The Walk Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) Dubai
The Walk Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) Dubai
The Walk Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) Dubai Marina is an oceanfront promenade with retail outlets, coffee shops and cafes, and restaurants. A very pleasant place to stroll along when it is not too hot. Not the same as Marina Walk which is also part of Dubai Marina but in a different location.
- Plaza level of The Walk is upstairs from the road, with more shops and restaurants. A new (in 2014) promenade area on the other side of the road has more shops, jogging path, cafes and restaurants, and a large movie theater complex - Reel Cinemas The Beach (open Mar 2014).
- Most shops open 1000-2200 weekdays and 1000-2400 weekends.
- Restaurants and cafes mostly open 1000 or 1100 to 2400 or 0100, some open from 0800.
- The Walk opening date in 2008, area 770,000 sq feet, developed by Dubai Properties Group, a subsidiary of Dubai Holding.
- Restaurants and cafes do not serve alcohol but some of the hotels along The Walk will have bars and restaurants with alcohol.
- Parking is difficult, especially in the evenings when traffic along The Walk slows to a crawl with all the posers in their posh cars. Update Mar 2014: underground car park available under the sand at The Beach promenade and retail area from early 2014, fees are 20 dhs per hour in 2014 (not confirmed)? Free high tide saltwater car wash not tested yet.
- Length of The Walk is 1.7 km, retail area 770,000 sq feet, total of more than 300 (or 350) retail, dining and leisure outlets. Does not include new outlets in the new retail and leisure area, The Beach (open 2014).
- *Visitor traffic over 3 million per year (04 Sep 2010 press release). Probably increased substantially since then.
Retail expansion at Jumeirah Beach Residence (2012-2014)
- Feb 2014 - expected opening date for the new mall or retail area called "The Beach", "The Beach Dubai", or "The Beach JBR". Will have restaurants, shops, and an open-air cinema. Update (Mar 2014): has a Reel Cinemas indoor cinema complex opened Mar 2014, and a large outdoor cinema screen. Total of 70 retail shops and restaurants expected to be open by summer 2014.
- 24 Sep 2012 - news reports said that Meraas Holding will construct some sort of shopping mall or retail area along the beach in front of Rimal and Amwaj sectors between the Hilton Hotel and the Sheraton Hotel. The mall will have underground carparking. Completion date is expected to be early 2014.
Coffee shops and cafes at The Walk JBR
- Caribou Coffee - Plaza level
- Paul Cafe
- Starbucks - three of them along the length of The Walk at promenade level, and if you've had enough, there's a fourth on the other side of the Plaza level along the main road, and a couple more around the marina part of Dubai Marina area.
- Tim Hortons (open 24 hrs?)
Restaurants at The Walk JBR
- Bob's Diner - not usually a first choice for a romantic dinner but became famous in 2009 for the Dubai kissing couple.
- Burger Fuel
- El Chico Restaurant - Mexican food, tel +971-4-4233828
- Fashion Lounge restaurant
- Ruby Tuesday
- The Butcher Shop & Grill
- The Noodle Room
Retail outlets at The Walk Jumeirah Beach Residence
Some or many shops have closed, this list incomplete and probably out of date.
- Al Maya supermarket at Shams
- Antik Batik
- Boutique 1
- Choithram supermarket at Amwaj
- Indigo Furniture
- Opera Shoes
- Style Outlet - sort of a factory outlet? Fashion clothing at a discount. Location Plaza level, Murjan building. Open August 2010?
- Tara Jarmon
- Virgin Megastore (closed?)
- Zara Home
Services at The Walk JBR
- Black Stallion Salon at Sadaf, open September 2010?
- Kidville Dubai in Rimal, organises children's birthday parties and other events, also provides education at the Kidville University for young ones.
- Joe & Moe Beauty Salon at Murjan, open September 2010?
- Mary Foot Spa at Rimal, open September 2010?
Events and activities at The Walk @ JBR
The Walk @ JBR timeline and history
- 05 Feb 2010 - Heritage Village opens at The Walk. Stalls with Emirati products, Emirati cultural displays and events, and a restaurant serving camel burgers (The Local House). A temporary exhibit, closed a few weeks or months later.
The Walk contact details
- Telephone The Walk Line +971-4-3900091.
Last update Sunday 23-Mar-2014. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- www.thewalk.ae - The Walk JBR website, says "coming soon" September 2010. But some of old (or new) website accesible from www.thewalk.ae/en/index.html as of September 2010.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.