Coffee shops and cafes in Dubai
Coffee shops and cafes in Dubai
List of coffee shops and cafes in Dubai, UAE (also Abu Dhabi and other emirates), and information guide to free internet wifi access and hotspots, smoking, Caffe Nero, Caribou Coffee Shop, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (CBTL), Costa Coffee, Dome, Gloria Jeans, More, Paul, Shakespeare, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, shisha cafe.
- Cafes and coffee shops in the UAE do not serve alcohol.
- During Ramadan almost all cafes are closed during the day. Exceptions are mostly in the Dubai free zones, and a handful of other places. See the list of cafes open during the day in Ramadan.
- Almost all cafes are non-smoking unless they have outdoor seating. A few (fewer and fewer as time goes on) have indoor smoking areas, and some have shisha pipe smoking. Shisha (Hookah, Hubbly Bubbly) cafes allow smoking inside.
- Most coffee shop chains serve coffee in takeaway paper cups if requested. Don't forget the cup holder - the hot cup will remind you anyway about 50 meters outside the coffee shop if you forget.
- Many cafes have free broadband internet wireless available, often with a time or download limit. Otherwise most have access to a Du or Etisalat hotspot (which you have to pay for).
- Coffee prices in Dubai - most of the coffee shop chains do a latte or cappuccino in 3 sizes for 14-15, 16-18, or 18-20 dirhams (2010 > 2017 prices). McDonalds in Dubai do a small one for about 5-7 dhs, or 10-12 dhs in their McCafes.
- If a cafe is also a restaurant (Dome, LPQ, More, Paul, Shakespeare, Tche Tche, then the coffee is the same price but in a smaller cup).
- Since many coffee shops are located in shopping malls, car parking is available and usually free. Paid parking areas include: DIFC and other free zones in Dubai except Fridays or weekends, Mall of the Emirates and Deira City Centre except weekends, Al Ghurair Mall and Burjuman Center Mall except weekends, JLT after first 3 hours (200 dhs for 3 hrs+).
Cafe opening times and hours in Dubai
- Most cafes and coffee shops in Dubai have timings from around 0800-0900 opening time to 2200-2300 closing time. A few close earlier around 1700-1900 if most customers are from offices with 9-5 or similar work hours.
- Cafes in shopping centers might start a bit later in the mornings since shopping centers are usually not open until 1000, and close at the same time as the mall, or an hour or two later.
- Many cafes are open until 2400 (midnight), and some until 0100, 0200, or 0300.
- Some cafes open between 0600 and 0700 (6am-7am).
24 hr cafes in Dubai and the UAE
24 hr cafes exist but there aren't many. Most 5 star hotels, and probably 4 star, maybe 3 star hotels will have some sort of 24 hr dining or cafe style area (often in the lobby) which the general public can visit (not just exclusively for hotel guests). But for other standalone outlets try (list is incomplete) ...
- 24 hr coffee shops in Dubai
- La Gaufrette French Cafe in TECOM (Cayan Business Tower).
- [Closed in 2015?] Park Central Dubai on Sheikh Zayed Rd (Park Central World)
- Tim Horton's on Sheikh Zayed Road - the one near the Crowne Plaza.
- Tim Horton's JBR The Walk.
- [Closed] Tim Horton's on Jumeirah Beach Road (the EPPCO gas station opposite Sunset Mall).
- 24 hr coffee shops in Sharjah
- Tim Horton's Al Majaz Waterfront
A number of fast food joints (McDonalds etc) are open 24 hrs (usually the drive-thru takeaway ones) with a dine in seating area and a cheap cup of coffee. Sheikh Zayed Road between Trade Center Roundabout and Defense Roundabout (1st interchange) has a few places like that, more on the ocean side but the desert side might also have a couple of places.
Cafe opening times during Ramadan
- During Ramadan, most cafes will be closed until Iftar, and might remain open for extended hours later in the evenings. A handful will be open during the day - mostly cafes in the Dubai free zones, rarely anywhere else.
List of cafes in Dubai (a selection, not a complete list)
|Au Bon Pain|
|Barista Espresso Cafe||several||snacks||good²|
|Bert's Cafe||The Greens Village||+971-4-3619292||free, unlim||yes||outside||yes||yes||busy||good|
|Bikers Café||Jumeirah Beach Rd||yes|
|Boulevard Cafe (French)||Downtown Dubai||Closed||unlim||good||outside||good||yes||free||good|
|Caffe Bene||CityWalk 2||free, unlim||yes||outside||limited||yes||free||good|
|Caffe De Casa||Gold Diamond Park||+971-341-5335||hotspot||good||outside||radio||yes||paid||too hot|
|Caffe Nero||several||free, lim||snacks||outside||ok||some||most||average|
|Coffee Bean ... CBTL||several||all closed||hotspots||good||outside||some||average|
|Costa Coffee||many||free, lim||snacks||outside||annoying||some||some||average|
|Crumble Cafe||Dubai Mall metro||unlim||good||shisha||yes||no||yes*||good*|
|Crumbs Elysee||Sheikh Zayed Rd||+971-4-3468899||maybe||yes||outside||French||yes||yes||average|
|Ducati Café (Caffé)||The Dubai Mall||+971-4-3253321|
|Esquires Coffee House||Jumeirah 2||+971-4-3444426||free||snacks||yes||yes||no||yes||good|
|Gloria Jeans||several||some free||average|
|Il Caffe di Roma||several||yes||outside||yes||some||yes||small, poor|
|La Brioche||AUH, DXB, AAN||+971-4-3387110||1 hr||good||outside||some||some||good|
|La Gaufrette Cafe||several, TECOM open 24 hrs||yes||good||outside||some||some|
|La Cafette by Carpe Diem||Jumeirah Town Center||yes||no||yes||no||yes||average|
|Le Pain Quotidien (LPQ)||some||yes||outside||some|
|Local Bites Cafe||Beach Rd, Umm Suqeim 1||+971-4-3885855||unlim||yes||outside||no||yes||road||small|
|Make Business Hub||Dubai Marina||+971-4-3929216|
|Mikel Cafe||several||90 min||yes||some||yes||yes||usually||good|
|Mocca Art Cafe||Al Manzil, Madina?||free, unlim||yes||outside||yes||free||small|
|Mugg and Bean||Al Thanya Rd||30 min(!)||yes||outside||yes||yes||yes||average|
|Nestle Toll House||yes||some||outside||some||usually||good|
|Own Cafe||JLT Cluster I||+971-4-4413519||2 hrs||yes||shisha||Karaoke||yes||3 hrs||small|
|Park Central World Dubai||SZR, open 24 hrs||+971-4-3589777||free, unlim||yes||outside||yes||yes||difficult||good, small|
|Pastaga French Cafe||Dubai Media City||+971-4-4390150||yes?||yes||yes||no|
|Paul Cafe (Pauls)||several||yes||outside||some||good|
|Seattle's Best Coffee||shopping malls|
|Shakespeare & Co||several||free, unlim||good||some||yes||some||most||awful|
|TCHE TCHE||several||free unlim||yes||yes||some||yes||too hot, small|
|The Coffee Beanery||Hamrain Center||no||snacks||no||no||average|
|The Media Lounge||Media City||unlim||good||inside||good||yes||paid||small|
|The Pavilion||Downtown Dubai||+971-4-4477025||unlim||yes||outside||yes||yes||yes||average|
|Tim Hortons Cafe||many, some open 24 hrs||1 hr||yes||outside||no||some||some||good|
|Tiramisu||Downtown Dubai Boulevard||unlim||good||outside||yes||yes||good||good|
|Vendome Paris||Al Quoz, Oud Metha||free, unlim||yes||no||yes||no||yes||average|
|Vintage Chocolate Lounge||Dubai Mall||poor||snacks||no||no||no||yes||average|
|Vivel Patisserie||several||no?||outside||some||some||too hot|
*See more notes under cafe name headings below.
