malls with food court dine-in areas in 2018 which did not have one in 2017 include: Burjuman Center, Ibn Battuta Mall (very small areas), Oasis Center Mall.
- Burjuman Center: Tim Horton's near metro access for dine-in, food court has a dine-in area for 2018 (not in 2017).
- Ibn Battuta Mall has two food courts with many (but not all) outlets offering takeaway purchases during the day, and several other outlets offering daytime dining.
- Both food courts have a small closed off area for customers to consume their purchases in. The downstairs one near Carrefour is very small, the upstairs one in the metro link is small.
- Several other outlets in Ibn Batuta Mall are open for daytime dining, and have larger dining areas than the food court sections: Caffe Nero, Carluccio's, Habit Burger and Grill, Paul Cafe, Shakespeare's (but no smoking in their shisha area daytime), Switch Bowling, TGI Fridays, Tim Horton's (both of them - 2nd branch opened in Tunisia Court May 2018).
- Costa Coffee, Starbucks, Taqado, are open for takeaways only. Caribou and Dome Cafe are no longer in operation.
- Oasis Center (Oasis Mall) has part of the upstairs food court sectioned off for daytime consumption of food court takeaway purchases. Most food court outlets are open, most other outlets are closed daytime. Jamba Juice, Krispy Kreme open for takeaways.
Ajman, Fujairah, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain
- Much the same as 2017, i.e. almost everything closed for daytime dine-in.
Ras Al Khaimah
- Al Hamra Mall. Hungry Burritos open for dine-in from 10am (not confirmed) or takeaways only?
- Bateel Cafe daytime dine-in branches. Abu Dhabi: The Galleria Mall Al Marayah Island. Dubai: Arabian Ranches, DIFC, Dubai Media City, Emaar Business Square, JBR The Walk, Marina Walk.
- Jollibee daytime dine-in branches Mall of the Emirates and The Dubai Mall, timings from 12pm. Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Sharjah and other Dubai branches open for takeaways only before Iftar.
- Tim Hortons have more outlets open for daytime dine-in in 2018 than in 2017, e.g. in Burjuman Center, Ibn Battuta Mall. New branch at MOE opened 12 Jun 2018?
TL;DR version for Abu Dhabi 2017:
- Abu Dhabi Mall food court (not Abu Dhabi Marina Mall): most food court outlets open for dine-in daytime, and you get a nice view over the water. Hardee's is closed daytime though :(. Other mall F&B outlets closed or takeaways only.
- The Galleria Mall, Maryah Island: most outlets open for dine-in from 12pm, a few cafes open earlier (8am). Free parking (probably until new Al Maryah Central mall opens).
- WTC Mall, downtown Abu Dhabi: Food court area most outlets open for dine-in; The Hub (Bu, PizzaExpress, Tamba) open for dine-in from 12pm. Free parking 0-3 hrs after 10am, all day on Fridays.
- Yas Mall food court has dine in, open from 10am. Vox Cinemas also allows consumption inside cinema theatres. Almost all other mall outlets closed except for a few offering takeaways. Free parking.
TL;DR version for Dubai 2017:
- Food courts in shopping malls. Several open for dine-in after 12pm with takeaways only before that; if dine-in not available most malls have takeaways from some food court outlets. Free wifi at MOE and MCC (MallConnect) and Dubai Mall (DubaiMall by EMAAR). Easiest metro access at DCC and MOE. Free car parking all day at MCC and Dubai Mall.
- Dubai Festival City, large food court area, relatively quiet, free all day car park. No free mall wifi.
- Dubai Mall, very busy food court, free all day car park.
- Dubai Marina Mall, food court area open (but a bit hot), Pier 7 nearby has a couple places open afternoon for drinking and smoking. Free all day parking in mall car park.
- Deira City Centre mall (DCC), no sitting down before 12pm, even without food. Very busy.
- Mall of the Emirates (MOE), busy, both food court areas open, no sitting down before 12pm (takeaways only), 4 hrs free car park Sun-Thu, free all day Fri-Sat.
- Mirdiff City Centre mall (MCC), both food court areas open, relatively quiet, free mall wifi, free all day car park.
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) for eclectic selection of cafes and restaurants along promenade level but is hot for walking around. Parking free for 3 hrs, difficult to find free all day parking Sun-Thu, easier on Fri-Sat.
- Last Exit food truck area on Sheikh Zayed Rd (desert side of highway, AUH to DXB direction) has most outlets open 24 hrs, and the dining area is open daytime with indoor seating where you can consume your purchases. Confirmed by site visit, contrary to information given in other sources. The other Last Exit areas (Al Qudra cycle track and Al Khawaneej) are closed daytime.
- [Update: from May 2017 only 1 hr free parking at all times including weekends and after 6pm weekdays] DIFC for reasonable selection of cafes and restaurants. Busy at lunchtimes Sun-Thu, quieter on Fri-Sat. Easy metro access (short walk from Emirates Towers station). No more free all day parking on weekends.
General information about F&B consumption daytime in UAE
- Asking information counters in shopping malls if any outlets are open daytime can result in conflicting information being provided. We've often been told nothing is open, not even for takeaways, and then found outlets open for takeaways and dine-in.
-  Information about opening times can be confusing or inconsistent. As is information about what is legally permitted. Some sources will say nothing is open daytime except in 4 and 5 star hotels, some will say there are secret places which are open daytime but they are not allowed to inform customers about timings (not even on Facebook or Twitter). Clearly some degree of information is permitted since UAE based magazines and newspapers publish lists of places which are open daytime. And many or most places in free zones are open normal hours during the day for dine-in.
2017 updates for Dubai (updated 23 Jun 2017)
Ramadan 2016 forum dining topic. Reply there with updates, corrections, new information. Use for Dubai and all UAE locations. Yes we know it's the 2016 topic, it will do until we get it updated (and we'll shift any 2017 posts to the new one).
- This list focuses on places and areas with exceptions to the default setting of closed for dine-in during Ramadan daytime. Meaning:
- Most or all restaurants and cafes in Dubai free zones are open for daytime dining so a detailed list is not given here. Note that a free zone is not the same as a freehold property area, for example JLT is a freehold property area and a free zone so most places are open; but Dubai Marina is only a freehold property area so most places are closed daytime except for takeaways and deliveries.
- Most or all 4-5 star hotels in Dubai will have at least one dining and drinking outlet open during the day so a detailed list is not given here.
- Several shopping malls (but not all) have a closed off area in their food courts to allow dine-in consumption of takeaways. This only seems to apply in Dubai, not other emirates.
- [Seems to apply to Dubai only, not Abu Dhabi or other emirates] Alcohol restrictions during Ramadan changed in 2016 to allow drinking during the day (inside licensed bars and restaurants). Same rules apply in 2017, although we found a couple of bars which, if open, did not allow alcohol consumption during the day, or drinks restricted to beer and wine only.
- Places open for takeaways during the day will also do office or home deliveries if they normally do deliveries outside Ramadan.
- [Move] IMG Worlds of Adventure indoor theme park restaurants open before Iftar: Coffee House, Boulevard Gourmet, Samosa House.
- [Check, move] Dubai Parks and Resorts (Bollywood, Lapita Hotel, Legoland, Motiongate, Riverland): second hand information all F&B outlets closed daytime, not confirmed. Lapita Hotel might have something open.
- Update: McDonalds Riverland open for takeaways but not dine-in? Other Riverland outlets all closed daytime? Lapita Hotel has pool bar or cafe open for dine-in (smoking area).
Daytime dine-in at Dubai shopping malls in Dubai
- Al Ghurair Center (City), note there is no free parking allowance on weekdays (AED 15 per hour):
- [Open] Food court has a curtained off area for dine-in, allowed from 10am apparently (not 12pm like other malls). Upper floor was a bit warm when we visited (a/c not working very well). Outlets open daytime: McDonald's, Pastarito Pizzarito, Tapa King, Wendy's.
- [Open for takeaways] Chow King (not 24 hrs, changed to 0930-0300 during Ramadan, dine-in only after Iftar), Cinnabon, Jollibee (takeaways from 1000, delivery 1000-2200), Man'oushe Street (Manoushe St), Max's Restaurant, McDonald's (from 1200), Papa Johns pizza, Paul Cafe, Sangeetha (from 0730), Seattle's Best Coffee, Starbucks, Yakisate (shop across road from mall, not mall branch).
- [Closed daytime] All The Perks, Chimney Cake Factory, Coffee Bike, Denny's, Dome Cafe, Illy Caffe, London Dairy, Second Cup, Wok & Go, most other outlets unless noted as open.
- Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana hotel has daytime dine-in breakfast (0630-1030) and lunch (1200-1500) buffets. Might be ok for coffee at other times. No bar (hotel is dry).
- Aswaaq Umm Suqeim: The French Bakery open for takeaways, nothing for dine-in.
