Freehold Property Dubai UAE
Freehold Property in Dubai Locations
The map below shows locations of property developments in Dubai that are expected to be freehold for expatriates (as of July 2006). Information from Gulf News article 06 July 2006 (archive.gulfnews.com/articles/06/07/06/10051808.html - not available, 15 October 2009). Other property developments available for expat purchase are expected to be 99 year leasehold (subject to change).
Freehold locations include
- Arabian Ranches - large villa development (Emaar) in the desert.
- Burj Dubai - Downtown Dubai development with the tallest building in the world.
- Business Bay - near Downtown Dubai, expected to be a business and commercial center of Dubai.
- Discovery Gardens - apartment development (studios and 1 bdrm) between Sheikh Zayed Road and Emirates Road, near Ibn Battuta shopping mall. Studios are good value for money.
- Dubai Marina - apartment development around a man made puddle on the coast. DM overall is an Emaar development but individual apartment buildings are from a variety of developers. One of the largest complexes is the Jumeirah Beach Residence.
- Dubai Waterfront - enormous man-made offshore development with dredging only just beginning in 2006.
- Greens - established Emaar apartment (studio, 1-3 bdrms) development. On desert side of Sheikh Zayed Road near Dubai Internet City.
- International City - mostly studio and 1 bdrm apartments close to Emirates Road near Dubai Academic City, a couple of junctions away from Sharjah. Probably the cheapest freehold real estate available for expat purchase in Dubai. Developer is Nakheel.
- Jumeirah Golf Estates
- Meadows - terraced villas (Emaar) near the Greens off Sheikh Zayed road behind Mall of the Emirates. Mixed in with the Springs (similar development).
- Palm Deira - massive Nakheel island development being constructed off the coast in Deira.
- Palm Jebel Ali - Nakheel island development in the same area as Dubai Waterfront.
- Palm Jumeirah - the first of the three Nakheel man-made offshore islands to be completed end of 2006 or early 2007.
- Springs - see the Meadows.
- The Lagoons (not the same as Dubai Lagoon) - seven island mixed use development near Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary with a focus on preserving and enhancing the natural environment. Developer is Sama Dubai.
Last update Thursday 26-Aug-2010
- Apartments in Dubai
- Dubai property law
- Home loans and property in Dubai
- Palm Islands in Dubai
- Real Estate Agents in Dubai
- Where to live in Dubai
|Dubai rentals||| Cost of living | Apartments Bur Dubai | Apartments Deira | Freehold apartments | Freehold villas | Rent cap | Rent index | Villas Bur Dubai | Villas Deira ||