Emirates NBD bank Dubai
Emirates NBD bank, Dubai, UAE
Emirates NBD was formed in 2007 as the merger of Emirates Bank and National Bank of Dubai, two large Dubai-based banks in the UAE. From 2007-2009 both banks operated under their own brand names, then from early 2010 a rebranding of branches to Emirates NBD was carried out. For shareholders of either bank (both were listed on the Dubai stock exchange), they became owners of the new entity through a share-swap deal and the previous banks were delisted from the stock exchange.
- Chairman of Emirates NBD is Ahmed Humaid Al Tayer.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Emirates NBD is Rick Pudner.
- Emirates NBD PR agency is Asda'a Burson-Marsteller (announced 12 December 2009)
- International branches, representative offices, and operations in India, Iran, Jersey (Channel Islands), Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, UK.
- Total Assets as of 31 December 2008 is AED 282 billion.
- Emirates NBD has about a 20% market share in the UAE as of 31 December 2008.
- Total of 129 branches and 651 ATMs as of 16 January 2010 press release.
Emirates NBD rebranding
- First Emirates NBD rebranded branch open 16 January 2010 (press release same date) in Deira - what was the Emirates Bank headquarters that has a nice shiny reflection of the Dubai Creek. The building is now the Emirates NBD Group HQ.
- Another 110 branches and 650 ATMs of Emirates Bank and National Bank of Dubai will be rebranded as Emirates NBD branches and ATMs. Expected completion date by end March 2010.
- International branches in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UK will also be rebranded.
List of Emirates NBD branches
Unless otherwise stated, bank branches are open Saturdays to Thursdays, and closed on Fridays and public holidays. This is not a complete list.
- Ramadan 2010 opening hours (press release 11 August 2010):
- Single shift branches 0900-1400 or 1500 Saturday to Thursday.
- Double shift branches open 0900-1400, 1500, or 1600.
- Dubai Airport and Sharjah Airport branches open 0900-2100.
- UAE shopping mall branches 1000-2100, or 1000-1400 and 2000-2400 (midnight).
|Abu Dhabi main branch, Khalifa St||0800-2000||Opening times extended Feb 2010|
|Abu Dhabi International Airport||0800-2000||28 Jun 2011||Sky Park Plaza in Terminal 3|
|Al Muhairy Center||0800-2000|
|Al Nahda St||0800-2000||Opening hours extended Feb 2010|
|Al Wahda Mall - see Hazza Bin Zayed St|
|Business Banking Center Khalifa St||26 Oct 2010|
|Dalma Mall (Delma Mall), Mussafah||1000-1600||08 Jan 2011|
|Hazza Bin Zayed St Branch||0800-2000||22 Jun 2010|
|Hazza Bin Zayed St||0800-2000||07 May 2011||Next to Al Wahda Mall|
|Qariyat Al Beri / Berri|
|Tourist Club Area||04 May 2010||Priority Banking Center|
|Al Bawadi Mall||0800-1400||13 Jul 2010||In Al Quas Souq on Mazyad Rd, not in AB Mall|
|Al Jimi Mall|
|Al Mizher Center||0800-2000|
|Al Muhairi Centre|
|Al Qiyadah||0800-1400||04 Mar 2012||Near Dubai Police HQ on Al Nahda Rd|
|Al Quoz (Qoz, AlQuoz)||0800-1400||20 Nov 2010|
|Al Wasl Rd, Jumeirah||0800-2000|
|Al Safa, Sheikh Zayed Road||0800-1400||03 Feb 2010||Emirates Financial Services building|
|Business Banking Center Al Ittihad|
|Business Banking Center Al Quoz (Ghoz)||0800-1600||20 Nov 2010|
|Business Banking Center Bur Dubai Souq||0800-1600||04 Jul 2012|
|Business Banking Center Jebel Ali|
|Business Banking Center Satwa|
|Business Banking Center Sheikh Zayed Rd|
|Deira, Dubai Creek||Head Office|
|Deira City Centre|
|Dragon Mart||+971-4-3957805||0900-1500||07 Jul 2011||International City, Al Awir Road|
|Dubai Airport Terminal 2||2 new pay offices announced 10 May 2010|
|Dubai Airport Terminal 3||2 new pay offices announced 10 May 2010|
|Dubai Festival City|
|Dubai Festival City||20 May 2009||Private Banking Center, Office Tower|
|Dubai Mall||10 Feb 2009||Ground Floor|
|Dubai Marina, Al Fattan Marine Tower||0900-2100|
|Dubai Marina Mall||0900-2100||10 Mar 2009||24 hr ATM|
|Dubai Outlet Mall||May 2009|
|Dubai Silicon Oasis||0800-1400||06 Jun 2009||24 hr ATM, ground floor|
|Emaar Business Park||0900-1600||27 Mar 2010|
|Emirates Airline Headquarters|
|Galleria Hyatt Regency|
|Ibn Battuta Mall|
|International City - see Dragonmart|