- Our own very subjective rating of a cup of coffee - mostly reflects taste and flavor, but quantity, service, etc can affect our review a little. Based on rating Starbucks as average, which is not meant to be a criticism but just because Starbucks is so popular, we'll use them as a base reference point. We've updated Starbucks coffee rating to good, having too frequently felt a desperate urge to find the nearest Starbucks after drinking one of the many mediocre or bad cups of coffee in Dubai. Take no notice if you disagree. The difference between average and good is probably subjective most of the time. By the way, Starbucks goes from average to good if an extra shot of coffee is added to the larger cups. Some cafes use powdered milk, which we think tastes horrible. Ask for proper milk if you don't like powdered milk.
- Especially the Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee, which is more expensive, but we think it's delicious.
Barista Espresso Cafe in Dubai and Abu Dhabi
- Barista Dubai locations in Al Ghurair City (closed?), Burjuman Center (in Saks Fifth Avenue store), Carrefour Shindagha, Centerpoint - Trade Centre Road, Dubai Festival City, Dubai Outlet Mall (closed?), Lamcy Plaza (kiosk - open in 2003? Closed?), Mall of the Emirates, The Dubai Mall
- Barista Abu Dhabi locations in Abu Dhabi Marina Mall, Al Wahda Shopping Mall, Centerpoint
- Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee available (at about 50% extra cost). Yum!
Cafe Bateel in Dubai and UAE
- Dubai Bateel locations at Burjuman Centre (open March 2011?), Dubai Festival City, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Dubai Marina (across from Dubai Marina Mall, opened early 2013), Dubai Marina Walk, Dubai Media City (Business Central Towers), Mirdiff City Centre, The Dubai Mall.
- DIFC location has excellent comfy sofas outdoors - great for relaxing in with your coffee.
- Cake prices are expensive, rest of menu prices are about average for a posh cafe.
- UAE website at www.bateel.ae.
Bert's Cafe Contemporain Paris
- Berts Cafe located in The Greens village center, next to Costa Coffee. Opening times 0700-1130 every day. Good selection of food. Library (yes, really, but small), home delivery. Parking difficult or pay. Website www.berts.com (forwards to www.berts.fr).
[Closed Jun 2015] Boulevard Cafe Downtown Dubai
- Located on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard (previously called Emmar Boulevard) in Downtown Dubai (or Old Town Dubai), part of the Al Manzil Hotel but outside entrance. Has a pleasant view of the Burj Khalifa.
- French cafe - French menu with good food selection (not cheap though). Shisha smoking outside. Good music (chilled French, sort of). Free underground parking. Prices higher than Starbucks, Costa Coffee, etc. But ambience and atmosphere better too.
- Open daytime during Ramadan (in 2013).
Butlers Chocolate Cafe
- Butlers (not Butler's?) Chocolate Cafe is an Irish coffee shop chain with plans to open stores in the UAE (and possibly other GCC countries) according to news reports in April 2012. A franchise agreement was signed with Prime Hospitality.
C House coffee shops in UAE
- C House plans to open their first UAE coffee shop in December 2011 (in Abu Dhabi?) in partnership with MEFranchising. C House is an Italian coffee shop chain based in Milan.
Caffe Nero in Dubai
- Caffe Nero (not Cafe Nero) locations in Dubai - DIFC Balcony Precinct Building 2 (open September 2010, opening hours 0700-2200), Dubai Festival City, Dubai Marina Mall, Green Community Motor City (open 2010), Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) Almas Tower (Al Mas? Open September 2010, opening times 0630-2130), Mirdif City Centre, The Dubai Mall (first Nero Caffe in Dubai - open 2009).
- Caffe Nero also in Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) Al Hamra Mall, and Al Ain.
- Caffè Nero franchise holder in UAE is Al Tayer Trends - General Manager is Mike Hoff (11 October 2010 press release).
- Food menu items include Low Fat Blackberry & Bran Muffin, Low Fat Cranberry Slice, Tuna & Cannelini Bean Salad, Chicken & Red Pesto Orzo Pasta Salad, Tuna Niçoise Salad, Superfruit Booster Bar, Spiced Apple & Pecan Muffin, Date & Walnut Slice, Apple Crumble, Croque Monsieur, Panini breads, croissants.
- Drinks include coffee, tea, cold drinks.
- Free wifi internet at most or all branches, some only 25 mins access before it cuts out though.
Caribou Coffee in Dubai and UAE
- Most locations have free wifi internet access (usually limit of 60-90 minutes).
