Dubai Outlet Mall, Dubai Outlet City, Dubailand
Dubai Outlet Mall opening hours
|Main shopping area
|Eid Al Fitr holidays (2012) 1000-2400
- Saturday hours changed from 1000-midnight to 1000-2200, when?
About Dubai Outlet Mall
Dubai Outlet Mall (DOM) is one of many Dubai shopping malls, part of Dubai Outlet City (DOC) which is in Dubailand (Dubai Land). At the time of opening of Dubai Outlet Mall in August 2007, the rest of Dubai Outlet City and Dubailand was mostly just sand. That will change as development progresses. Dubai Outlet Mall location is on the Dubai-Al Ain Road, or Route 66 (yes, really) near the Al Ruwayya interchange with the Dubai Bypass Road. See DOM location map. The mall itself looks a tad more sophisticated than a warehouse but not quite as stylish as something like Mall of the Emirates or Ibn Battuta Mall. DOM is, however, a step up from Dragon Mart (Dragonmart) in International City.
Dubai Outlet Mall is a one stop shopping centre consisting of a collection of factory shops with bargains galore from surplus stock etc. At least, that's what DOM says. They're right enough. If you're happy to buy last season's gear, you'll pick stuff up at cheap prices, especially general items like household goods, children's toys and clothes, t-shirts, casual clothing. The ladies' and some of the men's fashion is not so appealing - it's all the junk that the main branches can't sell.
Dubai Outlet Mall 'Half-Price Mondays'
- Dubai Outlet Mall starts a new shopping promotion from 02 August 2010 - on Mondays, retailers will display outside their stores stock that is discounted more than 50% from the original price (press release 08 August 2010). Same press release said "Dubai Outlet Mall hosts more than 800 famous international and regional brands for fashion, accessories, shoes, jewellery, electronics, homewares, furniture and much more." Which clarifies some previous overly optimistic reports that DOM had 800 shops rather than brands.
- Update January 2012: Dubai Outlet Mall has 1200 brands in 240 stores.
Dubai Outlet Mall shops
Shops and brands include Adidas, Aizone, Al Hama, Al Tayer Group, Aldo, Allied Enterprises, Allied Factory Outlet, Anne Valerie Hash, Aquascutum, Armani, Azadea Group, Azarro, Bally, Banana Republic, Bauhaus, Boutique One (Boutique 1), Calvin Klein, Christian Dior, Christopher Kane, Converse, Diesel, Dries Van Noten, Elie Tahari, Esprit, Evisu, Gap, Grand Stores, Gucci, Guess, Issey Miyake, Jil Sander, Kenneth Cole, Kraze, Levi's, Liali Jewellery, MAF Fashion, Mango, Marni, Massimo Dutti, Magrabi Optical, Mango, Mark by Mark Jacob, Massimo Dutti, Max Mara, Mexx, Monsoon, Nike, Nina Ricci, Nine West, Opera, Paris Gallery, Paul Smith, Pierre Cardin, Prada, Priceless, Puma, Ralph Lauren, Reebok, Rivoli, Rodeo Drive, Salam Studio & Stores, Samsonite, Stella McCartney, Studio R, Tchibo, Ted Lapidus, The One Outlet, Thakoon, Tim Hortons coffee shop cafe, Timberland, Tommy Hilfiger, Valentino, Villeroy and Boch.
Dubai Outlet Mall new shops
- [When?] Comicave: large comic book and movie based memorabilia and collectibles. Get your Star Trek light sabre here ... oh wait ... was it Battlestar Wars that had them?
- 19 Jan 2012: new stores include Carolina Herrera (luxury fashion), Reliable Electronics, Rivoli Eyezone (spectacles and sunglasses), Scotch & Soda (Austrian fashion), Shoe Mart, Splash (various fashion clothing brands), Steve Madden (American shoes), Tim Horton’s (Canadian coffee). New outlets expected to open soon include After Shock, Cacharel, Go Sports, Levi Strauss & Co, Piero Pizza, Pynkiss Milano.
- 12 Apr 2011: The Stock Market Outlet - fashion and clothing brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, Aida, Datch, Friis, Ninelives (DOM announcement).
- Feb 2011 (DOM magazine): Angels Outlet (fashion clothing for kids - Baby Dior, Byblos, Escada, Ferrari, Kenzo Kids, Laura Bagiotti, Miss Blumarine, Moschino, Timberland), Cole Haan Outlet (belts, shoes, footwear, for men and women), Mario Bruni Outlet (men's Italian designer shoes and leather jackets), Nithya Outlet (women's clothing), Noorpix Photo Studio (commercial, fashion, wedding photography), Pointure Outlet (children's shoes - Blumarine, Kyrzia, Laura Biagiotti, Moschino, Roberto Cavalli), Saccor Brothers Outlet (formal and casual clothing for men and women), The White Company Outlet (bed linen, sheets, towels, etc, mostly white), Viennois Jewellery Outlet.