|Jumeirah Beach Residence The Walk|
|Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT), Almas Twr||0900-1500||18 Dec 2010||'Gold Branch'|
|Mall of the Emirates|
|Mirdiff City Center||1000-2100||31 May 2010|
|Murraqqabat (Muraqqabat)||+971-4-2546320||0800-1400||22 Jun 2011||Abu Backer Al Siddique Rd|
|Sheikh Zayed Road||0800-1400||15 Jun 2010||Al Sondos Tower, next to Towers Rotana Hotel|
|Souk Madinat Jumeirah|
|TECOM||+971-4-4503939||0800-1400||07 Jul 2011||Near Grand Millenium Hotel|
|TECOM||0800-1400||06 Aug 2011||Grosvenor Business Tower|
|The Residences||2010||Downtown Burj Dubai|
|The Walk (JBR), Dubai Marina||0900-2100|
|Times Square Center Dubai||17 Feb 2009||Sheikh Zayed Road|
|Wafi City||1000-1600¹||26 Apr 2009||Emirates Branch|
|Business Banking Center Sharjah|
|Sharjah City Center||1000-2100||2006||reopened March 2009|
- Open till 15:00 on Saturdays
Emirates Bank, NBD, Emirates NBD branches by emirate and area
|Emirate or City||Area or Location|
|Abu Dhabi||Al Markaziyah (Sheikh Khalifa Branch), Al Markaziya (corner Electra and Lulu St), Al Najda, Khalidiya (Areej Towers), Khalidiyah (Al Muhairy Center), Muroor, Mussaffah/Mussafah, Tourist Club Area (Electra Street)|
|Ajman||Sheikh Humaid Street - 2 branches, both in Al Nakhil / Al Nakheel|
|Al Ain||Al Ain Bawadi Mall (ATM only?), Al Ain Mall, Al Jimi Mall, Al Mutawa, Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed St|
|Fujairah||Al Ittihad, Hamed Bin Abdulla Road,|
|Hatta||Al Madam Roundabout|
|Ras Al Khaimah (RAK)||Al Mamoorah Road, Corniche, Manar Mall|
|Umm Al Quwain (UAQ)||Masjid Al Mazroui - near Safiya School|
- Emirates Money is the consumer finance subsidiary of Emirates NBD.
- Emirates Money branches in Abu Dhabi (Khalifa Street, open October 2010), Deira Dubai (Al Sabkha, Emirates NBD Building - Head Office), Bur Dubai (Mankhool Road).
- General Manager of Emirates Money is Vikas Thapar (October 2010 information).
- Emirates Money finance and loan products available include personal loan for salaried customer up to AED 250,000, business loans for self employed up to AED 350,000, commercial vehicle financing up to AED 2 million, secured personal loans against cars, deposits or POS receivables up to AED 500,000 (as of 09 October 2010 press release).
- Insurance products also available.
- Opening hours 0900-1700, Saturday to Thursday (Abu Dhabi branch, opening times for other branches not supplied).
- Contact details tel +971-4-3160366 (0800-2000 Sat-Thu), email email@example.com, website www.emiratesmoney.ae.
Emirates NBD Islamic Banking
Emirates NBD offshore foreign international branches
- Operations in Channel Islands (Jersey), Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, UAE, UK
- Representative offices in India, Iran, Singapore (address 50 Raffles Place #21-06, Singapore Land Tower, tel +65-6438-7868?)
- First Asia Pacific branch launched in Singapore November 2010 (press release 25 November 2010 - contact details, location, opening hours not supplied)
Emirates NBD personnel
- Emirates NBD Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Mr Rick Pudner
- Emirates NBD Chief Financial Officer (CFO) - Mr Surya Subramanian, appointment announced 13 September 2010. Previous CFO was Mr Sanjay Uppal.
- Saudi Arabia Country Manager Emirates NBD - Mohammed Al Hegelan (04 Sep 2010 press release).
Emirates NBD contact details
- Postal Address: Emirates NBD Bank, PO Box 777, Deira, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- Telephone +971-4-3160318 for internet banking helpline, tel +971-4-3100155 for branch helpline.
- Tel 600-540000 in the UAE (not toll-free) 24 hours for customer service, or 800-100 for priority customer service.
Emirates NBD subsidiaries and interests
- Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) retail operations in the UAE
- A 30 March 2010 report by Zawya Dow Jones said Emirates NBD was in talks to purchase the RBS division in the UAE. Sanjay Uppal, the CFO of Emirates NBD reportedly said "The process is on and in the following few months we'll see a conclusion to this transaction,"
- A few days later, on 06 May 2010, Reuters reported that Mr Uppal would be leaving the bank according to statements from different sources.