- Caribou Coffee locations in Dubai - Al Ghurair Center, Arabian Center Al Mizhar, Dubai Academic City, Dubai Festival City food court, Dubai International Financial Center DIFC Gate building (no free internet), Garhoud Views, Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) Al Murjan (plaza level, outdoor seating), Mirdiff City Center next to Borders Book Shop, Motor City (Motorcity Dubai) (open 0630-2300 daily), Oasis Center Mall Borders Bookshop (closed July 2010), Saleh Bin Laheej Building, Souk Al Bahar (outdoor seating), Southridge Downtown Dubai WS 01, The Dubai Mall LG and second floor, The Greens Arno building, Times Square Sheikh Zayed Road (hot in summer with the draught from the main doors opening and closing), UP House Deira, Uptown Mirdiff, Village Center Jumeirah 1 (outside seating), Wafi Center
- Large selection of iced and hot coffee and tea drinks.
- Food selection is cookies, cheesecakes from The Cheesecake Factory, croissants, muffins, panini sandwiches, salads, pies, quiches.
- Sometimes special offers of coffee and sandwich for 20-30 dirhams.
- Caribou Coffee locations in Abu Dhabi - Abu Dhabi Marina Mall
- Caribou Coffee locations in Sharjah - Al Durrah, Qanat Al Qasba (outdoor seating)
- Delivery available in most locations.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
[All closed] Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (CBTL) in Dubai
- Aug 2013 - all CBTL locations in Dubai closed? Not confirmed but if correct, that's a shame - they had the best food-price combination of any coffee shop chain in Dubai.
- Snacks and good value meals (pasta, salad, breakfast) available. Cakes are better prices than most other coffee shop chains such as Cafe Bateel, Caffe Nero, Starbucks, etc (and just as tasty or tastier). Food rating is "good" not because it's a Michelin class restaurant but because it's great value for what it is - for breakfast or dinner you can get something decent cheaply, instead of just an expensive sandwich as found in many other cafes.
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (CBTL) locations in Dubai - Downtown Dubai Old Town Dubai near Souk Al Manzil (closed Aug 2013?), Jumeirah 1 (outdoor seating) (closed - became a Tim Hortons), Jumeirah 2 (outdoor seating) (closed), Mall of the Emirates.
Coffee Planet in Dubai, UAE, Oman
- Coffee Planet is a coffee bean supplier to hotels and restaurants in the UAE. They also have several retail outlets in the UAE.
- Many service stations have a Coffee Planet coffee making machine in them (ADNOC in Abu Dhabi and other emirates, EPPCO and ENOC in Dubai, Shell in Oman).
- Locations of Coffee Planet stores supplying coffee and food include:
- Coffeol is a coffee shop chain with locations in Thailand, Romania, UAE (only Dubai as of mid 2013?).
- Coffeeol locations in Dubai:
- Al Garhoud Private Hospital, Al Garhood, ground floor and third floor. Tel +971-4-4545123.
- Al Wasl Square Jumeirah (Al Safa, opposite Safa Park), Block 8 Unit S33 (next to Tim Hortons). Open 0700-2400 daily? Maybe to 0100 in weekends? Tel +971-4-3306640.
- American University in Dubai, The Center Building, Level 2 food court. Tel +971-4-3992442.
- Dubai Festival City, Paris Gallery, ground floor (?).
- Emaar Boulevard, Burj Boulevard Plaza, Tower 1. Tel +971-4-4584185. Free parking round the back (follow Restuarants Parking signs into the carpark building). Opening hours 0700-2200 Sun-Wed, 0700-2400 Thu-Sat.
- The Dubai Mall, Fashion Avenue, ground floor. Tel +971-4-4572337.
- University of Wollongong in Dubai, second floor, Knowledge Village Block 15 (?).
- Coffeeol website at www.coffeol.com. Email email@example.com.
- Large chain of coffee shops, there's one in most malls, and many other locations around Dubai.
- But why oh why do they play the same music CD over and over again?
[Closed in 2016?] Crumble Cafe Downtown Dubai
- In Hotel Sofitel Downtown Dubai building. Free parking in car park building level 3 (entry backside), tell attendant or intercom at entrance you're going to Crumble Cafe.
- Open Mar (?) 2015. A few steps away from Downtown Dubai/Dubai Mall metro station.
- Coffee varies from very good to not so good. Menu selection of different flavors. Organic or Blue Mountain are the best.
- Smoking upstairs daytime, entire cafe after 1800. Shisha available. Entire cafe non-smoking since 2016 renovation.
- Try their specialty Deep Fried Oreo Cookies.
Crumbs Elysee Dubai
- Crumbs Elysee Cafe (Cafe de Provence) open February 2011. Website www.crumbselysee.com not available. Food menu good for meals, prices reasonable. Coffee and cake prices expensive. Opening hours 0630-2400 daily.
- Location next to Reem Al Bawadi Cafe on ocean side of Sheikh Zayed Road between Noor Bank and First Gulf Bank (FGB) stations on the Dubai Metro (FGB is closer but still a long walk), opposite Times Square shopping mall.
- Quaint place with pleasant French decor but in an odd location. Needs a beach, lake, or river out the front, not a motorway.
- Some people might be a fan of love songs replayed by pan flutes, guitars, or woodwind quartets, but a constant torrent of it is just as nauseating as death metal played in the Dubai Metro or at a baby's christening.
- Coffee is not bad, a larger cup option would be nice. Food is good, you won't feel ill after eating it ... unless you stay and listen to the music for too long. Actually food is very good value for money - burgers are great.
- Burjuman Center branch (next to metro station) has a small indoor smoking area.
- New branch at Sunset Mall, Jumeirah Beach Rd.
Ducati Caffé (Café)
- First Ducati Cafe open in The Dubai Mall - Ground Floor opposite the Dubai Mall Ice Rink. Opening date in May or June 2012?
- Tel +971-4-3253321, email firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.ducaticaffeuae.com.
Esquires Coffee House
- Esquires Coffee House is a Canadian coffee shop chain, established in Vancouver in 1993, with branches in Australia (?), Canada, China, Fiji, Ireland, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, UAE (Abu Dhabi, Dubai), UK, USA (?).
- Dubai locations:
- [Closed] Beach Road, Jumeirah 2 (open January 2010?), tel +971-4-3444426, has indoor smoking area, no shisha. Opening hours 0900-2400 daily, changed to 0700-2300 in February 2011. Closed December 2011. Replaced by Knightsbridge Cafe.
- Shindagha City Centre, Al Ghubaiba (Meena Bazaar), tel +971-4-2220703 (or not - is for Abdulla Mohammedd Almulla Building Materials, Abdulla Mohd Al Mulla Trading Est, Jamal Salem General Trading Co according to UAE Yellow Pages and other sources), mobile +971-52-6464079.
