List of administrative communities in Dubai
List of Dubai Municipality administrative community areas
See also List of Communities in Dubai (duplicate page sort of, swap tables).
List of communities in Dubai, Dubai Municipality administrative divisions, classifications, areas, districts, suburbs, including Jumeirah, Deira, Umm Suqeim, Al Barsha, Al Ghusais, Al Quoz, Muhaisanah. Makani new address system.
- Country (UAE) > Emirate > City, Town, Village > District (or Area or Region) > Area (or District or Suburb) > Community (Municipality) > Street, Plot, etc.
- UAE > Abu Dhabi emirate (includes Al Ain and Western Region), Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain (UAQ).
- Dubai > Dubai city, Hatta, Jebel Ali (or is district of Dubai City), Lusaili (Lusaily)?
- Dubai City >
- Bur Dubai, Deira - divided by Dubai Creek, but then is Al Khawaneej, Mirdiff, Rashidiya, etc part of Deira or Bur Dubai?
- Al Awir (Al Aweer), Bur Dubai, Deira, Downtown Dubai (includes Business Bay), Dubai Creek, Dubai Marina (JLT included in Emirates Living?), Dubai World Central (DWC), Dubailand, Emirates Living (includes TECOM, New Dubai), Jebel Ali, Jumeirah, Dubai Waterfront (includes Palm Jebel Ali), Meydan City, Mirdif (Mirdiff), Palm Deira, Palm Jumeirah, The World.
New address system for Dubai
Makani ("my location" in Arabic) is a new address system for Dubai, being developed by the Dubai Municipality Geographic Information System (GIS) department (dates 2012-2014?).
- Phase 1 is to give each one of the 124,000 buildings in the emirate of Dubai a unique location code.
- Phase 2 is to develop a web and smartphone application for the mapping system.
- GIS is using the 10-digit Military Grid Reference System (MGRS) for building locations, which is accurate to 1 meter.
- Website at www.makani.ae.
- 19 Dec 2013 (WAMi) distribution of address coordinates expected to begin in March 2014. Distribution will be fridge magnets for private villas (and apartments?), stickers for shops, and table display for hotels.
Dubai areas or districts
- Al Barsha - Al Barsha 1, Al Barsha 2, Al Barsha 3? Al Barsha South?
- Al Barsha South - Al Barsha South 1, Al Barsha South 2, Al Barsha South 3? Part of Dubailand?
- Al Bastakia - see Bastakiyah
- Al Fahidi Historical District - see Bastakiya
- Al Ghusais (Al Qusais, Al Gusais) - includes Ghusais communities, possibly Al Twar, Muhaisnah communities.
- Al Jafiliya
- Al Khail - not a community or district in Dubai, at least not yet. But sometimes areas along Al Khail Road from Business Bay to Al Quoz and Al Barsha are referred to as Al Khail. Or could be a reference to Al Khail Gate or Al Khail Heights gated communities.
- Al Khalidiya Dubai (Al Khalidiah, Al Khalidia) - doesn't exist as a community. See Al Khalidiya in Abu Dhabi, Al Khalidiya in Sharjah, Al Khalidiah Tourism Dubai, Al Khalidiya hotel apartment Dubai.
- Al Mamzar
- Al Muhaisnah - see Muhaisnah.
- Al Safia (Al Safiah, Al Safiya, Al Safiyah) - part of Hor Al Anz in Deira, or a different name? Not the same as Al Safa in Jumeirah, Bur Dubai.
- Al Twar - Al Twar 1, Al Twar 2, Al Twar 3,
- Bastakiya - same as Al Fahidi historical district, opposite Musalla Post Office near the Dubai Creek in Bur Dubai.
- Bur Dubai
- Business Bay - Bay Avenue, Bay Square. See also Downtown Dubai
- Downtown Dubai - Al Manzil, Burj Khalifa area (?), Old Town Dubai, The Residences? Includes Business Bay or is different?
- Dubai Marina - Marsa Dubai
- Jafiliya - see Al Jafiliya.
- Jumeirah - includes Jumeirah 1, 2, 3 communities; possibly Al Manara, Al Safa, Al Wasl, Umm Suqeim communities. Does not include the Nakheel Properties Jumeirah projects or developments.
- Jumeirah Nakheel developments - Jumeirah Golf Estates, Jumeirah Heights, Jumeirah Islands, Jumeirah Park, Jumeirah Village (JV Circle and JV Triangle, no JV Square yet). All projects out towards Jebel Ali, not in Jumeirah district of Dubai.
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) (Jumeirah Lake Towers)
- Kidzania - children's community in The Dubai Mall for learning about careers and jobs.
- Mamzar - see Al Mamzar
- New Dubai
- Satwa - Al Bada'a (Al Badaa, Al Badha, Al Bahda), Al Satwa, Jumeirah 1. Maybe Al Wasl also?
- Umm Suqeim - Umm Suqeim 1, 2, 3.
Dubai districts or regions - RTA public transport plan?
Districts marked on maps used in the Dubai Public Transport Bus Master Plan by Jürgen Kaiser, date unclear (July 2007?). Used by the RTA for public transport development and fare zones?
- "Expansion Zone" - Bab Al Shams? Seih Assalam?
"The Sheik's Land" (The Sheikh's Land) - reference to MBR Gardens area (changed to MBR City)?
"Southern Residential" - JLT, Discovery Gardens, Emirates Hills, Emirates Living?
Beach Road North (Jumeirah, Satwa, Al Safa)
Beach Road South (Umm Suqeim, Umm Al Sheif, Manara (?)
Business Bay (and Downtown Dubai)
Dubai Airport North
Dubai Airport South
Dubai Industrial City
Dubai Investments Park (DIC)
Dubai Maritime City
Dubai Techno Park
Dubai Waterfront (Jebel Ali)
Dubai World Central North
Dubai World Central South
Dubailand North (Dubai Land North)
Dubailand South (Dubai Land South)
Dubiotech (Dubai Silicon Oasis)
Jebel Ali Industrial
Jumeirah Circle - see Jumeirah Village Circle (JVC).
Jumeirah Village - see JV Circle or JV Triangle.
Nad Al Sheba (Nadd Al Sheba)
Palm Jebel Ali
Palm Jumeirah and Marina (Dubai Marina)
Dubai emirates and city - districts, regions, areas
This is not an official list of districts, areas, or regions, but names that might be used or are in common usage.
- Bay Avenue
- Bay Square
- See also Downtown Dubai.
- Areas - Al Manzil, Burj Khalifa, Old Town Dubai, Southridge, The Residences, ...
- Business Bay included?
- Landmarks - Burj Khalifa, Dubai Fountains, Souk Al Bahar, Souk Al Manzil, Souk Old Town (closed), The Address Hotels, The Armani Hotel Dubai, The Dubai Mall, The Palace Hotel.
Nurseries in Downtown Dubai
List of nurseries in Downtown Dubai (Old Town Nursery page) - another list.
- Blossom Children's Nursery Downtown, Al Manzil, Old Town Dubai.
- Burj Khalifa Nursery - for Burj Khalifa tower residents only.
- [Closed] Old Town Nursery, Souk Al Manzil, Old Town Dubai.
Business Bay, Downtown Dubai
Nurseries in Business Bay
- Angel Heart Nursery, Windsor Manor Tower, opening date unknown.
- Canadian Kids Nursery, Business Bay, open January 2014.
- Creative Kids ELC Nursery BB branch, open Sep or Oct 2014. Second branch, first in Al Quoz.
- Hummingbird Nursery Bay Square branch - open late 2014.
- Learning Tree Nursery in Executive Towers, Bay Avenue - open January 2014.
- Magnolia Nursery - Al Abraj St.
- Maple Bear Preschool Burj branch, Canadian nursery, opening date planned for Jan 2015.
Downtown Jebel Ali
- See Jebel Ali.
Dubai Investment Park (DIP)
- Correct name is Dubai Investments Park, not Dubai Investment Park?
- Includes the DIP Green Community (different from the Green Community in Motorcity).
- Two community districts - DIP 1 and DIP 2? Or three if Green Community is a separate area?
Nurseries in Dubai Investments Park (DIP)
- Children's Garden Nursery and Preschool Green Community branch.
- Chubby Cheeks Nursery DIP branch, in or near the Green Community.
- Tiny Town Nursery - DIP 2, Ritaj Community.
Schools in Dubai Investments Park
- See separate page - Schools in Dubai Investments Park (DIP).
Dubai Silicon Oasis (Nadd Hessa, Nad Hessa)
- Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)
- Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA) - not really an area, an organisation, but sometimes used as a reference to DSO.
- Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) Technology Park?
Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)
- University Hospital DSO and Fakeeh Medical College - planned opening dates 2017 and 2019. See hospitals in Dubai list.
Nurseries in Dubai Silicon Oasis
- British Orchard Nursery Silicon Oasis branch
- Kensington Nursery DSO branch
Schools in Dubai Silicon Oasis
- GEMS DSO Smart School - see GEMS Wellington Academy (school was renamed).
- GEMS Wellington Academy
- International Indian High School (IIHS) - a primary (not secondary) branch of the Indian High School in Oud Metha.
- Vernus International School (not Venus), under construction in 2018-2019-2020.
Note that The Oasis School of Dubai is not in DSO area (is in Jumeirah- Umm Suqeim).
Emirates Hills, Emirates Living
- The Greens
Schools in The Greens
- Regent International School of Dubai
Dubai city - communities, sectors
Based on official Dubai Municipality community or sectors and numbers (see table below or on new page).
