Eid Al Fitr 2013 dates UAE
Eid Al Fitr 2013 start and end dates for Dubai and UAE are announced at the end of Ramadan depending on moonsighting. Holiday dates for public and private sector announced near the end of Ramadhan.
Eid Al Fitr dates for Dubai and UAE
||Eid Al Fitr start
||Eid Al Fitr end
||19 August 2012
||21 August 2012
||17 Aug - 21 Aug 2012
||19-20 Aug 2012
||31 August 2011
||02 September 2011
||28 Aug - 03 Sep 2011
||10 September 2010
||12 September 2010
||29 Ramadan - 03 Shawal
||20 September 2009
||22 September 2009
||19-22 September 2009
||19-21 September 2009
||30 September 2008
||29 Sep - 04 Oct 2008
||30 Sep - 01 Oct 2008
- Dates in italics are approximate or estimates only until confirmed by moon sighting committee.
Eid Al Fitr UAE dates and public holidays 2012
- 17 Aug 2012 - Last day of Ramadan is Saturday 18 August 2012, and Eid Al Fitr starts on Sunday 19 August 2012.
- 15 Aug 2012 - Eid Al Fitr expected to start on 19 August 2012 according to astronomical calculations by Ibrahim Jarwan, Astronomy researcher and General Supervisor at Sharjah Planetarium (WAM news).
- 12 Aug 2012 (WAM) - Eid Al Fitr holidays announced for the public sector as 17-20 or 21 August 2012 depending on whether Eid starts on 18 or 19 August 2012. Private sector holidays announced as first and second day of Eid (18-19 or 19-20 August 2012).
- 10 May 2012 (WAM) - Eid Al Fitr was forecast to start on 19 August 2012 by Ibrahim Al Jarwan, Astronomy Researcher and Supervisor of Sharjah Planetarium, who was reported as saying ''The crescent moon of Shawwal 1433 will born on Friday 17th August 2012, at 5:54 pm local time, and the sunset will be at 6:49 pm same day"
Eid Al Fitr UAE dates and public holidays 2011
First day of Eid Al Fitr for 2011 appears to be 31 August to 2011 according to news reports 21 August 2011, but confirmation might not be until the end of Ramadan. Emirates 24-7 reported that The first day of Eid Al Fitr will be on Wednesday, August 31, in most Muslim countries, Wam said, quoting Mohammed Shawkat Awdah, head of Islamic Crescents Observation.
- Public sector Eid Al Fitr 2011 holiday dates in the UAE announced as Sunday 28 August to 03 September 2011 according to WAM news report 21 August 2011 -
The Federal Authority for Government Human Resources today announced that Eid Al Fitr Holidays in ministries and federal institutions will start from Sunday, 28th of Ramadan 1432 (28th of August, 2011) to 3rd Sept. Some conflicting reports said the holiday would end on 04 September for the public sector.
- Private sector Eid Al Fitr 2011 holiday dates in the UAE announced as Shawwal 1 and Shawwal 2, the first two days of Eid, which seems likely to be Wednesday 31 August 2011 and Thursday 01 September 2011 but that was not clearly stated in the announcement and might depend on a moon sighting. WAM news report said All business establishments in the private sector will observe the first and second days of the month of Shawwal as the Eid-al-Fitr holidays.
Eid Al Fitr UAE dates 2010
Eid Al Fitr dates announced as starting Friday 10 September 2010 by Dr Hadef Jouan Al Dhahiri (Dr Hadef Bin Ju'an Al Dhaheri), chairman of the UAE Shawwal Moon Sighting Committee and UAE Minister of Justice, and Thursday 09 September 2010 is the last day of Ramadan (30 Ramadan 1431 Hijri) (Emirates News Agency report 08 September 2010).
- Eid Al Fitr holiday dates for UAE federal ministries and government departments (public sector) announced 05 September 2010 - will be from 29 Ramadan to 03 Shawwal (start date 08 September 2010, end date Sunday or Monday depending on when Eid Al Fitr actually starts). That means pretty much anything government related is closed.
- One exception is the Dubai immigration department at the Bin Sougat Mall in Rashidiya which is open 2130-0030 (9:30pm to 12:30am every day of the Eid Al Fitr holiday for 2010) for Dubai visa related procedures.
- Eid Al Fitr dates are forecast to start Friday 10 September 2010 according to the Islamic Crescents Observation Project (ICOP) (Emirates News Agency report 29 August 2010).
- Dubai Airport continues to operate as normal, 24 hrs per day.
- Shopping malls and shopping centers in Dubai will be open as normal.