- Abu Dhabi locations:
- Mamoura Building B on Muroor Road Abu Dhabi (open June 2010?) (tel +971-2-6437211).
- [Update] Second location opening January 2012?
- More locations planned in the UAE?
- Ask for normal milk if you don't like coffee made with powdered milk (yuk).
- Downtown Dubai - Burj Plaza area, free wifi internet, free parking nearby (Car Park 1 off Emaar Boulevard), open 0800-2300 (weekdays) or 2400 (weekends).
- Jumeirah - next to Magrudy's.
- Abu Dhabi Airport?
Gloria Jean's Coffees in UAE
- Most larger UAE shopping malls have a Gloria Jeans.
- Free one hour wireless connection with drink purchases.
- Sometimes special offers - coffee plus cake or coffee plus sandwich for 20-30 dirhams sort of thing.
Häagen-Dazs cafes in UAE
- Abu Dhabi - first Häagen-Dazs cafe in Abu Dhabi opened in the Dalma Mall, Mussafah in Nov or Dec 2013?
Il Caffe di Roma in UAE
- Drinks include the usual range of soft drinks, tea, lavazza coffee, hot chocolate. Also available fruit juice milkshakes. Coffees are way too small though for serious caffeine addicts.
- Food includes ice cream, main courses, pasta, pastries, panini sandwiches, salads, soup.
- Breakfast buffet Friday and Saturday from 0800-1130.
- Opening hours 0700-midnight?
- Il Cafe di Roma in Abu Dhabi locations - Abu Dhabi Marina Mall.
- Il Caffe di Roma in Dubai locations - City Walk Al Safa area (open Nov 2013?), Deira City Center, The Walk at JBR (free wifi, outdoor seating), in Bahar opposite The Hilton (tel +971-4-8105555).
One of our favorite coffee shops but good luck trying to find one. They seem to pick obscure locations like near the back door of a car park (Downtown Burj Dubai) or in hospitals. At least the one in Ibn Battuta Mall is easy to find.
- Blue Mountain coffee is delicious but 2-3 times the price of normal coffee. Normal coffee is still pretty good.
- Good food selection - better than your average Starbucks or Costa Coffee sandwich.
- First cafe in the UAE opened in 2009 (?), Ibn Battuta Mall (?). See headings below for locations in Dubai and other emirates.
- Website www.jamaicablue.ae.
Jamaica Blue Cafe Abu Dhabi
- [Closed?] Al Raha Beach, Aldar headquarters building, basement 2. Tel +971-2-5563515.
- [Closed?] Al Danah, World Trade Center Mall Abu Dhabi, tel +971-2-6340620.
- Yas Island, Yas Mall Abu Dhabi, Lower Ground Floor, tel +971-2-5650464.
Jamaica Blue Cafe Al Ain
- Wahat Hili Shopping Mall - open Sep 2013.
Jamaica Blue Cafes Dubai
- Al Barsha, Flora Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Rd (next to Mall of the Emirates), tel +971-4-2309999 (supplied, but it looks incorrect for an Al Barsha location). Open July 2015. Opening times 24 hrs.
- Al Ghurair Centre, Al Rigga, Al Muraqqabat, Deira, tel +971-4-2552467.
- Al Riga Deira - Hyatt Place.
- Al Wasl - Jumeirah, Medcare Hospital Jumeirah, opposite Safa Park Gate 1, behind Al Wasl Square, off Al Hadiqa Rd (Meydan Rd). Tel +971-4-4079153. Small shop.
- [Closed?] Al Wasl - Jumeirah, Medcare Orthopedic and Spine Hospital, Matloob Building, Street 9B or 22A, other side of Sheikh Zayed Rd from Dubai Refreshments, near Interchange 2 (Safa Park Interchange). Tel +971-4-3768569.
- [Closed] Downtown Dubai Burj Plaza area (next to the Palace Hotel), off Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard (Emaar Boulevard) - walk down the steps towards the Burj Khalifa, same area as Gerard's and Loui's (Louie's) cafes. Open early 2013? Underground parking nearby, outdoor area, open 0800-2400 (Iftar to 2400 or 0100 during Ramadan). Tel +971-4-3608536.
- Dubai Media City
- [Closed?] Hor Al Anz East, Al Mamzar, Deira, Society of Engineers (SOE), 46th Street, off Al Wuheida Road, tel +971-4-2691383.
- Ibn Battuta Mall, Tunisia Court, near Geant hypermarket. Tel +971-4-3685615. Opened in 2009?
- Oud Metha, American Hospital Dubai. Open May 2015. Tel +971-4-3363609.
La Brioche French cafes (last update 21 Aug 2015)
- Good food selection for a cafe, a bit more expensive than Starbucks. Good tables for working or reading at. Internet a bit slow and limited to 1 hr at a time, they can sometimes be a bit funny if you request extra time without buying another coffee.
- Opening times vary from 0800 or 1000 to 2200-0100.
- Abu Dhabi locations: Abu Dhabi Airport Sky Park, Abu Dhabi Mall, Abu Dhabi Marina Mall, ADNEC, Al Seef Mall, Dalma Mall (Delma Mall), Danet, Deerfields Town Square, Golf Gardens, Grand Mercure Hotel Apartments, Khalidiya Corniche, Khalifa City A, Khalifa Street, Liwa Village, Mazyad Mall, Reem Island Amaya, Reem Island Boutik Mall, Muneera, Najda Street, Sas Al Nakhl.
- Al Ain locations: Al Khabisi, Bawadi Mall, Remal Mall, Souq Extra, Wahat Hili Mall.
- Dubai locations: Bay Avenue Business Bay, Bay Square Business Bay (Downtown Dubai), Mirdif City Center, [closed 2017?] Jumeirah Beach Rd.
- Contact information: tel +971-2-6419811, fax +971-2-6419822, postal PO Box 4033, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Email addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Jumeirah branch email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jobs at La Brioche UAE: try sending CV and letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or see careers page on website at www.labriocheuae.com/site/careers.
- Website www.labriocheuae.com, FB page at facebook.com/labriocheuaeofficial.
- First opened in UAE in 1984 in Khalidiya, Abu Dhabi. Operated/owned by Al Ahlia Group.
