List of theme parks and amusement parks in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE
List of theme parks and amusement parks in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE. Information and guide to existing, planned, coming soon, cancelled, entertainment projects in the UAE.
- The largest theme parks in the UAE are Motiongate and IMG World in Dubai, Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi, and WOW RAK in Ras Al Khaimah. A Six Flags Dubai is expected to open in late 2019.
- The best theme park in Dubai is IMG World (all indoors). The best theme park in Abu Dhabi is Ferrari World (all indoors). Motiongate at Dubai Parks and Resorts is pretty good too (indoor and outdoor sections). Our opinion after visiting all the parks listed here.
- Most shopping centers in the UAE have at least a small children's play area. The larger malls have a more comprehensive amusement center, or centers, with rides and video games for big children as well as toddlers.
- For wet and wild water fun, Wild Wadi, Aquaventure at Atlantis Dubai, Legoland Waterpark, and Yas Waterworld are all good. Pick whichever one is closest to you or has the best deal. Some have offers in The Entertainer, some do a free entry for the week after your birthday. Dreamland in Umm Al Quwain and WOW RAK are cheaper water parks, still worth a trip but not as high profile as the ones in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- Six Flags Dubai (SFD) and Warner Bros. Abu Dhabi (WBAD) theme parks are coming soon in 2018 and 2019. Universal Studios Dubai (USD) and Twentieth Century Fox Dubai (TCFD) are not.
List of roller coasters in the UAE
Best roller coaster rides are at Ferrari World and IMG World. The indoor one at Motiongate DreamWorks is good enough, and the outdoor one looks ok (we didn't try it yet). Six Flags promises to have the biggest or best or something when it opens in 2019.
- Bawadi Mall Al Ain - indoors, part of the Family Entertainment Center.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi - two of them, outdoors but start and end indoors.
- IMG World Theme Park - large roller coaster which starts and ends indoors.
- Motiongate Dubai - Hunger Games themed roller coaster opened in 2017, outdoors.
- Safeer Mall Sharjah - indoors.
- Sahara Center Sharjah - indoors.
- Sharjah Mega Mall - indoors, small.
- Sega Republic Dubai Mall - Spin Gear rollercoaster, indoors.
- Stargate Dubai - indoor and outdoor combination.
- Warner Bros World in Abu Dhabi (planned opening in 2018) looks like it will have two indoor roller coasters from park models and photos seen.
List of the best indoor theme parks in Dubai and UAE
- Biggest ones are Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi and IMG World in Dubai.
- DreamWorks, the indoor section of MotionGate Dubai is also a good size.
- Remaining good ones for all ages are: Hub Zero at CityWalk Dubai, SegaWorld theme park in Dubai Mall.
- Best indoor children's theme parks in Dubai are StarGate at Zabeel Park, and Kidzania at Dubai Mall.
Flight simulators in the UAE open to the public
- Abu Dhabi - 747-400 jumbo jet aircraft simulator by Mutahida Simulators at Al Bateen Airport in Abu Dhabi for public use (children have to be accompanied by parents) at AED 750 per hour. Simulator is a full-sized cockpit, not a video game arcade ride. Unknown if you have to wear a pilot's uniform though (press release 16 May 2010).
- Abu Dhabi - iPilot A380 simulator in the Yas Mall, opening March 2014.
- Dubai - iPilot Boeing 737 simulator in The Dubai Mall (between Reel Cinemas and Kidzania). Varying times available with charges from AED 299 for 15 minutes to AED 1,349 for 90 minutes (2013 prices).
Theme parks in the UAE
Angry Birds Theme Park
- An Angry Birds Theme Park is under discussion or development, location undecided (competing bids from Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai, and Doha-Qatar reportedly) (Emirates 24-7 news 20 Jun 2013). The report quoted Nigel Cann, Director of Operations & Business Development at Gebal Co, the exclusive representatives of Angry Birds play equipment manufacturer in the UAE and Qatar, as saying "We have had discussions with parties in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Al Ain and Doha"
Dubai Parks and Resorts (DPR)
- Operates several theme parks all in one area: Bollywood, Legoland, Legoland Water Park, MotionGate, Riverland (not really a theme park), Six Flags Dubai (opening late 2019 or early 2020).
