Eid Ul Fitr 2019 and 2020 dates UAE
Eid Al Fitr 2019 start and end dates for Dubai and UAE are announced at the end of Ramadan depending on moonsighting. Holiday dates for public and private sector announced near the end of Ramadhan. Same for 2020 dates.
Eid Al Fitr dates for Dubai and UAE
||Eid Al Fitr start
||Eid Al Fitr end
||17 July 2015
||19 July 2014
||16 Jul to 03 Shawwal
||17-18 Jul 2015
||28 July 2014
||30 July 2014
||25 Jul to 02 Aug 2014
||28-29 Jul 2014
||08 August 2013
||10 August 2013
||29 Ramadan - 03 Shawal
||19 August 2012
||21 August 2012
||17 Aug - 21 Aug 2012
||19-20 Aug 2012
||31 August 2011
||02 September 2011
||28 Aug - 03 Sep 2011
||10 September 2010
||12 September 2010
||29 Ramadan - 03 Shawal
||20 September 2009
||22 September 2009
||19-22 Sep 2009
||19-21 Sep 2009
||30 September 2008
||29 Sep - 04 Oct 2008
||30 Sep - 01 Oct 2008
- Dates in italics are approximate or estimates only until confirmed by moon sighting committee.
- Public sector holidays for Eid are usually the last two days of Ramadan and the first 3 days of Shawal.
- Private sector holidays are usually the first two days of Shawal.
Eid Al Fitr dates in the UAE 2015
- 02 Jul 2015 (WAM) - Eid Al Fitr for the public sector announced as Thu 16 Jul 2015 (Ramadan 29) until Shawwal 03. Private sector holiday will be Shawal 01-02 which is likely to be Fri-Sat 17-18 Aug 2015, to be confirmed by moon sighting committee on Thu or Fri for the last day of Ramadan.
Eid Al Fitr dates in the UAE 2014
All information speculative until confirmed by moonsighting committee and official announcements. Some independent information here: www.moonsighting.com/1435shw.html (lists 01 Shawwal by country as decisions are announced).
- 27 Jul 2014 (~9:30pm) - the UAE moonsighting committee has announced that Eid Al Fitr will start tomorrow, Monday 28 Jul 2014 (WAM news). Eid Mubarak!
- 27 Jul 2014 (~8:30pm) - Saudi Arabia has reportedly announced that Eid ul Fitr will start on Monday 28 Jul 2014 after the new moon crescent was sighted on the evening of 27 Jul 2014. Not yet officially confirmed.
- 27 Jul 2014 (WAM) - UAE moonsighting committee will meet tonight (Sunday) in Abu Dhabi after Magreb prayers at 7pm to decide if the new Shawal moon can be seen, and a decision of the first day of Eid is expected to be announced after 9pm UAE time. Various astronomy organizations including the Islamic Crescents' Observation Project (ICOP) have said the new moon will be visible and 01 Shawal 1435 H. will be on 28 July 2014. Skies across UAE are hazy and cloudy today which might affect moonsighting committee decision.
- 20 Jul 2014 (WAM) - private sector holidays announced by the UAE Ministry of Labour as first two days of the month of Shawal, which means private sector Eid break is likely to be Mon-Tue 28-29 July 2014 or Tue-Wed 29-30 July 2014, depending on whether last day of Ramadan is 27 or 28 July 2014 (will be 27 July 2014 according to Sharjah Planetarium).
- 20 Jul 2014 (WAM) - official Eid Al Fitr holidays for the public sector - government ministries and federal authorities - will start Sun 27 Jul 2014 (29 Ramadan, 1435 Hijri), and end Sat 02 Aug 2014, with normal hours resuming on Sun 03 Aug 2014. This means public sector Eid break including the weekends runs from Fri 25 Jul to Sat 02 Aug 2014.
- 15 Jul 2014 - Sharjah Planetarium announced they expected that Sun 27 July 2014 would be the last day of Ramadan, and Mon 28 July 2014 would be first day of Eid Al Fitr and the month of Shawwal. If not Sun, then Mon 28 Jul 2014 would be the last day of Ramadan, and Eid would start on Tue 29 Jul 2014.
- 19 Jun 2014 (WAM) - Sharjah Planetarium announced that Ramadan is expected to start on 29 Jun 2014, end on 27 Jul 2014, and the first day of Shawwal and Eid Al Fitr would be Monday 28 July 2014.