La Gaufrette French Cafes
- La Gaufrette Cafe - French coffee shops, or coffee shops with a French name, managed by Byblos Hospitality. First opened in 1991? Catering services, takeaway, home and office delivery available.
- Good food selection with resonable prices. Decent breakfast menu, gaufre (waffles), crepes, salads, hamburgers, sandwiches, pasta, fish, steak, chicken, kid's menu, cakes, desserts. Several locations in Dubai including:
- La Gaufrette Al Quoz - Al Quoz Industrial Area 4.
- La Gaufrette Deira - in Deira City Center, 1st floor. Tel +971-4-2950073.
- La Gaufrette Dubai Marina - in the Silverene Tower (open Feb 2013?). Tel +971-4-4421046.
- La Gaufrette TECOM - in the Cayan Business Tower, open 24 hours daily. Also has shisha smoking (but not inside)? Tel +971-4-4572327.
- Contact information:
- La Gaufrette Dubai head office tel +971-4-3388820, email email@example.com, office location Al Quoz.
- Byblos Hospitality, Tel +971-4-3460111, fax +971-4-3460333, email firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.lagaufrette.com.
Le Pain Quotidien (LPQ)
- Le Pain Quotidien locations in Dubai - Mall of the Emirates Fashion Dome, Sheikh Zayed Road outside Dubai Metro Financial Station (outdoor seating but noisy), JBR The Walk Bahar (Plaza Level), JBR The Walk Rimal
Little More Cafes Dubai
- Dubai Marina Mall, ground floor.
- Little More and More Cafe are two different franchise operations, with the same overall owner? Which probably explains why they look the same and have similar names. Menus are different though.
Make Business Hub
- Make Business Hub is more of a cafe based entrepreneurial office spot with workstations rather than sofas. Opened in January 2012 (official launch in February 2012).
- Opening times 0800-2200 daily. Located in Al Fattan House, Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR). Email email@example.com, website www.makebusinesshub.com.
- Customers expected to purchase AED 25 worth of food or drink (or both) per hour.
Mikel Coffee Company
- Greek coffee shop chain (first opened in Greece in 2008). First one opened in Dubai on Jumeirah Beach Road in 2016.
- Good wifi (but changed from unlimited to 90 min sessions in May 2017), good coffee. Beach Rd branch has indoor smoking area but not shisha.
- Al Ain locations: Al Ain Zoo (Nov 2016).
- Dubai locations:
- Beach Rd Jumeirah 2, with drive-thru counter. Opening times 0730-0200 daily. During Ramadan open 1900-0300 (2016, 2017).
- Burjuman Center (Dec 2016)
- CityWalk 2 (Feb 2017)
- Dubai Media City, open 0730-2000 Sun-Sat, 0730-2100 during Ramadan (2017).
- Ibn Battuta Mall, new expansion metro link, near India Court (Nov 2016).
- Jumeirah Islands? Jobs advertised Nov 2016 for new locations (FB).
- Website: www.mikelcc.gr. FB page for UAE: www.facebook.com/mikelUAE/.
- List of Mikel stores: www.mikelcc.gr/katastimata/ (in Greek).
- [Check, is same phone number for Miele in UAE?] Tel 800-64535 (toll-free in UAE).
Mocca Art Cafe
- Locations - Madina Mall Al Ghusais? Al Manzil Souk Old Town Dubai. Comments apply to Souq Manzil location. Coffee nice but tiny servings, only one size available although online menu says three sizes?
More Cafes Dubai
- Locations include - Al Murooj, DIFC (open during Ramadan), Gold and Diamond Park (open during Ramadan).
- Good food selection, reasonable prices. More (haha) of a cafe-restaurant than a coffee shop like Starbucks etc.
Mugg and Bean Dubai, UAE
- Free internet wifi but only for 30 mins, good food menu (breakfast, sandwiches, salads, dinner, etc) but some prices a bit high for a cafe, coffee about the same as Starbucks. Bottomless cups of house blend coffee. Comfortable tables and chairs for working at. UAE locations:
- Abu Dhabi:
- Abu Dhabi Mall, tel +971-2-6454232
- Al Wahda Mall, tel +971-2-4439395, open October 2012.
- Khalidiya Spinneys, tel +971-2-6812149
- Mushrif Mall, +971-2-4914428
- Mussafah Al Masaod Automobiles, tel +971-2-5550570
- Khalifa City A - Etihad Plaza, tel +971-2-5568710
- Sharjah: Sharjah Mega Mall, tel +971-6-5747470.
- Al Thanya Shopping Center Mall on Al Thanya Road, Dubai (where Waitrose Jumeirah Umm Suqeim is), open August 2013. Opening times 0800-2230 or 2300 (both figures seen, probably 2300), tel +971-4-3382356.
- Deira City Center Dubai, BinHendi Avenue (closed?).
- Dubai Bowling Center, tel +971-4-3385527 (closed?).
- Dubai Festival City, tel +971-4-2326360 (closed?).
- Uptown Mirdif, Mirdiff, tel +971-4-2880612 (closed?).
- RAK - Al Hamra Shopping Center Ras Al Khaimah (closed?).
- Abu Dhabi:
- Mugg & Bean is a South African based cafe chain (or sort of casual dining restaurant). UAE franchise or partner is Abdulla Al Masaood and Sons, tel +971-2-5563643. UAE website www.muggandbeanuae.com (no website available though when checked - Oct 2013). Email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Facebook page at "mnbuae".
- Mugg & Bean cafes in the UAE were under a different franchise - Bin Hendi? Or just in Dubai and Northern Emirates? Information not clear - Bin Hendi Muggs & Beans are or were at Deira City Center (Bin Hendi Fashion Avenue), Dubai Bowling Center, Dubai Festival City, Uptown Mirdiff ... until 2010 or 2011? Unclear information about Al Hamra RAK store.
Nestle Toll House cafes
- [Closed] Jumeirah Beach Road, Umm Suqeim.
- [Closed?] Knowledge Village Dubai.
PappaRoti (Pappa Roti)
- Get a Roti bread with your (small) cafe latte or other drink selection. The fresh bun is nice.
- PappaRoti started in Malaysia in 2003, as of 2012 has coffee shops in China, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, UAE. UAE locations include:
- Dubai - Sunset Mall (Jumeirah), The Dubai Mall, Union Co-op Al Ghusais (Al Twar).