List of theme parks in Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Adventure World? Adventure World Abu Dhabi?
- Aqua Fun inflatable water park - on the Abu Dhabi Corniche, opened Nov 2013? Rides or activities include Soap Soccer, Bossaball, water slide (the tallest inflatable water slide in the world apparently). Area of park is about 2,000 sq m. Developer plans to open more inflatable water parks in Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, and possibly other countries outside the UAE. Founder of Aqua Fun is Ahmed bin Chaibah.
- [Planned] CLYMB on Yas Island, indoor climbing and sky diving. Expected to open in 2018.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi - automobile-themed park with fastest roller coaster in the world and another 18 wild rides. Opening date 28 October 2010. The first proper theme park in the UAE, located on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi. Should be a blast!
- Iceland Water Park Abu Dhabi - planned by the RAK Iceland Water Park owners, Polo Water Park LLC, according to a report in Emirates 24-7 on 17 December 2011. Opening date not supplied.
- [Planned] SeaWorld Abu Dhabi, marine theme park and zoo, opening planned for 2022.
- 2016 Dec: revised opening date announced.
- 2015 Nov: SeaWorld Entertainment said they would open a park by 2020 but location not specified.
- [Check] 2014 May: SeaWorld Entertainment announced they would investigate opening a marine park in UAE or Gulf region?
- 2008: SeaWorld Entertainment announced plans to open the Worlds of Discovery theme park in Dubai. Plans abandoned. See "Worlds of Discovery" under Dubai theme parks heading.
- Warner Bros Theme Park Yas Island (WB, Warner Brothers Abu Dhabi), indoor theme park based on WB characters, opening in summer 2018, also on Yas Island.
- Yas Waterworld - water theme park on Yas Island - announced June 2010, developer Aldar Properties, designer Atkins (UK), area 16.4 hectares, facilities to include 40 rides, construction start date July 2010, completion scheduled for 2012.
List of theme parks in Ajman
Erm, no, there aren't any we think. And if any were planned, they're probably on hold or cancelled - take a drive up Emirates Road to see the abandoned Ajman property developments. Well except for one perhaps ...
- Al Zorah Resorts - a theme park, pedestrian walkway, and beach club. Developer Al Zorah Development Company. Phase I completion planned for mid-2015.
List of theme parks in Al Ain
- Hili Fun City (Al Hili Fun City) - probably not as much fun as it sounds. Go to the Al Ain Zoo and Wildlife Park instead and take the train ride. Website www.hilifuncity.ae.
Founded in 1985.
- 25 Dec 2013 (WAM) - ice skating rink opened after renovation, capacity 1,400 people (presumably audience, not skaters). Area 60m x 90m (5,400 sq meters), project cost AED 4m. Upgrade to Olympic standard for event hosting e.g. ice hockey championships. Original ice rink was the first one in the UAE when opened in 1987.
List of theme parks in Dubai
- [Suspended or abandoned?] 20th Century Fox World Dubai. Developer Al Ahli Holding, announced in Nov 2015 with expected opening date in 2018? Location on or near site of abandoned Universal Studios project in Dubailand, near Dubai Outlet Mall. As of end 2017 no obvious construction visible. Opening date possibly delayed until 2020.
- Ain Dubai (Ayn Dubai) (renamed from Dubai Wheel, Dubai Eye, Dubai-I), large Ferris wheel as part of the Bluewaters Island project, near JBR and Dubai Marina. Expected to be the largest observation wheel in the world on completion, with a diameter of 250m (or 210m?) and a total height of about 260m (or 220m?). Construction start date May 2015 (delayed from Jun 2013). Opening date maybe in late 2018 or early 2019, delayed from 2015. A Ferris wheel is not really a theme park in itself but if you spin it fast enough, it might count as a theme park ride. The Ain Dubai is expected to take about 50 mins for one revolution.