- Burjuman Center: most F&B outlets closed until Iftar, some open for takeaways. Food court area closed for dine-in. We were told no sitting allowed in food court area daytime, but in some areas people were allowed to sit to rest, talk, write, read, use computer, etc (but not for F&B consumption). Unknown why the restriction applied to us (we were reading the mall map and making notes). Only dine-in options are:
- Dome Cafe ground floor near Carrefour, small room for dine-in - usually their smoking area but no smoking daytime. Also no laptop computers allowed. Yes, really. They told us it was a municipality restriction on their license, which we find odd but that's what they said. We didn't ask if desktop computers or tablets were permitted.
- The Gallery Restaurant in the Arjaan by Rotana Hotel at the other end of the mall open daily from 0630-2230 Sun-Thu, 0630-1300 Fri-Sat (closed from 1300, yes, you cannot have afternoon tea or dinner there in weekends).
- Vox Cinemas - can eat and drink in theatre, no restriction on age or gender or pregnancy status. But VOX Cinema food only, outside F&B not allowed.
- [Open for takeaways and deliveries] 800 Degrees Pizza, California Pizza Kitchen, Chicken Tikka, Cold Stone Creamery, Costa Coffee, GRK Fresh Greek, Jollibee, KFC, Krispy Kreme Donuts, Marry Brown, McDonalds, Paul Restaurant & Bakery, Pizza Hut, Starbucks, Subway, Tangerine Restaurant, Texas Chicken, Tim Hortons, Wrap Chic, Yo Sushi.
- Deira City Centre: Food court area open for dine-in after 12pm, takeaways only from 1000-1200, no sitting down before 12pm (seriously, they're quite strict about it). Statement from mall: "27th May - 26th June, Shops: 10:00am to 1:00am, F&Bs: 10:00am to 2:00am"
- [Open] All food court restaurants except London Fish & Chips, and McDonald's (closed for renovations).
- [Open for takeaways in main mall area] Baskin Robbins, Caribou Coffee, Carluccio's, Cinnabon, Cold Stone Creamery, Colors Cafe, Costa Coffee, Dunkin Donuts (branch near cinema), P.F. Changs, Paul Cafe, Potbelly sandwiches, Starbucks (both food court and cinema outlets), Tim Hortons.
- [Closed] Dunkin Donuts downstairs (upstairs near cinema is open), Pappa Roti. All full service restaurants except for PF Changs (takeaways only).
- Vox cinemas open for food and drink consumption inside cinema theatres (no age or gender restriction as in Novo cinemas).
- Pullman Hotel: Medley Restaurant open for meals and coffee dine-in, La Fabrique Sports Bar open for non-alcoholic drinks (changed from 2016) and smoking (no alcohol until 7 or 8 pm).
- Dragon Mart:
- Dragonmart 1: Nothing open for dine-in or takeaways (according to DM information counter). Level 1 food court was open in 2016 with partitioned area for eating takeaways?
- Dragonmart 2:
- [Open] Upstairs food court has a few outlets open: McDonald's (from 11am), KFC, Hardees. All other outlets closed (including Subway). There is a small partitioned area in the food court where you can sit and eat your takeaways. Outside the food court, Nuts Valley is the only other place we found open during the day, but it is not really a restaurant or cafe.
- [Closed] Downstairs Geant Bistro, full service restaurants and coffee shops all closed, no takeaways, including Tim Hortons (usually open for takeaways in other malls) and Gloria Jeans. Food court outlets closed: Al Arrab, Ciao Ciao, Kababak, Subway, Texas Chicken.
- Dubai Festival City mall (DFC): Upstairs food court area curtained off and most outlets open, serving takeaways which can be consumed in the food court area. Some cafes in main mall area open, most full-service restaurants closed until Iftar (no takeaways).
- [Open in food court] All outlets except ones listed below ...
- [Closed in food court before Iftar] Chinese Palace, Extreme Shawarma, London Fish & Chips, Pho Room, Thai Express, The Manhattan Fish Market.
- [Open in main mall for takeaways (not complete)] Bareburger, Caffe Nero, Costa Coffee, Eately, Godiva, Magnolia Bakery, Paul Cafe, Peppermill (?), Starbucks.
- [Closed in main mall area (not complete)] most full-service F&B outlets including California Pizza Kitchen, P.F. Changs.
- Novo Cinema allows F&B consumption inside theatres for young children (below 10 yrs) and pregnant mothers only.
- Hard Rock Cafe open from 12pm for dine-in, alcohol available, smoking area.
- Dubai Mall: see The Dubai Mall.
- Dubai Marina Mall: food court area open for dine-in with most outlets open (also in 2016). Main mall area some outlets open for takeaways (can eat and drink in food court area). Reel Cinemas no eating or drinking in theatres before Iftar.
- Address Hotel Dubai Marina Mall
- Pier 7: Cargo (from 1600, alcohol, smoking area), The Scene (from 1200, alcohol, smoking area), others closed until Iftar (Asia Asia, Atelier M, Abd El Wahab, Fume).
- [Open for dine-in food court outlets] Assia in Wok, Baskin Robbins, Best Shawarma, Cafe Italia, Chickenow, Cinnabon, Doner & Gyros, McDonald's.
- [Open for takeaways only daytime] Caffe Nero, Carluccio's, Five Guys, GBK (Gourmet Burger Kitchen), Le Pain Quotidien, Starbucks, Vivel Patisserie, Yo Sushi, Zafran.
- [Closed until Iftar] Bistro des Arts, Burj Al Haman, Little More, Shakespeare & Co cafe.
- Ibn Battuta Mall: Nothing for dine-in unless you go to the cinema, most food court stores Geant end open for takeaway and delivery, some food court stores in metro link open for takeaways. China court restaurants mostly closed before Iftar (Pizza Express open for takeaways). Paul cafe, Starbucks (not the central one) and Tim Hortons open for takeaway. Other cafes closed until Iftar. Novo cinemas allows women (they said any, not just pregnant ones ... but DFC Novo told us only pregnant women) and young children to eat and drink in movie theatres.
- J3 Mall Umm Suqeim: Nothing open for dine-in, Tim Hortons and Cold Stone Creamery open for takeaways only.
- Madinat Jumeirah - see Souk Madinat Jumeirah.
- Mall of the Emirates:
- Both food courts open for dine-in from 1200pm, takeaways only from 10am (seating area closed off until 12pm). Some outlets open earlier for takeaways (McDonalds from 0800).
- Some cafes open for takeaways (Starbucks). California Pizza open for takeaways, other restaurants in mall closed. Cheesecake Factory closed (was open for takeaways in 2013).
- Coffee Ground open in Brunswick Sports Club 0800-1600 (no smoking), Brunswick Sports Club open after that (smoking from 1700 permitted).
- Ski Dubai end: Apres open from 1130am (smoking permitted). St Tropez open from 0900 (smoking area). Salmontini and Karam Beirut open.
- Vox Cineplex allows eating and drinking in cinema theatres.
- Me'aisem City Centre (Meaisem): Nothing open for dine-in, takeaways and deliveries only (800 Degrees pizza, McDonald's, Starbucks, Subway, Tim Hortons). GRK closed daytime.
- Mirdif City Center (Mirdiff): Both North and South food court areas open for dine-in. Might be takeaways only from 10am-12pm, not specified in statement supplied by MCC which says from 27th May to 26th June "... our opening hours will be from 10:00AM till 1:00AM for fashion stores and 10:00AM till 2:00AM for our F&B outlets."
- North Food Court:
- [Open] most outlets open, including Panda Express and Max Burger (but eat your takeaways inside the barriers).
- [Closed] Baja Fresh, Hatam, Jungle Juice, London Fish & Chips, NYF (New York Fries), The Works Gelateria Italia, Vanellis (closed for renovations, but the South Food Court outlet is open).
- South (central) Food Court:
- [Open] Costa Coffee, Krispy Kreme, KFC, McDonald's, Nawab, Noon O Kabab (Noon & Kebab), Panda Chinese, Texas Chicken, Vanelli's, Wendy's.
- [Closed] Fatburger (Fat Burger), Leil Nhar, Mandilicious, Papa Johns pizza, Popcornopolis, Thai Express.
- Main mall area:
- [Open] Vox Cinemas cineplex: can buy food (from them, not outside food) and consume inside cinema theaters. No restriction on age or gender (different from IBM Novo cinemas which does not allow single men to consume food and drink in cinema).
- [Open for takeaways] Baskin Robbins (BR), Caffe Nero, Dalloyau Cafe (?) (Deira City Centre branch is closed daytime), Dunkin Donuts, Johnny Rockets, Le Pain Quotidien, Ocean Basket, P.F. Chang's (from 1100 or 1200), Paul Cafe, Starbucks.
- [Closed] most outlets closed daytime including Cafe Bateel, Caribou Coffee, Gloria Jeans, La Brioche, etc.
- Oasis Mall (Oasis Center): some food court outlets open for takeaways, no dine-in area in food court but ask and they'll direct you to where you can consume your takeaways.
- [Open for takeaways] Bombay Chowpatty, Caribou Coffee, Jamba Juice, KFC, Krispy Kreme, McDonalds, Subway, Pizza Hut, Starbucks.