- Abu Dhabi - Abu Dhabi Mall, Al Wahda Mall, Bawabat Al Sharq Mall, Khalidiya, Masdar City, Mushrif Mall, Qariyat Al Beri Resort
- Ajman - Al Muroor Rd
- Al Ain - Al Ain Mall, Al Bawadi Mall, Al Jimi Mall
- Ras Al Khaimah - Al Manar Mall
- Sharjah - Sharjah Corniche, Sharjah Mega Mall
- UAE franchise holder PappaRoti General Trading LLC, email email@example.com, website www.papparoti.ae.
[Closed?] Park Central Dubai, Park Central World Cafe
- Cafe, workspace, restaurant, delicatessen, art gallery (small space to showcase artists). Good place, but difficult to find a car park during the day and evenings. Delivery and takeaway menu.
- Open 24 hours every day. Website www.parkcentralworld.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +971-4-358 9777.
- Location is ground floor of Park Place Tower on Sheikh Zayed Rd, take the first SZR slip road after Trade Center roundabout, go past the Fairmont Hotel... Or cross SZR from the World Trade Center metro station on the Red Line.
Pastaga Cafe & Bread
- Pastaga in the Business Central Towers (just off Sheikh Zayed Road), Dubai Media City. Open plan French food, separate a/c smoking section, wifi available (but no power sockets)? Tel +971-4-4390150 (delivery available). Opening times 0700-2000 (might be closed Fridays).
- Swiss rather than French ownership or management? Is a member of the Swiss Business Council (SBC) in the UAE?
- First one opened September 2010 in DMC, another 18 locations planned in the UAE by 2015 (We will open 18 coffee shop in 5 years in UAE. The first coffee shop will open in September 2010 in Media City. - CEO Serge Marx on SBC UAE website)?
Paul Cafe in Dubai
- Paul Cafe locations include - Burjuman Center (outdoor seating), Deira City Center, Jumeirah Beach Residence The Walk (busy, outdoor seating, parking difficult), Mall of the Emirates, Mercato shopping mall, Wafi Center mall (outdoor seating).
Shakespeares (Shakespeare and Co) Dubai and UAE
- Funky Victorian (or Edwardian or something) themed cafes with lace curtains and frilly cushions in a variety of pastel shades and colors. Cool places to visit - very different from any other cafe you'll see in Dubai.
- Shisha smoking (outside) at Souk Al Bahar, Umm Suqueim Park and Shop, Beach Road Jumeirah 1 locations.
- Indoor smoking areas at several locations (not in shopping mall branches).
- Good food but horrible coffee (cafe latte way too hot and tastes like milk not coffee - try Bateel, Caffe Nero or Starbucks for a decent latte). But the included cakes and biscuits are nice.
- Shisha available in branches with outdoor seating or indoor smoking areas.
Branches (as of Jan 2016)
- Opening soon: Bawabat Al Sharq Mall (Abu Dhabi), Dalma Mall (Abu Dhabi), Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT Dubai), Makani Zakher (Al Ain), Umm Al Quwain (UAQ) (where?).
- Ajman: The Pavilion Al Zorah.
- Al Ain: Al Ain Mall (inside smoking area), Al Foah Mall, Jimi Mall.
- Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi Marina Mall, Al Falah Village Center 3, Deerfields Town Square, Guardian Towers, Souk Central Market, The Collection St Regis Saadiyat Island, Yas Mall.
- Dubai: Al Barsha Mall, Al Saqr Business Tower Sheikh Zayed Rd (inside smoking area), Al Wasl Rd Union Coop Umm Suqeim, Arabian Ranches Community Centre (smoking area inside), Dubai Mall, Etihad Mall (Ittihad Mall, Mirdiff), Ibn Battuta Mall China Court, Palm Jumeirah Golden Mile, Springs Town Centre (Emirates Hills), The Village Mall (Beach Rd) (inside smoking area), Safa Centre Wasl Rd (enclosed a/c gazebo smoking area), Silicon Oasis 7 Towers, Souq Al Bahar (Downtown Dubai).
- Fujairah: Century Mall.
- Ras Al Khaimah (RAK): Al Hamra Mall, Al Naeem Mall.
- Ruwais: Ruwais Mall.
- Sharjah: Al Majaz Waterfront Corniche, Nasseriya City Centre, Sharjah University City Matajer Al Juraina Mall.
- Umm Al Quwain (UAQ): opening soon.
International branches in Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, USA.
Website at www.shakespeare-and-co.com. Domain www.shakespeareandco.ae forwarded.
Opening times 0700-2400 (midnight) daily ... at all branches? SZR was open until 0100 or 0200 previously?
Starbucks in Dubai
- Staff usually friendly and efficient. Their desire to know your name can be somewhat bothersome, although they are usually good-humored about it if you make up something like Captain Pluto.
- Cafe Latte prices AED 15, AED 17, AED 19 for small, medium, large (increased by AED 1 in 2015). Large size is very large, get an extra shot or it will just taste like hot milk).
- Starbucks on Jumeirah Beach Rd - Umm Suqeim area - has a drivethru (and dine-in) facility (open Jan 2013?), the first drive-through coffee shop in the UAE? Brings the total number of Starbucks cafes in the UAE to just over 100 (103 according to the press release 07 Jan 2013). Drive-thru open during Ramadan (2013) for takeaways only during the day, dine-in open after Iftar.
- Starbucks in the UAE started offering free internet wifi with purchases from mid to late 2012, and most branches should have a Du or Etisalat wireless hotspot available. Time limit 1 hour per purchase, and they're often a bit fussy about that - ask for another wifi token but you might be told you're supposed to buy something else (most other coffee shops seem to happily hand out new tokens as often as you want them).
- Starbucks in Dubai locations include - most shopping malls in Dubai, DIFC, Downtown Dubai (Old Town next to the Fitness Center behind Manzil Hotel, and The Residences Burj Plaza area - might be at the base of Tower 1 or 3), Dubai Motorcity, Emaar Square, JBR The Walk Rimal backside (outdoor seating, open 0600-0030), JBR The Walk Rimal frontside (outdoor seating), JBR The Walk Bahar (Plaza level), JBR The Walk Sadaf (outdoor seating), JBR The Walk Shams (outdoor seating), JBR The Walk (outdoor seating), Jumeirah 3 on Sinyar Rd opposite the Jumeirah Model Girls School (bit of an obscure location, open late 2012 or early 2013?), Jumeirah Beach Rd (opposite Jumeirah Mosque in the Palm Strip Mall, opposite Jumeirah Beach Park in the Beach Park Plaza, Umm Suqiem), Sheikh Zayed Road (3 or 4 between Trade Center and Defense interchanges), Umm Suqeim Spinneys Center.
