Apple International School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Apple International School in Dubai
|School name||Apple International School|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-10 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian, UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||EYFS, NC|
|Head of school||Ms Jaya Menezes (Executive Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||IQRA Education|
|Number of students (approx)||2,300|
|Number of staff (approx)||230|
|School area, location map||Al Ghusais 1, Al Qusais 1 - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 33963, Dubai, UAE|
|Website||www.apple.sch.ae (new window)|
|School fees structure||6,465-19,500 dhs per year (2019-2020)|
|Teacher salary range||4,000-10,000 dhs per month (2019-2020)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Apple International School admissions, reviews, notes
Apple International School reviews - add yours here.
Apple International School Dubai (AIS, AISD) tuition fees and information
- Note that AIS is an Indian school offering a British curriculum education to Indian families.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2019-2020||6,465||6,698||7,580||7,580||7,580||7,580||8,698||9,623||10,394||12,301||13,626||15,310||17,000d|
|Total fees (AED) 2019-2020||8,530||8,963||10,545||10,545||10,570||10,570||11,688||12,723||13,384||15,291||17,916||19,500|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2014-2015||5,963||5,963||6,748||6,748||6,748||6,748||7,744||8,567||9,253||10,951|
|Annual fees (AED) 2012-2013||5,860||5,860||6,630||6,630||6,630||6,630||7,610||8,420||9,095||10,760|
|Annual fees (AED) 2011-2012|
|Annual fees (AED) 2010-2011||5,690||5,690||6,440||6,440||6,440||6,440||7,390||8,175||8,830||10,450|
|Annual fees (AED) 2009-2010||5,690||5,690||6,440||6,440||6,440||6,440||7,390||8,175||8,830||10,450|
|Book fees 2009-2010 (annual, AED)||435||435||600||650||760||820||870||870||870||900|
|Annual fees (AED) 2008-2009||5,220||5,220||5,910||5,910||5,910||5,910||6,780||7,500||8,100|
|Annual fees (AED) 2007-2008||4,500||4,500||5,100||5,100||5,100||5,100||5,850||6,900||6,900|
- 2019-2020 Activity AED 600, Medical 250, E-Learning AED 250, Resource AED 200, Computer AED 500, Admission AED 500, ID Card AED 15, Stationery AED 300 (FS1, FS2 only), External Exams AED 150-625, Laboratory AED 1050 (Grades 9-10), Cyber Security AED 200-300). Registration fee AED 500 not included in total fee figures.
- 2014-2015 fee range 05,963-10,951. Registration fee AED 500 (non-refundable), admission fee AED 500 (non-refundable), activity fee AED 600 (annual), computer fee AED 775 (annual, AED 225 per term, not FS1 or FS2), medical fee AED 250 (annual), e-learning fee AED 350 (annual), stationery fee AED 300 (FS 1 and 2), school ID card AED 15. Bus transport AED 3,750-4,800 depending on location (Dubai and Sharjah).
- 2013-2014 fee schedule not provided.
- 2012-2013 fees not confirmed. Registration fee AED 400 (non-refundable), admission fee AED 400 (non-refundable), activity fee AED 600 (annual), computer fee AED 450 (annual, not KG 1 or 2), medical fee AED 250 (annual), e-learning fee AED 200 (annual), stationery fee AED 300 (FS1 and FS2), school ID card AED 15.
- 2010-2011 tuition fees not supplied, not confirmed, but appear to be unchanged from 2009-2010. Registration fee AED 300, Admission fee AED 400, Activity fee AED 600, Computer fee (not KG1 or KG2) AED 450, Medical fee AED 150 per annum, Parent Handbook AED 25, Uniform costs AED 80-270 depending on level and how many socks and blazers bought.
- 2009-2010 [year of validity not confirmed] registration fee AED 200, admission fee AED 300, activity fee AED 600, computer fee (not KG1 or KG2) AED 450, parent handbook AED 25, uniform costs AED 80-270 depending on level and how many socks and blazers bought.
- Monthly fees are paid September to June, term fees paid at the start of each term.
- Location behind Emirates Driving Institute in Al Ghusais 1 (Al Qusais) district. Near the Al Bustan Center.
Real and fake teaching vacancies and other jobs at Apple International School
- AIS website home > Connect > Join Us, redirects to LEAMS Education website careers section (www.leamseducation.com/career/) with list of current vacancies and online application, but check you are on the secure https version before submitting any information, there is also a http not secure version available.
- Official AIS website domain is www.apple.sch.ae (at present, or just apple.sch.ae if the www version doesn't load). There is a copy (or something similar) at www.apple-sch.com which is referred to in fake job offers. The website is blocked in the UAE but that doesn't help overseas job applicants. Do not apply to or accept any job offers without confirming that they are real. Contact AIS in Dubai directly to check any online job advertisements. There are many that look real but are not. Emails that do not belong to AIS include email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or anything else @apple-sch.com.
