List of shopping Malls in Abu Dhabi
Shopping malls in Abu Dhabi
List of shopping malls in Abu Dhabi, descriptions, reviews, locations, areas, contact details, opening hours. Information directory about shopping malls in or near Abu Dhabi city including Mussaffah, Yas Island, Saadiyat Island. For shopping malls in Al Ain, Ruwais and other areas in the emirate of Abu Dhabi, see the Al Ain shopping mall list and UAE shopping malls list.
List of Abu Dhabi shopping malls
Timings for larger malls in Abu Dhabi are usually 1000-2200 Sat-Wed, and 1000-2400 Thu-Fri. Smaller malls might be 1000-2200 Sat-Fri. Larger supermarkets in malls are usually open longer, typically 0800-2400 daily. Banks in malls are always closed on Fridays, and Sat-Thu opening hours are usually 1000-2200.
|Mall name||Location||Highlights||No. of
|9712 BMC shopping mall||See Capital Mall||Renamed 2011||Planned opening 2010|
|Abu Dhabi City Centre (MAF)||Planned||Reported in 2012|
|Abu Dhabi Mall||downtown||200+||40+||Vox Cinemas|
|Abu Dhabi Marina Mall||See Marina Mall|
|[×] Abu Dhabi Plaza||[!] Kazakhstan||different country|
|Al Bateen Mall||Al Bateen||Abandoned UFO||Fathima||1998?||Old, small, ex-bus station|
|Al Marayah Cental||See The Galleria||renamed|
|Al Raha Mall||Al Raha||100||Oscar Cinemas||2007|
|Al Seef Village Mall||30||20||Carrefour Market||2017 Nov|
|Al Wahda Mall||bus station||350||50+||Lulu||Oscar Cinemas||2007 May||Expanded in 2012|
|Al Zahiyah Shopping Center||Tourist Club Area||Tasheel||Old, small|
|Arzanah Shopping Centre||Zayed Sports City||Planned||Announced May 2017?|
|Avenue at Etihad Towers||Al Bateen||Luxury stores||40||Waitrose|
|Baniyas Mall||Baniyas||Small, not BAS Mall|
|Bawabat Al Sharq Mall||Bani Yas City||240||Carrefour||Novo Cinemas||2011 Nov?|
|Capital Mall||MBZ City||Lulu||2014 Feb|
|Central Fish & Vegetable Market|
|Central Market Abu Dhabi||See WTC Mall||Renamed?|
|Dalma Mall||Mussafah||560?||Carrefour||14 screens||2010 Q2|
|Deerfields Town Square||Al Shahama||200||Carrefour||2013 Q4?|
|Emporium Mall||See WTC Mall||Renamed?|
|Forsan Central Mall||Khalifa City||bamboo forest||89-160?||22||Lulu||9 screens||2020 Q3-Q4||fire Sep 2019|
|Fotouh Al Khair Mall||downtown||Marks & Spencer||40+||1999 Nov|
|Hamdan Shopping Centre||Al Markaziyah||oldest in AUH?||1982|
|Khalidiyah Mall||Khalidiya||160||2008 Jan|
|Khalidiyah Shopping Center||Not Khalidiya Mall|
|Khalifa City Mall||see Forsan Central||renamed?|
|Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre||460||Lulu||Wanasaland||Expansion 2012|
|Mazyad Mall||MBZ City||National Library||Lulu|
|Mushrif Mall||200||Lulu||Water park?||2011?|
|My City Centre Masdar (MAF)||2019 Apr|
|Nation Galleria||Nation Towers||Vox Cinemas||Nation Towers Mall?|
|Paragon Bay Mall||Reem Island||Yacht club marina||40-120?||25-35?||Geant, Waitrose?||5-7 screens?||2015 Dec?||Or 2013 Dec?|
|Reem Mall||Reem Island||350||100||Snow park||2020 Q4|
|Rotana Mall||Khaladiyah||historical (!)||Old, small|
|Saadiyat Mall||Saadiyat Island||Or The District Mall?|
|Safeer Mall Mussafah||Mussafa||4 screens||2006 Oct|
|Shams Boutik Mall||Reem Island||Sun & Sky Towers|
|Sowwah Central Mall||See The Galleria||renamed|
|Souq Qarayat Al Beri||Bain Al Jessrain||Venice, canals||35||15|
|The Collection Saadiyat||Saadiyat Island||Buddha Bar Beach||25||Spinneys||2013 Apr||Small|
|The District Mall||Saadiyat Island||550||Planned||Big|
|The Galleria Mall expansion||Al Mariyah Island||IMAX cinema||Waitrose||VOX, 21 screens||2019 Sep|
|World Trade Center Mall||160?||20||8 screens||2013 Oct||400 shops?|
|Yas Mall||Yas Island||Ikea, Ferrari World||400||Carrefour||20 screens, VOX||2014 Nov|
New information (Oct 2019) to be added.