- Starbucks timings are usually from between 0600-0800 in the morning to between 2200-2400 in the evening. A few are open later (Sheikh Zayed Road until 0200 or 0300), and some close earlier (DIFC). Some might be closed on Fridays and/or Saturdays (DIFC, Dubai Media City?).
TCHETCHE (Tche Tche)
- Most or all locations have indoor smoking area with shisha served.
- Abu Dhabi locations: Al Raha Mall Boulevard Tche Tche Cafe (large, ground floor, back entrance), Corniche Tower Al Khalidiya.
- Al Ain locations: Bawadi Mall.
- Dubai locations: Dubai Marina JBR Sadaf 4 building, Business Bay Downtown Dubai - Emaar Boulevard, Ibn Battuta Mall (China Court), Jumeirah Beach Road opposite Jumeirah Beach Park (?).
- Emaar Boulevard - outdoor area, parking underneath (but complicated to find), free internet not time limited, good food selection, inside smoking area. Coffee too hot, service too slow, English not very well understood.
- [Check, not found] Jumeirah Beach Rd?
- Website: www.tchetchecafe.com.
The Pavilion (The Pavillion) Downtown Dubai
- A cafe, restaurant, art gallery, library (sort of) on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard (Emaar Boulevard renamed). A popular location for work and study atmosphere in a coffee shop. Open 1000-2400 daily. Closed in Jul 2013 for Ramadan 2013 ... closure extended indefinitely for renovation ... reopened end of 2013. No longer an art gallery but still a cafe.
Tim Hortons UAE (Tim Hortons Cafe and Bakeshop)
- Good value food and coffee. But almost always a shortage of Mac and Cheese when we ask. Cafe Latte small, medium, large is AED 13, AED 15, AED 17.
- Food items include a good enough selection of bagels, muffins, donuts, sandwiches, wraps, crisps, cookies, cheesecake.
- Many stores have a Cold Stone Creamery ice-cream shop attached or nearby for extra calorie supplies.
- Store wifi is an hour at a time by giving your personal private information to the Club Apparel network. Wifi is somewhat unreliable (no connection, or connection code sent to SMS an hour later ... which of course means that it has expired).
- Tim Hortons Cafe and Bake Shop store locations in the UAE (opening date in brackets if known).
- Abu Dhabi Tim Hortons: Abu Dhabi Mall (March 2013?), Abu Dhabi Municipality (open late 2013?), ADNOC Abu Dhabi Dubai highway exit 38, Al Raha Mall (open late 2013?), Al Seef Village (open late 2013?), Al Wahda Mall, Al Yasat Tower (Al Najda St), Dalma Mall, Deerfields Town Square Mall (open late 2013?), Emirates Aluminium (Emal), Etisalat Head Office, Marina Mall Abu Dhabi (open late 2013?), Mushrif Mall.
- Dubai Tim Hortons: Almas Tower JLT (Al Mas Tower, but not Al Mass Tower in Dubai Marina, Al Shindagha City Center mall, Al Wasl Square (open 0700-0300 daily, open Nov 2012), Amity University, Burjuman Center, Deira City Center, Dragon Mart 2 (Dragonmart Expansion/Extension), Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA), Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI, open late 2013?), Dubai Garden Glow (Zabeel, 2 locations), Dubai Investments Park (DIP) SouqExtra, Dubai Marinascape (Avant Tower? Dubai Marina), Dubai Outlet Mall, Dubai Science Park My City Center Al Barsha, Etisalat Deira, Ibn Battuta Mall (open late 2013?), Inflight Dubai on Dubai Al Ain Road, J3 Mall Umm Suqeim (Al Wasl Rd), JBR The Walk (open 24 hrs, open Apr 2012?), Jumeirah Beach Rd EPPCO station (opposite Sunset Mall Jumeira, open 24 hrs, open Sep 2013, closed 2016?), Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) drive-thru, Jumeirah Center (Beach Road), Jumeirah Park Pavilion (Jumeirah Park Community Center) (Q3 2013?), Madina Mall, Meadows Town Center, One JLT, Palm Jumeirah Golden Mile Galleria shops, Sheikh Zayed Road No. 1 Tower Suites (2011? Open 24 hrs from Jun 2012?), Sheikh Zayed Road Latifa Tower (open 24 hrs - not confirmed?), The Dubai Mall (LG floor near fountains, and 2nd floor), The Outlet Village Jebel Ali.
- JLT: Almas Tower, JLT One Tower (opposite Cluster G entrance, not near JLT metro station - Google Maps error), drive-thru and cafe at Cluster R (not Cluster A - error in some sources).
- Al Ain Tim Hortons: Al Jimi Mall (open late 2013?), Shabat Plaza (open late 2013?).
- Al Garbia (Western Region of Abu Dhabi) Tim Hortons: Ruwais Shopping Mall (open late 2013?).
- Fujairah Tim Hortons (Fujeirah): Century Safeer Mall Fujairah, Fujairah City Center.
- Ras Al Khaimah Tim Hortons:
- Sharjah Tim Hortons: Al Majaz Waterfront Buhaira Corniche (Shurooq, 08 May 2012, open 24 hrs from Jun 2012?), Matajer Juraina, Matajer Mirgab Mall, Sahara Center Mall.
- [Check] Unknown or unclear locations:
- "Al Mas Tower", tel +971-55-5976130 and "Almas Tower JLT" tel +971-55-5976130, two entries in Dubai list.
- "Choitrams - Marina" (Choithrams), tel +971-56-4041800, in Dubai list. Not found.
- "Copthorne Hotel", +971-56-5090424, in Dubai list. In or near Copthorne Hotel Deira, Port Saeed area opposite Deira City Center?
- "Etisalat Deira", tel +971-55-2136903. Presumably in or near Etisalat HQ building?
- "Emirates Palace Hotel", tel +971-52-9093276, in Dubai list. Presumably Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi? Same number given for Fujairah Century Mall location.
