Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT)
Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT) Dubai community area. Towers in JLT, JLT clusters, restaurants, cafes, metro stations, bus routes, parking, driving, roads, apartments, nurseries in JLT, information and guide to living in Jumeirah Lakes Towers.
- Reasonably priced accommodation (some towers) with good access to metro red line.
- Water views over lakes, and pleasant promenade strolling and cycling.
- Great selection of restaurants along the promenade with almost any type of cuisine you can think of represented. Most at very good value for money prices. Just walk around and you'll find something you like. No crowds like you get in Dubai Marina.
- No ban on walking dogs as at Dubai Marina.
- No crowds like you get in Dubai Marina (good or bad depends on your perspective).
- No crowds like you get in Dubai Marina (good or bad depends on your perspective).
- No ban on dogs as at Dubai Marina (no ban is bad if you don't like dogs, good if you do).
- No bus service ... but hopefully soon.
- Dirty looking lakes.
- No water related activities. Even the Safa Park lake has (had) paddle boats, and that lake is even smellier.
- Almost impossible to find free parking, except for maximum 3 hrs on upper decks of tower clusters, and that's still difficult during weekdays daytime.
- Silly public parking system for anyone without an assigned car park. Who wants to watch the clock in JLT when you can go to so many other places in Dubai and either get free parking, or pay a small fee. Especially evenings and weekends when the restaurants are especially quiet, and the payment seems exorbitant at 200 dhs for anything over 3 hours. Still, at least for the first 3 hours it's not as extortionate as Dubai Marina with its 50 dhs per hour fees.
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT)
Correct name is Jumeirah Lakes Towers, not Jumeirah Lake Towers (which makes sense, since there are several lakes), but Jumeirah Lake Towers is commonly used. The area is not in the traditional Jumeirah district of Dubai, it is part of New Dubai, sort of between Dubai Marina and Emirates Hills. JLT Free Zone Authority is the Dubai Multi Commodities Center Authority (DMCCA).
|JLT map Clusters A to N
||JLT map Clusters O to W
Jumeirah Lake Towers parking
Warning if parking in the free all day parking areas: Parking tickets (AED 200) are issued if vehicle is not parked in a designated car park. We know this because we got one in March 2016 for parking along one of the car park service roads, and then two on the same day in June 2016 for parking in a sandy part of a free car park.
- Daily car parking AED 15 in the sandy area across from
- Free parking for 3 hrs on upper deck in each cluster from 0800-2300 Sat-Thu. Some clusters are congested, try the next one and walk back. Over 3 hrs costs you AED 200 fine (but you can leave your car all day then, you pay the fine on exit). Don't give the car park attendants a hard time, blame whoever Concordia employed to come up with the peculiar car park policy.
- After 3 hrs you are not allowed to drive out and in again to the same cluster, you'll get fined 200 dhs for that also. You can drive to another cluster and get another 3 hrs free parking that way.
- No there's no paid parking in JLT unless you count the Concordia 200 dhs fine system.
- Unlimited free parking in very few places. Try outside Cluster J, M, V-W (very busy, entry at W, exit at V). Or underground at Cluster T (next to Damac station) ... until they close the gates ... they closed the gates in 2015. Possibly also O or U. A few other small areas (usually full, good luck trying to park there) near Clusters A,B,C, ... Q,R,S, ... U,X ... Y,Z ... K,J ... L,M,N.
- Free parking on upper decks all night from 2300-0800, and all day on Fridays (no longer, or never was free on Fridays).
JLT cluster numbering (or lettering)
- Cluster A (Jazz@PizzaExpress) at Abu Dhabi or Jebel Ali end. Clusters named A, B, C, ... N in a clockwise direction from there around Lakes Almas East and West.
- Clusters O-X clockwise around lake and lake-bed park on Dubai side of JLT but after Cluster U someone forgot their alphabet. Clusters are in this order going clockwise: O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, X, Z (abandoned or under construction), Y, V, W.
Access to JLT from Sheikh Zayed Rd
- Directions to JLT are not well signposted, perhaps the Dubai street sign department wants to keep JLT hidden from visitors. It wasn't always so difficult to find JLT, another explanation might be that the RTA changed the signs to try and reduce the traffic jams which plagued JLT for a while, by sending drivers straight past and on Abu Dhabi.
- From Dubai traveling towards Abu Dhabi on Sheikh Zayed Rd watch for Al Marsa Rd and Al Naseem Rd exit after Hessa St exit. After exiting, stay right and follow Sarayat Rd signs (or JLT signs if there are any). Don't follow Al Marsa Rd sign - that takes you to Dubai Marina.
