Swiss International School Dubai
||Swiss International School Dubai
|Type of institute
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
||English, French, German, Swiss
|Qualifications or Courses
||IB, Swiss Matura
|Head of school
||Mr Beat Sommer (Principal)
|Executive body or owner
||SIS Management Consultants (SISMC), Mr Omar Danial (Founder)
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|School area, location map
||Al Jadaf, Al Jaddaf
||PO Box 505002, Dubai, UAE
|School fees structure
||55,000-95,000 dhs per year (2015-2016)
|Teacher salary range
||12,400 - 23,000 dhs per month (estimate only)
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
Swiss International School Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Swiss International School Dubai reviews - add yours here.
Swiss International Scientific School Dubai (SISS, SISSD) tuition fee structure, general information
|Grade or Year group
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2015-2016
- 2015-2016 admission application fee AED 500, registration fee AED 5,000 (deducted from first tuition fee payment). Discounted founder's fees available until 30 Apr 2015. Amount of discount varies from AED 5,000-10,000 from normal fees, valid only for 2015-2016.
- Boarding school facilities planned for September 2016 or 2017 onwards (conflicting information given), separate boarding houses for boys and girls.
- FB page at facebook.com/pages/Swiss-International-Scientific-School-Dubai/840224762717019 (FP 19 Jan 2015).
- Location: Al Jaddaf (Al Jadaf), Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) Zone 2 expansion phase area. Near Dubai Metro Creek Station (last station on the Green Line until extension across Dubai Creek is built) but a long walk (about 2 km) if supplied map shows correct location of school.
SISD jobs and careers
- 26 Jan 2015: See website Home > Careers page for vacancies and information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. SISS looking for teachers up to Grade 6 level for September 2015.
- 28 Mar 2014: For job applications send enquiry or CV and application letter to email@example.com.
Special needs students
SISS will admit some students with mild special needs. Information supplied (Jan 2015) says:
- Students with a variety of special learning needs will be admitted to the school. However, some learners with certain language based learning difficulties, such as semantic pragmatic disorder or language processing disabilities, are unlikely to be successful within a school with such a high emphasis on languages. Student with dyslexia and dysgraphia, however, may well be successful in our multilingual programmes.
26 January 2015
- Name changed to Swiss International Scientific School. Curriculum will have the normal range of subjects including arts, humanities, and languages; not only science subjects. SISS themselves say they are "a school with such a high emphasis on languages".
- Website still at www.sisd.ae, not www.sissd.ae. Location is in Al Jaddaf area (Dubai Health Care City expansion).
- School will open for levels PreKG (Nursery) to Grade 6 in September 2015, and expand to higher levels in future years.
- Curriculum offered is bilingual English-French and English-German, Swiss Matura, IB PYP, IB MYP, IB Diploma.
- Head's name is Mr Beat Sommer (Principal). Previously head of Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz, a boarding school in Switzerland, near St Moritz and the Italian border.
- School capacity eventually expected to be about 2,400 for K-12, including 350 places for boarding students.
- Contact information updated:
- Tel number +971-4-375 0600 (previously +971-4-4496038). Additional email address for admission enquiries is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Postal address Swiss International FZ-LLC, PO Box 505002, Dubai. Also used for the Harvard Medical School in Dubai Healthcare City.
- Admissions center location still Habtoor Business Tower, Dubai Marina.
- Start date for boarding students not clear. SISS says both (perhaps they mean only children from UAE based families from Sep 2016, and families based outside UAE from Sep 2017):
- "The full campus including the Boarding Houses, Auditorium and Secondary School will be ready for September 2016."
- "We look forward to accommodating the first boarders for the academic year 2016-2017."
- "We look forward to welcoming international boarders in September 2017."
08 June 2014
- Opening date September 2015 according to information supplied by SISD.
- [Check] Location in Al Jadaf area of Dubai?
05 April 2014 review
- Updated contact details given for SISMC: location and postal address 25th floor, Al Habtoor Business Tower, PO Box 95426, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Phone number +971-4-4496038, fax +971-4-4496037. Domain www.sissd.ae still says under construction but domain www.sissd.com no longer available.
28 March 2014 review
- The Swiss International School of Dubai (SIS, SISD) is a new school with construction planned to start in January 2014, and opening date in 2016. Campus area 77,000 sq meters.
- Curriculum details not provided. Possibly a trilingual school - English, French, German, job advertisements seen for administrative positions (executive assistant, receptionist) require applicants to speak all three languages.
- Not clear if SIS Dubai will be a campus operated by SIS in Zurich, Switzerland - they have 15 schools in Brazil, Germany, and Switzerland, but there is no mention of a Dubai or UAE school on their website, or in their latest newsletter from February 2014.
- No website available, domain www.sisd.ae says "Website launching soon" and lists email address email@example.com for contact. Same thing at www.sissd.com with email firstname.lastname@example.org but domain www.sisd.com not available or not related to SIS Dubai. Domain www.sissd.ae forwards to Domain www.sissd.com.
- Engineering consultants: WME Consultancy (Whitby and Mohajer Engineers), although SISD project page has been removed from their website. Unknown what that means (it was at www.whitbymohajer.com/projects/current-projects/swiss-international-school-dubai).
- SIS probably not related to the proposed Swiss watch-making school in a 15 Jan 2014 Khaleej Times report ('Plan to start branch of Swiss watchmaking school in UAE'), which said that the Nicolas G. Hayek Watchmaking School and Swatch Group were in talks with unnamed parties in the UAE to possibly establish a school in Dubai, or another city in the Middle East.
- There was a Swiss based school, the International Talent Academy (ITA), with plans to set up in Dubai a few years ago (last heard of in 2010), but plans were abandoned, suspended, or cancelled. Unless there is a connection between ITA and the new proposed SIS in Dubai.
Last update 27 January 2015
General comments - might not apply to Swiss International School Dubai
- Many popular schools are full for 2018-2019. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.