Eid Al Adha 2018 and 2019 dates UAE
Eid Al Adha 2018 start and end dates for Dubai and UAE, subject to confirmation. Also dates for 2019.
- Eid Al Adha is known as the Festival of Sacrifice to commemorate when Ibrahim was willing to sacrifice his son Ismail according to the will of Allah. However, Allah allowed Ibrahim to sacrifice a ram in place of his son.
- The festival is celebrated in the Muslim world by the sacrifice of usually a goat or a lamb, and the meat distributed to family, friends, and those in need.
- The Eid Al Ahda holiday begins at sunset on the day before the actual day of the holiday. Public sector employees in the UAE usually get 4 days holiday, the private sector 2 or 3 days holiday. If Eid Al Adha falls on a Friday, private sector workers don't normally get an extra day holiday in lieu (Friday is the off-day for most workers in the UAE). Public sector workers might get an extra day to compensate.
Eid Al Adha dates for Dubai and UAE
||Eid Al Adha
||Public sector holiday
||Private sector holiday
||04 October 2014
||03-06 October 2014
||03-05 October 2014
||15 October 2013
||14-19 October 2013
||14-16 October 2013
||26 October 2012
||25-28 October 2012
||25-27 October 2012
||06 November 2011
||05-08 November 2011
||05-07 November 2011
- Dates in italics are approximate or estimates only until confirmed by moon sighting committee.
Eid Al Adha UAE dates and public holidays 2014
- 25 Sep 2014 (WAM) - holidays announced by the Federal Authority of Human Resources (FAHR) for Eid Al Adha in the UAE:
- Public sector government ministries and federal organisations from 03-06 Oct 2014 (Friday to Monday), back to work Tuesday 07 October 2014.
- Private sector workers from 03-05 Oct 2014 (Friday to Sunday), back to work Monday 06 October 2014.
Eid Al Adha 2013 in UAE
- 06 Oct 2013 (WAM) - holidays announced for Eid Al Adha 2013 in the UAE
(UAE cabinet and ministry annoucements):
- Mon 14 to Wed 16 Oct 2013 for the private sector, back to work on Thu 17 Oct 2013.
- Sun 13 to Sat 19 Oct 2013 for the public sector, back to work on Sun 20 Oct 2013.
- Fri 11 Oct to Sat 19 Oct 2013 for the public sector according to Humaid Mohammad Obaid Al Qutami, UAE Minister of Education. Presumably that announcement refers to government schools, not clear if private schools also included, although some reports said it applied to all public sector workers (which sort of makes sense since government departments are usually closed on Fri and Sat anyway).
- 30 Sep 2013 - WAM news said that the first day of Eid Al Adha is expected be Tuesday 15 October 2013 in most Islamic countries, based on a statement from the Islamic Crescents Observation Project (ICOP) which said "The sighting of the crescent should be possible in most regions of the world with the naked eye on Sunday October 6 2013, therefore it is predictable that day will be the first of Dhu Al Hijjah 1434 AH, and therefore the 10th Dhul Al Hijjah 1434 AH, or Tuesday October 15 2013, is expected to be the first day of Eid Al Adha." There was no statement made confirming private sector holiday dates in the UAE.
- 25 Aug 2013 - Gulf News reported that the UAE private sector will have Eid Al Ahda holiday from Mon-Wed 14-16 Oct 2013 and return to work on Thu 17 Oct 2013, and the UAE public government sector will have holidays from Mon-Sat 14-19 Oct 2013 and return to work on Sun 20 Oct 2013.
- 25 Aug 2013 - WAM news said The UAE's Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department (IACAD), has published a calendar containing the dates of the upcoming 2013 Eid Al Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) holidays, starting on Arafat Day on Monday, October 14, 2013.
- 23 Aug 2013 - Emirates 24-7 reported that Eid holidays will begin from October 14, Monday, until Saturday the 19th, according to a calendar prepared by Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department in Dubai.
- A number of sources say Eid Al Adha is expected to be 15 October 2013, with the holiday starting on the evening of 14 October 2013.
Eid Al Adha 2012 in Dubai
- See below for events and entertainment
Eid Al Adha 2011 in Dubai and UAE
- 2011 Eid Al Ahda holiday dates for the UAE announced 31 October 2011 (WAM news).
- Federal Ministries in the UAE closed from 05-08 November 2011.
- Many schools announced they would close from 06-10 November 2011 (which means students would return Sunday 13 November 2011 after the weekend). But the UAE Ministry of Education said schools must open again on Wednesday 09 November 2011, unless they had prior approval from the ministry for an extended break.
Eid Al Adha UAE dates 2010
Eid Al Adha (or Eid ul Adha, Id al Adha ) holiday
- Airports and border crossings are busy as many people take the opportunity to go overseas for a holiday and/or to visit family and friends.
Eid Al Adha 2013 events in Dubai and UAE
- "Eid in Dubai" - Eid Al Adha celebration in Dubai with entertainment, extended shopping hours, etc. Slogan or theme for 2013 is "Eid Al Adha unites us in Celebration"
- Dubai Metro timings Eid 2013 (Eid al Adha) (last train departs end stations about 1 hour before closing time):
- Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 0530-0300 next day (or 0500-0300 - both start times seen published but the 0500 might have been an error).
- Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 1000-0300 next day.
- 12-14 Oct 2013 (Sat, Sun, Mon) - 0530-2400 (midnight).
- 15-17 Oct 2013 (Tue, Wed, Thu) - 0530-0300 next morning.
- Fri 18 Oct 2013 - 1000-0300 next morning.
- Sat 19 Oct 2013 - 0530-0300 next morning.
- "Dubai 24 Hours" - shopping malls in Dubai will be open extended hours, some of them 24 hours for two days (extended hours start 10 Oct 2013, 24 hrs start on 15 Oct 2013).
- Malls open 48 hours (or more) straight through are: Arabian Centre, Deira City Centre, Dubai Festival City Mall, Lamcy Plaza, Mall of the Emirates, Mirdiff City Center, The Dubai Mall i.e. from 10am on 15 Oct to 2am or 3am on 18 Oct 2013. Some reports said the Oasis Center is also part of the 24 hrs opening times.
- Extended opening times from 1000 to 0200 (restaurants open until 0300, Dubai Mall everything except Kidzania open until 3am) from 10-19 October 2013 for the above malls.
- Other malls open extended hours 1000 to 2400 (or possibly later) from 10-19 October 2013 are Al Ghurair City (10am-midnight, restaurants until 1am), BurJuman Center, Dubai Outlet Mall, Ibn Battuta Mall, Mercato Mall. Some reports said Wafi Center also.
- Dubai 24 Hour and Eid in Dubai mall timings:
- 10-14 Oct 2013 (Thu-Mon) - malls open at 1000 (10am), close at 2200 (10pm), 2400 (midnight), 0200 or 0300 (2am or 3am) next morning.
- 15-17 Oct 2013 (Tue-Thu) - malls not part of the Dubai 24 hours group open at 1000, close at 2200, 2400, 0200, or 0300.
- 15-17 Oct 2013 - Dubai 24 Hours malls open 1000 on 15 Oct 2013, stay open 24 hrs (midnight to midnight) on 15-16 and 16-17 Oct 2013, close at 0200 or 0300 on morning of 18 Oct 2013. Or (same thing using different numbers) 24 hrs 10am-10am on 15-16 and 16-17 Oct 2013, and normal Eid in Dubai hours on 17 Oct 2013 (10am to 0200 or 0300 early morning of 18 Oct 2013).
- 18-19 Oct 2013 (Fri-Sat) - malls open at 1000 (10am), close at 2200 (10pm), 2400 (midnight), 0200 or 0300 (2am or 3am) next morning.
- Banks in Dubai shopping malls - don't count on them being open the same hours as shops. They might even be closed (at least for teller transactions) on some days.
- Parking (public) is free in RTA parking zones from Sun 13 to Fri 18 Oct 2013, except for the Fish Market parking zone and multi-story car park buildings.
- Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience - 10 Oct 2013 at The Dubai Mall.
Eid Al Adha in Sharjah 2013
Eid Al Adha events in Dubai 2012 - "Eid in Dubai"
- Burj Khalifa observation deck will be open 24 hrs on weekends during Eid Al Ahda and weekends from 18-19 October to 01-02 November 2012.
- "Dubai 24 Hours" - some shopping centers and shopping malls in Dubai will remain open 24 hrs per day during Eid Al Ahda (news reports 30 Sep 2012). And during weekends from 18 October to 02 November 2012. The "Dubai 24 Hours" shopping initiative has the slogan "Shop All Day, Shop All Night".
- Dubai Metro Eid timings during Eid Al Adha 2012 are:
- 18 Oct 2012 - 0530 to 0400 next day (19 Oct 2013).
- 19 Oct 2012 (Fri) - 1000-0400 next day (apparently, we're not 100% sure, normal Fri timings are 1300-0100).
- 20-24 Oct 2012 - normal operating times (0530 to 2400 or 0100).
- 25 Oct 2012 - 0530 to 0400 next day (16 Oct 2012).
- 26 Oct 2012 (Fri) - 1000 to 0400 next day (27 Oct 2012).
- 27-28 Oct 2012 - 0530 to 0400 next day (28-29 Oct 2012).
- 29-31 Oct 2012 - normal operating times (0530 to 2400 or 0100).
- 01 Nov 2012 - 0530 to 0400 next day (02 Nov 2012).
- 02 Nov 2012 (Fri) - information not supplied so presumably normal operating hours (1300-0100).
- Eid in Dubai celebrations, the metro will operate from 5:30am to 4am on October 18 and on October 25, 27 and 28 to coincide with the Eid holidays, and on November 1. 12, 19, 26
On Fridays during this period, the trains will run from 10am to 4am. Trains will continue with normal operation hours on weekdays.
- Global Village opening date 21 Oct 2012, free entry on opening day. Opening hours 1600-0300 during Eid Al Adha holidays.
Eid in Dubai - Eid Al Adha
- "Eid in Dubai - Eid Al Adha" is a shopping and entertainment initiative or promotion by the Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), a subsidiary the Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM). Launched in 2008.
Eid Al Adha working times and hours for government departments and services in Dubai ...
- Most government departments will be closed. Essential services such as water, electricity, telephones, and shopping centers will remain operational.
Last update Thursday 02-Oct-2014. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.