- Possible name change to Jumeirah Sands Towers or Jumeirah Sand Towers (JSD) after lakes have been filled in. Filling in underway during 2012-2013 for Lake C. Other lakes not yet and no definite plans to fill them in as of 2014.
- JLT is mostly tower blocks surrounding 4 ... 3 lakes (eventually 0 lakes or 1 lake as they get filled in). Tower blocks are in clusters of 3 with a traffic entry and exit to a main one way loop road for the whole area.
- 11 Jul 2013 - Ahmed Bin Sulayem (Sulaimen), Executive Chairman of the DMCC Authority, was reported in an Arabian Business story as saying "It's no secret, I hate lakes. I love more efficiency. ... The only lake that I think will be untouchable is the one facing the Dubai Diamond Exchange [because of] the view." Lake C is already filled in and will become a park. Unknown what will happen to the other lakes as they get filled in, but at least he apparently said "It wouldn't be extra towers though. That’s all I can say."
- Lakes, or lake areas from west to east (Abu Dhabi end of JLT to Dubai end) are:
- Almas West (Lake A?). A main connecting road and Al Mas Tower between Areas A and B.
- Almas East (Lake B?). A main connecting road between Areas B and C. During 2013 with horrible traffic jams during peak traffic times, hopefully temporary due to road construction work.
- Lake Zafeer (Lake C? Lake Elucio?). Pedestrian walkway between Areas C and D. Lake was filled in by 2013, and later made into a park with amphitheatre, children's playground, jogging track, basketball courts. Park area 55,000 square meters.
- Lake D (Lake Allure?)?
- Traffic in JLT area has improved since road changes constructed during 2012-2013. Previously it was plagued with traffic jams, occasionally lasting hours. Weekday peak hour traffic can still be bad but not any worse than typical traffic jams in other locations. The main loop road is mostly one way, clockwise around the towers and lakes. If you miss a tower cluster entrance, there is nowhere to do a U-turn except for the road between Lakes B and C (U-turn at SZR end), and the road between Lakes A and B (U-turn at each end).
- Al Mas Tower (AlMas) is a sort of centrally located building with a main road connecting opposite sides of the loop road. Between areas or lakes A and B.
- Parking availability in tower clusters from 2013-2014 onwards is mostly restricted. Free for 3 hours on upper levels between 0800 and 2300 Sat-Sun. Lower level parking in most or all clusters is by access card only for residents and workers. Some clusters might have gate open for general access (unknown if intentional or not) [Update 2015, all gates closed except for Cluster T (closed in 2016?), and Cluster K but a sign says no entry (construction site)]. If it's not too hot, you can walk around to where you want to be on the promenande or lake level. Lower level parking is shaded. Upper level parking mostly unshaded unless in the shadow of one of the towers.
- Promenade level around the lakes has restaurants, cafes, and other stores.
- Tower clusters are named A-Z and are usually reasonably well signposted. Letters A to N are clockwise starting at the Abu Dhabi (west) end of JLT and going clockwise around the western half of JLT (two lakes) back to the Abu Dhabi end. Letters O to Z start in the middle of JLT and run clockwise around the eastern half towards Dubai to letter U, then clusters V-Z seem to be arranged randomly at the eastern end of Lake D.
Metro Stations serving JLT
Two metro stations, JLT (closer to Abu Dhabi) and Dubai Marina (closer to Dubai).
- JLT Metro Station - closest to all tower clusters in areas A and B (around lakes A and B), including Al Mas Tower. Cluster O in area C is closer to JLT Station. DMCC Enterprise Zone plot 1 (plots 1A to 1G) are closer to JLT station.
- Damac Properties (previously called Dubai Marina) Metro Station - closest to tower clusters Q to Z, and most of the DMCC Enterprise Zone (plot numbers 2 and higher). Cluster P is about halfway between the two metro stations or marginally closer to Damac station.
List of nurseries and schools in JLT
No schools in JLT. Appears to be no plots zoned for education use (or perhaps there are - Synergy University opened in Nov 2013 in JLT area). Some nurseries ...
- Baby Home Nursery, Lake Point Tower, Cluster N, new nursery opening September 2014. Easy parking (free, either outside Cluster N or covered under Cluster M, at least while construction still going on in that area).
- Dewdrops Nursery - two locations, one in Cluster X, one in Cluster Y.
- Four2four Nursery and Daycare, Goldcrest Views 2 Tower, Cluster J (?).
- Kids Kare Nursery JLT, Al Shera Tower, Cluster E.
