| Where is Dubai? | Public holidays | Dress code |
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Jumeirah 1 community district
Jumeirah 1 (Jumeirah One, Jumeirah First) is a community area in the city of Dubai, part of the district of Jumeirah. Significant landmarks in Jumeira 1 include the Jumeirah Mosque on the Beach Rd, Jumeirah Open Beach, Dubai Zoo, Mercato Shopping Mall, several other shopping centers. The suburb is mostly villas and town houses ranging from expensive houses for wealthy residents to cheap shared accommodation for lower paid workers in Dubai.
Geography and access
[Add Jumeirah 1 location map here]
[J] Jumeira Rd, Beach Rd, and Jumeirah Beach Rd all refer to the same road.
- Jumeirah 1 borders the communities of Jumeira 2, Al Mina (not Al Hudaiba?), and Al Badaa (Al Bada'a) (not Satwa). The NW side of Jumeira 1 faces the ocean.
- Al Urouba Street or Road runs between Jumeirah 1 and 2.
- Jumeira Road runs through Jumeirah 1 near the coast.
- Al Wasl Road divides Jumeirah 1 from Al Wasl and Al Badaa communities.
- 2nd December St (Al Diyafah Road) runs between Jumeirah 1 and Al Hudaibah.
- Al Diyafa St - renamed as 2nd December St.
- Dubai Zoo.
- Gerard's Cafe
- [Closed] Jumeirah 1 Open Beach - popular public beach with short cycling and jogging track. Opposite Jumeirah Spinneys and Jumeirah Mosque, next to Dubai Marine Beach Resort. Access closed from Nov 2014 indefinitely while new project under construction (rumour is hotel, shops, cafes, etc).
- Jumeirah Mosque
- Jumeirah One fishing village and harbour - opposite Agora Shopping Mall site. Access Street 87A or Street 91.
- Mercato Mall
- Open Beach - also called Russian Beach (not officially).
- Union House
Property and real estate in Jumeirah 1
- No expat or foreign ownership permitted of land or property, except for GCC citizens.
- Houses, townhouses and villas - rentals available. Expensive entire villas or shared villas (not shared rooms) near Al Urouba Road. Rental costs AED 200k+ for villa (annual), AED 4-6k+ for room (monthly).
- Cheaper shared rooms closer to 2nd December Street. Rental costs AED 800-1,200 for bed in shared room (monthly).
- Apartments - several blocks along or behind 2nd December St. Rentals only.
- [Check] One more sort of apartment block (or small townhouses), on or near 10A Street, behind Mashreq Bank on Jumeirah Rd. Rental only.
Rental prices approximate, valid for 2013-2015.
Shopping, restaurants and cafes
Several small shopping malls or centers along Jumeirah Beach Rd.
Note potential confusion with new communities named Jumeirah Village Circle, Jumeirah Village Triangle, and Jumeirah Islands, which all have or will have community shopping malls with possibly similar names to some of the malls along Jumeirah Beach Rd in Jumeirah 1. The new areas are all Nakheel developments towards Jebel Ali and a long bus trip from Jumeirah 1 if you get your Jumeira villages and centers mixed up.
- Agora Shopping Mall - under construction.
- Century Plaza - drive-thru McDonalds.
- [Closed] Choithrams supermarket - Jumeira Beach Rd (EM)?
- Jumeirah Beach Center (also The Beach Centre).
- Jumeirah Center (next to Magrudys bookshop, not the same as Jumeirah Beach Center).
- Jumeirah Town Center (also just Town Centre).
- Jumeirah Village Mall - see The Village Mall, not the same as Jumeirah Islands Village Center.
- Lime Tree Cafe Jumeirah branch - the first Limetree cafe in Dubai.
- McDonalds drive-thru (2 nos) - one on Beach Rd at Century Mall, one on Al Wasl Rd at petrol station opposite Aswaaq supermarket.
- Mercato Mall - cinema, Spinneys supermarket, food court, Italian theme.
- Magrudy's Bookshop (Magrudys Center).
- Palm Strip Shopping Mall.
- Spinneys Jumeirah - near Jumeirah Mosque. Also a Spinneys supermarket in Mercato Mall.
- The One - furniture shop and cafe.
- The Village Mall - Shakespeare Cafe.
Medical clinics and health services in Jumeirah 1
- Iranian Hospital extension or polyclinic (main hospital other side of Al Wasl Rd in Al Badaa (Satwa).
Dentists in Jumeirah 1
Beauty salons in Jumeirah 1
- Several along Beach Rd and Al Wasl Rd.
Education, schools and nurseries in Jumeirah 1
Nurseries in Jumeirah 1 - list with locations and map.
- Al Shurooq Private School.
- [Relocated] American School of Dubai - moved to Al Barsha.
- Jumeirah Baccalaureate School - on site previously occupied by ASD.
Hotels, services and other places in Jumeirah 1
- Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa - hotel on Open Beach.
- Consulate of Iran in Dubai?
- Consulate of Romania in Dubai.
- [Update] Mosques.
Street and road renaming and renumbering in Jumeirah 1
[Road renaming not started yet (as of Feb 2015)?]
|Odd numbers, NE to SW direction|
|New name||Old number||Notes|
|Thanks for visiting||Jumeirah||Tell your friends|
|Even numbers, NW to SE direction|
|New name||Old number||Notes|
|start from Arabian Gulf and coast|
- Parent category - Jumeirah, Communities in Dubai.
- Child pages - Nurseries in Jumeirah 1.
- Related pages - Jumeirah Open Beach (or beaches in Dubai), public parks in Dubai, schools in Dubai, shopping centers in Dubai, shopping malls in Dubai.
Other headings and notes
Last update Saturday 14-Mar-2015. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- Al Badaa
- Jumeirah 2
- Jumeirah 3
- Pages under development
Related websites (new window)
- [Disabled] Submit URL.