- [Closed] Al Arrab, Baskin Robbins, Candelite, Chipstix, Gelato Divino, Jungle Juice, Magic Corn, Momo's Magic, Taj Spice, Thrill Zone Illy Cafe, Wok & Spice.
- Outlet Village Mall (Jebel Ali, not Dubai Outlet Mall): only The Brass open for dine-in (and takeaways), all other outlets closed daytime (no takeaways either). Several reports say the food court is open daytime, this is incorrect.
- Shindagha City Centre mall: food court has a sectioned off area for consumption of F&B takeaways, not many outlets open though.
- [Open in food court area for dine-in] Chicking, McDonald's, Subway, Tapa King.
- [Open for takeaways] Tim Hortons.
- [Closed] Automatic, Bombay Chowpatty, Baskin Robbins, Dunkin Donuts, French Bakery, Kamat, London Dairy, Oriental Kitchen, Sbarro, Starbucks, Turkway. Esquires Coffee House closed permanently.
- Vox Cineplex F&B can be consumed inside cinema theatres, no age or gender restriction.
- Souk Al Bahar
- Souk Madinat Jumeirah: Several places open for daytime dining, alcohol served from 12pm at some of them.
- Sunset Mall (Jumeirah Beach Rd): Nothing open for dine-in or takeaways.
- The Dubai Mall (see also Souk Al Bahar): Upstairs food court after 12pm (noon) for consumption inside, takeaways only before 12pm. Some coffee shop and other outlets in main mall area open for takeaways only.
- [Open for dine-in consumption] Upstairs food court most outlets, including London Fish n Chips. Closed outlets: Cantina Mariachi, Jimmy the Greek.
- [Open in main mall area for takeaways] Bloomingdale's Forty Carrots, Cafe Bateel (by the waterfall), Carluccio's, Eat Greek, Eataly, Eric Kayser, Five Guys, Galeries Lafayette food hall, Good Food Coffee & Bakery, IHOP Restaurant (from 0700), Le Pain Quotidien, Starbucks, Texas Roadhouse (from 1300), The Hummingbird Bakery, Tim Hortons (both cinema and ground floor outlets), Wafi Gourmet, Walter's Coffee Roastery (the Breaking Bad themed cafe), Yamanote Atelier.
- Downstairs food court closed daytime, some outlets open for takeaways (yes you can take them to the upstairs food court and consume there ... after 12pm): Assia in Wok, Debonairs Pizza, Sushi Counter.
- [Closed (incomplete list)] Caribou Coffee, Rainforest Cafe, Social House (?).
- Metro Link: all outlets closed except for Candy Hearts, F Mart, WH Smith.
- Reel Cinemas: consumption of food or drink inside cinema theatres not allowed for anyone. In 2016 was permitted for children only?
- The Mall (opposite Burj Al Arab): Nothing for dine-in. Ayam Elezz open for takeaways (from 1100-Iftar), all other outlets closed until Iftar.
- Times Square: no daytime dine-in. Open for daytime takeaways: Attibassi, Caribou Coffee, The Coffee Club, and a couple of food court stores. No dine-in area for consuming your takeaways. Other F&B outlets closed daytime. Adventure Zone (Adventure HQ) Ramadan timings changed, opens from 2pm for activities (shop open normal hours).
- Wafi Mall and Wafi Center: food court has a sectioned off area for daytime dine in (new for 2017?)
- [Open for food court dine-in] Aristocrat Restaurant, Marrybrown (Marry Brown), Papa John's pizza, Wok n Soup.
- [Open for takeaways] Paul cafe, Wafi Gourmet.
- [Closed] Biella, Burger Rebel, Cafe Martinez, Chicago's Original Grill, Mirchi Express, Rose Cafe, Shishu closed completely for Ramadan, Soho Grill, Starbucks, Stickhouse, Tutti Frutti. All other mall F&B outlets.
- Khan Murjan Souk: Al Khan Al Qadeem open for takeaways?
- Raffles Dubai hotel: Crossroads Bar (smoking area, coffee), Solo Italian Restaurant (lunch).
- Wafi Center Pyramids: Asha's for lunch (1230-1500), Carter's Bar (from 1200) with alcohol and smoking areas, Thai Chi for lunch (1200-1500). Closed daytime outlets (open from Iftar unless otherwise indicated): Cactus Cantina (closed indefinitely), Club of Asia (COA) (closed for Ramadan?), Marco's (replaced Medzo?), Seville's, Vintage.
Daytime dine-in by area in Dubai
- Arabian Ranches (2016 info): takeaways only, no dine-in?
- Al Badaa: see Satwa.
- Al Barsha (see also The Greens, Barsha Heights): generally no except 4-5 star hotels and Mall of the Emirates food courts.
- Flora Hotel: Basil & Spice restaurant open 24 hrs for dine-in, Jamaica Blue takeaways only before Iftar. Free parking entrance at rear of building.
- Holiday Inn: Lounge@Barsha closed, The Gem Garden open for dine-in, The Q Sports Bar open (from 1200, alcohol, smoking), The Royal Buddha closed for renovations.
- Al Garhood (Al Garhoud): Maybe Dubai Festival City? Otherwise T1 or T3 at Dubai Airport.
- Al Ghusais (Al Qusais), Al Nahda, Al Twar: no except 4-5 star hotels. Try DAFZA food court.
- Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC):
- Al Muhaisna: see Muhaisnah
- Al Quoz: almost nothing found for dine-in ... sort of ... Oasis Center has an area for consumption of takeaways (some outlets open) if you ask nicely; Al Serkal Avenue art galleries might have a couple places open for dine-in. Takeaways (and deliveries if applicable): Lime Tree (0900-1500), some outlets at Time Square.
- Barsha Heights (was TECOM area): hotels only, other outlets closed or takeways and deliveries only.
- [Open for dine-in, 2017] Al Dente Italian Restaurant (has smoking area). Somewhere Hotel: Nay (from 0630, alcohol, has smoking area), Somewhere Coffee Shop takeaways only, The Clavichord (from 1600, alcohol). [2016 open for dine-in] Boutique 7 restaurant only; Byblos Hotel Crown and Lion (but no bags or shopping allowed inside).
- [Open for takeaways, 2017] Costa Coffee, German Doner Kebab, Manóushe, Nar (deliveries only, no takeaways), Prax's, Taqado Mexican Kitchen (from 0800 Sun-Thu, from 0900 Fri-Sat), Zaatar W Zeit.
- [Closed] Lavazza (i-Rise Tower).
- Bur Dubai (Al Ghubaiba, Al Hudaiba, Al Jafiliya, Al Raffa, Mankhool, and other areas near Dubai Creek): generally no, except 4-5 star hotels. See also Wafi Center Pyramids (some outlets open daytime in 2016). Maybe Burjuman Center? Shindagha City Centre food court in 2016.
- Burjuman Metro Station: KL n Manila Restaurant LLC (previously McDavid's Restaurant?), open daytime for takeaways only.
- Business Bay: 4-5 star hotels.
- Deira (Abu Hail, Al Muteena, Al Ras, Al Rigga, Hor Al Anz, Muraqqabat): generally no, except 4-5 star hotels, Dubai Airport, DAFZ, and some shopping mall food courts (Al Ghurair City, Deira City Center).
- Al Bustan Rotana Hotel (now Roda Al Bustan Hotel): only daytime dining option is Makan restaurant on ground floor for breakfast or lunch buffet.
- Meridien Village (Le Meridien Hotel), Airport Rd, Garhoud: Dubliner's (from 1200, alcohol, smoking), Warehouse (from 1200, alcohol, smoking). Casa Mia (open from 6pm), Mahec (open after Iftar), Sukothai (open from 6pm). Jules Bar closed for Ramadan. Meridien Village Terrace closed for summer (opens again 21 Sep 2017).
- Downtown Dubai: The Dubai Mall food court, 4-5 star hotels.
-  The Pavilion on MBR Boulevard (Emaar Boulevard), daily 1000-0100.
- Dubai Airport: See Dubai International Airport (DXB) or Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC).
- Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZ, DAFZA) (free parking for 1 hr):
- Food court open for dine-in, most outlets open daytime. Smoking area outside.
- Cyrus Cafe open for daytime dine-in, open from 0900.
- Dubai Design District (d3): most places open daytime Sun-Thu early morning to late afternoon, some open evenings till late, some open weekends (but very quiet on Fri-Sat). B1-B11 means Buildings 1-11.
d3 website Ramadan hours appear to be inaccurate or out of date (maybe for 2016), some outlets open at times when website says closed.
- [Open daily for dine-in] Chez Charles Restaurant (from 1200, check meal timings, smoking area in lounge), Molecule (open 1200-2400, smoking area outside), One Life Kitchen & Cafe (open 0800-2200?), The Light House (from 0800-2200 or 2300? check meal timings and Sat timings, alcohol, smoking area outside), Yui cafe and Japanese restaurant.
- [Open for takeaways only] Toss'd (Tossed).
- [Closed Fri, Fri-Sat, or not clear] Bazaar Cafe (closed weekends), Craft Cafe (closed Fri), Vicolo Italian Street Food B4 (not Viccolo, closed Fri-Sat during Ramadan?).