- Kids Kingdom Early Learning Centre (ELC), new, opening January 2015, location Icon Tower 2, Cluster L.
- Kids World Creative Learning Center, Gold Crest Executive Towers, Cluster C.
- Learning Ladder Nursery JLT, JBC 2 building (?), Cluster V, open Sep 2012. New branch in Cluster Q, open Oct 2014.
- Mosaic Nursery, Fortune Executive Tower, Cluster T.
- Oakfield Nursery or Oakfield Early Learning Center, open January 2014 in tower BB1 on Mazaya Business Avenue, on Jumeirah Heights side of loop road around JLT.
- Paddington Nursery JLT, Cluster P, open October 2013.
- Rainbow Valley Nursery - Dubai Arch Tower, Cluster G.
- Tiny Town Play Lounge - not really a nursery school, more of a playgroup, babysitting service, and activity center for mothers and children.
- Vernus Early Learning Centre, JLT branch - purpose built building in front of Al Seef 3 tower, Cluster U. Opening date might be September 2015 (delayed from May 2014 originally).
- Cascade Learning Centre - location X3 Tower, Cluster X or P [check, two locations marked - GM]? Education services - tutoring, development, enrichment, activity programs for children.
- Modern Renaissance School (MRS) - marked on some maps, looks like an error. MRS was in Muhaisnah but closed in 2006.
- Reach Out Special Education Center - moved to JLT from Knowledge Village.
Universities in JLT
- Synergy Russian University in Dubai - open Nov 2013.
List of coffee shops and cafes in JLT
Check opening hours, don't assume cafes in JLT are open late. Many are closed by 6pm, many are closed all day on Fri/Sat or close earlier.
- Cluster A:
- Cluster B:
O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, X, Z (abandoned), Y, V, W
- Cluster Q: Baker Street Cafe?
- Cluster R: Tim Hortons (on JLT loop road, not in tower cluster, with drive-thru, also Sbarro Pizza and Cold Stone Creamery).
- Cluster S:
- Cluster T: Public Cafe (not in Cluster Y as stated in some sources), timings 0800-1900 (not 0800-2200 as stated in some sources). Friends Avenue Cafe.
- Cluster U: Cafe Confetti (with children's play area, timings 0800-2200 daily, maybe 1000-2200 Fri/Sat (?)).
- Cluster X:
- Cappuccini Italiani (Cup & Caps), X3 Tower. Open 0700-1800 Sun-Thu, closed Fri (?), 0700-1400 Sat (different from sign on door).
- Corner Cafe - is an Indian/Chinese restaurant (good value), not a coffee shop.
- Costa Coffee (closed ... when?).
- Cluster Z: unfinished, construction abandoned.
- Cluster Y:
- Caffe Di Riva (closed or opening soon ... but has been "opening soon" for several years).
- Kiddies Cafe (play area for kids AED 45 for first hour, "Mom's Cafe" area for mothers, fathers stay outside (?), birthday party bookings etc).
- Eat Artisanal Bakery (opening soon where Nofara Cafe was (?) ... "soon" might be in 2018).
- [Closed?] Fraiche Cafe & Bistro (closed Aug/Sep 2017?).
- [Closed permanently] Nofara Cafe (shisha, indoor smoking area, closed in 2017).
- Red Diamond Building (opposite Cluster Y): Coffeol?
- Cluster V: Baldwin Cafe (shisha, indoor smoking area, open 1000-2400 daily (?)).
- Cluster W:
List of JLT clusters or zones
Area A around Lake A (Almas West)
*All names unconfirmed (information provided by DMCC but date of validity unknown).
- Cluster A: New Dubai Gate 2 (plot A1), Laguna Tower (Movenpick Hotel) (plot A2), Lake Side Residence (Lakeside Residence) (plot A3).
- Cluster B: Wind Tower II (plot B1), Lake View Tower (plot B2), Wind Tower I (plot B3).
- *Cluster C: Fortune Tower (plot C1), Gold Crest Executive Tower (Goldcrest Executive Towers) (plot C2), The Palladium (plot C3, marked on GM as occupying plot 1E?).
- Clusters D-I are around Area B.
- Cluster J:
- Cluster K:
- Cluster L:
- Cluster M:
- Cluster N:
Almas Tower (Al Mas Tower) and connecting road between Areas A and B.
Area B around Lake B (Lake Almas East)
- **Cluster D: Indigo Tower, Lake City Tower, ???
- *Cluster E: Global Lake View Tower, Al Shera Tower, Saba Tower 1 (?).