- Eid Al Fitr holidays for the UAE private sector will be 01 and 02 Shawal, which means probably Friday and Saturday, or Thursday and Friday. In other words, a one day holiday for most since Friday is normally a holiday anyway. No wonder Emiratis and expats prefer to work in the public sector if they can. WAM report 06 September 2010 said
The Eid Al-Fitr holiday (paid holiday) for private sector will be on the first and second of Shawwal 1431 Hijri year, according to a ministerial circular issued by the Minister of Labour, Saqr Ghubash (Sagr Ghobash).
Eid Al Fitr (or Eid ul Fitr / Id al Fitr ) holiday
- Eid Al Fitr is a holiday that marks the end of Ramadan, and the start of the next month in the Islamic calendar (Shawwal - the tenth month).
- Eid is usually a 3 day festival but length of holiday might vary from 2 days in the private sector to 5 or 6 days in the public sector.
- The Eid AlFitr start date is announced after a moon sighting committee decision at the end of Ramadan.
- Airports and border crossings are busy as many people take the opportunity to go overseas for a holiday and/or to visit family and friends.
Eid Al Fitr 2012 events in the UAE
- Abu Dhabi EidFest from 19-21 Aug 2012 - new annual event launched by the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi). Events and activities include concerts and shows, children's entertainment, special exhibitions, competitions, special offers. Information booths at major shopping centers in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain will operate during Eid Al Fitr from 1000-2200.
Eid Al Fitr 2011 events in the UAE
Eid in Dubai 2011
- Shoppiesta - a "consumer lifestyle fair" or something, held at the Meydan racecourse grandstand over a 5 day period during Eid. Shopping, eating, entertainment, concerts, adventure and sports activities. Opening ceremony held on Wednesday 31 August 2011 with a show called "Elements of Earth"
Eid Al Fitr 2010 events in Dubai and UAE
- The Dubai Mall - a range of events, activities, and competitions including
Eid band performances, henna painting, Ramadan tents, falconry, heritage activities, traditional Dabkeh and Tanoora dance performances, oudh and qanoon music performances, street painting exhibition, photography display by the Emirates Fine Arts Society and Pink Pepper Photography, Eidaya sweets from guest service desks, Tickles & Giggles tents with story telling for children, jewellery making, Barney Shows. Raffle prizes (drawn on 19 September 2010) include 'Dream Emirates Holiday' to Seychelles or Jordan, and 'Downtown Dream' packages to
The Address Dubai Mall hotel.
Eid in Dubai 2010
Eid in Dubai is a program of shopping offers, events, fireworks displays, concerts, etc organised by the Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (DEPE). Events and activities include
- Ben 10 - 25 minute live stunt action for children with characters Ben Tennyson, Four Arms, and Wildmutt. Free.
- Hello Kitty Show - Hello Kitty, Dear Daniel, and My Melody in a musical performance. Free.
- Barney's Beach Party - Barney the dinosaur, Baby Bop, and BJ show. Free.
- Lazy Town children's TV show stage show.
- Aquafantasia show with fireworks, laser lights, and water displays.
- Dino Live Exhibition at Dubai Festival City - dinosaur and Jurassic age exhibition
- Back-to-School party at Dubai Airport Expo - stationery exhibition, and fun fair with games and activities.
- Comedy play 'Me, My Wife and Obama', three shows during Eid Al Fitr 2010.
- Atlantis 'Irresistible Eid Package' hotel accommodation and entertainment packages starting at AED 1,470 per night. Includes room, free access to Aquaventure and The Lost Chambers, discount on swimming with the dolphins, free access to Kid's Club from 1100-1800, free access for teenagers to Club Rush, free access to 'Eid Cool Summer Nights' at Aquaventure Waterpark.
Eid in Dubai Concerts
- Fares Karam and Shaza Hasson concert Al Bustan Rotana on 12 September 2010 from 2130. Ticket prices AED 600, AED 800, AED 1200.
- Iranian concert at the Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) on 10 September 2010 featuring Andy, Afshin, Sepideh, and Erfan. Ticket prices AED 365 and AED 500 for VIP.
- Iranian concert at the DWTC on 11 September 2010 featuring Benyamin and Ali Ashabi, ticket prices AED 299 and AED 499
- Fadel Shaker, Elissa, Jannat, Hussein Al Jasmi, Mona Amrsha, and Shereen Abdel Wahab at the Madinat Arena on 11 & 12 September 2010. Cancelled.
Eid Al Fitr in Sharjah 2010
- Qanat Al Qasba - Ebru workshop on second day of Eid from 0700, conducted by Osman Fidan, Researcher at the Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization. Ebru is the art of paper marbling, complementing Arabic calligraphy, and used to decorate Holy Quran manuscripts.