- [Closed] Amorino gelato (closed during Ramadan), Coffeol (closed for Ramadan), The Espresso Lab (still under construction May 2017).
- Dubai Healthcare City (2016 info): most places open daytime Sun-Thu but closed by late afternoon. Weekends don't count on it, many places are usually closed on Fridays.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB):
- Landside terminals T1, T2, and T3 outlets open 24hrs for dine-in (Costa Coffee, Le Pain Quotidien, Starbucks). Food courts in T1 and T3 also mostly open (Baskin Robbins closed daytime).
- Airside everything open 24 hrs as normal, including alcohol.
- Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) (2016): most places open.
-  No more free parking evenings and weekends. Max 1 hr free parking.
-  Gramercy hours changed during Ramadan, is open from 0800 weekdays (Sun-Thu), 1200 on Fridays, 1500 on Saturdays.
- Most, or all, coffee shops and restaurants open for dine-in daytime. Some outlets closed Fri-Sat. Subway open 24/7 for dine-in?
- Dubai Internet City (2016): most establishments open daytime. Food court outlets closed on Fridays except for Subway sandwiches (open 24 hrs) (2010).
- Dubai Knowledge Park (Village, DKV, DKP) (2016 or 2009): most establishments open daytime?
- Dubai Marina (2017):
- [Open for dine-in]
- Dubai Marina: Marina Mall food court and Pier 7 - see Dubai Marina Mall in shopping mall list for details.
- JBR: Thyme Restaurant (Al Fattan Towers), Wagamama (Al Fattan Towers).
- Amwaj Rotana Hotel (JBR): JB's Gastropub (from 1500 Sun-Thu, 1200 Fri-Sat, alcohol, smoking area), Rosso from 1230 (?), Benihaha closed daytime, Horizon open for breakfast and dinner not lunch (?).
- Ocean View Hotel (JBR): Girders first floor (from 1200, alcohol, smoking area) (but Girders Garden 2nd floor closed for Ramadan), Le Rivage (breakfast, lunch), Tribeca (from 1200, alcohol, smoking area).
- [Open for takeaways]
- Dubai Marina: Baker & Spice
- JBR: Bob's, Butcher's Shop, Falafel, KFC, Pizza Hut, Starbucks, Urban Lobster
- [Closed daytime]
- Dubai Marina: Costa Coffee (closed permanently), Golden Fork (closed indefinitely?), Gulnaz (closed for renovations).
- JBR: Burger Fuel, Caffe il Roma, Cinnabon, Frankie's, India Palace, Pappa Roti, Seattle's Best Coffee.
- [Check] Dubai Marina: Baker & Spice, Bistro des Arts, Eggspectation at The Beach, Fume at Pier 7, The Scene at Pier 7, Zero Gravity at Skydive Dubai.
- Dubai Media City: most establishments open daytime.
- [2016 info] 1762, Avec (Aurora Tower), Cafe Bateel, Circle Cafe, Little Bangkok, Little More, Lounge Cafe Italiano (Arenco Tower), Pascal Tepper, Sushi Counter, The Kebab Shop, The Noodle House (Gloria Hotel), Urban Bistro (CNN Building), Vapiano (Thuraya Tower).
- Dubai Motor City (Motorcity):
Nothing for dine-in, but Kickers Sports Bar nearby in Dubai Sports City is open for daytime eating and drinking.
- The Ribbon: Most places open for takeaways and deliveries, none for dine in.
- Following outlets open for takeaways (and deliveries if applicable): BBQ Delights, Bhoujan, Caffe Nero, Caribou Coffee, Cedar Tree, Hengchen, KFC, Little Bangkok, Pizza Hut, Starbucks, Subway, Tomato & Basil, Wendys (but from 12pm not 7am)
- Little Bangkok *not* open for dine in, takeaways and deliveries only.
- The Cycle Hub *not* open for dine in according to them (some reports said they are open for dine-in), takeaways and deliveries only.
- Dubai Production City (IMPZ):
- Dubai Sports City (see also Dubai Motorcity):
- Kickers Sports Bar (Football Academy Building) open from 1200-0200 for daytime eating and drinking (opening time change from 1500 for Ramadan), smoking area outside only. Nathalie's open for takeaways only; Champs closed before Iftar.
- Dubai Studio City and IMPZ (see separate entry for IMPZ):
- Caporilli's Cafe by OptimalFitness open for dine-in Sun-Thu 0745-1800, Sat 0800-1300, closed Friday.
- Circle Cafe open for dine-in daily from 0800-2200.
- [Closed] Coffeeshop Company no longer in operation.
- Costa Coffee open for dine in from 0800 Sat-Thu, closing time varies from 1600-1800, closed all day Friday.
- Food court (behind BS 16): Subway 0900-2130 daily dine-in and takeaway, Freedom Pizza takeaway and delivery only. Outlets have different permits. [Closed] Dabbawala no longer operating?
- Emaar Communities (Springs, Meadows, Emirates Hills, The Greens, The Lakes):
- Jumeirah Islands:
- Jumeirah Park Pavilion:
- Meadows Village Centre (2016): Costa Coffee and Niloo's Restaurant takeaways and deliveries only, no dine-in.
- Springs Town Center: Shakespeare cafe open daytime (was closed 2016?). Other outlets takeaways and delivery (Tim Horton's, Starbucks, McDonalds) (2016 info).
- The Greens:
- The Lakes: Reform Social & Grill at The Lakes (from 0700 not 0800 daily during Ramadan, bar from 1200, closing time 2400 or 0100).
- IMPZ (International Media Production Zone) - see Dubai Production City.
- International City: nothing open for dine-in, closest location try Dragonmart 2 or City Centre Mirdif. Outlets open for takeaways (and deliveries if they normally do that):
- CBD: Subway the only place we found. Closed daytime: Chick Bait, Traffic Coffee Shop.
- China cluster: Churrasco (from 0800), Coffee Bene Coffee Shop, (New) Golden Finger Restaurant (Ramadan hours given as 1600-0400, maybe dine-in, didn't ask), Lucky Panda Restaurant (from 1100), White Ice & Ice Coffee Shop.
- Emirati cluster:
- France cluster: Subway on CBD side of road.
- Russia cluster:
- Jebel Ali: The Galleries 1762 Cafe (closed Fri-Sat). JAFZA no information received.
- Jumeirah (1, 2, 3, Al Safa, Al Wasl) (see also Umm Suqeim):
-  Starbucks on Sinyar Rd (takeaways only), Jumeirah 2.
- Jumeirah Beach Residences (JBR): see Dubai Marina.
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT): most cafes and restaurants open daytime.
- Jumeirah Village Circle, Triangle, Square, Rectangle, Rhombus, and other geometrical shapes: takeaways only during daytime, no dine-in outlets (2016 information).
- Karama: nothing open daytime?
- Mirdiff, Al Khawaneej, Al Mizhar: generally no except food courts at Mirdif City Centre.
- Muhaisnah: no, maybe some takeaways. Nearest dine-in is City Centre Mirdiff.
- Old Town Dubai - see Downtown Dubai.
- Oud Metha (Umm Hurair): see Wafi Pyramids, Dubai Health Care City. Otherwise nothing or takeaways only except for 4-5 star hotels.
- Palm Jumeirah:
Club Vista Mare beach strip restaurants (Abyat, Aji, Breeze Beach Grill, Simply Italian). Barrel 12 (from 1600 so just barely daytime opening), Bidi Bondi (from 1200), Il Faro, Riva Beach, Senara, Sophie's Gastro Cafe
- Golden Mile Galleria outlets closed or only open only for takeaways and deliveries.
- Rashidiya (Rashidiyah, Al Warqaa, Umm Ramool): some takeaways, nearest for dine-in is Mirdiff City Centre food courts.
- Satwa, Al Badaa (Al Bada'a): no, except 4-5 star hotels.
- Sheikh Zayed Rd between Defense and Trade Center roundabouts: 4-5 star hotels or go to DIFC for dine-in. Several outlets for takeaways and deliveries. Shakespeare Al Saqr Tower open for dine-in.
- Souk Madinat: several places open including restaurants serving alcohol.
- TECOM: see Barsha Heights, DIC, DMC, Knowledge Park.
- The Greens (Al Barsha), Greens Village Mall, Emaar Business Park: Nowhere found for daytime dine-in. Some places open for takeaways and deliveries: Bert's Cafe, Caribou Coffee, Costa Coffee, KFC (from 1200), Mashawi, Russo's Pizzeria, Starbucks (from 0700), Wagamama.
- The Lakes, The Meadows, The Springs, Jumeirah Islands, etc: see Emaar Communities.
- Umm Suqeim (and Al Manara): Souk Madinat, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Burj Al Arab. Other places only takeaways and deliveries.
Daytime dine-in list by name (if more than one location).
-  1762 cafe: DIFC, DMC, and The Galleries open for dine-in (closed in weekends).
- Caffe Nero
-  Circle Cafe: DMC, DHCC, Studio City locations for dine-in. Other locations open for takeaways and deliveries.