- **Cluster F: HDS Tower (?), Indigo Icon Tower, ???
- *Cluster G: Dubai Arch Tower, Jumeirah Business Center 1 (JBC1) (?), Flamingo Tower.
- **district cooling plant between G and H?
- *Cluster H: Falcon Tower, Concorde Tower, Jumeirah Business Center 7 (JBC7).
- Cluster I: Silver Tower (plot I1, Ag), Platinum Tower (plot I2, Pt), Gold Tower (plot I3, Au).
- Immigration dept, Cafe Trieste, Costa Coffee, Hako Sushi (99 dhs all you can eat Sun, Mon, Tue), Hardees, KFC, Own Cafe (shisha), Pizza Hut, typing centers
- Some shaded public parking
- Cluster K: Vue de Lac towers? No construction, buildings. Project on hold, abandoned, cancelled?
- Cluster Q: Saba Towers 2, 3, Dubai Gate Tower 1?
- Cluster R: Al Waleed Paradise Tower, Al Saqran Tower, Mag 214 Tower?
- Cluster S: close to Dubai Marina metro station. Green Lakes Towers 1, 2, 3?
- Cluster T: close to Dubai Marina metro station. Fortune Executive Tower, One Lake Plaza, Pullman JLT?
- Cluster U: close to Dubai Marina metro station. Al Seef Tower II, Al Seef Tower III, Tamweel Tower.
- Cluster V: Jumeirah Business Centre 2 (JBC2), Goldcrest Views 1, V3 Tower? Cluster V between Clusters W and Y.
- Cluster X: Jumeirah Bay X1, X2, X3 Towers. Cluster X next to Cluster U.
- Cluster Z: Between Clusters X and Y. Anantara "Jumeirah Lakes Towers" development by Seven Tides. Three buildings - apartments, hotel, offices. Announced in 2005, construction timeline was from 2006-2008. In Sep 2008, Seven Tides COO said hotel in JLT would open in 2011. As of 2014, no construction, no buildings. Project not listed on Seven Tides website (last checked Sep 2014). Project suspended, cancelled, or abandoned?
- Activities in JLT - hobbies, clubs, sports
- Apartments in JLT
- Banks in JLT
- Bars and nightclubs in JLT
- Bus routes in JLT
- Cafes and restaurants in JLT
- DMCC Free Zone
- Hotels near JLT
- JLT Authority, or JLT FZ Authority?
- JLT Dubai postal code (or Zip Code) - there isn't one. UAE addresses are of the format: PO Box [number], Dubai [or other city or emirate], UAE. If a zip code is required for example when filling in an online form, try using "DXB" for Dubai, or enter "00000".
- JLT Free Zone - see also DMCC Free Zone. JLT is not a free zone from the perspective of the Dubai Municipality when it comes to paying housing fees (ref: GN 22 Oct 2009 "Jumeirah Lakes Towers: No Free zone status").
- Jobs in Jumeirah Lake Towers
- Services in JLT - spas, massage, fitness centers, sports
- Shops in JLT
- Shopping malls in JLT - none. Nearby malls are Dubai Marina Mall on other side of Sheikh Zayed Rd (walking possible using metro station passenger bridges, hot in summer though), and Ibn Battuta Mall towards Jebel Ali (drive not walk).
- Supermarkets in JLT - Carrefour Market, Geant Easy, KP Mart (Dubai Arch Tower, Cluster G), Park 'n' Shop (Al Shera Tower, Cluster E), West Zone.
- Bonnington, Movenpick, hotels near, jobs in, Subway ... Jumeirah Lake Towers.
- Bonnington, Movenpick, Movenpick Hotel, Pullman, List of companies in, companies in ... Jumeirah Lakes Towers.
- companies in, fire in, hotels in, list of companies in, massage, Movenpick, Pizza Express, restaurants in, Subway ... JLT Dubai.
- JLT Dubai ... apartments for sale, careers, companies list, freezone, jobs, map, massage, rent, restaurants, zip code.
- Jumeirah Lake Towers ... apartments, career, companies, Dubai, Dubai postal code, Free Zone, free zone jobs, map, metro station, postal code.
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers ... apartments for rent, companies, directory, Dubai, Free Zone, Free Zone (JLT), map, metro station, Red Diamond Building, restaurants.
||KFC, burgers, shisha (Own Cafe), DNRD
- Parent category - Communities in Dubai.
- Child pages - individual cluster or tower pages.
- Related pages - Free zones in Dubai, Dubai Marina.
Last update Saturday 21-Oct-2017. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.