Ras Al Khaimah Hotels
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
List of Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
RAK hotels general information
Ras Al Khaimah doesn't have the same spectacular array of hotels that you might find in Dubai or Abu Dhabi, but the Al Hamra Fort Hotel and the new RAK Hilton Resort & Spa are certainly comfortable enough for those expecting a decent standard of hotel. The RAK Hilton will also do the job but that's about it, until new hotels open up in RAK - the Acacia and the Al Hamra Palace later in 2009 ... or 2010
Ras Al Khaimah Hotels list (RAK Hotels)
- Acacia Hotel RAK - open August 2009? 4 star business hotel, 270 hotel room and 103 one-bdrm apartments, next to the RAK Free Trade Zone. Owner/operator Hamra Hotels and Resorts. Facilities include broadband internet, airport transfers, conference center, swimming pool, gym, restaurants.
- Al Hamra Fort Hotel and Beach Resort - on the road to Dubai, about the best hotel in RAK. Tel +971-7-2446666, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Management to be taken over by Hilton according to a press release 06 July 2011, with Hilton brand from Q1 2013.
- Al Hamra Palace Hotel - September 2009 was a proposed opening date but to look at it (in June 2009), that sounds optimistic ... maybe sometime in 2010. Owner/operator Hamra Hotels and Resorts. Facilities include private marina, freshwater lagoon, private beach, swimming pool, spa, tennis courts, 18 hole golf course. Accommodation in hotel rooms, studio and 1-3 bdrm apartments, and villas. Rated 5 stars but possibly promoted as a seven star hotel. Promotional material says it will have a Bavarian Beer Cellar (Keller) with what must be a first anywhere in the UAE, a brewery. Since the same material says the ballroom has a capacity of 400 "pox" we'll believe it when we see it.
- Aldar Hotel - near Safeer Mall
- Banyan Tree Al Wadi - Wadi Khadija, with 70 pool villas and 31 tent & pool villas, 10 spa pavilions, opening Q1 2010. Soft opening beginning February or end January 2010?
- Bin Majid / Bin Majed Beach Hotel - not such a good choice if you want luxury but cheap and cheerful (sort of). Tel +971-7-2352233, email email@example.com.
- Bin Majid Beach Resort - a little out of town, part of the BM Hotel but a long walk (3-4 hours).
- City Hotel Ras Al Khaimah - Al Muntaser St, opposite Manar Mall, tel +971-7-2274000, PO Box 12500 Ras Al Khaimah, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, website www.cityhotel.ae or www.cityhotelrak.com.
- Club Med - reportedly in talks to consider opening a resort in the UAE (The National 17 January 2010)
- Cove Rotana - see The Cove Rotana
- Crowne Plaza Resort Marjan Island - announced 20 September 2012, opening date expected in 2015, development and operation by InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) in an agreement with Almadina Real Estate Development (Al Madina). Facilties include 442 rooms, 9 food and beverage outlets (all-day dining restaurant, alfresco dining terrace, cigar lounge, 2 coffee shops, pool bar, bar and nightclub), 6 meeting rooms, spa, fitness center, beauty salon, nursery, indoor souk shopping center. Area 18,000 square meters.
- Doubletree by Hilton - opening date mid-2011?
- Hayat Plaza Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Hilton Mina Al Arab - opening date in 2013
- Hilton RAK - open in 2001. Nice beach but location not as good as Al Hamra if you want to commute to Dubai. Decent enough.
- Hilton RAK Resort & Spa - open January 2009, closer to Al Hamra and Dubai
- Hotel Cobra (planned) - part of the The Gateway Project (or Ras Al Khaimah Gateway Project), announced January 2007? Construction start 2008, completion scheduled for 2011. As of 2010, nothing happening?
- Intercontinental Hotel - opening date expected in 2014. A second IHG hotel opening in 2015 - see Crowne Plaza Resort Marjan Island.
- Khatt Springs Hotel and Spa - "An Oasis of Wellness" they say. Well the pictures look nice anyway. Inland near the RAK Airport. Tel +971-7-2448777, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marjan Island Resort and Spa - 302 rooms, facilities include a Lamar (La'mar) Holistic Wellnes Spa? Opening date Mar 2014.
- Nakheel Hotel - you really want to stay here? Good luck.
- Radisson Blu Hotel Al Qurm (Al Qurum) (SAS Radisson) - Old Town RAK, planned opening early 2012.
- Ras Al Khaimah Hotel (RAK Hotel), Khouzam - another budget hotel, in style at least, if not in price. No alcohol. Tel +971-7-2362999, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rixos Hotel RAK - planned or proposed? Announced early 2012? Details not supplied.
- The Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah - accommodation includes 204 rooms, 76 villas with private plunge pools in the 2 and 3 bedroom units, 6 food and beverage outlets, massage rooms, infinity pools, private beach, water sports centre. General Manager Joe Batshoun (announced 04 October 2010).
- Waldorf Astoria RAK - management agreement signed between Hilton Worldwide and the Al Hamra Group for an Arabian themed palace hotel. Opening date scheduled for Q4 2011 ... delayed to H1 2012 ... delayed to Q1 2013. Location in Al Hamra Village as part of a mixed use development including 18-hole championship golf course, private beach, and convention center with capacity for 3000 people. Facilities include 349 rooms, three outdoor swimming pools, 450 square meter ballroom, 8 or 10 restaurants and bars (both figures supplied), private beach, health spa, Al Hamra shopping mall access (press releases 01 March 2011 and 22 May 2012).
Hilton Hotels and Resorts in Ras Al Khaimah
- Al Hamra Fort - Hilton brand from Q1 2013
- Double Tree by Hilton RAK
- Hilton Mina Al Arab
- Hilton RAK
- Hilton RAK Resort & Spa
- Waldorf Astoria RAK
Hamra Hotels and Resorts
Hamra Hotels and Resorts is a hotel developer and operator based in Ras Al Khaimah with a remit to establish hotels in RAK and other emirates in the UAE. First established in 1996.
Last update Wednesday 19-Mar-2014
- Car rental in Dubai - if you land at Dubai airport and you want a car rental, you might as well start here
- Budget hotels in Dubai - cheap alternatives if RAK is full
- Flights to Dubai - most RAK visitors will fly in to Dubai
- Golf courses RAK
- Shopping malls in RAK
- Tourist guide to Dubai - stuff to do until we add the RAK tourist information
- RAK visas - much the same as for Dubai and other emirates
- Dubai hotels | Fujairah hotels
- www.alhamrafort.com - Al Hamra Fort Hotel & Beach Resort website.
- www.binmajid.com - Bin Majid Beach Resort and Hotel website. Also at www.binmajid.de.
- www.hamrahotels.com - Hamra Hotels & Resorts website.
- www.khatthotel.com - Khatt Springs Hotel & Spa website.
- www.rak-hotel.co.ae - RAK Hotel website, or maybe www.rakhotel.net. But not www.rakhotel.com which is spam with nasty pop-ups.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.