- Costa Coffee: most open for takeaways only, branches in free zones and Dubai Airport should be open for dine-in.
- DNATA Sheikh Zayed Rd branch also open for dine-in (0700-1900 daily - check if open Fri)? Other EK Group locations might be open for dine-in (2010).
- Freehold developments in Dubai (some) open for dine-in during the day (2010).
- Dome Cafe: varies, some closed, some takeaways only. Burjuman Center ground floor has a small dine-in area, DIFC branch should be open for dine-in.
- French Bakery: Knowledge Park Internet City branch in Al Sufouh open for dine-in, other branches closed or takeaways only.
- Golf Clubs in Dubai - unknown, maybe some of them?
- Hardee's: Some food court outlets open, most closed?
- Jones the Grocer: Dusit Thani Hotel SZ Road branch open for dine-in (24 hrs), other branches (Al Manara, Al Safa, Mirdiff) takeaways only.
- KFC: most food court outlets open for takeaways from 10am (?) (dine-in if food court area open). Some other outlets open daytime for takeaways only (from 12pm) (2013)?
- La Brioche: Bay Avenue, Bay Square, Silicon Oasis open from 0800 for dine-in or takeaways only? Jumeirah Road branch closed early 2017?
- Last Exit food truck areas:
- Al Qudra Rd cycle path: all trucks closed daytime.
- Sheikh Zayed Rd between Abu Dhabi and Dubai: most or all trucks open, dining hall has a section where F&B consumption is permitted daytime (some trucks don't seem to know this, they told us no F&B consumption allowed in dining hall daytime).
- Leopold's of London (LOL): JBR The Walk (Dubai) not checked, possibly closed daytime but delivery service available from 10am. Riverland Dubai Parks and Uptown Mirdiff (Dubai) locations not yet open?
- Lime Tree Cafe (Limetree): open for takeaways only daytime: Al Quoz 0900-1500 (not 1430), Jumeirah Beach Rd 0900-1500 (or 0800-1430, conflicting information provided) (Jumeirah outlet stopped daytime dine-in in 2011?), Sheikh Zayed Road 0900-2100 (dine-in after Iftar). Ibn Battuta Mall (closed in 2013?) and Media City (closed in 2013?) branches no longer operating.
- [Error] Little Bangkok: some sources say all branches open for daytime dine-in but this is incorrect. Only the branches in Dubai Media City and JLT are open for dine-in (from 12pm), other branches open only for takeaways and deliveries during the day (from 12pm).
- London Fish & Chips: most are closed daytime. Exceptions: Dubai Mall food court.
- Mikel Coffee House: closed daytime except for Dubai Media City branch (opening times 0730-2100 during Ramadan).
- More Cafe & Little More:
- P.F. Chang's: open for takeaways only, from 12pm (noon) or 11am at the following locations: City Centre Mirdif, MOE, The Beach (JBR), The Dubai Mall. Other locations (Dubai Festival City, Outlet Village) closed daytime.
- Paul Cafe: most (or all?) shopping mall outlets open for takeaways.
- Reem Al Bawadi: outlets open daytime for takeaways only.
- Shakespeare & Co cafes: most Dubai locations closed daytime. Daytime open at Souk Al Bahar (open 2010, closed 2013, 2015), Springs Town Center Emirates Hills (closed 2013, 2016), Al Saqr Tower Sheikh Zayed Rd (near Al Attar Tower) (closed 2013). All other branches in Dubai and other emirates are closed for daytime dining, including Palm Jumeirah Golden Mile (was open in 2016), Silicon Oasis 7 Towers (was open 2015?). All branches were closed daytime in 2013, Al Safa branch was open daytime previous years.
- Starbucks: Some (or most?) are open for takeaways (Wafi Center branch closed daytime). Branches in free zones should be open for dine-in.
- Tim Hortons: Most (not all) outlets open for takeaways only. Outlets in free zones open for dine-in? Dragonmart 2 closed.
- Vox Cinemas: Most locations in UAE allow consumption of F&B inside cinema theaters (purchased from their counters only) during the day. Some exceptions: Vox Nation Gallery mall in Abu Dhabi.
Other UAE emirates 2017 updates
- Abu Dhabi: no alcohol served daytime anywhere, except for airport airside?
Abu Dhabi malls
- Abu Dhabi Mall: Food court has daytime dine-in section with nice view towards Al Maryah Island, and most outlets open daytime but area closes from 6pm or 6:15pm-Iftar (according to sign outside entrance). Hardee's is closed. Other mall restaurants and cafes closed or takeaways only.
- [Open for food court dine-in] Athena, Charleys Philly Steaks, Fujiyama, Hatam, KFC, McDonald's, Manchow Wok, Maroosh, Subway.
- [Takeaways only] Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Tim Hortons.
- [Closed daytime] Al Safeer, Caffe Nero, Esquires, Hardee's, La Brioche, Nutri Fresh (Nutrifresh), Popeyes (?), SacWich (Sac-Wich), Shamiana.
- Beach Rotana Hotel: Prego's (0800-2330 for breakfast, lunch, dinner), Rodeo Grill (lunch 1230-1530).
- [Nothing open for dine-in, except Vox cinemas] Abu Dhabi Marina Mall: found only two outlets open for takeaways - Five Guys, Tim Hortons. Most or all other F&B outlets closed daytime, including Starbucks (no takeaways). Food court area closed entirely.
- [Nothing open for dine-in] Al Wahda Mall: most F&B outlets closed daytime, cinema open but no F&B consumption permitted daytime. A few places open for takeaways and deliveries: Burger King (only outlet open in food court), Paul Cafe, Tim Horton's. In mall extension: Famous Dave's, Galito's Chicken, Genghis Grill, Peppermill, Rosso's Pizzeria, Second Cup. Note that Starbucks and McDonald's are closed daytime (no takeaways).
- Boutik Mall: see Shams Boutik Mall.
- [Nothing open for dine-in] Deerfields Mall: most F&B outlets closed daytime (including Starbucks), nothing open in food court. We found only two and a half outlets open for daytime takeaways: Johnny Rockets, It's A Grind Coffee House (from 1615), Tim Hortons.
- [Nothing open for dine-in or takeaways?] Makani Mall Al Shamkha: McDonalds only open for deliveries, not takeaways. All other F&B outlets closed daytime?
- [Nothing open for dine-in] Mushrif Mall: most F&B outlets closed daytime. A few open for takeaways: Chowking, Jollibee, Marrybrown, McDonald's, Starbucks, Tim Horton's. Note: Burger King and Subway closed daytime.
- [Nothing open for dine-in, but adjoining St Regis Hotel has some outlets open] Nation Galleria mall (Nations Gallery, Nation Towers): most F&B outlets closed daytime. Vox Cinemas open for film screenings but no F&B consumption permitted before Iftar. Outlets open for takeaways: Organic Foods supermarket (bakery open but cafe closed entirely for Ramadan), Leopold's of London, Wafi Gourmet (WG).
- Shams Boutik Mall, Al Reem Island: La Brioche the only outlet open for daytime dine-in. Most outlets open for takeaways. Food court closed for dine-in.
- [Open for takeaways] Broccoli Pizza & Pasta, Hanoi Naturally, Healthy Juicery, Johnny Rockets, Leopold's of London, Nando's, Popeye's, Shawarma Al Reem (takeaways?), Smoking Doll (Asia Fusion), Starbucks, Subway, Which Wich, Yogen Fruz (Yogenfruz).
- [Unknown] Pizza Express (Arc Tower), Saquella Espresso Club (closed?).
- [Closed daytime] Xsushi (sushi restaurant).
- The Galleria shopping mall, Al Maryah Island (Al Maraya, Al Marayah): food courts open for dine-in (from 12pm), most other F&B outlets open for dine in.
Free parking (for now, might change after new mall opens).
- Bateel Cafe (0730-2400), Bentley Bistro & Bar (12pm-12am or 1am, dine-in, no alcohol before Iftar), Cafe Milano open for dine-in (12pm-1am, no alcohol before Iftar), Caffe Nero, Carluccio's, Dai Pai Dong (lunch only, 12pm-3pm?), F-mart (supermarket), Loca Restaurant and Bar (open for dine-in, smoking area, no alcohol before Iftar), Nolu's (11am-3pm for lunch, then closed until Iftar, "Nolu's On The Go" closed for Ramadan), Roberto's (lunch only, 12pm-4pm, smoking area), Royal Orchid, Wildfire
- [Conflict] Gossip Cafe & Desserts open for dine-in daytime (1100-2400, to 0100 Thu-Fri, Galleria information error says takeaway only before Iftar).
- [Takeaways only] Leopold's of London "Ramadan Timing: 8am - Iftar (Delivery and take away only)".
- [Not checked] Some outlets with timings: Costa Coffee (0800-2400, takeaway only?), Coya (12pm-5pm), Emporio Armani Caffé (1130-2400, to 0100 Thu-Fri, takeaway only before Iftar, Galleria information?), Magnolia Bakery (0800-2400), Nusret (1100-2300), Sushi Art (12pm-12am), Taqado (12pm-12am), Zuma (1200-1530 lunch only?).