Abu Hail (AbuHail)
Nurseries in Abu Hail
- Bumble Beezzz Nursery and Daycare?
- The Nursery Starters (The Primary Nursery), Abu Bakker Al Sidique Rd.
- Tiny Tots Nursery, new location (previously in Al Baraha).
Schools in Abu Hail
- [Closed] Silvery Indian School - location not confirmed, might be Hor Al Anz.
Al Bada'a (Al Badaa)
- Community between Satwa and Jumeirah 1.
Nurseries and schools in Al Bada'a
- Dubai Gem Nursery, Street 2A?
- Sandcastle Nursery Dubai
Al Baraha, Deira
- Between Corniche Rd (Al Khaleej Rd) and Al Rashid Rd.
Nurseries in Al Baraha
- Happy Kids Nursery Dubai branch. On 15th St, not 17th or 21C St or Al Rasheed Rd (previous or incorrectly marked locations).
- Tiny Tots Nursery - moved to Abu Hail community.
Al Barsha - 1, 2, 3?
See also TECOM
Schools in Al Barsha
- Kings' School Al Barsha - opening September 2014.
Nurseries in Al Barsha
- The Children's Garden Nursery Barsha - in Al Barsha 2?
Al Barsha South - 1, 2, 3?
- Al Barsha South is part of Dubailand? Al Barsha is not?
Schools in Al Barsha South
- Foremarke Hall School Dubai, in DuBiotech district, new school open September 2013.
- GEMS World Academy Dubai (GM)
- JSS International School (GM)
- Nord Anglia British International School Dubai - new school open September 2014.
- Safa Community School (SCS), originally called Safa British Academy (SBA), in Al Barsha South 3, next to Dubai Miracle Gardens. Planned opening date September 2014.
Al Garhoud (Al Garhood)
See also Dubai Festival City - Deira International School, Universal American School.
Schools in Al Garhoud
- Al Khaleej Indian High School - see Gulf Indian High School (same school).
- Al Khaleej National School
- Al Mawakeb School Garhoud branch
- Al Thuraya School
- Cambridge High School
- Cambridge International School
- Deira Private School Garhoud branch
- Dubai International School Garhoud branch
- Grammar School Dubai
- Gulf Indian High School
- Indian High School Dubai - Garhoud campus (primary school), senior school is in Oud Metha.
- [Check] Lycee Libanais Francophone Prive - or in Al Muhaisnah?
- National Charity School
- New Indian Model School Dubai
- [Closed] Pakistan National High School - campus taken over by The Kindergarten Starters?
- The Kindergarten Starters
Al Garhoud schools zone or area
See Al Qusais
- Other spellings: Al Hudaibah
- Between Satwa and Al Mankhool. Sometimes referred to as Satwa.
Nurseries in Al Hudaiba
- New Dubai Nursery.
Al Jadaf (Al Jaddaf, Al Jadaff)
Schools in Al Jadaf
- Swiss International Scientific School of Dubai - proposed or planned with opening date in 2016.
- Al Jafiliya or sometimes just Jafiliya. Other spellings: Jaffiliya, Jafilia, Jafiliah, Jafiliyah, Jafiliyya, Jafiliyyah, etc.
- Al Jafliya.
Nurseries in Al Jafiliya
- Building Blocks Nursery Al Jafiliya branch. Street 55B (or 55A)?
- Little Nest Nursery Dubai, Street 2A, behind EPPCO station on Mankhool Rd. Not in Al Mankhool area as stated in some directories.
- Smart Children's Nursery, corner 44th and 7C streets.
Al Karama - see Karama heading
Al Mamzar, Deira
Al Mamzar borders the emirate of Sharjah.
- Al Mamzar Beach Park
Schools in Al Mamzar
- Al Ittihad School Al Mamzar branch.
Al Manara (Jumeirah, Umm Suqeim)
Al Manara (Al Manarah) community is between Umm Suqeim 2 and Sheikh Zayed Road.
- Nurseries in Al Manara list - moved to new page. Includes map of nursery locations.
Al Mankhool < Bur Dubai < Dubai. DM community reference number 317. See al-mankhool-notes-317.
- Description - leafy (relatively) area with villas west of Kuwait Rd (or SW). Commercial towers east of Kuwait Rd (or NE) (hotels, apartments, serviced apartments).
- Al Mankhool between Bank St and Kuwait St (Al Kuwait St), West or North part.
- Al Mankhool between Kuwait St and Sheikh Rashid Rd, East or South part.
Schools in Al Mankhool
- Al Falal Model Private School - closed? Building became Global Indian International School then Ambassador School or Kindergarten? Sort of same location on KHDA map.
- Ambassador Education Kindergarten - see nurseries.
- Ambassador Education School - entrance from 4E st (and 41A st?). Campus building on 41A, 10D, and 39A streets.
- Global Indian International School (GIIS) - renamed as Ambassador School Dubai and Ambassador Kindergarten. New owners, operators?
Nurseries in Al Mankhool
- Ambassador Kindergarten - between 10D and 12C streets. Main entrance on 10D street.
- Art Kid Nursery Home corner 31st and 29th St? Art Kids Nursery.
- British Orchard Nursery - on 33rd St.
- [Check] Cambridgeshire Nursery - on 35A St?
- De La Salle Montessori Nursery corner 28C and 23C St.
- [Check] Hope Montessori Nursery - on road 2A, opposite Masjid Mosque (check name of mosque)?
- [No] Little Nest Nursery - in Al Jafiliya, not Al Mankhool as stated in some sources.
- Toddlers International Nursery - corner Sheikh Rashid Rd and Trade Center Rd.
Locations in Al Mankhool
- Al Maktoum Center (Centre) (EM). Became Global Indian International School, then Ambassador School Dubai? Opposite Ambassador Kindergarten?
- Embassies and Consulates: Malaysian Consulate - corner 43A st and road 10D, near the Paris Medical Center.
- Landmarks: Musallah Al Eid prayer ground - on Sheikh Rashid Rd. Red phone box (unknown if operational) - on 10C st opposite road 23A.
- Medical (doctors, health centers, hospitals, specialists): Al Mankhool Community Health Centre (Al Mankhool Medical Clinic or Center) - corner 31st and 10C streets. De Paris Medical Center - corner 12C and 43A streets. Jupiter Specialty Medical Centre (was Dr Joseph's Specialty Medical Center?) - next to Karama Metro Station exit. Medicure Centre (not Medicare) - next to Hope Montessori Nursery. New Mankhool Pharmacy - next to Karama Metro Station exit.
- Nurseries and schools (childcare, daycare, kindergarten, preschool): see separate list.
GM places found
- Al Mankhool Clinic - 10C>31 st. Al Mankhool Community Healthcare Center.
- Musallah Al Eid Prayer Ground
- Petrol station on Mankhool Rd - EMARAT with McDonalds first (going direction Dubai Creek).
- Petrol station on Mankhool Rd - EPPCO with Burger King second.
- New Mankhool Pharmacy - D88 Rd?
- Masjid Mosque next to EPPCO Mankhool Rd gas station?
- Burger King - Eppco gas station.
- McDonald's - Emarat gas station.
- Consulate Malaysia - corner 10D and 43A st.
GM places nonsense
- Dubai Real Estate HQ?
- Hotel Al Shams Plaza? 10C>31 st, behind Al Mankhool Medical Center? No, only sand.
- Gazebo (restaurant?) - corner 35A and 4D st? No, somebody's house.
GM places still to check
- Al Mankhool Park 28E st.
- British Orchard Nursery 29-31-33 streets? 33rd st?
- Union Coop
- Savoy Park Hotel Apartments 35A st
- Sukh Sagar? 2B st. Nothing there?
- Dubai Smooth Properties Dubai Real Estate - Mankhool Rd near gas station?
- Dr Joseph's Specialty Medical Center - next to New Mankhool Pharmacy and Karama Metro station exit. Maybe was renamed to Jupiter ... ?
- Al Mankhool Health Center (or clinic) corner 31 and 10C?
- De Paris Medical Center (next to prayer ground)?
- Art Kid Nursery Home corner 31 and 29 st?
- De La Salle Montessori corner 28C and 23C st.
- Etisalat corner 26D and 35B?
- Union coop supermarket.
- Medical Center 2A st.
- Landmarks: Musallah Al Eid Prayer Ground
- Metro: Karama Metro Station. Renamed as ADCB Metro Station in Sep 2014.
- Nurseries: GM - British Orchard Nursery 29-31-33 streets?
- Parks: GM - Al Mankhool Park 28E st.
- Roads: Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed St - Trade Center Rd? D88?
- Supermarkets: Union Coop (Union Cooperative Society) Hypermarket.
- Transport - bus routes, cycling, metro (see separate entry).
Al Muhaisnah - see Muhaisnah
Nurseries and schools in Al Muteena
- Bangladesh Islamia School Dubai (Bangladesh Islamic English School) - location Al Muteena St? Closed in 2006 or 2007?
- Teeny Boppers Nursery Dubai?
Al Nahda (Al Nahdah)
- Al Nahda 1 and 2. See also Al Ghusais communities - nearby areas but often people refer to Al Nahda as Al Ghusais.
- Not the same as Al Nahda communities in Sharjah.
Nurseries in Al Nahda
- Pristine Rainbow Nursery, Al Nahda 2, part of Pristine Private School.
Schools in Al Nahda
- Al Ameen Private School
- Al Diyafah High School - an Indian K12 school, not a secondary school.
- Al Salam Private School
- DWC High School
- Pristine Private School
- The Carmel School
- The Central School - Indian school.