Opening times, car parking, events
- Bus routes, metro feeder buses, and bus stations operate from 0510, 0530, or 0600 until 2345-0015 except for Jebel Ali Station (closes at 2130), and route C01 (operates 24 hrs from Satwa bus station). Information on other night bus routes not provided (eg F55A from Satwa to Al Maktoum Airport).
- RTA intercity bus stations opening times: 24 hrs for Sharjah Al Jubail and Dubai Al Ghubaiba; 0530-2400 for other Dubai stations; 0500-2355 for Abu Dhabi; approx 0530 to 2100 for Ajman, Hatta, Fujairah.
- Car parking free in RTA public carpark areas from Sun 27 Jul to Fri 01 Aug 2014, expect for the Fishmarket car park, and multi-storey parking buildings.
- Dubai metro operating hours extended to 0100 the following day on Mon 28 to Wed 30 July 2014 (closing time is 0100 Tue, Wed, Thu).
- Vehicle testing centers closed from Sun 27 Jul to Wed 30 Jul 2014, including 24 hr centers at Al Barsha and Al Twar ENOC stations.
Eid Ul Fitr UAE opening hours, dates and public holidays 2013
- 07 Aug 2013 - End of Ramadan announced as 07 Aug 2013. Eid Al Fitr holidays start Thu 08 Aug 2013.
- Shopping mall opening hours in Dubai during Eid Al Fitr 2013
- Abu Dhabi malls and Al Ain malls opening hours extended during the last two weeks of SummerFest Abu Dhabi and Eid Al Fitr 2013 - Abu Dhabi Mall, Abu Dhabi Marina Mall, Al Ain Mall, Bawabat Al Sharq, Bawadi Mall Al Ain, Delma Mall, Khalidiyah Mall, Mazyad Mall, Mushrif Mall open until between 0100 and 0200 (press release 30 Jul 2013).
- Other Eid Al Fitr information for Dubai:
- All RTA paid parking zones will be free parking (except for Fish Market parking and multi-level parking terminals) from Thu 08 Aug to Fri 09 Aug 2013. Paid parking resumes 03 Shawal (Sat 10 Aug 2013)?
- Dubai Metro operating hours 0530-0200 next day on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 0900-0200 next day on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 0530-0100 next day on Sat and Sun 10-11 Aug 2013.
- 01 Aug 2013 - some sources say that astronomical data indicates the last day of Ramadan will be Wednesday 07 August 2013, and the first day of Eid Al Fitr will be Thursday 08 August 2013, for example the Sayyed Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah Institute in Lebanon said "On the basis of astronomical data ... Thursday August 8 is the first day of Eid al-Fitr". But the Sharjah Planetarium in the UAE said in March 2013 that the first dat of Eid Al Fitr would be Friday 09 August 2013.
- 31 Jul 2013 - last day of Ramadan will be Wed 07 or Thu 08 August 2013 according to a Gulf News report. Which means first day of Shawal, and Eid Al Fitr, will be 08 or 09 August 2013. To be confirmed by moon-sighting committe.
- 31 Jul 2013 (WAM) - UAE Ministry of Labor announced private sector holidays "... first and second days of the month of Shawwal as Eid-al-Fitr holidays for all establishments in the private sector, to re-start work on the 3rd of Shawwal, 1434." Which means 08-09 or 09-10 August 2013 depending on whether Ramadan has 29 or 30 days (to be confirmed by moon-sighting committe).
- 31 Jul 2013 (WAM) - UAE public and government sector holidays announced by Humaid bin Mohammed Obaid Al Qattami, Minister of Education and Chairman of the Federal Government Human Resources Authority - "Federal ministries and entities will be off work from Wednesday 29th of Ramadan until the 3rd of Shawwal on the occasion of Eid al-Fitr, to re-start work on the 4th of Shawwal." Ramadan 29 corresponds to Wednesday 07 August 2013 so Shawal 04 will be Sunday 11 August 2013 or Monday 12 August 2013 depending on moon-sighting for the end of Ramadan (29 or 30 days).
- 31 Jul 2013 (WAM) - UAE financial markets closed according to an announcement from the UAE Securities and Commodities Authority (ESCA, or SCA) - "... Eid Al Fitr holidays for the financial markets will begin on Wednesday 29th of Ramadan (7th of August) and will last until the 3rd of Shawwal. Trading in the financial markets will resume on the 4th of Shawwal."
- 18 Mar 2013 (WAM) - first day of Shawwal and Eid Al Fitr will be Friday 09 August 2013 according to the Department of Culture and Information Sharjah Planetarium.
