Bay Square Dubai
Bay Square Dubai
Bay Square is a mixed use development in the Business Bay community area of Dubai, with a lucky 13 nos of low-rise retail, residential, office buildings, and a hotel. Bay Square is located between Dubai Creek and the Downtown Dubai area. Ground level is a pedestrian only zone with water features, cafes, restaurants, a Choithrams supermarket and a few other shops and services. Plaza Level (mezzanine floor) has a few more retail outlets. Underground is a large parking area without water features unless the upstairs pond leaks.
Bay Square list of shops and services
- Choithrams supermarket
- Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
- Cafes and restaurants
- 7-Eleven grocery store, has cafe seating area outside.
- 25 Degrees North Restaurant
- [Closed] BookMunch Cafe
- Cafe Barbera
- [Closed] Cafe Vienna
- Caribou Cafe
- Cha Cha Chai Cafe
- Circle Cafe
- Costa Coffee
- Eat Artisanal Bakery
- Fuchsia Thai restaurant (BB04, upstairs, plaza level, near Doubletree hotel).
- Just Salad
- Kad Che Restaurant and Cafe
- [Closed] La Brioche Cafe et Patisserie
- [Closed] Pantry Cafe - open May 2015, closed May 2019 (ref FB post).
- Pizza Express (PizzaExpress Live) - in BB05, Doubletree Hotel building.
- Soy to Chutney
- Sushi Counter, building BB04.
- [Closed] The Loft Fifth Avenue cafe. Open Oct 2015, closed when?
- Wok of Fame
- Other retail outlets and services
- 7-Eleven grocery store
- All Day Market
- Belle Femme Hair & Nail Lounge
- Desco Copy & Print Center
- Emirates NBD bank
- FAM CDS Interior Decoration
- Fam Properties
- Gold Box Fitness Club
- Grand Optics
- Health First Pharmacy
- Hummingbird Nursery Business Bay branch
- Kachins Tailors
- Life Pharmacy
- Monceau Flowers
- Piloga Pilates & Yoga
- Print World Advertising
- Tailer & Tweak
- Ten 10 Avenue Beauty Lounge
- The Loft Fifth Avenue Hair & Beauty Salon
- Therapy Healing Clinic
- UFC Gym Business Bay
Bay Square car parking
- Car parking free for 2 hours, then charges are AED 10/hour. Exit and reentry on the same day doesn't restart the 2 hr free clock unless you change your number plate. Ticket says "No free parking for second entry" which might mean if you enter and promptly leave, then change your mind and enter again, you'll miss out on the 2 hrs free parking for that day. Hotel guests get free parking if they rent a room.
- Car park fee system was introduced in 2018 or 2019, before that car parking was free 24/7. Perhaps it was intended to help reduce possible overcrowding in the restaurants and cafes in the weekends. It seems to have worked, retails outlets are very quiet on Fridays and Saturdays, some of them even shut down completely. Although ... we never thought there was an overcrowding problem in the weekends anyway, we always enjoyed visiting the area because it was relatively quiet and had free parking.
- Car space rental is available for about AED 600/month.
Bay Square development timeline and history
- 2017 Jul: Doubletree by Hilton Hotels opened.
- 2015 Apr 01: New RTA bus route F14 goes past Bay Square, connecting it to Business Bay metro station.
- 2014 Jul 01: Bay Square "handover process has commenced". Ref WAM press release.
- 2013 Jul 01: Bay Square Phase 1 (of 3 phases) sold out. But a tower seems to have gone missing, instead of 13 towers the press release said "Bay Square will include 12 towers on completion ..." Another press release a week earlier said that 2 buildings were complete, and 4 more towers were close to completion. Ref WAM.
- 2012 May 04: Gulf News reported that the DPG boss, Khalid Al Malek, said the Bay Square project was in the "delivery stage".
- 2010 May: Empower press release says "Bay Square cooling district network on schedule".
- 2009: Scheduled completion date of Bay Square. Bay Square still under construction.
- 2008 Jun: DP press release announced the sale of one of the buildings, and total project value increased to AED 6 billion.
- 2007 Oct: Bay Square first announced (again). Press release from Dubai Properties (DP) "Dubai Properties unveils AED 4bn development":
- Development will have 13 buildings including a "boutique hotel", a "state-of-the-art gym", cafes, restaurants, and other retail outlets. Towers will be 10-14 floors high with residential and commercial office space. Total area 5 million square feet, completion date scheduled for 2009. Residential units will be studio, 1-bdrm, and loft apartments.
- 2006 Apr: Bay Square first announced or reported. Either with the original name of "Hanging Gardens", or some reporting confusion with the "Hanging Gardens of Babylon" development in Falconcity of Wonders in Dubai, also announced in Apr 2006 (or another Hanging Gardens of Babylon project reported/announced in 2004)?
- Apartment rentals about AED 60k-75k for studios, AED 80k-100k for 1 bedroom (2018-2019 prices, annual rent).
- Art gallery or art museum, possibly planned but no authoritative source found. No art gallery in Bay Square as of 2018.
- Several descriptions say that Bay Square includes "walkways over canals", leaving one with images of Monet's Garden at Giverny, or canals and bicycles in Amsterdam. That phrase doesn't seem to have come from a DP press release. Anyway, in reality, there is one canal (sort of), and the walkways might refer to the mezzanine level (Plaza Level) pedestrian areas which overlook the "Reflecting Pool" on the ground level.
- Project information
- Owner/Master Developer: Dubai Properties (DP).
- Consultants and Project Management: Leman, Khatib & Alami, Arab Centre for Engineering Studies
- Contractors: Al Shafar General Contracting (ASGC), Al Shafar United.
- Utilities: district cooling from Empower, other electrical and water from DEWA.
- Buildings are numbered BB01, BB02, BB03, ... BB13. BB05 is the hotel building.
- Parent category: Business Bay
- Child pages:
- Related pages (or categories): other developments, areas in Business Bay.
Last update Monday 07-Oct-2019.
- Bay Avenue
- Communities in Dubai
- Dubai Properties (DP) - master developer of Bay Square and other areas in Dubai, part of Dubai Properties Group (DPG).
- Dubai Retail, part of DPG.
- Pages under development
- www.baysquare.ae - official Bay Square website by Dubai Retail.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.