Al Quoz (1-4) and Al Quoz Industrial communities (1-4)
Note that Al Quoz 1 is a different area from Al Quoz Industrial 1 (and similarly for 2, 3, 4).
Nurseries in Al Quoz 1-2
- Kiddy Planet Nursery Al Quoz branch - open April 2013.
- Kids Academy UAE - not part of the Kids Academy Childcare nursery group. Al Quoz 1, Al Hadiqa Rd.
Schools in Al Quoz 1-2
- Allama Iqbal Islamia Pakistani School (closed).
- Dubai First School (closed).
- Dubai International School Nad Al Sheba branch.
- Our Own Indian School.
Al Quoz 4 (Al Quoz Residential)
- Jumeirah University
Nurseries in Al Quoz 3-4
- Creative Kids ELC Nursery - in Al Khail Mall. Open Mar or Apr 2014.
Schools in Al Quoz 3-4
- Credence Indian School (Credence High School).
- Deans International School Dubai (closed).
- Dubai American Scientific School (closed) (DASS).
- Deutsche Internationale Schule Dubai (DISD) (German International School in Dubai) - location previously occupied by Deans International School.
- Springdales Indian School
- See also Al Nahda - locations in Al Nahda communities sometimes referred to as being in Al Ghusais.
Nurseries in Al Ghusais
- Emirates Tender Care & Nursery - check exact location, might be in Al Nahda.
Schools in Al Ghusais 1
- Apple International School, moved or additional campus near Al Nahda?
Al Qusais School Zone, Al Ghusais 1
- Al Andalus School - renamed as AISD.
- Al Maaref Private School. Not related to Dar Al Mareefa School in Mirdiff.
- American International School Dubai (AISD). Not the same as or related to the American School of Dubai in Al Barsha. AISD is an Islamic school with a US curriculum. ASD is a US curriculum western school for North American expats.
- Amity International School Dubai
- Bilva Indian School Dubai
- Crescent English School (Crescent High School) - Indian CBSE curriculum school.
- *Dubai National School
- Dubai Scholars Private School (GM)
- School of Research Science (GM)
- Sheikh Rashid Al Maktoum Pakistani School (GM)
- The Millenium School (GM) (The Millennium School, TMS)
- The Westminster School (GM)
Al Safa 1
Al Safa 1 is district bordered by Safa Park and Umm Al Sheif Road, Sheikh Zayed Rd and Al Wasl Rd.
- Al Wasl Square - apartments and shopping center with cafes and restaurants.
- Medcare Hospital.
- Park n Shop supermarket.
Nurseries in Al Safa 1
- Adventure Kids Nursery - new in September 2013, opened where Little Scholars Academy was.
- Curious Minds Nursery - new in 2014, maybe September? Street 13.
- Little Scholars Academy - moved to Al Safa 2 for September 2013.
Schools in Al Safa 1
- Al Ittihad Private School, Jumeirah branch.
- Emirates English Speaking School.
- Jumeirah College.
- Jumeirah Primary School (JPS).
- The English College in Dubai.
Al Safa 2
Nurseries in Al Safa 2
- Home Grown Children's Eco Nursery Al Safa branch - open September 2014.
- Key Nursery Al Safa branch, Street 8A.
- Little Horizon Nursery - new name Sep 2014 for Little Scholars Academy.
- Little Scholars Academy - moved from Al Safa 1 area in Sep 2013. Renamed as Little Horizon Nursery Sep 2014.
- Littlewoods Nursery - Street 4C.
- Milestones Nursery Dubai - new American nursery, behind Spinneys center, open October 2014.
- The Palace Nursery - British nursery, new, open September 2014.
- Toddler Town British Nursery branch - open in June 2014. First branch opened in JBR April 2012.
Al Safia - see Hor Al Anz in Deira
Al Satwa - see Satwa
Al Twar communities (Al Tawar, Al Towar) - 1, 2, 3?
Al Twar 1
Schools in Al Twar 1
- New World Private School Dubai (NWPS).
- [Closed] Modern School and Nursery Dubai.
Al Twar 2, community number 227 (photos)
- Other names: Al Twar Second, Two, Al Tawar, Al Towar, AlTwar.
- Dubai Municipality Al Twar Center (EB, LS).
- UAE Cycling Federation (EB,LS)?
Schools in Al Twar 2, nurseries, kindergartens
- Al Hudaiba Primary School (LS). Al Hudaiba Girls School (EB). Al Hudaibah School? Government public school. Al Hudaibia Girls School for Basic Education, Level 1 (sign).
- Dubai Police Private Kindergarten (EB, LS).
- Dubai Police Children Kindergarten (LS). Near Dubai Police Private Kindergarten? Unknown, nothing at marked location except a villa when checked?
- Indigo Valley Nursery (LS). Indigo Valley Children's Nursery.
- Modern Renaissance School (MRS) - location given in some maps (LS) but is incorrect. MRS was in Muhaisnah 4 (closed).
- Star International School (EB), Star Intl School (LS).
Al Twar 3, community number 228
- Other names: Al Twar Third, Three, Al Tawar, Al Towar, AlTwar.
- Al Twar Park.
- Emirates Coop Society supermarket and shopping center.
- The Philippine School Dubai - was on the old campus site for Zayed University, moved to Rashidiyah in 2010?
- Zayed University old campus.
Schools in Al Twar 3
- Deira Private School Dubai (DPS)
Al Waha Villas
- Gated community at junction of Al Qudra Road and Emirates Road (E611, previously Outer Bypass Road). Near Arabian Ranches.
- Access is complicated until you know how, and looks like the authorities or developers or residents or all three groups deliberately want to keep it that way, good luck getting even your 4wd over the sand in there from Al Qudra Rd. But once you're inside it's quite pleasant.
- See Step By Step Nursery location for directions.
Nurseries in Al Waha Villa Community
- Step By Step Nursery, Layan Community.
Al Warsan - see Warsan heading
Sometimes referred to as Al Safa, perhaps because Al Safa Park is in the Al Wasl community. But Al Safa 1 and 2 communities are on the other side of Safa Park in Jebel Ali direction.
- Is sort of divided in two by 35th Street (Umm Amara Rd).
- Dubai Canal (Great Dubai Canal) from Business Bay under Sheikh Zayed Rd, through Al Wasl and Jumeirah 2 communities is being constructed during 2014-2015. Next to Safa Park, perhaps down the length of Street 55.
Al Wasl landmarks or notable buildings
- Al Amal Hospital (EB, GM) (Al Amal Psychiatric Hospital) - no longer there, closed (in 2011 or 2012?), relocating to new buildings in Al Awir (Al Aweer) by 2014 or 2015? Or reopening near old location in Al Wasl in 2014 - still a building and entrance there?
- Al Ittihad Health Center
- Jumeirah Dental Clinic (EB)? Behind Al Amal Hospital, also closed, removed?
- City Walk (new development - shops along Al Safa Rd in direction Defense roundabout and Burj Khalifa from Al Wasl Rd).
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) office
- Dubai Police (Dept of Protection, Security, & Emergency) (EB).
- Emirates NBD (opposite Life 24 hr Pharmacy in Satwa), previously called Emirates Bank.
- Fire Station (next to post office).
- Hind Bint ... Sports Hall.
- Jumeirah Post Office
- Safa Park
Schools in Al Wasl
- Al Raya Girls School (EB, GM)? Al Raya Girls Secondary School, public, MOE.
- Al Maktoum Boys School, public, Cycle 2.
- *Al Safa Boys High School?
- *Al Shafie Boys School for Further Education (sign)?
- Dubai Center for Special Needs
- Dubai Modern High School - relocated to Nad Al Sheba 3. Site taken over by JSS Private School.
- Horizon School Dubai
- Japanese School in Dubai
- JSS Private School (not the same as JSS International School in Dubailand - near Al Barsha).
Nurseries in Al Wasl
- Jumeirah International Nursery Al Wasl branch.
- Little GEMS International preschool and nursery Al Safa branch, Street 13.
- Kids Spot Nursery Dubai.
- Ladybird Nursery Jumeirah branch - in Al Wasl, not Jumeirah 1 as stated. Villas 8-10, Street 25A.
- Play and Learn Nursery Safa branch.
Al Wuheida, Deira
Al Waheda, Al Wahaida, Al Wahaida, Al Wuheda, Al Wuheida, Al Wuhaida, Al Wuheidah, Al Wuhaidah
Nurseries and preschools in Al Wuheida
- Canadian Montessori Nursery Dubai branch (CMN, CMND), also a CMN in Sharjah. Not the same as the CM Preschool in Jumeirah (planned) or Canadian Kids Nursery in Business Bay.
Downtown Dubai - see heading in districts list
Dubai Investment Park (DIP - see heading in districts list
Dubai Marina (Marsa Dubai) - includes Jumeirah Beach Residence area (JBR), The Walk, The Beach
Nurseries in Dubai Marina - not in JBR section
- Childrens Oasis Nursery Dubai Marina - previously, also, or now called Kidz Inc Nursery Dubai. Not found.
- Dubai Marina Nursery, an Emmar Education - Raffles nursery school. In A&E Building on Marina Walk.
- Little Me Nursery - planned in 2011, but delayed or cancelled?
- Kidz Inc Nursery - also or previously called Children's Oasis Dubai Marina. Is or was on Marina Walk? Closed? Not found, not listed on CON website.
Nurseries in Jumeirah Beach Residences (JBR), Dubai Marina
- British Orchard Nursery JBR branch, Shams 2, open Sep or Oct 2014.