- [Closed daytime] Burger Fuel (food court), Godiva Chocolate Cafe, Four Seasons Hotel Lobby Bar and other outlets, Chicago Butcher & Still.
- World Trade Center Mall (WTC Mall), Al Markaziya:
- [Open for dine-in] The Hub: Bu Trinity (Bu!) (smoking area, 1200-2400 (?), some sources give incorrect timings as 12pm-3pm only), Jazz@PizzaExpress (1200-2400), Tamba (smoking area, 1200-0100?). [Closed until 6pm] Original Fusion.
- [Open for dine-in] Food court area. Open outlets: Al Safeer (?), Dairy Queen, Doner & Gyros, KFC, McDonalds, Papa Murphy's pizza, Popeye's (?). Closed outlets: Which Wich sandwiches.
- [Open for takeaways] Hanoi Naturally restaurant, Starbucks.
- [Closed] Nando's, Romano's Macaroni Grill.
- Yas Mall:
- Food court open for dine-in from 10am (different from Dubai where most food courts, if open for dine-in, don't allow consumption before 12pm). Not all food court outlets open daytime (McDonalds closed until about 1700).
- Vox Cinemas allows consumption of F&B inside cinema theatres (only if purchased from them), no age or gender restriction.
- Only other dine-in location accessed from mall is Ristorante Cavallino in Ferrari World (can visit without buying FW ticket, ask at the counter).
- A handful of places outside food court open for takeaways: All Day Minimart, Ben's Cookies (?), Galito's Flame Grilled Chicken (Cascade dining east, all other Cascade outlets closed), Le Pain Quotidien (from 0800), Paul's Cafe, Starbucks (downstairs near Ferrari World, and GF near H&M, not the one near First Floor food court). Almost all other F&B outlets in Yas Mall closed daytime. Tim Hortons in Shoe Gallery closed daytime.
- [Error?] Toss'd (Tossed) (some sources say open for dine-in 1000-2400 but might be takeaways only before Iftar, or closed).
Abu Dhabi hotels. No alcohol served before Iftar. Some hotel bars have smoking areas.
- Al Ain Palace: Kuya Juan (1100-1500).
- Beach Rotana (accessible from AUH Mall): Prego's (0800-2330), Rodeo Grill (only for lunch 1230-1530). [Not checked] Essence (from 0600 but check closing time, not open afternoon?).
- Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi: Cho Gao (12pm-12am), Ristorante Spaccanapoli (12pm-11pm), The Garden (breakfast 6am-11am, lunch 12pm-3pm).
- Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara: Ingredients (breakfast only 0630-1030, no lunch?).
- Fairmont Bab Al Bahr: Café Sushi (12pm-3pm), Frankie's (breakfast 0630-1030, lunch 1200-1530).
- [Closed daytime] Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill listed as open by some sources, but only opens for dinner?
- Four Seasons Hotel Al Maryah Island: Café Milano (12pm-1am, no alcohol before Iftar).
- Crust, Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi. Daily from 6.30am to noon. 02 333 2600
- Grand Millennium Al Wahda: Al Wahda All Day Dining Restaurant (breakfast buffet AED 126, lunch buffet AED 174, timings (?)), Club Lounge (from 6am for coffee, AED 24), Prime Okryu Restaurant (Korean, from 12pm?). Porters Pub and Sky Lounge Thirty One open after Iftar. Level One Bar & Lounge closed during Ramadan. Parking AED 50 per day, or park at Al Wahda Mall and walk (internal access only for hotel guests).
- Hilton Abu Dhabi: Hemingway's (1200-2400), Hiltonia Beach Club Escape Restaurant and Pool Bar (0900-1800), La Terrazza (0630-2300).
- Holiday Inn Downtown: La Piazza (breakfast 0600-1100, lunch 1200-1500).
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi: Selections (breakfast 0630-1030, lunch 1230-1500).
- [Conflicts] Jumeirah at Etihad Towers:
- Nahaam (9am-11pm or 11am-11pm, bookings essential says hotel), Observation Deck at 300 (10am-7pm says hotel).
- BiCE (lunch 1200-1500 or closed, check), Li Beirut (lunch 1200-1530 or closed, check), Lobby Lounge (0700-0100 or closed daytime, check), Rosewater (breakfast 0630-1100, lunch 1230-1530, or closed for lunch says hotel?).
- Lobby Bar closed during Ramadan, Ray's Bar closed, Ray's Grill closed, Tori No Su closed.
- Le Meridien Abu Dhabi: Latest Recipe (lunch only 1230-1530?).
- Marriott Hotel Downtown Abu Dhabi: Kuzbara (breakfast 0630-1100, lunch 1230-1500).
- Park Rotana: Cooper's Bar and Restaurant (0900-0230), Ginger (breakfast only 0630-1030?)
- Rosewood Hotel Al Maryah Island: Dai Pai Dong (12pm-3pm). DPD Bar closed until sunset. Hidden Bar closed for Ramadan?
- Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche: Turquoise Ballroom (breakfast 0630-1030, lunch 1230-1600).
- Southern Sun Abu Dhabi: The Foundry (breakfast 6am-11pm, lunch 12pm-3pm).
- The St. Regis Abu Dhabi: St. Regis Bar (8am-1am, food 12pm-1am), Cabana (11am-7pm), The Terrace on the Corniche (breakfast 6:30am-11am, no lunch except Friday Brunch 1pm-4pm), Villa Toscana (lunch 12pm-3pm), Azura Panoramic Lounge (closed daytime), Crystal Lounge (closed daytime), Tea Lounge (closed daytime). Information supplied by hotel. Other sources give conflicting (or out of date) information e.g. The St. Regis Bar (0800-0200), The Terrace on the Corniche (breakfast only 0630-1030).
- The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort: 55&5th The Grill (closed for Ramadan), Olea (breakfast 0630-1100, lunch 1230-1500), The Manhattan Lounge (closed daytime), Pool & Beach (8am-8pm, non-alcoholic drinks from 9am, food from 12pm), Sontaya (closed daytime).
- Westin Abu Dhabi: Fairways (from 0630 but check closing time, not open afternoons?), The Lounge (0700-2300).
- Yas Plaza hotels (Yas Island Golf Plaza):
Best buffet deal for lunch at Jing Asia Crowne Plaza (AED 85). Best for coffee, wifi, space, food, indoor smoking section, free parking is Amerigos at Park Inn.
- Park Inn by Radisson (free underground parking): Amerigos Mexican bar and restaurant (1200-2300), dine-in, smoking area inside, no buffet lunch during Ramadan (?). Mint restaurant closed for renovations. Sands poolside bar?
- Radisson Blu (free covered parking): Assymetri (lunch only 1200-1530). Belgian Beer Cafe Yas Island (open from 1700). Fast Track Cafe (lobby) and Filini closed daytime. Shams Pool Bar?
- Centro Yas Island by Rotana (free covered parking): C.Deli (24 hrs, snack shop, take away sandwiches and coffee to curtained off C.Mondo or C.Taste restaurant areas to consume). C.Mondo bar has smoking area but not serving food or drinks daytime, terrace area closed for Ramadan. [Conflict in information provided] C.Taste restaurant closed for Ramadan, or open only for breakfast buffet 0600-1030?
- Crowne Plaza Yas Island (valet parking only): Jing Asia (breakfast buffet 0600-1030 (1100 Fri-Sat), AED 125; lunch buffet 1230-1600, AED 85 Ramadan special offer; al la carte menu also available (?)). Stills Bar & Brasserie (0800-1800 Views cafe menu, 1200-1900 Sundowners Pool menu, 1900-2400 or 0200 [conflict] Stills Bar menu, smoking area). Views Lobby Lounge (closed daytime but Views F&B selection inside Stills Bar 0800-1800). Barouk closed daytime. Sundowner Pool Bar - see Stills Bar.
- Staybridge Suites:
- Yas Island Rotana (free covered parking): Aquarius pool bar F&B service 1100-2100. Choices restaurant: breakfast buffet 0630-1030, lunch buffet 1200-1500 (>30 guests) or a la carte menu (<30 guests), a la carte menu 1500-1800). Blue Grill, Island Cafe (lobby), Rangoli, Y Bar, all closed daytime, open for dinner after Iftar.
- Yas Viceroy: Amici Italian restaurant (smoking outside). Latitude pool area (Skylite?) on rooftop (indoor cafe, outdoor smoking, open 0800-2000, food service 1200-1900). Atayeb restaurant, Longitude, Rush nightclub closed for Ramadan. Kazu restaurant closed until 01 Aug 2017. Other restaurants open after Iftar?
Abu Dhabi areas and other names or locations
- Abu Dhabi Country Club: Mondo Pizzeria (1200-0200).
- Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH):
- Airside everything open as normal 24 hrs/day, except alcohol not available daytime?
- Arrivals T1 & T3: Illy Espressamente closed daytime.
- Terminal 1 landside: Culto Cafe open 24 hrs, between T1 and T3, departures level.