- Sharjah Museum timings: closed on 29 Ramadan 1431 Hijri (Wednesday 08 September 2010) and first day of Eid Al Fitr - 01 Shawwal (Friday 10 September 2010). Maybe also 30 Ramadan (Thursday 09 September 2010) - check with museum first. Open from 02 Shawwal (Saturday 11 September 2010) but hours might vary from normal opening times (press release 08 Sep 2010).
Eid Al Fitr working times and hours for government departments and services in Dubai ...
Most government departments will be closed. Essential services such as water, electricity, telephones, and shopping centers will remain operational.
- Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry Membership and Documentation Services Department (Head Office and Jebel Ali branches) - Wed 08 Sep 2010 from 0800-1300. Closed Thu-Sat, reopen Sun 12 Sep 2010 from 0800-1300 if Eid starts on Friday, or normal hours if Eid starts on Thursday. Normal hours from Mon 13 Sep 2010 in either case. All other offices closed during Eid (press release 08 Sep 2010).
- Dubai Cutoms opening hours (2012):
- Dubai International Airport customs posts (all terminals), Customs Centers at Dubai Cargo Village, Hatta Customs Center, Customs Declaration Management at Port Rashid, Coastal Berth Customs Center, and Creek Entry Customs Center open 24/7 during the Eid holiday.
- Dubai International Airport Free Zone Inspection Center open 0730-2200 daily.
- Multi-Commodities Customs Center open 0900-2100 daily.
- Creek Customs Center open 0800-1300 on the 2nd and 3rd days of Eid
- Port Rashid Customs center open on the 3rd day of Eid from 0800-1300
- Postal Customs Center open 0900-1300 on the 2nd and 3rd days of Eid.
- Hamriyah Port Customs Center open 0800-1300 daily.
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA) - All primary healthcare centers closed on first day of Eid (19 August 2012). On 20-21 August 2012, centers will be open from 0800-1300. All centers open on 30th day of Ramadan (18 August 2012) from 0900-1400. Al Safa and Al Mamzar centers open from 2030-2400 on the 29th and 30th day of Ramadan (17-18 August 2012).
- Ministry of Health (MOH) Eid Al Fitr holiday timings for health centers and clinics will be 0800-1300 and 1700-2300. Hospital emergency departments will be open 24/7 (WAM report 07 September 2010).
- RTA Dubai (2012):
- Bus services - commercial buses and inter-city bus services at Main Stations (Ghubaiba, etc) will operate 24 hours, subsidiary stations (Sabkha, Union Square, Deira City Center, Karama, etc) operate 0600-2400, external stations (Sharjah-Bur Dubai etc) operate 24 hrs. Services to Sharjah, Deira, Abu Dhabi, Fujairah, Ajman and Hatta operate from 0600-2400.
- Bus stations - main bus stations (Gold Souq and Al Ghubaiba) open 0600-2400 (midnight), subsidiary bus depots (Satwa, Al Qusais, Al Quoz Industrial, Jebel Ali) also 0600-2400, Dubai Metro Feeder Bus Stations (Rashidiya, Mall of the Emirates, Ibn Battuta, Abu Hail, Burj Khalifa, Etisalat) open 0600-0100 next day.
- Customer Service Centers closed from 29th day of Ramadan until 3rd day of Shawwal (3rd day of Eid), re-opening on 4th day of Shawwal.
- Driving schools and centers: Emirates Driving Institute, Belhasa Driving Center, Dubai Driving Center, Galadari Driving Center, Al Ahli Driving Center, and Dubai International Driving Center closed first and second days of Eid, reopening on the third day of Eid.
- Dubai Metro - operating hours 0550-0100 next day from 17-22 August 2012. Except Friday, metro might not start until 1300 (normal Friday start time).
- Marine transport during Eid holidays: Water Bus from 0700-2200, Water Taxi from 1000-2200, Ferry Dubai from 0900-2100
- Parking zones in Dubai (paid) - free parking from 29 Ramadan to 03 Shawwal, except for Fish Market parking areas and multi-level parking areas.
- Vehicle testing and registration centers closed all three days of Eid.
... and UAE
- Post offices in UAE (2012) - all are closed on first day of Eid Al Fitr, the following main post offices will open from 0900-1300 on the other days of Eid Al Fitr (other post offices will remain closed during Eid Al Fitr):
- Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi Central Post Office and Hamdan Post Office
- Ajman: Ajman Central Post Office
- Al Ain: Al Ain Central Post Office
- Dubai: Dubai Central Post Office and Al Khor Post Office
- Fujairah: Fujairah Central Post Office, Dibba Al Fujairah Post Office and Khorfakkan Post Office
- RAK: Ras Al Khaimah Central Post Office, Al Uraibi Post Office
- Sharjah: Sharjah Central Post Office and Al Ghuwair Post Office
- UAQ: Umm Al Quwain Industrial Post Office
Last update Monday 17-Sep-2012. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.