- Family and Friends Nursery Dubai, Al Fattan building, JBR.
- Fun and Play Nursery, Sadaf 2 building, JBR. Not really a nursery school, more of a daycare, childcare, babysitting service.
- Kidz Venture - second branch planned for JBR The Walk, open late in 2014?
- Marina Village Nursery, Bahar 1 tower. A Jebel Ali Village Nursery branch.
- Monroe's Nursery (Monroes Nursery), open April 2014 in Murjan 6, JBR.
- Toddler Town British Nursery, open April 2012 in Amwaj 5, JBR.
Dubai Motorcity (Dubai Motor City) (DMC)
- See also Dubai Sports City for other nearby nurseries and schools.
Schools in Dubai Motor City
- GEMS Metropole School Dubai - open Sep 2014, British curriculum.
- *GEMS Winchester School Motorcity - might be a reference to the GEMS Metropole School?
Nurseries in Dubai Motor City
- Building Blocks Nursery Motorcity branch.
- Emirates British Nursery Motorcity branch.
- [Check] Happy Home Nursery - name not confirmed, might not have a name.
- Kidville Dubai Motorcity branch - Fox Hill 9.
Dubai Sports City (DSO)
Dubai Sports City - information page.
- See also Dubai Motor City for other nearby nurseries and schools.
- Victory Heights community
Nurseries in Dubai Sports City
- Wonder Years Nursery
Dubailand (Dubai Land)
See also Al Barsha South
Schools in The Villa, Dubailand
- *GEMS Cambridge International School Dubailand - British curriculum, opening Sep 2014, renamed as GEMS FirstPoint?
- GEMS First Point School The Villa - British curriculum, opening Sep 2014.
Schools in other areas in Dubailand
- *Ellesmere College Dubai - planned, might open Sep 2015. Location information vague.
Emirates Living - see heading in districts list
Green Community - see Dubai Investment Park (DIP) or Dubai Motor City (DMC)
- There are two Green Communities (GC) in Dubai, one in each area.
Hor Al Anz, Deira
Includes Al Safia (not Al Safa) or is a different name for the same community?
Schools in Hor Al Anz
- [Check] Little Flower Indian School?
- Omer Bin Al Khattab Model School - public boys school Cycles 2,3 (Grades 6-12).
Hor Al Anz East
Nurseries in Hor Al Anz East
- Promise Nursery - opposite Deira Main Post Office.
Hor Al Anz North, West, South
- Don't exist, at least not as official Dubai Municipality community areas.
Jebel Ali (Jabal Ali, Jebal Ali, Jabel Ali)
Jebel Ali - information page. Areas included:
- Al Muntazah (GM)?
- Discovery Gardens?
- Downtown Jebel Ali - The Galleries
- Dubai Waterfront
- Ibn Battuta Shopping Mall
- Jebel Ali 1, 2, 3 (JAFZ area)
- Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZ, JAFZA)
- Jebel Ali Free Zone Extension (GM)?
- Jebel Ali Gardens - same as The Gardens?
- Jebel Ali Industrial Area
- Jebel Ali Port (Mina Jebel Ali)
- Jebel Ali Village
- Palm Jebel Ali
- The Gardens
Jumeirah - see Jumeirah 1-3, Umm Suqeim 1-3, Al Manara, Umm Al Sheif, Al Wasl, Al Safa, Al Badaa
Separate headings for Jumeirah Islands, Jumeirah Park, Jumeirah Village (JV Circle and JV Triangle), and other Nakheel Jumeirah developments - which are all between Emirates Hills, Dubailand, and Jebel Ali. A long way from the original Jumeirah district in Dubai.
Jumeirah general or unknown
- Canadian Montessori Nursery and Preschool - planned in Jumeirah somewhere, location not given
Jumeirah 1, Jumeira 1, Jumeirah First, Jumeira First
Between Al Wasl Rd and coast, from Al Urouba St to 2nd December St (was Al Diyafah Rd). Coast section from 16th St (?) to Union House and UAE Flagpole?
Between coast and Jumeirah Beach Rd
- Al Numairy Medical Centre (EB)
- American Dental Clinic, JB Rd (beach side). Also 8A St, off Jumeirah Beach Rd opposite side (EB)?
- British Medical Consulting Centre (EB)
- Bulgarian Consulate (EB) - see Consulates.
- Chiropody Centre (EB)
- Consulates: Bulgaria (EB)?
- Dubai Islamic Bank (EB)?
- Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa (EB)
- Emirates NBD (was National Bank of Dubai)
- European Medical Centre (EB)
- Gulf American Clinic (EB)?
- International Medical Centre (EB)
- Jumeirah Beach Dental Centre (EB)
- Jumeirah Fishing Harbour, on boundary between Jumeirah 1 and 2? (OSM)
- Jumeirah Public Beach (Jumeirah Open Beach) - cycling track, jogging track, bicycle rental.
- Open Beach - see Jumeirah Public Beach
- Palm Strip Shopping Centre Plaza
- Pregnancy Centre (EB)?
- Regent Beach Resort hotel (closed?)
- Talass (medical clinic) (EB)?
- The Village Mall
- Union House and UAE Flag Pole (at end of 2nd December St, previously Al Diyafa St).
Between Jumeirah Beach Rd and Al Wasl Rd
- Agora Shopping Mall (EB, unknown)?
- Al Boom Diving Club or Center
- Berlitz Language Centre, JB Rd
- Century Plaza, JB Rd
- Choithram's supermarket, Jumeirah Beach Rd (EB, check)
- Dubai International Women's Club, JB Rd (EB)?
- Dubai Zoo - JB Rd, between Berlitz Language School and The Beach Centre.
- Gerard's Cafe, Jumeirah Center, JB Rd
- Jumeira Centre (Jumeirah Center), JB Rd
- Jumeira Mosque (Jumeirah Mosque), JB Rd
- Jumeira Plaza (Jumeirah Plaza), JB Rd
- La Maison d'Hotes (EB, closed 2010).
- Lime Tree Cafe
- Magrudy's bookshop, Jumeirah Center
- *Magrudy's Centre = Jumeirah Centre?
- Mashreq Bank, JB Rd
- McDonald's Al Wasl Rd, McDonald's Century Plaza JB Rd
- Mercato Shopping Mall
- RTA Driver Licensing office, Jumeirah Plaza
- *Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding, Jumeira Mosque (EB). Also, or, in Bastakia?
- Spinneys supermarket, in Mercato Mall
- Spinneys supermarket, between Jumeirah Center and Jumeirah Mosque.
- The Beach Centre
- The One furniture shop, JB Rd next to Jumeirah Mosque.
- Town Centre shopping mall
Embassies and consulates in Jumeirah 1
- Iran consulate, Al Wasl Rd (EB)?
Hospitals, health centers, dentists, medical clinics in Jumeirah 1
- Al Mousa Medical Centre, Al Wasl Rd (EB)
- Al Rustom's Skin and Laser Clinic, JB Rd (EB)
- American Dental Clinic, 8A St, off Jumeirah Beach Rd. Also JB Rd (beach side) (EB)?
- British Dental Clinic, Al Wasl Rd (EB)
- Dr Fakih Gynaecology and Obstetrics Centre, JB Rd (EB)
- Dream Care Centre (EB)
- Dubai London Clinc, Al Wasl Rd (EB)
- Dubai Physiotherapy Clinc, Al Wasl Rd (EB)
- General Medical Centre, off JB Rd in Magrudy's Centre or Jumeirah Center (EB)
- Health Care Medical Centre, off JB Rd (EB)
- Iranian Hospital Poly Clinic, Al Wasl Rd opposite Iranian Hospital in Al Badaa (Al Bada'a) (EB)
- Jumeirah Family Clinic, near Mercato (EB)
- Manchester Clinic, JB Rd (EB)
- Medical International Specialist Centre (EB)
- Royal Medical Centre x2, Al Wasl Rd (EB)
- Scandanavian Medical Clinic (EB)
- Smile Care Dental Clinic (EB)
Kindergartens and nurseries in Jumeirah 1
- Al Rabeeh Kindergarten (EB)
- Green Grass Nursery - almost in Jumeirah 2 (just off Al Urouba St).
- Kidzania Nursery - new in early 2014 (March or April?). Renamed as Kidzidol Nursery.
- Le Petit Bout Chou French nursery
- [Check] My Nursery Dubai
- [Closed] Rainbow Nursery, behind Mercato Mall (EB). Villa 16B, Street 73A (EM).
Schools in Jumeirah 1
- Al Shurooq Private School (EB)
- American School of Dubai (ASD) (moved to Al Barsha) - is now Jumeirah Baccalaureate School?
- Jumeirah Baccalaureate School - on site previously occupied by ASD?
Jumeirah 2, 2nd, Two, Second
Nurseries in Jumeirah 2
- Emerald City Nursery Dubai - on 21st Street.
- Kid's Way International Nursery School (KWINS) - on 5A Street.
- Small World Nursery - Street 16.
- The Children's Garden Nursery Jumeira branch - on Jumeirah Beach Rd.
Jumeirah 3, 3rd, Three, Third. Or Tree if you're Irish.
Jumeirah 3 roads renamed
- See notes-002-j3-352.
Nurseries in Jumeirah 3
- Banan Nursery, new September 2014.
- Kids Academy Nursery Jumeirah - opening date April 2014.
- Mulberry Tree Montessori Nursery - new name for Princess Montessori Nursery. Corner Al Dustoor and Al Safeena streets.
- Princess Montessori Nursery - renamed as Mulberry Tree Montessori Nursery.