Eid Al Fitr UAE dates and public holidays 2012
- 17 Aug 2012 - Last day of Ramadan is Saturday 18 August 2012, and Eid Al Fitr starts on Sunday 19 August 2012.
- 15 Aug 2012 - Eid Al Fitr expected to start on 19 August 2012 according to astronomical calculations by Ibrahim Jarwan, Astronomy researcher and General Supervisor at Sharjah Planetarium (WAM news).
- 12 Aug 2012 (WAM) - Eid Al Fitr holidays announced for the public sector as 17-20 or 21 August 2012 depending on whether Eid starts on 18 or 19 August 2012. Private sector holidays announced as first and second day of Eid (18-19 or 19-20 August 2012).
- 10 May 2012 (WAM) - Eid Al Fitr was forecast to start on 19 August 2012 by Ibrahim Al Jarwan, Astronomy Researcher and Supervisor of Sharjah Planetarium, who was reported as saying ''The crescent moon of Shawwal 1433 will born on Friday 17th August 2012, at 5:54 pm local time, and the sunset will be at 6:49 pm same day"
Eid Al Fitr UAE dates and public holidays 2011
First day of Eid Al Fitr for 2011 appears to be 31 August to 2011 according to news reports 21 August 2011, but confirmation might not be until the end of Ramadan. Emirates 24-7 reported that The first day of Eid Al Fitr will be on Wednesday, August 31, in most Muslim countries, Wam said, quoting Mohammed Shawkat Awdah, head of Islamic Crescents Observation.
- Public sector Eid Al Fitr 2011 holiday dates in the UAE announced as Sunday 28 August to 03 September 2011 according to WAM news report 21 August 2011 - The Federal Authority for Government Human Resources today announced that Eid Al Fitr Holidays in ministries and federal institutions will start from Sunday, 28th of Ramadan 1432 (28th of August, 2011) to 3rd Sept. Some conflicting reports said the holiday would end on 04 September for the public sector.
- Private sector Eid Al Fitr 2011 holiday dates in the UAE announced as Shawwal 1 and Shawwal 2, the first two days of Eid, which seems likely to be Wednesday 31 August 2011 and Thursday 01 September 2011 but that was not clearly stated in the announcement and might depend on a moon sighting. WAM news report said All business establishments in the private sector will observe the first and second days of the month of Shawwal as the Eid-al-Fitr holidays.
Eid Al Fitr UAE dates 2010
Eid Al Fitr dates announced as starting Friday 10 September 2010 by Dr Hadef Jouan Al Dhahiri (Dr Hadef Bin Ju'an Al Dhaheri), chairman of the UAE Shawwal Moon Sighting Committee and UAE Minister of Justice, and Thursday 09 September 2010 is the last day of Ramadan (30 Ramadan 1431 Hijri) (Emirates News Agency 08 Sep 2010).
- Eid Al Fitr holiday dates for UAE federal ministries and government departments (public sector) announced 05 September 2010 - will be from 29 Ramadan to 03 Shawwal (start date 08 September 2010, end date Sunday or Monday depending on when Eid Al Fitr actually starts). That means pretty much anything government related is closed.
- One exception is the Dubai immigration department at the Bin Sougat Mall in Rashidiya which is open 2130-0030 (9:30pm to 12:30am every day of the Eid Al Fitr holiday for 2010) for Dubai visa related procedures.
- Eid Al Fitr dates are forecast to start Friday 10 September 2010 according to the Islamic Crescents Observation Project (ICOP) (WAM 29 Aug 2010).
- Dubai Airport continues to operate as normal, 24 hrs per day.
- Shopping malls and shopping centers in Dubai will be open as normal.
- Eid Al Fitr holidays for the UAE private sector will be 01 and 02 Shawal, which means probably Friday and Saturday, or Thursday and Friday. In other words, a one day holiday for most since Friday is normally a holiday anyway. No wonder Emiratis and expats prefer to work in the public sector if they can. WAM report 06 September 2010 said The Eid Al-Fitr holiday (paid holiday) for private sector will be on the first and second of Shawwal 1431 Hijri year, according to a ministerial circular issued by the Minister of Labour, Saqr Ghubash (Sagr Ghobash).
Eid Al Fitr (Eid ul Fitr, Id al Fitr) holiday
- Eid Al Fitr is a holiday that marks the end of Ramadan, and the start of the next month in the Islamic calendar (Shawwal - the tenth month).