- Al Khaeel Equestrian Theme Park - in Dubailand, status unknown.
- Aquadunia/Aquaduniya Theme Park in Dubailand - on hold or cancelled?
- Aquaplay - children's indoor water park in Mirdif City Centre.
- Aquaventure - water park with slides and stuff at Atlantis Resort Dubai on the Jumeirah Palm Island.
- Aventura Parks - climbing adventure park in Mushrif Park (Gate 1), crawl around ropes, ladders and wobbly planks. Levels from timid beginner to expert extreme. Ticket prices in 2017: AED 150 (adults), AED 125 (children), AED 10 (spectators). Timings Sun-Wed 1000-1930, Thu-Sat 0900-2100. Website www.aventuraparks.com. Free entry offer on 27 Jan 2018 from 1430-1900 to celebrate first birthday of Aventura Park opening.
- Bawadi - enormous area in Dubailand with hotel resorts, shops, commerical and residential buildings, theme parks. A Dubai version of Las Vegas minus the casinos and gambling. Development suspended or cancelled in 2008-2009.
- Beach Water Park - floating park off the JBR coast in Dubai Marina, inflated slides, trampolines, and other floaty bouncy stuff to climb around and jump on. Operated by Arabian Water Parks. Ticket prices in 2014: day pass AED195, hourly rates AED 50 for children (minimum age 6 years old), AED 60 for adults. Buy tickets on the beach and swim out. Open April 2014. Opening times 0900-1200 and 1500-1900 during summer, 0830-1830 straight through in winter.
- Children's City Dubai, location Dubai Creek Park, educational city for children aged 2-15 years old, tel +971-4-3340808, website www.childrencity.ae.
- Cite des Enfants - children's entertainment in Mirdiff City Centre.
- City of Arabia Theme Park - see IMG World Theme Park.
- Disney World Dubai or Disneyland Dubai - no, there isn't one, or anything planned as far as we know. More information in heading below.
- [Renamed, see Dubai Parks and Resorts] Dubai Adventure Studios or Dubai Adventure World - $2.7 billion project (AED 10 billion)!? Sounds massive! Located in Jebel Ali area. Developer Meeras Holdings. Announced Nov 2012. Stage 1 completion expected in 2014. Five different theme parks, development cost AED 10 billion, developer Meraas Holding.
Phase I, Dubai Adventure Studios, expected to be completed by 2014? Not clear if Dubai Adventure Studios is name of one of the theme parks, or overall development.
- Bollywood Park - Bollywood theme park, with a theater to showcase musical productions.
- Children's theme park - for pre-school and primary school children.
- Dubai Adventure Studios - first announced December 2011, Hollywood branded adventure park.
- Marine and water life park - animals, rides and attractions.
- Night safari park - based on the Arabian desert.
- Dubai Metro - not really a theme park but the new (in 2009) subway system is so much fun, at least the first couple of times, we had to include it (yes, we know we're a bit sad).
- Dreamworks - indoor theme park, part of Motiongate Dubai operated by Dubai Parks and Resorts. Was previously planned for Dubailand.
- F1-X (F1 theme park, Formula One theme park), Dubai Motor City (Motorcity). First announced or reported in 2006 or 2007? Originally planned to open in 2009, delayed to 2010, then in 2010 or 2011 project suspended, and in 2013 confirmed cancelled with a new mixed use project developed to replace the original F1 theme park. New plans for a different F1 theme park (smaller than the original) announced or reported in 2016?