Jumeirah named areas not in Jumeirah
- Jumeirah areas - list moved to Jumeirah page.
Schools in Jumeirah Islands
- Dubai British Foundation - a preschool kindergarten for FS1 and FS2 students, British curriculum, opening September 2014.
Jumeirah Park is the name of a community development by Nakheel Properties, located towards Jebel Ali suburb of Dubai, and a long way from Jumeira communities. Not to be confused with:
- Jumeirah Beach Park - a public park on the coast in Jumeirah 2 community.
- Safa Park - a large public park in the Al Wasl community but often thought of as being in Jumeirah (Al Wasl is across Al Wasl Road from Jumeirah 2).
Schools in Jumeirah Park
- British curriculum school (developer Taaleem Education Group), opening September 2015 for Years 1-13 students.
Schools in or near Jumeirah Park and Jumeirah Islands
For schools near Jumeira Park and Jumeira Islands see The Gardens (Jebel Ali Gardens) area, Emirates Hills (The Springs) areas, and possibly Al Barsha South (Dubailand) area.
- Emirates International School Meadows branch, Emirates Hills area
- Dubai British School (DBS), Springs 3
- Dubai International Academy (DIA), opposite Jebel Ali Racecourse
- Regent International School (RIS), opposite Jebel Ali Racecourse
- *The Winchester School (GEMS Winchester School), Jebel Ali Gardens (The Gardens) behind Ibn Battuta Shopping Mall.
- Delhi Private School, behind The Winchester School.
- JSS International School, Al Barsha South, Dubailand, opposite Jumeirah Village Circle community (not JSS Private School in Al Wasl community, Jumeirah area).
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT)
Jumeirah Lakes Towers - information page.
- JLT is a development with 79 high-rise mixed use towers consisting of residential and commercial office space. Towers are built in clusters of 3, around 3 lakes and a park (which was previously a 4th lake).
- JV Circle (JVC) and JV Triangle (JVT). No other JV Square, JV Dodecahedron, or other geometrical shapes ... yet?
- A Nakheel Properties development. Apartment blocks and towers, townhouses, villas.
- Quiet and relatively peaceful except for construction noise. Limited facilities (shops, restaurants, supermarkets) but improving in 2014 and 2015. Should be reasonable to good by end 2015. Some home delivery by restaurants in 2014 and 2015.
- Restricted access, expect traffic jams to develop or get much worse as population increases unless better access from main roads provided. Similar to Discovery Gardens from 2012 until early 2015.
- No public bus routes yet (but some planned according to the RTA ... one day), and limited taxi service. Difficult or impossible to flag one down, need to call and book.
- Security and crime issues. Cars, homes broken into. Car thefts and vandalism. Bicycles, dogs, etc stolen from outside homes. Lack of police patrols. Ref "Police start patrolling Jumeirah Village Triangle as residents complain of increase in petty thefts", Gulf News, 12 Feb 2014.
Schools in Jumeirah Village Circle or Triangle
- [Planned] Arcadia Preparatory or Primary School, location given as JVT, opening date given as Sep 2016. Name also seen as Jumeirah Village Academy or similar.
- [Proposed] Cambridge International School, GEMS school proposed in 2009 but no further updates as of 2014.
- [Planned] Sunmarke School, location given as JVT ... probably. Map supplied was for JVC. Opening date given as 2016.
Jumeirah Village Circle (JVC)
Nurseries in Jumeirah Village Circle
- Ladybird Nursery JVC branch - under construction in 2014? Opening date in 2015?
Jumeirah Village Triangle (JVT)
End Jumeirah Village section
- Happy Home Nursery Dubai.
Majan, Al Barari
Majan community number 645 (reference street signs)
- Nad Al Sheba
- Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City (MBR City)
- Sobha Hartland - in MBR City.
Schools in Meydan City areas
- Hartland International School - in Sobha Hartland project.
- International Concept for Education (ICE Dubai) - in Meydan City, Nad Al Sheba.
- Kent College Canterbury Dubai - in Meydan City.
- Lycee Francais Internationale Meydan - renamed as International Concept for Education Dubai.
- Sobha International Academy - in Meydan City.
Mirdif, Mirdiff community sector
- Other names:
Nurseries, kindergartens, preschools in Mirdiff
- Emirates British Nursery Mirdiff branch.
- Kids Cottage Nursery Mirdif - became LearningLand Nursery in July 2012?
- Learning Land Nursery - Al Shorooq Villas.
- Small Steps Nursery - corner streets 35C and 66A.
Schools in Mirdif
- Dar Al Ma'arifa Private School, not related to Al Marifa School in Al Ghusais.
- Kalimati Speech and Language Center - not a school but a therapy center for children with speech and language disorders or special needs.
- Ontario Canadian International School of Dubai, behind Uptown Mirdiff, opening Sep 2014 in the buildings previously used by Uptown Primary School.
- Star International School Mirdif branch - corner 24B and 29C streets, next to Abaya Mall.
- Uptown High School (UHS) or Uptown Secondary School - incorrect location marked on some maps but might refer to the new Uptown School which has primary and secondary sections. UHS was in Muhaisnah 4 community but closed in June 2011.
- Uptown Primary School (UPS) (relocated to Uptown School) - location was behind Uptown Mirdiff shopping area before moving to new Uptown School site.
- Uptown School (Uptown Private School, Uptown International School, Uptown K12 School). New site corner Algeria and Tripoli streets. Was also sometimes used as the name of the Uptown Primary School campus behind Uptown Mirdif.
Mohammed Bin Rashid City (MBR City)
See also Meydan City heading.
- Mohammed Bin Rashid City - District One
- Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City
- Mohammed Bin Rashid Gardens
Muhaisnah area or district - 1, 2, 3, 4
- Al Muhaisnah, AlMuhaisnah, Muhaisna, Muhaisana, Muhaisanah, Al Mohaisinah.
- Near or part of Al Ghusais (Al Qusais) area, sometimes referred to as Al Ghusais.
- Community sectors Muhaisnah 1, 2, 3, 4.
Schools in Muhaisnah 1
- Buds Public School (Buds Private School)
Muhaisnah 4 community sector 245
- Other names: Al Muhaisnah Fourth, Four, Muhaisna, Al Muheysna, Muheysnah, Muhaysna, Muhaysnah, Muhaisana, Muhaisanah
- Near Al Ghusais (Al Qusais), sometimes referred to as Al Ghusais. Close to border with Sharjah.
- Lulu Village shopping center.
- Madina Mall shopping center (Medina Mall).
- McDonald's Lulu Village
- RTA Dubai Taxi depot or HQ.
Schools in Muhaisnah 4
- Al Hesn Private School (Al Hisn Private School) - on site previously occupied by Uptown High School, and before that Modern Renaissance School.
- Al Majid Indian School (Al Majed, Al Majd English School, Private School) - closed? Site became Indian Academy Dubai?
- European School of Dubai - closed or relocated? Site became Russian International School in Dubai sometime in 2009-2010?
- Gulf Model School (GMS)
- Lycee Libanais Francophone Prive (LLFP), French Lebanese Private School.
- Mar School (GM) - unknown, marker in location of Philidelphia Private School.
- Modern Renaissance School Dubai (MRS) - closed, site became Uptown High School, then Al Hesn Private School.
- Philadelphia Private School (PPS, PPSD)
- Russian International School (Russian School of Dubai), moved from Al Wuheda to Muhaisnah in 2009 or 2010? Site previously occupied by the European School of Dubai.
- The Indian Academy of Dubai.
- The Oxford School Dubai.
- United International Private School (UIPS)
- Uptown High School (UHS) - closed, site is now Al Hesn Private School, was Modern Renaissance School (closed) before UHS moved in. Another location given near Lulu Village (GM) is incorrect - is an apartment building. Uptown School in Mirdiff is starting a secondary school section from September 2013. Owner of both schools is Taaleem.
Nad Al Sheba (Nadd Al Sheba, Nad Al Shiba, Nad Al Shibba) 1, 2, 3, 4
- See also Meydan City heading.
Schools in or not in Nad Al Sheba
- Dubai International School Nad Al Shiba branch - is in Al Quoz 1, not Nad Al Sheba despite the name.
- Kings College Dubai - planned school, probably renamed as the Kings Dubai School Nad Al Sheba project.
Nad Al Sheba 2 (615)
- Dubai Civil Defense.
- Dubai Municipality building.
- Library? Marked on community sign as next to or in DM building but not found. Not in Dubai Public Libraries list.
- Nad Al Shiba Shooting Club.
- Sellibar Mall, under construction in 2019, maybe open in 2020 or 2021, next to Union Coop, Plot No. 6150381.
- Union Coop supermarket and community centre: Darley Cafe, HumYum Restaurant, Juice Spa & Salon, Karaz Chocolate, Manita and Sunita Beauty Salon, Marina Pharmacy.
Site visit Nov 2019.
Nad Al Sheba 3
- Nad Al Sheba Mall, Nad Al Shiba 3, under construction 2019-2020.
Schools in Nad Al Sheba 3
- GEMS Modern Academy (renamed from Dubai Modern High School in April 2013).
- Kings' School Nad Al Sheba - opening September 2014.
- Repton School Dubai.
Nad Al Sheba 4 (617)
- Aswaaq supermarket and community centre: Al Rifai Roastery, Blush and Brush Beauty Boutique, Health First pharmacy, Nthree Restaurant, Rerotti Men's Salon, Shahad Al Emarat, Universal Laundry, Zero Four Specialty Coffee cafe. ATMs: Dubai Islamic Bank, Emirates NBD.