- Eid is usually a 3 day festival but length of holiday might vary from 2 days in the private sector to 5 or 6 days in the public sector.
- The Eid AlFitr start date is announced after a moon sighting committee decision at the end of Ramadan.
- Airports and border crossings are busy as many people take the opportunity to go overseas for a holiday and/or to visit family and friends.
Eid Al Fitr 2012 events in the UAE
- Abu Dhabi EidFest from 19-21 Aug 2012 - new annual event launched by the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi). Events and activities include concerts and shows, children's entertainment, special exhibitions, competitions, special offers. Information booths at major shopping centers in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain will operate during Eid Al Fitr from 1000-2200.
Eid Al Fitr 2011 events in the UAE
Eid in Dubai 2011
- Shoppiesta - a "consumer lifestyle fair" or something, held at the Meydan racecourse grandstand over a 5 day period during Eid. Shopping, eating, entertainment, concerts, adventure and sports activities. Opening ceremony held on Wednesday 31 August 2011 with a show called "Elements of Earth"
Eid Al Fitr 2010 events in Dubai and UAE
- The Dubai Mall - a range of events, activities, and competitions including Eid band performances, henna painting, Ramadan tents, falconry, heritage activities, traditional Dabkeh and Tanoora dance performances, oudh and qanoon music performances, street painting exhibition, photography display by the Emirates Fine Arts Society and Pink Pepper Photography, Eidaya sweets from guest service desks, Tickles & Giggles tents with story telling for children, jewellery making, Barney Shows. Raffle prizes (drawn on 19 September 2010) include 'Dream Emirates Holiday' to Seychelles or Jordan, and 'Downtown Dream' packages to The Address Dubai Mall hotel.
Eid in Dubai 2010
Eid in Dubai is a program of shopping offers, events, fireworks displays, concerts, etc organised by the Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (DEPE). Events and activities include
- Ben 10 - 25 minute live stunt action for children with characters Ben Tennyson, Four Arms, and Wildmutt. Free.
- Hello Kitty Show - Hello Kitty, Dear Daniel, and My Melody in a musical performance. Free.
- Barney's Beach Party - Barney the dinosaur, Baby Bop, and BJ show. Free.
- Lazy Town children's TV show stage show.
- Aquafantasia show with fireworks, laser lights, and water displays.
- Dino Live Exhibition at Dubai Festival City - dinosaur and Jurassic age exhibition
- Back-to-School party at Dubai Airport Expo - stationery exhibition, and fun fair with games and activities.
- Comedy play 'Me, My Wife and Obama', three shows during Eid Al Fitr 2010.
- Atlantis 'Irresistible Eid Package' hotel accommodation and entertainment packages starting at AED 1,470 per night. Includes room, free access to Aquaventure and The Lost Chambers, discount on swimming with the dolphins, free access to Kid's Club from 1100-1800, free access for teenagers to Club Rush, free access to 'Eid Cool Summer Nights' at Aquaventure Waterpark.
Eid in Dubai Concerts
- Fares Karam and Shaza Hasson concert Al Bustan Rotana on 12 September 2010 from 2130. Ticket prices AED 600, AED 800, AED 1200.
- Iranian concert at the Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) on 10 September 2010 featuring Andy, Afshin, Sepideh, and Erfan. Ticket prices AED 365 and AED 500 for VIP.
- Iranian concert at the DWTC on 11 September 2010 featuring Benyamin and Ali Ashabi, ticket prices AED 299 and AED 499
- Fadel Shaker, Elissa, Jannat, Hussein Al Jasmi, Mona Amrsha, and Shereen Abdel Wahab at the Madinat Arena on 11 & 12 September 2010. Cancelled.
Eid Al Fitr in Sharjah 2010
- Qanat Al Qasba - Ebru workshop on second day of Eid from 0700, conducted by Osman Fidan, Researcher at the Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization. Ebru is the art of paper marbling, complementing Arabic calligraphy, and used to decorate Holy Quran manuscripts.
- Sharjah Museum timings: closed on 29 Ramadan 1431 Hijri (Wednesday 08 September 2010) and first day of Eid Al Fitr - 01 Shawwal (Friday 10 September 2010). Maybe also 30 Ramadan (Thursday 09 September 2010) - check with museum first. Open from 02 Shawwal (Saturday 11 September 2010) but hours might vary from normal opening times (press release 08 Sep 2010).
Eid Al Fitr working times and hours for government departments and services in Dubai ...
