Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Jumeirah 2 community district
Jumeirah 2 (Jumeirah Two, Second) is a community area in the city of Dubai, part of the district of Jumeirah. Significant landmarks in Jumeira 2 include the Dubai Canal extension project, Jumeirah Beach Park, and the Jumeirah Archeological Site. The suburb is mostly villas and town houses ranging from expensive houses for wealthy residents.
Geography and access
[Add Jumeirah 2 location map here]
[J1] Jumeira Rd, Beach Rd, and Jumeirah Beach Rd all refer to the same road.
- Jumeirah 2 borders the communities of Jumeiras 1 and 3, and Al Wasl. The NW side of Jumeira 1 faces the ocean.
- Al Athar Road or Street (Al Attar) lies between Jumeirah 2 and Jumeirah 3.
- Jumeira Road runs through Jumeirah 2 near the coast.
- Al Urouba Rd (Al Uroubah, Al Urooba) divides Jumeirah 2 from the Al Wasl community.
- Dubai Canal extension project extends Business Bay Canal and Dubai Creek to the coast.
- Jumeirah Archeological Site.
- Jumeirah Beach Park, on the coast, closed during 2015 and 2016 while the canal project construction is going on.
- Jumeirah 2 Fishing Harbour, fisherman marina - not in Jumeirah 2, see Umm Suqeim 1, is next to DOSC. There is another small fishing harbour between Jumeiras 1 and 2, opposite the end of Al Uroubah St.
Property and real estate in Jumeirah 2
- No expat or foreign ownership permitted of land or property, except for GCC citizens.
- Houses, townhouses and villas - rentals available. Expensive entire villas or shared villas (not shared rooms). Rental costs AED 200k+ for villa (annual), AED 4-6k+ for room (monthly).
- Apartments - only one block, La Plage Apartments, at corner of Al Athar Rd and the Beach Rd. Rentals only.
Rental prices approximate, valid for 2013-2015.
Shopping, restaurants and cafes
Not much compared to Jumeirahs 1 and 3.
- Beach Park Plaza - small shopping center on Beach Rd opposite Jumeirah Beach Park.
- Chillis Restaurant, next to Emirates Hospital.
- [Check] Grocery shop (small) next to mosque, street 26D?
- La Plage apartment complex - couple of coffee shops.
- [Check] Maghoub (?) cafe, Beach Road.
- Pizza Hut (small), Eppco petrol station on Al Wasl Rd.
Medical clinics and health services in Jumeirah 2
- Emirates Hospital, Beach Road.
Dentists in Jumeirah 2
Beauty salons in Jumeirah 2
- Several along Beach Rd and Al Wasl Rd.
Education, schools and nurseries in Jumeirah 2
Nurseries in Jumeirah 2 - list with locations and map.
- Al Shaab Public School for Boys.
Hotels, services and other places in Jumeirah 2
- [Check] Four Seasons Hotel, Beach Road, opened in 2014 or 2015?
- [Update] Mosques - streets 16, 37, 49 (corner with Beach Rd).
Street and road renaming and renumbering in Jumeirah 2
[Road renaming not started yet (as of Feb 2015)?]
|Odd numbers, NE to SW direction|
|New name||Old number||Notes|
|Thanks for visiting||Jumeirah||Tell your friends|
|Even numbers, NW to SE direction|
|New name||Old number||Notes|
|start from Arabian Gulf and coast|
- Parent category - Jumeirah, Communities in Dubai.
- Child pages - Nurseries in Jumeirah 2.
- Related pages - beaches in Dubai, public parks in Dubai, schools in Dubai, mega-projects in Dubai.
Last update Saturday 14-Mar-2015. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.