The Walk Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) Dubai
The Walk Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) Dubai Marina is an oceanfront promenade with retail outlets, coffee shops and cafes, and restaurants. A very pleasant place to stroll along when it is not too hot. Not the same as Marina Walk which is also part of Dubai Marina but in a different location.
- Plaza level of The Walk is upstairs from the road, with more shops and restaurants.
- Most shops open 1000-2200 weekdays and 1000-2400 weekends.
- Restaurants and cafes mostly open 1000 or 1100 to 2400 or 0100, some open from 0800.
- The Walk opening date in 2008, area 770,000 sq feet, developed by Dubai Properties Group, a subsidiary of Dubai Holding.
- Visitor traffic over 3 million per year (04 September 2010 press release)
- Restaurants and cafes do not serve alcohol but some of the hotels along The Walk will have bars and restaurants with alcohol.
- Parking is difficult, especially in the evenings when traffic along The Walk slows to a crawl with all the posers in their posh cars.
- Length of The Walk is 1.7 km, retail area 770,000 sq feet, total of more than 300 (or 350) retail, dining and leisure outlets.
Retail expansion at Jumeirah Beach Residence (2012-2014)
- 24 Sep 2012 - news reports said that Meraas Holding will construct some sort of shopping mall or retail area along the beach in front of Rimal and Amwaj sectors between the Hilton Hotel and the Sheraton Hotel. The mall will have underground carparking. Completion date is expected to be early 2014.
Coffee shops and cafes at The Walk JBR
- Caribou Coffee - Plaza level
- Paul Cafe
- Starbucks - three of them along the length of The Walk at promenade level, and if you've had enough, there's a fourth on the other side of the Plaza level along the main road.
Restaurants at The Walk JBR
- Bob's Diner - not many people's first choice for a romantic dinner setting but became famous in 2009 for the Dubai kissing couple.
- Burger Fuel
- El Chico Restaurant - Mexican food, tel +971-4-4233828
- Fashion Lounge restaurant
- Ruby Tuesday
- The Butcher Shop & Grill
- The Noodle Room
Retail outlets at The Walk Jumeirah Beach Residence
Some or many shops have closed, this list incomplete and probably out of date.
- Al Maya supermarket at Shams
- Antik Batik
- Boutique 1
- Choithram supermarket at Amwaj
- Indigo Furniture
- Opera Shoes
- Style Outlet - sort of a factory outlet? Fashion clothing at a discount. Location Plaza level, Murjan building. Open August 2010?
- Tara Jarmon
- Virgin Megastore (closed?)
- Zara Home
Services at The Walk JBR
- Black Stallion Salon at Sadaf, open September 2010?
- Kidville Dubai in Rimal, organises children's birthday parties and other events, also provides education at the Kidville University for young ones.
- Joe & Moe Beauty Salon at Murjan, open September 2010?
- Mary Foot Spa at Rimal, open September 2010?
Events and activities at The Walk @ JBR
The Walk @ JBR timeline and history
- 05 February 2010 - Heritage Village opens at The Walk. Stalls with Emirati products, Emirati cultural displays and events, and a restaurant serving camel burgers (The Local House).
The Walk contact details
- Telephone The Walk Line +971-4-3900091
Last update Friday 28-Sep-2012. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
Related websites (new window)
- www.thewalk.ae - The Walk JBR website, says "coming soon" September 2010. But some of old (or new) website accesible from www.thewalk.ae/en/index.html as of September 2010.
- Dubai directory - add your link free