Al Hamra Mall RAK
Al Hamra shopping mall in Ras Al Khaimah (RAK)
The Al Hamra Shopping Mall is a medium sized shopping center in Ras Al Khaimah, on the RAK to Dubai coast road at the entrance to Al Hamra Village. Al Hamra Mall has a large Spinneys supermarket, over 200 shops on two floors, and a food court. As malls in RAK go, Al Hamra is one of the better ones with a pleasant light airy theme, and lots of wood.
- Area 36,000 sq meters (about 390,000 square feet) ... reduced to 300,000 sq feet in 17 April 2010 press release.
- Opening hours 1000-2200 (10am-10pm)
- Owned and operated by Al Hamra Real Estate Development LLC.
- Development cost AED 265 million (17 April 2010 figure).
- No underground or shaded car parking (at least not in mid-2009)
- Opening date originally scheduled for end of 2007 but delayed until 2008 ... 2009 ... first quarter of 2010 according to December 2009 press release. Official opening ceremony was on Thursday 15 April 2010.
- Spinneys supermarket open April 2008.
- Children's entertainment area (5,000 sq feet) expected to be operational by early 2010.
Al Hamra Mall list of shops
|Category||Shop names (June 2009 but not all expected to be open until Q1 2010)|
|ATMs and cash machines||See Banks|
|Banks||Commercial Bank International (CBI), Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB), Mashreq Bank|
|Books||Not really, try Spinneys or Gulf Greetings|
|Cafes and Coffee Shops||Costa Coffee, Mugg & Bean (closed?), Nero Café, Starbucks|
|Cards and Stationery||Gulf Greetings|
|Children's and Maternity Clothes||Bossini, Carters, Mothercare|
|Clothing accessories||See Fashion, mixed, and Jewellery|
|Clothing and Fashion, general||See Fashion, mixed|
|Cosmetics and Perfumes||Ajmal Perfumes, Al Qurashi Perfumes, Areej, Arabian Oud, Mikyaji, Missha, Nazih Trading, Royal Diwan Perfumes, Yas Perfumes|
|Entertainment||Amusement arcade, Pool tables, Kids entertainment zone (5000 sq ft)|
|Electronics||Al Falak Electronics|
|Fashion, Arabic||Sheila & Abaya|
|Fashion, Men||Balmain, Cavalli, Com8 / Com-Eight / Com-8, Louis Azzaro, Pierre Cardin|
|Fashion, mixed||Al Jeadi Fashion, Bossini, Espirit, G2000, Giordano Fashion, Guess, Hang Ten, Natasha, Seven Hill, Springfield|
|Fashion, Teenagers||See Fashion, mixed|
|Fashion, Women||Chez Paul, Claire's, H-Flo, Mazzoon Gallery, Princess Secret, Sheila & Abaya, Xoxo|
|Food Court||B & B Burger, Chinese Connection, London Fish & Chips, Marry Brown, New York Fries, Sushi Shop, The Noodle Room, The Rupee Room|
|Food (not in food court)||Baskin Robbins ice-cream, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, Fruit Chilla, Greenline Nutritional Products, Patchi chocolates and sweets, Texas Chicken|
|Furniture||Décor Colonial, Eastern Fusion, Heritage Touch, Interiors Furniture, Oriental Touch, Yves De Lorme|
|Handbags||See luggage and leather goods|
|Health and Fitness||Greenline Nutritional Products|
|Home Appliances||Better Life & Dulux|
|Home Accessories & Furnishings||@Home, CarpetWorld, Décor Colonial, DecoWorld, Eastern Fusion, Heritage Touch, Interiors Furniture, Oriental Touch, Prime Builders Interior Design, Yves De Lorme|
|Jewellery||Blue Rose Properties, Damas, Louia, Organza|
|Luggage, Shoes, Leather goods||Amaranti, Fares Products, Impressions & K-Corner, K-Corner, Lyne's, Shuiashaa|
|Money Exchange||Al Ansari Exchange|
|Optics, Spectacles, Sunglasses||Julphar Optical, Magrabi Optical, Rivoli Eye Zone, Samir Optical|
|Pharmacy||Moon Two Pharmacy|
|Phones||Etisalat, Fono Distribution Services, Telefonica|
|Property and Real Estate||Bavarian Real Estate, Hunts & Harris Estates / Real Estate|
|Services||Etisalat, RAK Economic Department, RAK Rent A Car|
|Shoes||Adidas, Badally Leather Shoes|
|Sports and Leisure||Adidas|
|Tailors and Textiles||See fashion, mixed, but probably none|
|Toys and Games||Limited - try Gulf Greetings|
|Watches||Accessori Mr, Hour Zone, Rivoli Watches, Times & Chimes, Time Zone|
|Other / not categorized||La Belle Rose, RAK Solar Sun|
- As of June 2009, only a handful of shops had opened, and the foodcourt was not open (maybe by end 2009).
- Total of 125 shops expected to be open by early 2010 (older press releases said 100 shops or 150 shops).
- Over 200 shops according to press release 17 April 2010 announcing the official opening.
Al Hamra Mall contact details
- Tel +971-7-2434042, fax +971-7-2434040. Al Hamra Mall management (?) +971-7-2447275, fax +971-7-2447276
- Email email@example.com.
Last update Wednesday 21-Jul-2010
- Al Hamra Shopping Mall - forum topic - add your comments, reviews
- Shopping malls RAK - other Ras Al Khaimah and UAE shopping malls
- www.alhamramall.com - Al Hamra shopping center website (under construction - December 2009)
- [Disabled] Submit URL.