- Terminal 3 landside: Camden Food Co, departures level. [Not checked] Panapolis Bar?
- Terminal 2 landside: Cinnamon City Restaurant closed daytime.
- Premier Inn: Costa Coffee open (24 hrs) for daytime dine-in, Nuevo restaurant (smoking area outside) open daytime for buffet breakfast AED 55 and buffet lunch AED 75, also a la carte menu. Lounge One Bar?
- Skypark Plaza: All outlets, including La Brioche, closed daytime, also closed for takeaways (Caffe Ritazza, Hatam, McDonald's, O'Briens), but Starter Supermarket open. Or keep walking to Premier Inn downstairs.
- Al Bandar Marina: Bricco Pizza & Pasta open daytime dine-in. Nolu's open daytime dine-in (1100-1700 a la carte menu, not 11am-3pm as given originally). Sushi Counter (takeaways only daytime). Man'oushe Street (takeaways only daytime). Tiki Lounge closed daytime (error: 12pm-12am given in some sources is incorrect, Ramadan timings are 7pm-2am). Free parking only for 1 hr, AED 3 per hour after that.
- Al Muneera: Costa Coffee (takeaways only daytime), Hanoi Restaurant & Cafe (open for dine-in daytime), Jones the Grocer (open for daytime dine-in), La Brioche (0730-1330, closed afternoons until Iftar). Other outlets all closed daytime.
- Al Raha: see Al Bandar, Al Muneera, Al Raha Beach, Al Raha Gardens, Al Zeina.
- Al Raha Gardens: Circle Café (8am-11pm).
- Al Khalidiya: Delecto (1200-0100), The Third Place (0830-2230).
- Al Zeina: Andiamo (9am-11pm), Cafe Firenze (7am-11pm), Nando’s (1200-2400) all open for daytime dine-in. Dolmabahce Turkish Restaurant closed daytime. Dandana Gourmet (Dandana EFCO?) very closed ... or opening soon according to a FB page and website at dandana6.wixsite.com/dandana, but looks like a construction site in Jun 2017.
- Eastern Mangroves: Carluccio's, First Clique Cafe (1200-2400), Flooka (1200-2330).
- Khalidiya Village: Living Room Cafe (0900-2300).
- Masdar City:
- Siemens building: Jim's Kitchen Table (dine-in 9am-9pm, 7 days, not "Joe's Kitchen Table"), F-mart open (grocery store). Il Cafe di Roma closed daytime (or closed weekends).
- Buildings behind Siemens, open for dine-in (parking free but hot walk to and around buildings): Barbacoa Mexican Restaurant (12pm-10pm, 7 days), Caribou Coffee (0730 or 0800-1000 Sun-Thu, 0800 or 0900-1800 Fri-Sat), Papparoti (from 0900), Spinney's Cafeteria (from 0800), Sumo Sushi & Bento (11am-11pm, 7 days). Other outlets closed daytime: Cafe Cento (or closed indefinitely), Just Falafel (JF Street Food) (closed for Ramadan?), Osha Emirati Gourmet, Quiznos Sub (closed indefinitely).
- IRENA HQ building (car park entry closed?): Melius closed when we visited (on a Saturday), but we were told open Sun-Thu 0800-0200 for daytime dine-in. Security check to enter building similar to airport for international travelers.
- Saadiyat Island: Fanr at Manarat Al Saadiyat (1000-2230), Hawksbill at Saadiyat Beach Golf Club (0630-2200), Safina at Saadiyat Beach Club (12pm-10pm).
- Souk Qaryat Al Beri (Souq QAB, SQAB) (parking complicated or expensive, free parking in the sun across the road; security or parking attendants told us everything was closed daytime which is incorrect):
- [Open for daytime dine-in] Abd El Wahab (smoking area), Azzuro (smoking area (?)), Itran Moroccan Restaurant, Noodle House (12pm-12am), Sho Cho (12pm-1am).
- [Open for takeaways] Bateel (confectionery, not coffee or meals), Burger Fuel (1100-2400), Camel Cookies, Godiva Chocolatier (confectionery not dining), Souq Planet (supermarket), Starbucks.
- [Closed daytime] Entrecote Cafe de Paris, Fogo de Brazil Churrascaria, Finyaal Cafe, Il Caffe di Roma, Milas Cafe, The Meat Company, Ushna.
- Baskin Robbins closed indefinitely, or not open yet.
- [Unknown] Choco-La (not found in SQAB list or mall), Kuttab Cafe (not found in SQAB list or mall), Left Bank Lounge & Bar (in SQAB list but didn't find in mall), Saj Al Qarya Cafe (spelling (?), can't find in mall listing but found in mall, closed daytime whatever it's called).
- Yas Island:
- Ferrari World Ristorante Cavallino (can access without FW ticket), Yas Mall food court (see entry in mall list), Yas Plaza hotels and Yas Viceroy hotel (see entries in hotel list).
- Hickory's Sports Bar at Yas Links Golf Club (0630-2400), Stars & Bars at Yas Marina (1500-0300).
- Zayed Sports City: The Sportsman's Arms (0800-0200).
Abu Dhabi outlet names
- Caffe Nero: open daytime at The Galleria.
- Carluccio's, some locations open daytime: Eastern Mangroves (11am-12am), Galleria Mall (12pm-12am).
- Hanoi Naturally Vietnamese restaurant: Al Muneera (Al Raha) open daytime, Boutik Mall Al Reem Island takeaways only. Other locations unknown: WTC center (moved from Khalifa street Al Markaziyah), Dubai JLT, Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab.
- Jones the Grocer: Al Muneera open for dine-in (0900-2300 Sun-Wed, 1000-2300 Thu-Sat). [Not checked] Al Khalidiya (1130-2300 Sun-Wed, 0900-2300 Thu-Sat), Al Mamoura (0900-2300 Sun-Wed, 1000-2200 Thu-Sat), Al Raha Gardens (1130-2230 Sun-Wed, 1000-2200 Thu-Sat), Etihad HQ (0700-1600 daily).
- La Brioche, some locations, timings vary?
- [Open for dine-in daytime] Al Muneera (0730-1330 only), Khalidiya Corniche (from 0600, corner Beeshan St and Al Shoulah St), Najda St (from 0700 or 0800 (?), smoking area upstairs), Shams Boutik Mall. ADNEC, Amaya Reem Island, Danat (Danet?), Khalifa City A, Khalifa Street?
- [Open for takeaways only daytime] Liwa Village (from 0600). Al Seef Mall, Mazyad Mall?
- [Closed daytime] AUH Airport SkyPark, Abu Dhabi Mall, Abu Dhabi Marina Mall, Al Wahda Mall, Deerfields Mall, Majlis Grand Mercure Abu Dhabi. Dalma Mall, Golf Gardens, Khalidiyah Mall, Sas Al Nakhl?
- Leopold's of London (LOL): Al Maryah Galleria Mall, Nation Galleria Mall, Shams Boutik Mall open for takeaways only. Makani Al Shamkha Mall and Al Muneera locations closed daytime.
- McDonald's: Abu Dhabi Mall and WTC Mall food court open for dine-in. Mushrif Mall open for takeaways. Makani Mall deliveries only (no takeaways). Yas Mall closed until 5pm, SkyPark closed daytime. Other outlets takeaways and deliveries only, or closed?
- Nando's: Al Zeina open for dine-in. Shams Boutik and Yas Mall open for takeaways. WTC Mall closed. Other locations not checked.
- Paul's Cafe: most or all locations open for takeaways only?
- Shakespeare & Co Cafe: closed daytime?
- Starbucks: some mall locations open for takeaways (Abu Dhabi Mall, Mushrif Mall, Shams Boutik, Souk Qaryat Al Beri, Yas Mall), other mall locations closed daytime. Other locations not checked.
- Subway: some mall locations open for takeaways or dine-in if food court allows it, others closed daytime?
- Tim Horton's: most mall locations open for takeaways. Yas Mall outlet closed daytime.
- City Centre Ajman mall some outlets for takeaways but no dine-in area in food court. Vox Cinemas permitted to eat and drink inside cinema theatres (no age or gender restriction). Statement from mall (FB) says (but note that most F&B outlets are not open at all before Iftar, and the handful that are, are only open for takeaways):
- "Saturday May 27 - Saturday June 17,
Shops: 10:00am to 1:00am, F&Bs: 10:00am to 2:00am", "Sunday June 18 - Saturday July 1,
Shops: 10:00am to 2:00am,
F&Bs: 10:00am to 3:00am"
Sharjah - day time dine-in not possible anywhere except perhaps airport (airside), Sharjah Wanderers, maybe 4-5 star hotels.
- City Centre Sharjah mall some outlets open for takeaways but no dine-in area in food court. Statement from mall (FB) says (but note that most F&B outlets not open at 10am):
- "Saturday May 27 - Saturday June 17, Shops: 10:00am to 1:00am, F&Bs: 10:00am to 2:00am"
- "Sunday June 18 - Saturday July 1, Shops: 10:00am to 2:00am, F&Bs: 10:00am to 3:00am"
- Matajer Sharjah mall statement says mall opening times for Ramadan are 1000-1200 Sun-Wed, 1000-0100 Thu & Sat, 1400-0100 Fri, but no specific information on F&B outlets, or whether dine-in or takeaway. Assume no dine-in.