- Mosque, different architecture from most mosques in Dubai. Next to World Canadian School construction site.
- Public Parks: Blossoms Park, next to Aswaaq Mall.
Schools in Nad Al Sheba 4
- Rising School (not Rising Star), open 2017?
- Riverston School Dubai (not Riverton).
- World Canadian School, under construction (cancelled or abandoned, site visit 2019).
Site visit Nov 2019.
Schools in Oud Metha
- Al Rashed Al Salah School?
- Dubai English Speaking School (DESS)
- Dubai Gem School?
- English Language School Dubai?
- [Check] GEM Private School (GM - IHS map)? Or typo for Dubai Gems School?
- Indian High School Dubai - senior school. Junior school campuses in Al Garhoud and Dubai Silicon Oasis.
- [Check] Indian Secondary School (GM - IHS map)?
- Lycee Francais International Dubai (AFLEC French School)
- Lycee Georges Pompidou Ecole primaire Dubai (French primary school)
- Pakistan Education Academy.
- St Mary's Catholic High School (is a K-12 school)
- Winchester School Dubai - Oud Metha branch (GEMS Winchester School).
- Was under construction. Plans cancelled and revived as a new, smaller, project: Deira Islands.
Palm Jebel Ali
- Was under construction. As of 2015 construction halted, suspended, cancelled indefinitely, or abandoned. No recent progress information provided.
See Palm Jumeirah page.
- No schools on Palm Jumeirah despite what other directories say (as of 2015), but there were some vague plans or proposals, probably abandoned or suspended indefinitely since the financial crisis and property crash in Dubai 2008-2010. Highly unlikely any schools will open in 2015, 2016, 2017. Maybe after 2018 or 2019 if plans are revived but don't count on it. Logistics make it an unrealistic idea - not enough families living on the Palm Island except perhaps for a small community primary school, and families living on mainland Dubai have enough choices not to be interested in commuting to Palm Jumeirah.
- Only a couple of nurseries:
- Asya's Nursery
- [Closed, check] Children's Oasis Palm Jumeirah branch (Children's Oasis Play Centre) - might be summer camp or day care center only. Was in operation from 2010-2012 only?
Rashidiya, Rashidiyah, Al Rashidiya
- Includes Nad Shamma (Nadd Shamah) area?
Schools in Nadd Shamma
- Al Maaref High School (Al Maarif Secondary School) - public boys high school, not related to Al Maaref Private School in Al Ghusais.
Schools in Rashidiya
- The Philippine School of Dubai (GM) (previous location Al Twar 3) - behind Rashidiyah Shopping Centre? Was the location of Ahmed Bin Rashid School for Basic Education (EB)?
Satwa (Al Satwa)
- Between Sheikh Zayed Road and Al Bada'a (Al Badaa) area.
Nurseries in Satwa
- British Berries Nursery, new in Sep 2014.
- Kids Kampus Nursery, new in Aug or Sep 2014.
Tecom is the name of an area in Dubai near Al Barsha, The Greens, and Sheikh Zayed Road consisting of residential apartment towers, commercial and office towers, and hotel and serviced apartment towers. TECOM Investments is the name of a holding company for several free zones in Dubai including ones near the TECOM area - Dubai Internet City, Dubai Knowledge Village, and Dubai Media City.
Sharing apartments in Tecom area
- Many apartments in the Tecom area are rented out by a primary tenant who then sublets bedrooms on a monthly basis to additional tenants. Sharing apartments and villas in Dubai is common but is also either illegal or a grey area in terms of the law, unless the people sharing belong to the same family.
- 12 Feb 2014 - Gulf News Express reported that some building management companies in the Tecom area are issuing eviction notices to tenants if they are found sharing apartments not in accordance with the leasing terms and conditions, for example buildings which only allow families to rent apartments. Management companies are also requiring tenants who leave to apply for a permit before moving out - this is to confirm that the person moving out is the person who signed the rental or lease agreement. A statement from Tecom said "It is the responsibility of building owners what management rules and regulations they put in place in terms of tenants occupying their buildings, but these must be in line with government regulations. Tecom Investments has no responsibility in this regard."
Nurseries in TECOM area
- Happy Learning Nursery - new in September 2013, located in Damac Smart Heights Tower.
- See also TECOM.
Umm Al Sheif (Umm Sheif)
Other names: Um Al Shaif, Umm Sheif.
- Sometimes referred to as Umm Suqeim. Is community district between Umm Suqeim 3 and Sheikh Zayed Rd.
- Boundary roads are Al Wasl Rd, Sheikh Zayed Rd, Umm Suqeim Rd, Al Thanya Rd.
- Note that Umm Al Sheif Rd divides Al Safa 1 and 2 communities, and Jumeirah 3 and Umm Suqeim 1 communities. It is not in or near the Umm Al Sheif community area.
- Almost all accommodation is in villas. One community of townhouses - Emirates Oasis Villa or Village Compound (to be demolished in February 2015). No apartment buildings. On small shopping center on Al Thanya Rd.
- Kazakhstan Consulate in Dubai - on Street 3, behind Emirates International School.
- McDonald's dine in and drive through - petrol station on Al Wasl Rd.
- Mosques: next to Umm Al Sheif Park 1, Princess Haya Center, on 4th Street,
- Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein Cultural and Islamic Centre - Street 10A.
- Russian Consulate in Dubai - Street 6B, near corner with Street 19A.
- Waitrose supermarket and small shopping center with Mugg and Bean coffee shop - Al Thanya Rd.
Emirates Oasis Villas
- Gated community of townhouses and villas at corner of Al Thanya Rd and Sheikh Zayed Rd, next to Emirates International School.
- Developer Al Habtoor Group, property manager Asteco Property Management.
- Eviction letters sent in February 2014 with a September 2014 deadline for moving out. An example of how Dubai property laws are sometimes confusing. Rent law says 12 months notice of eviction must be given. Presumably the company involved didn't know that, or has enough wasta to ignore the property laws since tenants protested to the authorities to no avail. One report said "Tenants who approached the Land Department were told the February eviction letter was not valid" (The National 21 May 2014), but despite that, tenants were still "encouraged" to move out by the deadline - demolition work started in areas around the occupied villas making it difficult and dangerous to continue living there.
Nurseries in Umm Al Sheif community
- Blossom Children's Nursery, Street 10A.
- Emirates British Nursery Umm Suqeim branch, Umm Suqeim Rd but access from Al Thanya Rd exit off Sheikh Zayed Rd.
- Kidzone Nursery Al Wasl (Kids Zone branch), street 19A, off Al Wasl Rd. New branch of KZN in Dubailand.
- Le Jardin Enchante French nursery, Street 12B.
- Little House Nursery - new in December 2013, Street 10A, near Star International School Umm Sheif branch.
Schools in Umm Al Sheif community
- Emirates International School (EIS) Jumeirah Umm Suqeim branch, Al Thanya St.
- Horizon International School - previously called SIS. On corner of streets 9A and 10A.
- Star International School Umm Sheif (or SIS Jumeirah) - renamed in Aug 2014 as Horizon International School.
- British Orchard RTA Nursery - RTA headquarters, only for children of RTA HQ staff.
Umm Suqeim 1, 2, 3
- Um, Umm, Sequim, Sequeim, Suqiem, Suqueim, Suqeem, Sequeim etc. Along Dubai coast between Jumeirah and Al Sufouh.
- Um Suquem, Umm Suqiem, Um Sqam, Umm Suqueim (Union Coop).
- Not Umm Al Quwain (UAQ) which is one of the seven emirates in the UAE, north of Dubai between Ajman (Sharjah actually) and Ras Al Khaimah (RAK). Don't get lost.
- Roads renamed in US 1, 2, 3 from numbers to street names.
- Nurseries in Umm Suqeim - list of most nurseries in Umm Suqeim communities.
Umm Suqeim 1
Roads renamed in 2013? From numbers to names.
Nurseries in Umm Suqeim 1
- Aspin Nursery
- Kids Cottage Nursery
Umm Suqeim 2
Information in italics not checked yet.
- Azerbaijan consulate in Dubai (GM)
- Danish consulate in Dubai (GM)
- Advanced Radiology Centre branch (GM)
- Sama Medical Center (GM)
- Starbucks drive-through (Jumeirah Beach Rd)
- Al Safa Veterinary Clinic (GM)
- Vienna Veterinary Clinic (GM)
- Umm Suqiem 2 Park 1 (GM)
- Choithram's supermarket, Al Wasl Rd, opposite J3 Mall (also a Choithrams in J3 Mall).
- Wellbeing Medical Centre (GM)
- Specialist Medical Centre (GM)
Nurseries in Umm Suqeim 2
- Babyland Nursery - in Al Manara community not Umm Suqeim (as given in nursery location information).
- Budding Kids Nursery, Villa 68, Al Hassla St (36B).
- Childrens Oasis Nursery Burj branch, Villa 176, Street 37A? Near corner with Street 22?
- Childrens Oasis Nursery Umm Suqeem branch, Villa 10, Street 23.
- Dovecote Nursery Jumeirah branch (GMx2)
- Home Grown Children's Eco Nursery Umm Suqeim branch
- Odyssey Nursery Dubai branch
- Play and Learn Nursery
- The Developing Child Center (TDCC) (GM)
- Willow Nursery (GM)
Schools in Umm Suqeim 2
- Collegiate American School (CAS) - previously Raffles International School North Campus
- Hind Bint Maktoom School (Cycle 1) - public government school, next to CAS.