- F1 Theme Park, part of Dubai Motorcity. On hold or cancelled? Not the same as Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi. Intamin Amusement Rides manufacturer has an entry in their worldwide rides list for an "F1 Racing Coaster" (roller coaster) for the F1 Theme Park Dubai, contract date 2008.
- Global Village in Dubai - has a few amusement park type rides, nothing particularly spectacular though. The Ferris wheel is about the most interesting because of the views of Dubai from out in the desert.
- [Still planned?] Herbie Theme Park - Herbieland (as in Herbie the VW Bug from the Walt Disney films), possibly at the Dubai Autodrome. Possible design plans include main building shaped like a giant baseball with a museum, workshop, and café (news reports 23 October 2011). Developer is Graham Henderson.
- iFly Dubai - indoor sky diving simulator at Mirdiff City Center.
- [Edit, needs update] IMG Worlds of Adventure (IMGWOA) - large indoor IMG theme park in City of Arabia. Replaces the Restless Planet theme park? Developer Ilyas and Mustafa Galadari Group (IMG), built up area of 1.2 million sq feet including a large roller coaster. Opening date end of 2013 (according to May 2012 news reports) but who knows, since the City of Arabia development has barely got off the ground as of 2012 (originally announced 2005 with completion planned for 2010). Update Jan 2014: still not open, most recent planned dates are early 2014 (not likely), or sometime in 2014 (end of 2014 seems possibly but still doubtful - at least there is a skeleton structure of the building visible on the E311 Rd).
- [Planned] IMG World of Legends (Worlds of Legends) (IMGWOL, IMG WOL), another large indoor IMG adventure park, connected or close to the IMG Worlds of Adventure theme park. Rides and attractions in several different zones based on Barbie, Dora the Explorer, Dragonball Z, Pokemon, Power Rangers, Sponge Bob Square Pants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, also Lost Valley Dinosaur Zone and Legends of Arabia Zone (the last two are IMG themed zones). Announced Dec 2016, opening planned for 2020, area 2 million sq ft (bigger than the first IMG park).
- Kidzania - children's edutainment city in The Dubai Mall. A great place to take young children.
- La Mer Dubai water park or surf park, part of the La Mer beachfront shopping center and beach activities area at Jumeirah Open Beach. Expected to open in early 2018. Called The Ring Show and Water Park La Mer? Discovery Cove diving experience, pirate ship ride or decoration, tower drop, water slide or slides.
- [Update - see Dubai Parks and Resorts] Legoland Park in Dubai (Lego Land Dubai) - a children's theme park made of small plastic blocks. Developer Merlin Entertainment (owned by Kirkbi Denmark, the owners or operators of The Lego Group). UAE partner Tatweer when park first proposed, with planned completion date in 2011. Delayed until an unknown date or suspended indefinitely in 2010. Update 15 Oct 2014 (PR): new plans for park to open in 2016, see www.legoland.ae.
- Hub Zero - indoor sort of theme park part of the CityWalk development by Meraas. Not large like IMG Worlds or Ferrari World but big and interesting enough to enjoy a few hours there. Has climbing walls, 4D rides, zombie-shooting rooms and similar entertainment. Check The Entertainer vouchers for a buy-one-get-one-free deal.
- [Planned] Mall of the World indoor theme park, part of the shopping center development, planned to be the largest indoor theme park in the world (updated Mar 2015). See also Universal Studios Dubai but it's not clear if Universal Studios is still involved.
- [Renamed as IMG Worlds of Adventure] Marvel Adventure (Marvel City Theme Park), a Marvel Comics indoor theme park in City of Arabia development. Opening date in 2013 maybe? Area 1.2 million square feet. Development and construction by Ilyas and Mustafa Galadari Group (IMG).
- Modhesh World (or Modesh World) - indoor theme park all about the funny looking yellow maggot ... erm ... mascot from the Dubai Summer Suprises shopping festival. Children's activities and facilities including Arts and Crafts, Camel riding, Heritage and Culture, Horse riding, Lego, Skateboarding, Soft Play area, Sports Zone, and more. Coffee shops and restaurants also. Established in 2000, located at Dubai Airport Expo.
