Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Al Wasl Square project by Meraas Development
Wasl Square (or Al Wasl Square, or Dar Wasl) is a residential property development by Meraas in the Al Safa area of Dubai, between Jumeira 2 and Sheikh Zayed Road, opposite Safa Park.
- Location is corner of Al Wasl Road and Al Hadiqa Street, opposite Safa Park and the Choithrams / Union Co-op shopping center in Jumeirah.
Stores and shops in Al Wasl Square
- 3 Square Interior Design
- Book Munch (BookMunch) - cafe-bookshop with a difference - sort of a library but purchase books instead of borrow them.
- Chez Sushi by Sho Cho - Japanese food. Open 1100-2400?
- Coffeol - cafe, outdoor seating, open 0700-2400 or 0100?
- Eleganza La Mode - abayas and evening wear.
- Ines Patisserie Salon de Thé - French European bakery. Open 0900-2100? Tel +971-4-3883486.
- KA International Dubai
- Legend Spa and Beauty Center - tel +971-4-3948040, open 1000-2200 (Fri 1330-2200).
- LittleSouq.com - mothers and children stuff.
- M&Sam's Gents Salon Bay Avenue - men's hair salon and hair stylists, tel +971-4-3884421.
- Mary Foot Spa
- Pantry Cafe (The Pantry) - gourmet cafe (more expensive than a standard cafe, has a good menu selection). Open 0700-2400 daily? Outdoor seating. Ramadan hours (2013) - 1000-Iftar for takeaways only, Iftar-0200 for dine-in.
- Redha Al Ansari Exchange Al Wasl Square Branch - money exchange and international transfers, tel +971-4-3466005 (?).
- Sauce Gifts (S*uce Gifts) - tel +971-4-3883488, opening hours 1000-2200 daily.
- Smiling BKK - Thai seafood restaurant, open 1100-2400, tel +971-4-3496677 (?), or +971-4-3884411 (?), or 800-THAI (800-8424 - toll-free in UAE).
- Subway - opening date 03 Mar 2013. Tel +971-4-3449371.
- The Studio - Yoga & Fitness - tel +971-4-3467110. Opening date May 2013. Open 0700-2130 Sun-Thu, 0930-1130 Fri, 0830-1900 Sat.
- Tim Hortons coffee shop cafe - open 0700-0200 or 0700-2300 daily? Outdoor seating.
- Yamanote Atelier - Japanese bakery boutique. Open 0900-2100?
- Zari O' Breesam - fashion clothing
- Zurna - Turkish restaurant
Apartments and villas in Al Wasl Square
- No standalone villas, only apartments and townhouses. Development is low-rise (two storeys).
- Development consists of 140 apartments (1 or 2 bedrooms), and 130 townhouses (3 or 4 bedrooms).
Al Wasl Square development, history, timeline, background
- Location is at the corner of Al Wasl Road and Al Hadiqa Street (off Interchange 2 on Sheikh Zayed Road).
- Construction (well, digging at least) started in late 2009.
- Completion date unknown - was completed in 2012?
- Property ownership probably limited to Emirati or GCC nationals only as it is not in one of the known freehold areas of Dubai.
- Master developer is Meraas Development. Wasl Square development is owned by Wasl, a subsidiary of Dubai Real Estate Corporation (DREC).
- Wasl / Wasel Sq might be part of the massive Jumeirah Gardens development by Meraas which was announced in October 2008, but the location is outside the original plans of the Jumeira Gardens project which ended on the other side of Safa Park based on models and plans published at the time of the launch.
- A previous report on the launch of Meraas Investment Company in November 2007 said that Meras was tasked with the development of the Satwa, AlWasl, and AlSafa areas of Dubai through to Al Sufouh, which appears to be confirmed by the beginning of construction of Al Wasl Square.
- As of November 2009, one can see the hoardings with artists impressions of two-storey apartments, and a few bulldozers pushing big piles of sand around.
Last update Saturday 13-Jul-2013
- www.meraas.com - Meeras Development website (under construction October 2009).
- www.waslsquare.ae is not available, www.waslsquare.com is spam, www.darwasl.ae is not available, www.darwasl.com is spam (January 2010).
- [Disabled] Submit URL.