WAM news agency UAE
WAM, for the Arabic Wakalat Anba'a al Emarat, is the official UAE government news agency, also called the Emirates News Agency.
- WAM was formed in November 1976 to provide news reports to the public and to other news agencies.
- Arabic news transmission began in June 1977
- English news transmission started in December 1978
- WAM supplies text, photo and video feeds of UAE news, and UAE government related news to news organisations in the region and internationally.
- WAM occasionally publishes opinion pieces, either as a standalone report, or a commentary as part of another article. Rarely, if ever, anything critical about the UAE however.
WAM news sections
- Arab World
- Emirates and UAE news
- Special Reports
- Data and statistics
- UAE stock market indices and share prices - Abu Dhabi and Dubai
- UAE Dirham currency exchange rates
- Oil prices
- Weather conditions and temperatures
- Markets and Financial News
Last update Wednesday 25-Aug-2010. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
Related websites (new window)
- www.wam.org.ae - official WAM news website. Also at www.wam.ae. Signup allegedly possibly but mail sent to the listed email addresses is ignored or bounced back with an error report (last checked August 2010)
- Dubai directory - add your link free