- And on 06 May 2010, another UAE bank, ADCB, issed a statement that said "ADCB ... can confirm that the bank is holding discussions with the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) which may or may not lead to the acquisition of RBS retail banking business in the UAE"
- Union Properties in Dubai
Emirates NBD credit card wrist watches
If you have a MasterCard credit card from Emirates NBD, you can apply for a credit card watch (since May 2009) with which you can buy stuff just by waving it at the checkout counter, or tapping it, or something. And you don't need to sign if the value of the purchase is less than AED 100. Don't lose your watch.
Emirates NBD e-payment in Saudi Arabia - press release 03 September 2010
- Emirates NBD announce that they are the first UAE bank to offer an epayment facility for government services in Saudi Arabia, called SADAD payment facility, which is managed by the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA).
- SADAD and Emirates NBD already offer customers utility bill payment services online and now can accept payments for Saudi passport fees, company or family visa fees, civil registration fees for births, deaths, marriages and divorce, driving license fees, motor vehicle registration fees, traffic fines.
New Emirates NBD bank branches
New Emirates NBD Dubai branches announced 07 July 2011
- Al Murraqabat on Abu Bakker Al Siddiqui St (opening announced 22 June 2011?)
- Dragon Mart in International City
- TECOM area near the Grand Millenium Hotel
Abu Dhabi Airport branch announced 28 June 2011
- Located in Terminal 3 in the Sky Park Plaza. Note that the branch is closed on Fridays (as are other banks in the UAE).
Al Wahda Mall Branch - 07 May 2011 press release
- New branch on Hazza Bin Zayed St next to Al Wahda Mall. Not clear if this is different or the same as a new Hazza Bin Zayed St branch that was announced 22 June 2010.
Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT) new Emirates NBD branch - 18 December 2010 press release
- New branch of Emirates NBD located on ground floor of Almas (Al Mas) Tower in JLT area. Opening date not supplied.
- New branch is a 'Gold Branch' meaning it will supply customers with "a comprehensive range of specialised gold products and services" whatever that means.
- Emirates NBD have opened 15 new branches from December 2009 to December 2010 with a total of 110 branches and 650 ATMs in the UAE as of 18 December 2010.
New Emirates NBD Al Ain branch - 13 July 2010 press release
- New Emirates NBD branch located near Bawadi Mall, in Al Quas Souk, Mazayad Road. Nearest communities are Mazyad, Um Ghafa, and Al Dhaher.
- Called the Al Bawadi Mall branch, opening hours 8am to 2pm Saturday to Thursday. Emirates NBD also have an ATM and CDM inside Al Bawadi Mall.
Hazza Bin Zayed Street new Emirates NBD branch - press release 22 June 2010
- Emirates NBD opened a new branch on Hazza Bin Zayed St in Abu Dhabi.
- Emirates NBD now has 14 branches and 48 ATMs & CDMs in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain
New Emirates NBD Al Sondos Branch and Business Banking Centre - press release 15 June 2010
- New Emirates NBD branch in Al Sondos Tower, next to the Towers Rotana Hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road.
- Opening hours Saturday to Thursday from 0800-1400 (8am-2pm)
- Al Sondos Tower Branch has one ATM and one Cash Deposit Machine (CDM)
- Emirates NBD Business Banking Center adjacent to Al Sondos Tower Branch, and offers SME clients their own Relationship Manager.
- Emirates NBD now has 5 Business Banking Centers in the UAE - others are in Sharjah, Jebel Ali, Al Ittihad, and Satwa.
New Emirates NBD Al Barsha branch - press release 28 March 2009
- 24 hour ATM with deposit, withdrawal, bill payment services
- Al Shaheen priority banking services
- Senior Manager is Yunous Al Khaja
- Total 110 Emirates NBD branches in the UAE says press release content, but the "about Emirates NBD" section says over 139 branches and 575 ATMs.
New Emirates NBD Emaar Business Park branch - 27 March 2010
- New Emirates NBD branch open at Emaar Business Park, the third Emirates NBD branch to open in 2010.
- Opening hours 0900-1600 Sunday to Thursday.
Last update Monday 06-Aug-2012. Page development 4L 5C.
- Banks in Dubai - a list of foreign and UAE banks
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi - was the largest UAE bank until NBD and Emirates Bank merged
- www.emiratesnbd.com - Emirates NBD website
- www.ebi.ae, www.emiratesbank.com and www.emiratesbank.ae forward to www.emiratesnbd.com (previously Emirates Bank websites) but www.ebi.com is for an unrelated company (Euro Brokers).
- www.nbd.com and www.nbd.ae forward to www.emiratesnbd.com (previously National Bank of Dubai websites)