- [Planned] Pearl of Dubai, underwater dive site with a Babylon theme. Developer Reef Worlds, location near The World islands in Dubai, completion planned for 2017 (updated Mar 2015).
- Pharaohs Theme Park - part of Falconcity of Wonders in Dubailand. Construction delayed or suspended.
- Restless Planet in City of Arabia, Dubailand - a dinosaur theme park in Dubai, construction delayed ... suspended ... cancelled ... renamed as IMG Worlds of Adventure (IMG WOA) theme park?
- SeaWorld Dubai - see Worlds of Discovery Dubai (project abandoned in 2009) or Sea World Abu Dhabi (might open in 2020 or later).
- Sega World Dubai - indoor amusement center in The Dubai Mall with roller coaster and other rides.
- Six Flags joint venture with Tatweer, 5 million sq ft theme park in Dubailand. Announced March 2008? Developer or owner changed to Dubai Parks and Resorts, location changed to Jebel Ali. As of 2017 the park is under construction with planned opening date in late 2019.
- Ski Dubai - not really a theme park but fun all the same. An indoor ski slope at Mall of the Emirates. Advanced skiers will get bored quickly but a great place for learning, and intermediate skiers and snowboarders will enjoy it for a short while.
- Stargate Dubai - theme park in Zabeel Park with small roller coaster, children's educational entertainment, food court, and shops.
- The Lost Valley, Jurassic World style theme park. See IMG Worlds of Adventure (renamed).
- [Cancelled] Universal Studios Dubailand or Dubai (USD), original location in Dubailand area near Dubai Outlet Mall. A later report said USD would be part of Mall of the World (MOTW) in Mohammed bin Rashid City.
- [Cancelled] Dubailand location originally announced in 2007, scheduled to open in 2010, delayed to 2012, then suspended or abandoned. Confirmed cancelled in Oct 2016 when Dubai Holding was reported to have said "Dubai Holding, the global investment holding company, confirmed today that it is no longer in discussions with Universal Parks & Resorts concerning the development of a theme park in Dubai." There was no other information provided regarding the 2012 USD or 2014 MOTW news.
- A list of rides manufactured by Intamin included an entry for Universal Studios Dubailand: "Rapids River Ride Sysem" (water ride) with contract date given as 2009.
- [Assume cancelled] In Nov 2012 it was reported that Universal Studios would be building a new Universal Studios Dubai (USD) indoor theme park as part of the new Mall of the World (MOTW) shopping center development to be located in the new Mohammed Bin Rashid City (MBZ City) mega-project. Assume USD to be suspended or abandoned since a new MOTW project in a different location was announced in 2014 without reference to USD.
- [No USD reference] In Jul 2014, Dubai Holding announced a MOTW project to be located along Sheikh Zayed Rd without referencing the previous MOTW project or Universal Studios. Then in Aug 2016, Dubai Holding said the MOTW project would relocate to a site on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd, again, without referencing either the first MOTW project or Universal Studios.
- Wild Wadi - water park on Jumeirah Beach Road between the Burj Al Arab hotel and the Jumeirah Beach Hotel.
- Worlds of Discovery theme parks on the Jebel Ali Palm Island: Aquatica (December 2012), Busch Gardens (2015), Discovery Cove (2015), and SeaWorld (December 2012). Phase I scheduled to open by 2012. Announced by SeaWorld Entertainment in press release 28 Feb 2008, cancelled or suspended according to news reports February 2009. See SeaWorld Abu Dhabi for new theme park plans.
Disney World Dubai
- A news report 12 May 2005 (source unknown but attributed to what appears to be the fictional "News Wire Agency Services"?) said that Dubai-based master planning agency Nakheel is secretly in talks with the Walt Disney Co. to build their fourth overseas theme park resort in the emirate of Dubai.
