Sama Dubai property developer
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Sama Dubai, part of Dubai Holding
22 August 2009:The Dubai Holding (DH) property subsidiaries, Tatweer, Sama Dubai, and Dubai Properties, have merged into a new DH property unit.
Sama Dubai is part of the Dubai Government owned Dubai Holding group, and is a real estate developer/investor that aims to build up a portfolio of premium real estate projects in various sectors. Salam Dubai develops some of its projects under the "Dubai Towers" brand, or the "Salam" brand. "Sama" is an Arabic which means sky, or to reach for the sky. Sama projects will include:
- business parks
- industrial parks
- mixed use towers
- residential communities
- resorts & spas
- shopping malls
Sama Dubai projects portfolio
Note that scheduled completion dates from many developers in Dubai have turned out to be optimistic by several months, or even years.
- Amwaj Rabat, Morocco - $3 billion project first announced May 2005. On the banks of the Bouregreg River in the Bouregreg Valley Development between Rabat and Sale, near the Atlantic Ocean. Area about 121 hectares, has a North African theme. The usual apartments, shops, etc with canals running between them.
- Century City & Mediterranean Gate, Tunisia - $14 billion joint venture between Sama Dubai and the Tunisian Government announced Aug 2007. First buildings complete by 2010, whole city ready by 2018 or 2023 depending on what you read. Area of 800-900 hectares (varying figures seen) with a population of 300-500 thousand people (comparable to the population of Dubai in the early to mid-1990s)
- Dubai Towers Doha, Qatar - luxury boutique upscale lanmark blahblahblah shops, apartments, offices etc worth $550 million. Construction started June 2007, completion scheduled for mid 2010.
- Dubai Towers Dubai, UAE - not the Dancing Towers designed by Zaha Hadid but they have a similar wobbly style. The Dubai Towers design is supposed to be inspired by flickering candles. Four towers of 57-94 floors, located in The Lagoons, consists of offices, apartments, hotel, shopping, etc. Launched Dec 2006, planned completion mid-2010 or end 2009 depending on source (don't expect to move in until 2011 though).
- Dubai Towers Istanbul, Turkey
- Mediterranean Gate, Tunisia - see Century City
- Marina de Casablanca, Morocco
- Salam Resort, Bahrain. Also called Salam Bahrain or Salam Bahrain Beach Resort and Spa. A $1 billion (AED 3.67 billion) development with scheduled completion date mid-2009. Construction started in 2008 but by January 2009 construction had apparently been suspended. According to a Gulf Daily News report (17 January 2010?), the main contractors Nass Corporation, and Murray and Roberts, have not been paid by Sama Dubai.
- The Lagoons - a very large mixed use development (small city actually) in the Ras Al Khor area of Dubai
- Yiti Resort & Spa, Yiti, Oman - $1.3 bn project launched Oct 2007, first announced June 2005 (with an end of 2007 completion date!). Also called Salam Yiti. Golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones II (RTJ II), with 5-star hotels, marina, villas, some freehold. Area 4.2 sq km. Phase one completion mid 2010
Sama Dubai subsidiaries
- Dubai International Properties
- SmartCity - see below
SmartCity - a Sama Dubai & TECOM joint venture
SmartCity (not Smart City) is a joint venture between Sama Dubai and TECOM Investments (another Dubai Holding subsidiary with telecommunication related operations and investments). The SmartCity concept is based on the Dubai Internet City, Dubai Knowledge Village, and Dubai Media City developments in Dubai and is intended to be implemented in various locations around the world - their goal is one SmartCity on each continent.
- SmartCity Kochi, Kerala, India. Agreement signed May 2007 between SmartCity and Government of Kerala. Business park area to be 1 million sq m, investment of about $350 expected.
- SmartCity Malta is a $300m ICT and media development in the Ricasoli Industrial Estate of Malta, to be established by SmartCity together with the Maltese Government, which will provide 0.36 million sq m of land. Project could be completed by 2014 (information not confirmed). Masterplan revealed Sep 2007.
Sama Dubai management and other information
- CEO / Executive Chairman is Farhan Faraidooni (Dec 2006)
- COO is Tayeb Al-Rais (appointed Oct 2007)
- Sama Dubai-EC Harris project management - joint venture with EC Harris, a London based real estate and management consultancy with offices around the world. JV announced June 2007.
Sama Dubai contact details
- Sama Dubai, Dubai Healthcare City, Buildings 51 and 52 (new location,
moved from Emirates Towers)
PO Box 72527
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel +971-4-4279100, fax +971-4-3635305, email email@example.com
- Sama Dubai, Qatar Office
PO Box 22513, Doha, Qatar
Tel +974-4858444, fax +974-4934933
- Sama Dubai, Emirates Towers 6th floor, tel +971-4-3300055, fax +971-4-3304466 Obsolete (left here for reference only)
Last update Sunday 17-Jan-2010
- Dubai Holding - Dubai government holding company for Sama Dubai and many other Dubai based companies
- Sama Dubai TV - a Dubai based television station with the same name
- The Lagoons Dubai - one of Sama Dubai's larger projects
- www.dubaitowers-doha.com - Dubai Towers Doha website, www.dubaitowersdoha.com is spam
- www.dubaitowersdubai.com - Dubai Towers Dubai website
- www.lagoons.ae - The Lagoons website, a large Sama Dubai development with freehold properties
- www.sama-dubai.com - SamaDubai property company website
- www.sama-dubai.ae returns a DNS error, and www.samadubai.com is spam
- www.smartcity.ae - SmartCity website
- [Disabled] Submit URL.