Tatweer, a member of Dubai Holding
22 August 2009: Tatweer, Sama Dubai, and Dubai Properties, all subsidiaries of Dubai Holding (DH), have merged into one property unit subsidiary of DH.
In December 2005, Mohammed Al Gargawi, the CEO of Dubai Holding at the time, announced the creation of Tatweer as a new member of Dubai Holding, to manage a portfolio of Dubai Holding's companies. The Executive Chairman of Tatweer is Saeed Al Muntafiq who is also Director General of the DDIA (Dubai Development and Investment Authority). Companies included under the Tatweer umbrella when formed were
- Dubailand - including the Bawadi project
- Dubai Healthcare City
- Dubai Industrial City
- Dubai Energy
- Dubai Mercantile Exchange (DME)
- Global Village
- Moutamarat - a joint venture with SRPC (Saudi Research and Publishing Company) to manage Dubai based conferences and exhibitions.
Other companies established and/or added to Tatweer's portfolio include
- Arab Media Group (AMG) - established 2005, publisher/manager/owner of several UAE newspapers, magazines, television and radio stations, and advertising solutions.
- DreamWorks Dubailand
- Freej (part of Dubailand)
- HIT Entertainment (Dubailand)
- Mizin - launched Sep 2006, real estate development and facilities management services. Responsible for infrastructure development of Tatweer's projects. CEO is Sami Al Hashmi. Expecting to launch 5 billion dhs worth of projects from Sep 2006 to Feb 2008.
- Six Flags (Dubai Land)
- Tiger Woods Dubai - a Dubai golf course and villa development
- Universal Studios Dubai - part of Dubailand
Tatweer contact details
- Tatweer, tel +971-4-3302020, fax +971-4-3302010
- PO Box 65999, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Tatweer location is 24th / 31st floor, Emirates Towers, Sheikh Zayed Road
In September 2008, Tatweer announced that it would restructure its operations into two divisions - Tatweer Dubai, and Tatweer Investments.
Tatweer Dubai (CEO is Khalid Al Malik) will focus on UAE operations and incorporate the following business divisions and partnerships:
- Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC)
- Dubai Industrial City
- Theme Parks Cluster
- Tiger Woods Dubai
- Partners-Harvard Medical International
- Universal Studios Dubailand
Tatweer Investments (CEO is Ahmad Sharaf) will focus on Tatweer's intellectual property portfolio, and international investments and partnerships including the following operations and projects:
- Mizin (a UAE property developer)
Last update Saturday 21-Aug-2010
- www.tatweerdubai.com - Tatweer Dubai website (www.tatweer.com appears to be unused and unavailable)
- www.tatweer.ae - belongs to Tatweer, an Abu Dhabi based training and consultancy organisation, not related to Dubai Holding Tatweer
- [Disabled] Submit URL.