- The report quoted an alleged Disney Resort Executive, John Smith, (really? John Smith?) as saying "We cannot affirm anything at the moment, although we are still scouting locations around the world to spread the magic that Walt started almost 50 years ago,"
- And an anonymous executive allegedly from Nakheel supposedly said "We are very proud to add to our roster of large-scale acheivement and this will most likely crown our creative prowess," but that might have just been made up.
- The Financial Express of India said on 16 May 2005 that the US-based media and entertainment major, ... is exploring other markets like Singapore, China and Dubai for setting up Disneyland, industry sources indicated. But didn't clarify which industry sources told them that Dubai was under consideration.
- A year or so later on 23 March 2006, the Gulf News had a report that said Disney was not considering anything in Dubai, quoting James Rasulo, the Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, as saying "The Middle East's tourism industry is in its early days and it will probably continue to grow but we have not looked at Dubai as a destination aggressively seeking development,"
- A report by Business Intelligence Middle East (a real organisation) a couple of years later on 01 March 2007 with the heading 'Disney renewing talks with Dubai?' said The Dubai real estate leader and master planner Nakheel is known to have been secretly in talks with the Walt Disney Co to build its fifth overseas theme park resort in Dubai. The talks, that date back to 2005..., repeating several quotes from the previous apparently hoax or bogus NWAS report.
- As far as we know there are no plans for a 4th Palm Island in Dubai and/or a Dubai Disney Land or World in Dubai or anywhere else in the UAE. But that doesn't stop continued speculation that Dubai might be a possible location for another Disney Land. Then again, many people think of Dubai as a kind of Disneyland fantasy land anyway.
- There are Disneyland or Disney World theme parks already in California (1955) and Florida (1971) in the USA, Tokyo in Japan (1983), Hong Kong (2005), and Paris in France (1992). Another one is opening in Shanghai, China, in 2012 ... 2014 ... 2016. Rumoured locations of other Disneyland amusement parks include Manama or Fisht Al Jarem in Bahrain (news reports in February 2007 but denied by Disney), New Delhi in India (probably not - rumour was denied by Disney (India) MD, Rajat Jain, in May 2005), Israel (denied by Disney), Marrakech in Morocco, Doha in Qatar, Singapore.
List of theme parks in Fujairah
- None that we know of. But you can go diving off Snoopy Island and chase small sharks (or be chased).
List of theme parks in Ras Al Khaimah (RAK)
- Real Madrid sports club amusement park, museum, marina, resort, and probably a football field. Announced in Mar 2012 with opening planned for Jan 2015. Plans suspended or abandoned in 2013.
- Jebel Jais ski resort - a vague plan to create something on a real mountain with real snow. Good luck.
- WOW RAK - water and ice theme park, shopping mall, and other amusements. Opening of Phase I expected by end 2010.
List of theme parks in Sharjah
- Al Qasba - not really a theme park but it has a large Ferris wheel and a few other kiddie rides tucked away behind the restaurants. Also boats available to punt along the canal.
- Safeer Mall Sharjah - indoor theme park with space travel theme, mostly for kids, small roller coaster ride.
- Sahara Center shopping mall - has an adventure land by the upstairs food court with a small roller coaster.
- Sharjah Mega Mall - indoor theme park mostly for kids.
- Water park similar to Wild Wadi in Dubai - on the Al Majaz Waterfront? Opening date June 2013? Developer Sharjah Investment and Development Authority (Shurooq)? Related to the Al Mountazah project? Unclear information supplied.
List of theme parks in Umm Al Quwain
- Dreamland - water park on the coast road between Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah but easier to access from Emirates Road if coming from Dubai or Sharjah.
Future theme parks being built in Abu Dhabi and Dubai - planned, under construction, or coming soon
Looking for theme park jobs? Try one of these places. Best way is to know someone connected to the project, otherwise try the careers section of the theme park or developer website.