- If you are asked for any money for example to pay for visa fees or any other sort of fee, do not send any money and stop all communication. A real school in the UAE should never ask for money to pay for visa fees.
- 2019 Sep: Mr Mahesh Sajnani (Principal, Damascus St branch)
- 2018 Sep: Ms Jaya Menezes (Principal then Executive Principal), previously Vice-Principal at AIS.
- 2014-2018: Ms Pranjala Dutta (Principal), moved to Sabari Indian School in Al Wuheida as principal from Jul 2019.
- 2012 >: Hyacinth Pulickan (Principal)
- < 2012: Asha Alexander (Executive Principal), moved to The Kindergarten Starters in Dubai as principal April 2012 [check]?
- 2007 or 2008>: Ms Nita Maitra (Principal)
- < 2007 or 2008: Ms Dolly Goriawala (Principal), moved to SIS Sharjah.
07 November 2019 information update
[Check] AIS is split into two campuses now, primary and secondary, or there are two branches of AIS? Campus 1 has 2,300 students, campus 2 has 400 students.
- Main website is back to www.apple.sch.ae (or just apple.sch.ae), website apple.iqraeducation.net no longer available.
- Email address updated to email@example.com, previously firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FB page at www.facebook.com/appleschooldubai/. Says postal address is PO Box 262, Dubai, which is incorrect according to AIS, the UAE Yellow Pages, and the KHDA. Unless AIS has merged or something with the International Academic School (was also PO Box 262).
- AIS has a new campus but they seem to be confused about where it is. They say "We are proud to introduce our new purpose-built campus ... making us one of the Best British Schools in Sharjah." But then says the new campus location is "... near Sheikh Rashid Colony, Al Qusais", which is still in Dubai.
- AIS opened a second new campus location in Al Qusais. KHDA directory 5529 (Oct 2019): Establishment date 01 Sep 2019, curriculum UK, tel (mobile) +971-55-7874962, no fax, location Al Qusais, email email@example.com, website apple.sch.ae.
06 November 2014 review
- AIS website now at apple.iqraeducation.net. Domains www.apple.sch.ae and www.apple-schooldubai.com forward to apple.iqraeducation.net.
- Dubai International School - information page [for search error, DIS search gives AIS as result, check].
09 November 2012 review
- Website no longer at domain www.appleschooldubai.com (is now spam). New domain is www.apple-schooldubai.com.
11 June 2010 review
- Apple International School was given an "unsatisfactory" rating in the 2009-2010 KHDA/DSIB school inspections which meant they were expected to follow some recommendations to improve. A follow-up inspection in May 2010, and report, said AIS had improved. The follow-up report said Inspectors judged that Apple International School had satisfactorily addressed the recommendations made by DSIB at the previous inspection. Inspectors will inspect the school as part of the regular school inspection cycle during the coming academic year.
- Annual tuition fees for 2010-2011 appear to be unchanged based on fees information on AIS website checked in June 2010. Fees document is dated from October 2009? Registration and admission fees seem to have increased by AED 100 each.
17 November 2009 review
- Apple School Dubai website updated (was www.apple.sch.ae, which now forwards to www.appleschooldubai.com).
- Principal's name updated, date of change unknown. Previous head was Mrs Nita Maitra (might have moved to Delhi University Department of Economics or that might be a different Nita Maitra).
- Fees information updated. Assumed to be for 2009-2010 academic year although not explicitly stated on AIS website.
- Full name is The Apple International School. Previous postal address PO Box 50091, updated according to AIS website information to PO Box 33963.
08 September 2008 review
- Tuition fees updated from 4,500-6,500 dhs per year. KHDA information says 40% increase requested for 2008-2009 but AIS not eligible beacause 16% increase in fees for 2007-2008. Current fee range from AIS website, assumed to be for 2008-2009 but not confirmed. School uniform fees not included. Add Dh 200 registration fee, Dh 300 admission fee, Dh 300 security deposit (refundable), Dh 400-Dh 800 for books and materials. Bus transportation costs an extra 1500-1950 dhs per year. Tuition and transport fees can be paid in 10 monthly instalments or per term.
- Contact details updated from AIS website (previously was tel +971-4-3444441, fax +971-4-3494950).
- Class range from KG1 (3 years old) to Grade 7 (11 years old).
- Principal now Nita Maitra? Was previously Marketing and Communication Coordinator for Our Own English High School in Sharjah?
15 November 2007 review
- Apple International School (AIS) established in 1994 by Mr Nabil Lahir? Apple school moved to new premises / buildings in 2006?
- Website at www.apple.web-at-school.com.
Schools in the same area as Apple International School
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Adab Iranian School||Iranian||7,931-16,995|
|Al Sadiq Islamic English School||1989||K-12||Arabic, UK||4,000-8,000|
|Star International School Al Twar||September 2005||K-10||UK||17,970-35,550||SISAT reviews|
Last update 15 November 2019
General comments - might not apply to Apple International School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.