- "Etisalat WTC - Al Wasl", tel +971-52-6470886, in Dubai list. Etisalat building near Dubai World Trade Center roundabout, or Etisalat branch at Defense Roundabout (near Al Murooj Complex opposite Dubai Mall)? Tim Hortons Express?
- Tim Hortons is a Canadian coffee shop chain with several thousand stores across North America. UAE management by Apparel Group in Dubai.
- Tim Hortons on the web
- No UAE website. Global website at www.timhortons.com but does not have UAE shops on its store locator page.
- Website www.appareluae.com/tim-hortons/ (previous www.appareluae.com/timhortons.html) has a list of Tim Horton's stores in the UAE.
- FB: www.facebook.com/TimHortonsGCC/
- Pics: www.instagram.com/timhortonsgcc/
- Tweets and Twits: twitter.com/timhortonsgcc
Tim Hortons UAE and GCC history and timeline
- 2014 Mar: First Tim Hortons store opened in Saudi Arabia, in Madinah.
- 2011 Sep: First Tim Hortons in Dubai opened on Sheikh Zayed Road (ocean side) next to Starbucks, near the Financial Center metro station.
- 2011 Feb: The first Tim Hortons store in the UAE and the Middle East is expected to open in the new Mushriff Mall in Abu Dhabi in April 2011 - Deputy Manager of Mushrif Mall, Siddharth Khanna, said "... we are looking forward to hosting Tim Hortons here," (The National 03 February 2011).
Tim Hortons in other GCC countries (updated May 2017)
- Bahrain: Al Alawi, Bahrain City Center mall, Galleria Mall.
- Kuwait: Avenues Mall, Gate Mall, Golds Gym, Promenade Mall.
- Oman (all in Muscat): Barka Grand Central, Grand Central, Muscat City Centre mall, Muscat Grand Mall, Shati Al Qurum, Taimoor Mall.
- Qatar (all in Doha): CNAQ (College of the North Atlantic - Qatar, CNA-Q), Doha City Centre mall, Ezdan Mall, Ezdan Wakra, Gulf Mall, Hyatt Plaza, Lagoona Mall, Mall of Qatar, Qatar University.
- Saudi Arabia (KSA): Dammam (7x), Eastern Region (3x), Jeddah (8x), Madina (1x), Rabwa (1x), Riyadh (15x). Petromin stations (2x) Exit 8, Quma?
Vendome Paris (Vendome Boulangerie)
Looks a bit like Paul's Cafe inside.
- Al Quoz main branch: Corner 4th St and 25A St, behind Gold and Diamond Park and Al Barsha RTA traffic department, near FGB metro station (short walk), Al Quoz Industrial Area 3. No outdoor seating. Open 0700-2000 (7am-8pm) daily. Tel +971-4-3415635.
- Oud Metha branch: Next to Alliance Francaise. Open 0730-2000 (7:30am-8pm) Sat-Thu, closed Fri. Tel +971-4-3348068.
Vintage Chocolate Lounge
- Largest cafe latte same as small size at Starbucks, cost AED 20. We didn't try their hot chocolate.
- Upstairs area closed. Internet couldn't connect. Nice tables but some seats too low and uncomfortable (the solid brown ones, the patterned ones are much better). Service friendly and efficient.
- Location Dubai Mall opposite Reel cinemas.
- Vivel Patisserie is a chain of luxury confectionery shops - chocolate, sweets, biscuits, dates, Turkish Delight (good place to get some if you're looking for that - although not cheap).
- Some locations serve coffee (Beach Road, Dubai Marina Mall, not Madinat Jumeirah). The Jumeirah Beach Road location (in La Plage Apartments) serves food (sandwiches, breakfast).
- Abu Dhabi - Khalidiya Road (Khalidiyah Rd) tel +971-2-6667338.
- Al Ain - Bawadi Mall tel +971-3-7840554, Hilton Road tel +971-3-7666012.
- Dubai - Arabian Center Mirdiff tel +971-4-2845535, Dubai Marina Mall +971-4-4211862 (serves coffee?), Jumeirah Beach Rd tel +971-4-3443232 (serves drinks and food, open for takeaways only during Ramadan), Madinat Jumeirah +971-4-3686006 (serves coffee?), The Dubai Mall tel +971-4-3253163 (serves coffee?).
Best cafes for working at
Meetings, working on internet, study, doing homework, writing books. For us that means quiet, good seats and tables, good internet, power sockets available for laptops and smartphones, convenient parking or metro access. Cafes in shopping malls aren't usually the best option since they are often noisy and busy, and more chance of screaming children running around. The occasional ones we've found don't seem to stay open, presumably because not enough business, for example the Starbucks in BHS Mall of the Emirates, the Caribou in Borders Oasis Center (Borders closed too).
Unfortunately that often means finding cafes which are not so busy, as in unfortunate for them because less business means they struggle financially to stay open.
- [Closed 2017 or 2016] Argos Tea Cafe Citywalk Bur Dubai, although funny furniture arrangement means it feels cramped if more than a couple of people in there.
- Cafe Brioche - good coffee and menu selection, most (but not all - none in Mirdif City Centre branch) have plenty of power sockets. Good tables and chairs. They can be funny about internet use though (1 hour limit per order). Jumeirah Beach Rd branch closed in 2017.
- Caffe Bene (City Walk) - some good tables, good internet, good coffee, some power sockets, usually quiet, free parking underground ... until CityWalk starts charging (ticket machines installed but still wrapped in plastic).
- Caffe Nero - have good tables for working at, with (usually) an ample supply of power sockets.
- [Closed?] Crumble Cafe Downtown Dubai.
- Gerards Cafes - good tables and chairs, good internet, but yuk cafe latte when they use powdered milk.
- Nestle Toll House cafes - good internet with no time limit but tables a bit small.
- Shakespeare Cafes - now they have internet too. Good tables. Indoor smoking areas in some of their stores (Sheikh Zayed Rd, Jumeirah Beach Rd, Arabian Ranches). But coffee is poor, and too hot. Good food selection though.
- Starbucks if not in shopping malls - but some have awkwardly small tables (perhaps intentional to reduce the number of customers sitting all day on one cup of coffee). Internet limit 1 hr but usually they're fine about giving repeat connections.
- Tiramisu Cafe Downtown Dubai, but internet sometimes flaky. Good food selection especially when they have the nice bread for their baguettes.
Last update Thursday 16-Nov-2017. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- www.coffeeplanetexpress.com - Coffee Planet website