- F1-X Dubai Motorcity.
- Six Flags at Dubai Parks and Resorts, Jebel Ali.
- IMG Worlds of Legends, near the first IMG theme park.
- Warner Bros Abu Dhabi.
Deals and offers at Abu Dhabi and Dubai theme parks
- Check if you get a free entry on your birthday. Aquaventure in Dubai does this but you'll need to show passport or Emirates ID, free entry is valid not just on your birthday but for the week following.
- The Entertainer guide (2018 edition) has buy one get one free deals for Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and Dubai Parks and Resorts. Both locations available in Dubai guide.
List of biggest indoor theme parks in the world
Top 5 ranked by size of floor area, not volume or visitor numbers. As of Jan 2018 IMG World is the largest, WBW will take the #1 spot when it opens, and IMG World of Legends will be #1 in 2020 if it opens as planned.
- [Opening proposed for 2020] IMG Worlds of Legends, 2 million sq feet.
- [Opening planned for summer 2018] WBW Abu Dhabi, 1.65 million sq feet.
- IMG World Dubai, 1.5+ million sq feet. Which is 50% bigger than Ferrari World, but Guinness says Ferrari World is the biggest in the world.
- Lotte World, Seoul, South Korea, 1.38 million sq feet. Holds Guinness Book of World Records entry for largest indoor theme park according to them and Wikipedia, but not according to Guinness (which says Ferrari World is the largest).
- [Annual event, not a permanent theme park?] IX Center Indoor Amusement Park, Cleveland, Ohio, USA, 985,000 sq feet.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, 925,000 sq feet. Or 998,000 sq feet according to Guiness Book of World Records, which lists FWAD as the world's largest indoor theme park (as of Jan 2018).
Tropical Islands Spreewald Resort World Themenpark, Brandenburg, Berlin, Germany, 710,000+ sq feet (the water park in an old Zeppelin airship hangar). Has world record for largest indoor water park?
DreamWorks Animation Zone, the large blue building, part of MotionGate Hollywood theme park in Dubai, 45,000 sq meters (about 480,000 sq feet), source of data unknown. Total area for MotionGate given as 1.9 million or 3.5-4.0 million sq feet but that includes outdoor zones (different sources have different figures).
- Jurassic Dream, an indoor theme park in Daqing city, Heilongjiang Province, China. Also designed by Thinkwell Group. Inside because it gets cold outside in winter. Planned opening 2014 but as of 2018 construction appears to have slowed or halted. From models and concept art (sometimes mistakenly used to illustrate WB World in Abu Dhabi), it looks like it could be similar in size to WBW. Exact figure not provided. Press release in 2012 said it would have an "atrium of 128-meters long (419 foot) and 28.5-meters high (93 foot)" which is about 40,000 sq ft.
- [Closed in Aug 2017] Genting Indoor Theme Park (First World Hotel Plaza Theme Park), Genting Highlands, Malaysia, 500,000 sq feet. New theme park, Twentieth Century Fox World Malaysia planned with area about 1 million sq feet (25 acres or 10 ha), but that seems to be for both indoor and outdoor areas.
- [Proposed] 20th Century Fox World Dubai, total area 3.25 million sq feet (75 acres, 30 ha) but source of data unknown, and from concept images, appears to be both indoor and outdoor areas. Project construction appears to be suspended or not yet started as of end 2017.
- [Largest in USA] Nickelodeon Universe. Existing one in Mall of America, Minnesota is 7 acres (28,000 sq m or 300,000 sq feet). A new one opening in 2018 in the American Dream Mall, New Jersey, is 8.5 acres (34,000 sq m or 370,000 sq ft).
Other headings, table columns
- Prices, offers, timings, water theme parks, children's theme parks, developer or operator (IMG, DPR, Aldar, Emaar, Meraas, Miral, etc).
Last update Friday 02-Feb-2018. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.