Global Village Dubai
Global Village in Dubai
Global Village (GV) in Dubai is an area in Dubailand with a international collection of pavilions representing different countries from around the world, selling trinkets, food, clothes which are representative of the culture and country. Global Village location, map, timings, dates, and other information.
Global Village 2013-2014 dates and information
- Global Village dates for 2013-2014 season are Sat 05 Oct 2013 to Sat 12 Apr 2014 (extended dates announced 25 Feb 2014). Original closing date was 01 Mar 2014 (announced 11 Aug 2013).
- Opening times extended to 0200 from 10-19 Oct 2013, and to 0300 on 14-15 Oct 2013.
- Funfair theme park rides, entertainment, and services for 2013-2014 will be provided by Mellors Group Events (UK). Announced 28 Aug 2013 (WAM).
- New "Fantasy Island" theme park with 36 rides and games, with a "Coney Island" fairground atmosphere and wooden decking.
- New food court area with more restaurants from different countries.
- Children’s entertainment includes Moshi Monster, Fairy Tales on Ice (featuring Aladdin, Pinocchio, Snow White, and others), various shows with special effects.
- New country pavilions include Germany, France, Italy.
- Weekly competition prize draw for an Audi A4, except during the Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF).
- DSF prize draws will be held at Global Village during the DSF event.
Global Village 2012-2013 dates and information
- Opening date 21 October 2012. Open for 161 days, ends in March 2013. Free entry on opening day.
- Family day (no single men) on Mondays (except for during Eid Al Adha holiday weekend - open to all).
- New for 2012-2013:
- A 3D mapping show showcasing the heritage, culture and growth of Dubai, lasting 4 minutes.
- New country pavilions for Austria, Brazil, Greece, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa.
- Displays showcasing some countries from Eastern Europe.
- Mini-train tour of Global Village.
- Weekly draw for a Chevrolet Camaro held on weekends, enter draw with park entry ticket.
- Total of 36 country pavilions.
- Extended weekend hours from 1600-0200 or 0300 from 21 October to 02 November 2012 as part of the Eid Al Adha Eid in Dubai celebrations. Monday family day open to all between these dates.
Dubai Global Village general information
- Global Village is associated with the Dubai Shopping Festival, although the GV runs longer than the DSF.
- Global Village timings are usually around 1600-2400 weekdays, and 1600-0100 weekends.
- Mondays is family day only - men are not allowed to enter, or maybe men with families (their own) only. Check with GV first.
- First season of the Global Village was in 1996 (or 1997 according to some information seen in Aug 2013??), held on the Deira side of Dubai Creek in the car park opposite the Dubai Municipality building. GV then moved to Oud Metha, then Dubai Festival City until 2004-2005.
- Moved to Dubailand location for the 2005-2006 season.
Dubai Global Village Theme Park
- The Global Village has a small selection of somewhat underwhelming theme park rides, games, and amusements.
- The Ferris wheel goes high enough you can see more sand than you usually would from ground level. On a clear day you'll get a good view of the Burj Dubai. If anything else gets built in Dubailand then it will become a more interesting trip.
- There are a couple of very short roller coaster rides, and a few other machines that spin you round and try and shake your lunch out.
- Also the usually collection of prize-winning activities you'd find at most amusement parks and fairgrounds.
Dubai Global Village numbers and statistics
|Year||Location||Start Date||End Date||Countries||Pavilions||Visitors|
|2013||Dubailand||05 Oct 2013||01 Mar 2014|
|2012||Dubailand||12 Oct 2012||36|
|2011||Dubailand||31 Mar 2012||45||29||5 million|
|2010||Dubailand||11 Nov 2010|
|2009||Dubailand||22 Nov 2009||27 Feb 2010|
|2007||Dubailand||13 Dec 2007||01 Mar 2008|
|2004||Dubai Festival City|
Global Village Dubai dates 2011-2012 (16th GV in Dubai)
- Closing date extended from 03 March 2012 to 31 March 2012 (WAM announcement 23 February 2012).
- Global Village closed on Sunday 26 February 2012 due to bad weather (high winds and sandstorms).
- Numbers and statistics for 2011-2012 Global Village (Khaleej Times 01 April 2012) - about 5 million visitors, duration 151 days, value of trade volume about AED 1.5 billion, area of Gloabl Village about 17 million square meters with 29 pavilions, 45 countries, 2,600 shops, about 10,000 staff. New countries for 2011-2012 included Kyrgyzstan, Spain, Tunisia.
Global Village Dubai dates 2010-2011 (15th edition)
- Opening date of the 15th season of Dubai Global Village is 11 November 2010. Duration 111 days.
- Registration for retail shops, services providers, restaurants and cafes from 21-31 August 2010, and for kiosks from 21 Aug-19 Sep 2010 (21 August 2010 press release).
Dubai Global Village 2009-2010
- 2009 Global Village dates from 22 November 2009 to 27 February 2010. The 2009 season of the Global Village lasted 99 days.
- Admission fee AED 10 for adults.
- Events and activities included Art of Fire, Chinese Poles, Electrifying Bounce!, Skywheel Stunt Show, The Trampoline Show.
- On Saturday 27 February 2010 there were reports that the Indian Pavilion collapsed because of strong wind and rain in a sudden storm in Dubai, resulting in the death of one person, and injury to 13 others.
- The CEO of Global Village, Saeed Ali Bin Redha, issued a statement the next day which said "Regrettably, we also confirm that an incident occurred on Saturday evening due to the extreme and unexpected weather conditions, when an element of the Indian pavilion entrance fell. As a result of this accident, 14 people were taken to hospital by ambulance where one of the injured later died."
Dubai Global Village 2008-2009
Dubai Global Village 2007-2008
- Global Village 2007-2008 dates from 13 December 2007 to 1 March 2008.
- Opening hours 4 pm to midnight Sunday to Wednesday, 4 pm to 1 am on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- Global Village signed an agreement (MOU) with the Mohammed Bin Rashid Establishment for Young Business Leaders which allows members to get a 50% discount on rental cost for kiosks at the Global Village. Apply before 15 November 2007 (press release 29 September 2007).
Dubai Global Village contact details and location
- Dubai Global Village location is in Dubailand on Emirates Road, it is signposted from the Dubai-Al Ain and the Dubai-Hatta roads.
- Contact Customer Service tel +971-4-3624114, fax +971-4-362-4200, email email@example.com (last checked 01 Sep 2013 - fax not confirmed).
- For leasing information, contact Sales Department, tel +971-4-3624000, fax +971-4-3624200, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Postal address: Global Village Dubai, PO Box 117777, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Last update Sunday 09-Mar-2014. Page development 4L 5C.
- Dubai - introduction guide and information.
- Dubai for tourists - another introductory guide with useful tips.
- Dubai Shopping Event - annual shopping festival during January and February.
- Dubailand - giant container area for Global Village, and other developments.
- Global Village Abu Dhabi - similar event but smaller, Six Continents at Khalida Park in Abu Dhabi city.
- Global Village Dubai - discussion topic in forum, add your comments.
- Shopping centers in Dubai - smaller areas than Global Village to do your shopping in.
- Shopping malls in Dubai - other places to buy stuff.
- Tatweer - parent company and developer of Global Village.
- Theme parks in Dubai - more fun and dizziness.
- Tourist guide to Dubai - list of things to do and suggested itineraries for visitors.
- www.globalvillage.ae - Dubai Global Village website, not www.globalvillage.com which is unrelated to GV Dubai.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.