Dubai Outlet Mall food and entertainment
There's a Chuck E Cheese family entertainment spot with bowling and an ice-rink for when you get bored with the shopping bargains. For food there's the usual selection in the Food Court area (open November 2007). Scattered around the mall are a couple of other cafes including the Aran Cafe (December 2008 - closed?), French Bakery and Il Caffe de Roma. Reassuringly, the food is fresh, not last year's factory surplus. The bad news is that food prices are not discounted. If you're looking for bread and milk bargains, you won't have much luck at Dubai Outlet Mall, there's no supermarket there.
Food court restaurants at DOM
- May 2017: Al Arrab Restaurant, Baskin Robbins, Burger King, Chowking, Curries & Grills, Dolma House, KFC, Kumpir House (Turkish baked potatos), McDonald's, New York Fries, Noon-O-Kaba, Panda Chinese, Piero Gourmet (Pizza, Pasta & Grills), Subway.
- Feb 2011: Baskin Robbins, Burger King, Chowking, KFC, McDonald's, Noon-O-Kaba, Panda Chinese, Potato Hut, Subway, Vana Flavors of India.
- Nov 2007: Automatic Restaurant, Burger King, Cosi, Hatam, KFC, McDonalds, Skyler's, Starbucks, Stone Fire Pizza.
Dubai Outlet Mall services and how to get to the mall
- Free shuttle bus from central Dubai hotel locations. Phone DOM for latest schedule, tel +971-4-4234666.
- Directions for RTA public bus service from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station: route 66 to Al Faqa and route 67 to Dubai Endurance City, Al Menhad bus stops on the E66 (Dubai-Al Ain Rd). Walkway under the highway for bus stop across the road from DOM. Nol card required for tickets. Check schedule with RTA, bus frequency is about once every 2 hours.
- Dubai Outlet Mall Customer Service staff speak 11 languages including Arabic, English, Farsi, Filipino, Hindi, Russian.
- Emirates NBD bank open May 2009
- Father and Baby Room - changing and feeding facilities, location on 1st floor near the food court
- Mother and Baby Room - similar facilities but for mothers, also has a kids play area
- Taxi Lounge - customers can wait inside in comfort for a taxi, near the main entrance
- Dubai Outlet Mall gift vouchers, values 25, 50, 100, and 200 dirhams.
- Special Tourists Discount Card (the "Outlet Plus Card") available. Telephone +971-4-4234666 or visit Customer Service desks for more information.
Dubai Outlet Mall facts and figures
- Open for business on 22 August 2007
- Phase I has 100 shops open August 2007 and another 140 shops open September 2007.
- Phase II will double the number of shops and open in 2010. Except that as of May 2010, there's no evidence of any expansion work being carried out.
- DOC is operated by Al Ahli Group.
- Mall Director is Vishal Mahajan (started January 2007).
Dubai Outlet Mall expansion
The National reported on 16 April 2009 that Dubai Outlet Mall might expand to twice its current size, to satisfy demand from retailers who missed out on securing shop space in Dubai Outlet Mall when it first opened. Apparently there are already 800 shops according to the report ("800 stores currently operate out of Dubai Outlet Mall,"), which is more than three times what DOM opened with despite no expansion work carried out yet, and more than almost any other shopping center in Dubai (except for The Dubai Mall). Perhaps they misread the DOM press releases which said 800 brands, not shops, are available at the shopping centre. Other information and numbers (who knows how correct they are though) in the same report were:
- 12,000-15,000 visitors daily during the week, 20,000-25,000 visitors per day at weekends
- Retailers sign and agreement that they will offer goods at prices at least 30% below normal retail.
- Vishal Mahajan is still the mall director.
Update: As of May 2010, there doesn't seem to be any expansion work in progress, and within the existing shopping mall, there are still a number of retail spaces unused and boarded up. Which might indicate that retail areas are still available for lease or rent in the current building?
Dubai Outlet Mall contact details
- DOM Customer Service new telephone number +971-4-4234666, fax +971-4-3679009, email email@example.com.
- Postal address: PO Box 115648, Dubai, UAE.
- PR & Media Manager, Maryam Ensan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DOM customer service old telephone number +971-4-3679600 (No longer in service? Left here for search reference).