Most government departments will be closed. Essential services such as water, electricity, telephones, and shopping centers will remain operational.
- Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry Membership and Documentation Services Department (Head Office and Jebel Ali branches) - Wed 08 Sep 2010 from 0800-1300. Closed Thu-Sat, reopen Sun 12 Sep 2010 from 0800-1300 if Eid starts on Friday, or normal hours if Eid starts on Thursday. Normal hours from Mon 13 Sep 2010 in either case. All other offices closed during Eid (press release 08 Sep 2010).
- Dubai Cutoms opening hours (2012):
- Dubai International Airport customs posts (all terminals), Customs Centers at Dubai Cargo Village, Hatta Customs Center, Customs Declaration Management at Port Rashid, Coastal Berth Customs Center, and Creek Entry Customs Center open 24/7 during the Eid holiday.
- Dubai International Airport Free Zone Inspection Center open 0730-2200 daily.
- Multi-Commodities Customs Center open 0900-2100 daily.
- Creek Customs Center open 0800-1300 on the 2nd and 3rd days of Eid
- Port Rashid Customs center open on the 3rd day of Eid from 0800-1300
- Postal Customs Center open 0900-1300 on the 2nd and 3rd days of Eid.
- Hamriyah Port Customs Center open 0800-1300 daily.
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA) - All primary healthcare centers closed on first day of Eid (19 August 2012). On 20-21 August 2012, centers will be open from 0800-1300. All centers open on 30th day of Ramadan (18 August 2012) from 0900-1400. Al Safa and Al Mamzar centers open from 2030-2400 on the 29th and 30th day of Ramadan (17-18 August 2012).
- Ministry of Health (MOH) Eid Al Fitr holiday timings for health centers and clinics will be 0800-1300 and 1700-2300. Hospital emergency departments will be open 24/7 (WAM report 07 September 2010).
- RTA Dubai (2012):
- Bus services - commercial buses and inter-city bus services at Main Stations (Ghubaiba, etc) will operate 24 hours, subsidiary stations (Sabkha, Union Square, Deira City Center, Karama, etc) operate 0600-2400, external stations (Sharjah-Bur Dubai etc) operate 24 hrs. Services to Sharjah, Deira, Abu Dhabi, Fujairah, Ajman and Hatta operate from 0600-2400.
- Bus stations - main bus stations (Gold Souq and Al Ghubaiba) open 0600-2400 (midnight), subsidiary bus depots (Satwa, Al Qusais, Al Quoz Industrial, Jebel Ali) also 0600-2400, Dubai Metro Feeder Bus Stations (Rashidiya, Mall of the Emirates, Ibn Battuta, Abu Hail, Burj Khalifa, Etisalat) open 0600-0100 next day.
- Customer Service Centers closed from 29th day of Ramadan until 3rd day of Shawwal (3rd day of Eid), re-opening on 4th day of Shawwal.
- Driving schools and centers: Emirates Driving Institute, Belhasa Driving Center, Dubai Driving Center, Galadari Driving Center, Al Ahli Driving Center, and Dubai International Driving Center closed first and second days of Eid, reopening on the third day of Eid.
- Dubai Metro - operating hours 0550-0100 next day from 17-22 August 2012. Except Friday, metro might not start until 1300 (normal Friday start time).
- Marine transport during Eid holidays: Water Bus from 0700-2200, Water Taxi from 1000-2200, Ferry Dubai from 0900-2100
- Parking zones in Dubai (paid) - free parking from 29 Ramadan to 03 Shawwal, except for Fish Market parking areas and multi-level parking areas.
- Vehicle testing and registration centers closed all three days of Eid.
... and UAE
- Post offices in UAE (2012) - all are closed on first day of Eid Al Fitr, the following main post offices will open from 0900-1300 on the other days of Eid Al Fitr (other post offices will remain closed during Eid Al Fitr):
- Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi Central Post Office and Hamdan Post Office
- Ajman: Ajman Central Post Office.
- Al Ain: Al Ain Central Post Office.
- Dubai: Dubai Central Post Office and Al Khor Post Office.
- Fujairah: Fujairah Central Post Office, Dibba Al Fujairah Post Office and Khorfakkan Post Office.
- RAK: Ras Al Khaimah Central Post Office, Al Uraibi Post Office.
- Sharjah: Sharjah Central Post Office and Al Ghuwair Post Office.
- UAQ: Umm Al Quwain Industrial Post Office.
Last update Wednesday 22-Jul-2015. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.