Umm Suqeim 2 roads renamed from numbers to street names
|Old number||New name||Notes|
|[Check] 16A||Al Nay St (GM) or Al Shawari St (GIS)?|
|22||Al Beteel St (Al Bateel, Al Bateen)|
|9C||Al Sanbook St (Al Sanbouk)|
|19B||Al Miyani St|
|23||Al Banoosh St|
|29B||Al Riga'a St (Al Rigga)|
|31B||Al Geettan St (Al Geetan)|
|35B||Al Doom St|
|35C||Albay St (Al Bay)|
Umm Suqeim 3
- DM community number 366?
- Landmarks - Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Madinat Jumeirah, Wild Wadi.
[When?] Umm Suqeim 3 roads renamed from numbers to street names
|Old number||New name||Notes|
|16||Al Jali St|
|20||Al Baghla St|
|[Check] 15 or 15A||Al Saqool St (GIS) or Al Sheera, Al Sheraa, Al Shera St (GM)?|
|17||Doesn't exist, see 17A, 17B, 17C|
|17A||Al Sikkan, Al Sikan St (GIS)|
|21||Al Kait St|
|27||Al Mashowa St|
Nurseries in Umm Suqeim 3
- Fantasyland Montessori Nursery School [Renamed as First Steps Nursery].
- First Steps Montessori Nursery, previously called Fantasy Land Nursery.
- Golden Beach Nursery, previously Knightsbridge Nursery, Street 17A (not 17), road renamed as Al Sikkal St.
- Jebel Ali Village Nursery.
- Kiddy Planet Nursery and ELC.
- Kids Palace Nursery.
- Knightsbridge Nursery, Street 17A [Closed, reopened as Golden Beach Nursery].
- Raffles International School nursery and pre-school (South Campus).
Schools in Umm Suqeim 3
- Kings School Dubai
- Raffles International School (RIS) - previously Raffles International Schools South Campus.
- Raffles World Academy (RWA) - Raffles International Schools West Campus renamed.
Warsan 1, 2, 3?
- Al Warsan, Waarsan, Warsaan.
- International City - see new page.
Nurseries in Warsan
- British Orchard Nursery - DEWA office, Warsan.
Table list of DM community areas, districts, sectors
- See also areas and suburbs of Dubai for general descriptions of some communities.
- Entries in grey are unconfirmed or need updating.
- Community numbers mostly from 2000 GIS population data, newer ones from 2015 DSC population data 2015, site visits.
- Population figures are probably inaccurate, especially for any of the newer developments (most of "New Dubai" had a population of 0 in the year 2000).
- Add, delete, change:
- Al Barari
- Al Barsha South 1, 2, 3
- Al Hebiah 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Al Marmoom
- Al Yalayis 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Al Yufrah 1, 2
- Legends (or Living Legends)
- Jumeirah Islands?
- Jumeirah Village - Circle and Triangle?
- Palm Deira - changed to Deira Islands?
- The Villa, Dubailand
- Umm Al Daman
- Umm Al Momeneen
- Umm Nahad 1, 2, 3, 4
- Wadi Al Safa 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
|Community name (DM)||Other names||Suburb
|Abu Hail||AbuHail||126||1.27 km²||21,414||32,753|
|Al Awir First||Al Aweer 1||Al Awir||711|
|Al Awir Second||Al Aweer 2||Al Awir||721|
|Al Bada||Al Badaa, Al Bada'a, Al Badah||333||0.82 km²||18,816|
|Al Baraha||122||1.104 km²||7,823||22,318|
|Al Barsha First||Al Barsha 1, Al Barshaa, Al Barsha'a||373|
|Al Barsha Second||376|
|Al Barsha Third||375|
|Al Barsha South First||671|
|Al Barsha South Second||672|
|Al Barsha South Third||673|
|Al Buteen||114||0.07 km²||2,364||5,801|
|Al Corniche||Different from Corniche Deira (121)?||111||1,489|
|Al Dhagaya||Al Dagaya||113||0.125 km²||10,896||19,690|
|Al Garhoud||Al Garhood, Garhoud||Deira||214||4 km²||4,466|
|Al Guoz Fourth||See Al Quoz 4, Al Ghoz 4||359|
|Al Hamriya, Dubai||Al Hamriyah, Hamriya||Bur Dubai||313||0.72 km²||15,104|
|Al Hamriya Port||Deira||131||0.89 km²||83|
|Al Hudaiba||Al Hudaibah||322||0.84 km²||7,699|
|Al Jaddaf||Al Jadaf, Jadaf, admin areas 326-329||326||7.3 km²||2,990|
|Al Jafiliya||Al Jafiliyah, Jafilya||Bur Dubai||323||1.63 km²||11,619|
|Al Karama||Karama, Karamah||Bur Dubai||318||1.509 km2||45,674|
|Al Khabisi||Al Khabeese, Al Khabese, Al Khbeesi||128||1.255 km²||6,737||2,144|
|Al Khwaneej First||Al Khawaneej 1||281|
|Al Khwaneej Second||Al Khawaneej 2||282|
|Al Kifaf||324||0.8 km²||35|
|Al Mamzar||Mamzar, Al Mamzer||134||3.35 km²||2,260|
|Al Manara||363||2.1 km²||2,147|
|Al Mankhool||Mankhool||Bur Dubai||317||1 km2||16,013|
|Al Merkad||Al Merkadh||347||139|
|Al Mina||321||3.10 km²||4,183|
|Al Mizhar First||Al Mizhar 1, Al Mezhar 1||262||11.2 km²||4,326|
|Al Mizhar Second||263||11.2 km²||4,326|
|Al Muraqqabat||Muraqabat, Muraqabbat, Murqabat||124||0.78 km²||32,395||56,522|
|Al Murar||Al Murrer||117||0.41 km²||19,831||39,020|
|Al Mushrif||Mushrif, Mushriff||252|
|Al Muteena||123||1.12 km²||18,094||36,902|
|Al Muteena First||265||1.12 km²||18,094|
|Al Muteena Second||266||1.12 km²||18,094|
|Al Nahda First||231||3.18 km²||600|
|Al Nahda Second||241||3.18 km²||600|
|Al Nasr||Al Naser||Bur Dubai||319||1.5 km²||2,469|
|Al Quoz First||Al Quoz 1, Al Qoz 1, Al Quz 1, Al Qoze 1||Al Quoz||354||27.1 km²||16,719|
|Al Quoz Second||Al Quoz||355||27.1 km²||16,719|
|Al Quoz Third||Al Quoz||358||27.1 km²||16,719|
|Al Quoz Fourth||Al Quoz 4, Al Ghoz 4, Al Guoz 4||Al Quoz||359|
|Al Quoz Industrial First||Al Quoz Industrial Area 1||Al Quoz||364||27.1 km²||16,719|
|Al Quoz Industrial Second||Al Quoz||365||27.1 km²||16,719|
|Al Quoz Industrial Third||Al Quoz||368||27.1 km²||16,719|
|Al Quoz Industrial Fourth||Al Quoz||369||27.1 km²||16,719|
|Al Qusais First||Al Gusais 1, Al Qhusais 1||Al Ghusais||232||15,502|
|Al Qusais Second||Al Ghusais||233||7,657|
|Al Qusais Third||Al Ghusais||234||7,506|
|Al Qusais Industrial First||Al Ghusais||242||2,099|
|Al Qusais Industrial Second||Al Ghusais||243||2,090|
|Al Qusais Industrial Third||Al Ghusais||246||162|
|Al Qusais Industrial Fourth||Al Ghusais||247||206|
|Al Qusais Industrial Fifth||Al Ghusais||248||1|
|Al Raffa||Al Rafa, Al Raffah||316||1.24 km²|
|Al Ras||Al Rass, AlRas||Deira||112||0.20 km²||6,812||13,745|
|Al Rashidiya||Rashidiya, Rashidiyah||216||4.41 km²||22,326|
|Al Rigga||Al Riga, Al Rega||119||0.89 km²||5,684||13,580|
|Al Ruwayya||Al Ruwaya, admin areas 630-639?|
|Al Sabkha||Al Sabka||115||0.13 km²||2,627||4,988|
|Al Safa First||Al Safa 1, Al Saffa 1||Jumeirah||353||4.5 km²||6,291|
|Al Safa Second||Jumeirah||357||4.5 km²||6,291|
|Al Safouh First||Al Sufouh 1, Al Sofouh 1||372||7.6 km²||3,337|
|Al Safouh Second||382||7.6 km²||3,337|
|Al Satwa||Satwa||Bur Dubai||334||2.87 km²||30,147|
|Al Shindagha||Al Shindaghah, Al Shindagah||Bur Dubai||311||0.26 km²||16|
|Al Souq Al Kabeer||Al Suq Al Kabir||Bur Dubai||312||26,405|
|Al Twar First||Al Tawar 1||226||6.8 km²||18,457|
|Al Twar Second||227||6.8km²||18,457|
|Al Twar Third||228||6.8 km²||18,457|
|Al Warqa'a First||Al Warqa 1, Al Warqaa 1||421||21.6 km²||5|
|Al Warqa'a Second||422||21.6 km²||5|
|Al Warqa'a Third||423||21.6 km²||5|
|Al Warqa'a Fourth||424||21.6 km²||5|
|Al Warqa'a Fifth||Mushrif Heights||425||21.6 km²||5|
|Al Waheda||132||1.41 km²||9,856|
|Ayal Nasir||116||0.17 km²||13,077||26,456|
|Bu Kadra, Bukadra (GIS 2000)||2019: 611 (unanmed) adjacent RAK Ind 1 and NAS 2 map sign.||611||1.7 km²||195|
|Business Bay||Dubai Business Bay||345|
|Corniche Deira||Deira Corniche, different from Al Corniche (111)?||121||0|
|Downtown Burj Dubai||Downtown Burj Khalifa||345|
|Downtown Jebel Ali||501|
|Dubai Festival City||DFC||411||2,210|