- My City Centre Nasseriya shopping mall, same information given as for Matajer Sharjah.
2016 updates for Dubai
Archive page at: Ramadan in Dubai 2016.
General information (last update 2013 but mostly still valid)
- Lifting of restrictions on alcohol sales during the day in Dubai, in 2016.
- Increasing number of shopping mall food court areas allow daytime dine-in in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. [Check dates] Started in Dubai Mall in 2010, then takeaways only 2011-2013, then dine-in available again from 2014 onwards.
Supermarkets, hotels, gas stations, shopping malls in Dubai and UAE during Ramadan
- In general, supermarkets, service stations and similar outlets in the UAE are open during the day during Ramadan, and will sell food and drink (but not for consumption on the premises, in your car, or in public).
- Supermarkets in Dubai, and service stations, have pies, prepared meals, salads, sandwiches, snacks.
- Large high end 4 or 5 star hotels in Dubai and Abu Dhabi will usually have daytime dine-in facilities and room service, some hotel pool areas might also allow food and drink (but no alcohol during the day).
- [Update, from 2014 or 2015, larger malls close off food courts and allow dine-in eating] Larger shopping malls in Dubai might have takeaway facilities from food court restaurants and other cafes but few, if any, will have dine-in facilities open during the day. Mall of the Emirates at the Ski Dubai end, and The Dubai Mall Food Court (in 2011; but not in 2012 or 2013; open again from 2015 for dine-in) are a couple with dine-in areas that we know of.
- Food court areas might have some outlets that allow takeaways. Only likely in larger malls in Dubai.
- Some drive-thru (and non-drivethru) fast food outlets like Burger King or McDonalds in Dubai (but probably not other emirates) for takeaways.
- In other emirates, especially Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Umm Al Quwain, it will be difficult to find anywhere to eat or drink during the day. A supermarket or service station will be the only likely places, but not for dine-in, and perhaps Fujairah hotels on the East Coast, and Ras Al Khaimah hotels.
- [Update, from 2016 bars in Dubai serve alcohol during the day] No establishments anywhere in the UAE will serve alcohol during the day during Ramadan, at least not that we've heard of, except airside only at Dubai airport. Unknown if also at Abu Dhabi airport or Sharjah airport.
- Young children (up to about 11 or 12 years old) can eat and drink in public during the day since Muslim children are not required to fast before puberty, although some do, or fast for part of the day. But try and be discreet about it - find a quiet corner in a food court rather than walk through the middle of a shopping mall with your sprogs slurping on an ice cream.
Individual hotels and outlets within hotels are not listed since most 4 and 5 star hotels in Dubai will have somewhere open during the day.
*[update needed] See also the coffee shops open Ramadan during the day in Dubai topic in the forum.
[Archive] List of cafes, coffee shops, restaurants open daytime during Ramadan in Dubai
Year of validity in brackets, will be updated if information supplied, don't count on outlets being open during current Ramadan even if they were previously.
Food and drink outlets open during the day during Ramadan will not always be obvious. This is to be discreet, not because it's illegal - a special licence is needed from the Dubai Municipality to operate for dine-in during daylight hours in Ramadan (costs about AED 5,000 or AED 10,000 in 2010?).
Some places (very few actually, we only found one or two) might let you consume takeaways on the premises even if closed for normal dine-in, but we don't want to name them specifically since we're not sure if that's legal or not.
[Changed in 2016] No alcoholic drinks served anywhere in Dubai before 8pm during Ramadan 2013 (except airside after customs and immigration at Dubai Airport).
Older and archive information
2016 updates for Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Ajman, Fujairah, RAK, Sharjah, UAQ
2015 updates for Dubai and Abu Dhabi
- Moved to Ramadan in 2015 page.
2014 updates for Dubai and UAE
- Moved to Ramadan in 2014 page.
Removed from general list (establishments closed, information no longer valid, or needs update)
- [Closed] Api Cae Gourmet (2014?): location Khalidiya Tower A, Khalidiya, tel +971-2-6668909, www.apicae.com (was open from 2011-2014). Timings?
- Crowne Plaza hotel (2014?): Cho Gao (smoking area), Spaccanapoli (smoking area).
- Ruwais Mall food court?
- Beach House Cabana restaurant (2010) - Jumeirah Palm Golden Mile between apartment buildings 5 and 6, open 1200-2400 Sat-Wed, 1200-0100 Thu-Fri. No alcohol before Iftar. Smoking allowed.
- Bistro Madeleine (2013), Intercontinental Hotel Dubai Festival City, open 1200-1500 and 1800-2300, tel +971-4-7011127.
- The Greens (2009) - Berts Cafe takeaways and deliveries only before Iftar.
- Beach Park Plaza opposite Jumeirah Beach Park (2009) - Circle Bagels for takeaways (and deliveries?), open from 0800, tel +971-4-3428177.
- Central Perk (2009) - Umm Suqeim for takeaways, Rashidiya unknown.
- Downtown Dubai and Old Town Dubai (2013) - Boulevard Cafe Al Manzil Hotel open for dine in during Ramadan (closed permanently in 2014), Starbucks and 800 Pizza open for takeaways only before Iftar. Al Manzil Hotel, Vida Hotel, The Address Hotel, have daytime dine in restaurants or cafes.
- Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) - see Ramadan 2010, 2013, 2014; most outlets open daytime but many closed evenings and Fridays. Starbucks closed for Ramadan in 2014.  Circle Cafe open 1000-1730?
- Dubai Knowledge Village (renamed Dubai Knowledge Park), most outlets open daytime (not checked since 2009 or maybe 2016)?
- Dubai Media City - food court outlets open, but not on Fridays. Smoking tent or area (2008)? Sushi Counter (2013) open every day (not sure about Fridays)?
- Dubai Marina Mall (2009) - Favorite Things children's area coffee shop.
- Friday Brunch at Emirates Golf Club and other hotels or clubs. No alcohol served at brunches during Ramadan (2009).
- Hofbräuhaus (2013) JW Marriott Dubai, Deira - open 0900-2400 daily, tel +971-4-6077977.
- JBR The Walk (Marina Walk) (2009) - Paul Cafe - takeaways only.
- More Cafe (2013) - not all of them. Gold & Diamond Park (near First Gulf Bank metro station) open 0700-1900 tel +971-4-3234350, and DIFC branches open daytime in 2013. 2009 info: Al Murooj Residence and Hotel open, Gold & Diamond Park on SZR open (0800-1830) or closed (conflicting information, not checked), Al Garhoud location unknown.
- Pizza Express (2009) - Jumeirah/Umm Suqeim location - takeways (and deliveries?) only from 12pm-Iftar except Fridays 1:30pm-Iftar, tel +971-4-3945616. Dine in after Iftar.
- Souk Madinat Jumeirah (2013) - almost everything closed for dine-in during the day, only Toscana Italian restaurant open for daytime dining - opening hours 1200-2400, Noodle House closed daytime, opens at Iftar. Some outlets open for takeaways only - Costa Coffee, Dome Cafe, Starbucks. Places look closed, you'll have to search a bit for the entrance - try some closed doors.
- Sushi Counter (2013) Dubai Media City CNBC Food Court - open 1100-2400 daily (Fridays?) tel +971-4-3751096.
- TECOM (2013) - Byblos Hotel Crown and Lion bar open 1100-0130, tel +971-4-448800. Media Rotana Hotel Nelson's Bar open 1200-1530 and 2000-0230, tel +971-4-4350000.
- The Burger Joint (2013), Atlantis Jumeirah Palm Island, open 1100-2200 Sat-Wed and 1100-2300 Thu-Fri, tel +971-4-4262626.
- Thyme Restaurant (2013), Oasis Beach Tower, Dubai Marina, open 1230-1530 and 1900-2300, tel +971-4-3154200.
- Toscana Restaurant (2013) - in Souk Madinat Jumeirah, open daily from 1200-2400 during Ramadan, tel +971-4-3666730, entrance is not so obvious, try a couple of doors.
- Vivel Patisserie (2013?) - open for takeaways only. Some locations serve coffee. Jumeirah Beach Rd location (La Plage Apartments) serves food (sandwiches, breakfast, etc) and drinks for takeaway only, tel +971-4-3443232, open 0730-midnight, maybe 0730-0200 Thu-Fri during Ramadan.
- Wagamama (2009) - SZR Crowne Plaza for dine in, The Greens for takeaways.
- Wox (2013) (noodles) Grand Hyatt Dubai, Oud Metha - open 1200-2330 daily, tel +971-4-3172222.
- Zuma Restaurant in DIFC The Gate Village (2010) - open as normal, including Friday Brunch (AED 265 during Ramadan). Tel +971-4-4255660 for reservations.
Last update Thursday 14-Jun-2018. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.