|Dubai International Airport||Administrative areas 221-224||106|
|Dubai Internet City||DIC|
|Dubai Investment Park First||Dubai Investments Park 1 (DIP)||598|
|Dubai Investment Park Second||Dubai Investments Park 2||597|
|Dubai Knowledge Village||DKV, KV|
|Dubai Marina (Marsa Dubai)||includes Jumeirah Beach Residence||Al Sufouh||392|
|Dubai Maritime City|
|Dubai Media City||DMC|
|Dubai Motor City|
|Dubai Silicon Oasis (Nadd Hessa)||One of admin regions 630-639?|
|Emirates Hill First||Emirates Hills 1||393||12.3 km²|
|Emirates Hill Second||Emirates Hills 2, Emirates Lakes||388||12.3 km²|
|Emirates Hill Third||Emirates Hills 3||394||12.3 km²|
|Emirates Hill Fourth||Emirates Hills 4||395||12.3 km²|
|Hor Al Anz||127||4.18 km²||40,342||63,875|
|Hor Al Anz East||133||4.18 km²||40,342|
|International City||Warsan 1, Warisan 1||621|
|Jebel Ali 1||383||47.1 km²||31,634|
|Jebel Ali 2||384||47.1 km²||31,634|
|Jebel Ali Conservation Area|
|Jebel Ali Free Zone||JAFZA, areas 511-529|
|Jebel Ali Industrial||599||47.1 km²||31,634|
|Jebel Ali Village||500||24,992|
|Jumeira First||Jumeirah 1||Jumeirah||332||6.9 km2||26,499|
|Jumeira Second||Jumeirah 2||Jumeirah||342||6.9 km2||26,499|
|Jumeira Third||Jumeirah 3||Jumeirah||352||6.9 km2||26,499|
|Jumeira Lakes Towers||Jumeirah Lake Towers||Al Sufouh||393|
|Majan||2019: 645 ref street signs||645|
|Marsa Dubai||Dubai Marina||Al Sufouh||392|
|Muhaisanah Fourth||Al Muhaisna 4, Muhaisnah 4||245||13 km²||90,870|
|Muhaisanah Second||264||13 km²||90,870|
|Muhaisanah Third||244||13 km²||90,870|
|Muhaisnah First||261||13 km²||90,870|
|Nad Al Hammar||Nadd Al Hamar||416||8.4 km²||2,563|
|Nadd Al Shiba First||Nad Al Shiba 1, Nad Al Sheeba 1, not on GIS map 2000. 618?||8.4 km²||2,563|
|Nadd Al Shiba Second||Nad Al Sheba 2, 615 on GIS map 2000, map sign 615. Not 616.||615||60 km²||680|
|Nadd Al Shiba Third||616 on GIS map 2000, map sign 616. Not 617.||616||8.4 km²||2,563|
|Nadd Al Shiba Fourth||Nad Al Shiba 4, road signs 617, GIS map 2000 617. Not 618.||617|
|Nad Hessa (Silicon Oasis)|
|Nad Shamma||213||1.36 km²||1,208|
|Nakhlat Deira||Palm Deira Island||Deira||101||0|
|Nakhlat Jebel Ali||Palm Jebel Ali Island||501|
|Nakhlat Jumeira||Palm Jumeirah Island||Al Sufouh||381|
|Oud Al Muteena 1||265|
|Oud Al Muteena 2||266|
|Palm Deira, Jebel Ali, Jumeira||See Nakhlat Deira, Jebel Ali, Jumeira|
|Port Rashid||Mina Rashid||321||4,183|
|Port Saeed||Mina Saeed||129||1.84 km²||448||11,066|
|Ras Al Khor||411||13 km²|
|Ras Al Khor Industrial First||Ras Al Khor Industrial 1||612||13 km²|
|Ras Al Khor Industrial Second||Ras Al Khor Industrial 2||613||13 km²|
|Ras Al Khor Industrial Third||Ras Al Khor Industrial 3||614||13 km²|
|Rigga Al Buteen||Rega Al Buteen||125||0.684 km²||1,394||4,250|
|Sector Number 63||S63|
|Sector Number 64||S64|
|Sector Number 65||S65|
|Trade Centre 1||335||0.90 km²||4,358|
|Trade Centre 2||Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC)||336||1.91 km²||3,353|
|Umm Al Sheif||Umm Suqeim||367||1.87 km²||6,263|
|Umm Hurair First||Bur Dubai||314||2.3 km2||4,428|
|Umm Hurair Second||Bur Dubai||315||2.3 km2||4,428|
|Umm Ramool||215||3.61 km²||4,629|
|Umm Suqeim First||Um Suqeim 1, Umm Suqueim 1||Umm Suqeim||356||7.2 km²||16,459|
|Umm Suqeim Second||Umm Suqeim||362||7.2 km²||16,459|
|Umm Suqeim Third||Umm Suqeim||366||7.2 km²||16,459|
|University Village (Al Ruwaiya)||Dubai Academic City Al Ruwayya|
|Wadi Alamardi||Wadi Al Amardi||271|
|Warsan First||International City||621||17.1 km²||1,421|
|Warsan Second||622||17.1 km²||1,421|
|Za'abeel First||Zabeel 1||Bur Dubai||325||10 km²||5,283|
|Za'abeel Second||Zabeel 2||Bur Dubai||337||10 km²||5,283|
|The Lagoons?||Ras Al Khor||400|
|Mohammed Bin Rashid Gardens? Meydan City?||600|
|Not in 2015 DSC list||120, 130|
- H1 - Page title header
- H2 - Page title on page
- H3 (>H2?) - Region or area e.g. Deira, Bur Dubai, New Dubai, Jebel Ali. Town e.g. Hatta.
- H4 (>H3?) - Area or district name, suburb e.g. Jumeirah, Umm Suqeim, Nad Al Shaba, Al Barsha, etc?
- H5 (>H4?) - Community sector name and or number (DM), suburb
- H6 (>H5?) - groups in a sector e.g shops, schools, nurseries, businesses
- (H6) - don't use?
- What are first-order (emirate), second-order (city, municipality?), third-order (districts, communities?), etc Administrative Divisions?
Last update Friday 08-Nov-2019. Page development 4L 5C.
- Areas of Dubai - the more popular suburbs (content previously on this page).
- Apartments in Dubai
- Dubai - general information and introduction.
- Dubai Municipality
- Education: nurseries, providers, schools, special needs, universities and colleges.
- Freehold property areas in Dubai
- Free Zones in Dubai
- Islands of Dubai, see also Palm Islands Dubai
- List of megaprojects in Dubai.
- Map of Dubai
- Palm Islands Dubai, see also Islands of Dubai
- Population of Dubai - see Population of UAE
- Property: Developments, Developers, Property ... in Dubai.
- Public parks in Dubai
- Public transport in Dubai. Transport in Dubai.
- Rent: index pages, rent cap, law.
- Shopping malls in Dubai
- Street names in Dubai
- Supermarkets in Dubai
- Tatweer (?)
- Tecom (?)
- Transport in Dubai. Public transport in Dubai.
- Where is Dubai?
Other emirates. Update for consistency, list of ... or not. Add pages for East Coast (Dibba, Kalba, Khorfakkan), Fujairah, Hatta (?), Western Region.
- Communities in Abu Dhabi
- Communities in Al Ain
- Communities in Ras Al Khaimah (RAK)
- Communities in Sharjah
- Free Zones in UAE
- Islands of Abu Dhabi
- Islands of the UAE
- List of cities and towns in UAE
- List of communities in Ajman (suburbs).
- List of communities in Umm Al Quwain (suburbs).
- List of UAE emirates.
- Maps: Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Fujairah, Dubai, RAK, Sharjah (not Ajman, UAQ?)
- Population of UAE
- Property developments in RAK
- Street names in Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, UAE.
- UAE Railway (Etihad Railways).
Individual community pages done - see page content for links
- Bastakiya (renamed as Al Fahidi Historical District)
- Bay Square (not a "community"?)
- Dubai (International) Academic City
- Dubai Endurance City (not a "community"?)
- Dubai Healthcare City
- Dubai Internet City, Dubai Knowledge Village (Park), Dubai Media City ("community" or part of Tecom?)
- Dubai Sports City
- Dubailand ("community" or "district"?)
- City of Arabia
- Global Village (not a "community")
- Jebel Ali, The Galleries Jebel Ali
- Jumeirah, Jumeirah 1, Jumeirah 2, Jumeirah 3
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers
- Jumeirah Palm - see Palm Island Jumeirah
- The Lagoons Dubai
- The Universe Dubai
- The Walk JBR
- The World Dubai
- Umm Suqeim 1, Umm Suqeim 2, Umm Suqeim 3
- Wasl Square (not a "community")
- www.2gis.ae - good for map, routes, community names, location finder, GPS. Not an official Dubai Government website?
- www.dm.gov.ae - Dubai Municipality website, information about public services, statistics and data, procedures etc. But difficult to find stuff (or some reports have been deleted).
- www.gis.gov.ae - Dubai Municipality maps and administrative regions (under construction when last checked - March 2010).
- [Disabled] Submit URL.