- Arzanah Shopping Centre, Zayed Sports City (ZSC), plans announced May 2017?
- Capital Mall MBZ City, opened in 2014, starting with Lulu Hypermarket in Feb 2014.
- My City Centre Masdar (MAF shopping mall), open Apr 2019.
- Reem Mall, opening end 2020?
- The Galleria, Al Mariyah Island, open Sep 2019.
[Merge or update] below information last updated 2015 or 2016.
- 9712 BMC shopping mall (under construction) - Mohamed Bin Zayed City, Mussafah, in the center of the 9712BMC development (971 is the country code for the UAE, 2 is the area code for Abu Dhabi), 100,000 sq m (1.1m sq ft), developer Manazel, 350 shops, food court, hypermarket, kids play area, etc, hotel next door for hardcore shoppers. Planned opening 2010 (don't hold your breath). Update December 2011 - renamed as the Capital Mall? See below for more information ...
- Abu Dhabi City Center (planned, name not confirmed) - Majid Al Futtaim Group (MAF) is reportedly planning a large mall in Abu Dhabi worth about AED 3 billion (26 March 2012 news reports).
- Abu Dhabi Mall, in tourist club area next to the Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers. Has four floors with 200+ shops, 40+ food outlets with the usual McDonald's and Starbucks, Cineplex cinemas and Abu Dhabi Co-op Hypermarket. Open 1000-2200 (to 2300 on Thursdays) except Fridays 1530-2200. Hypermarket 0800-midnight, some restaurants open till 2300 or 0200. Tel +971-2-6454858 (customer service) or try +971-2-6457733, web www.abudhabi-mall.com. First opened 15 April 2001, total area 200,000 sq meters. Largest shopping mall in Abu Dhabi as of December 2006. Retail shops include Cellucom, Grand Stores, Jashanmal, PAN Emirates furniture, Paris Gallery, Salam Studio photography and Salam Stores, Virgin Megastores.
- Abu Dhabi Marina Mall - see Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi heading.
- Abu Dhabi Plaza - not a shopping mall in Abu Dhabi but a $1 billion mixed use complex being built in Astana, Kazakhstan by Aldar Properties (Aldar EuroAsia) from July 2009 to September 2013 (Khazakstan Today 12 June 2009).
- Al Marayah Central Mall - renamed as The Galleria, Al Maryah Island. Previously was Sowwah Central Mall.
- Al Raha Mall (Raha Mall) - on Dubai-Abu Dhabi highway next to Al Raha Beach Villa Complex, tel +971-2-5561181. Open mid 2007? Area 350,000 sq ft (35,000 sq meters) includes hypermarket, food court, about 100 retail shops and a family amusement center. Run by EMKE group associate (or subsidiary) Line Investments & Property LLC.
- Al Wahda Mall (Al Wahdah, Al Wehda Mall, maybe Al Wadha Mall) - shopping mall opened 31 May 2007 on Airport Rd near the Al Wahda Sports and Cultural Club.
- 07 Dec 2013 - another fire at Al Wahda Mall, in the Lulu hypermarket around 6pm on Fri 06 Dec 2013. Apparently only a small fire, but customers were evacuated anyway.
- 04 Dec 2013 - Al Wahda Mall closed after a fire the previous night which apparently started around midnight. 05 Dec 2013 update - the Al Wahda Mall extension reopened but the main mall area remained closed temporarily.
- 01 Sep 2012 - 200 new stores opening in mall expansion, including American Eagle Outfitters, Bath & Body Works, Bershka, BHS, Calvin Klein, Dorothy Perkins, Gant, George (budget clothing), H&M, Jules, M&Co (Scottish fashion store), Miss Selfridge, New Look, Pepe Jeans, Piazza Italia, Pottery Barn Kids, Pull & Bear, Reiss, Tezenis, Virgin Megastore. Also a cinema complex, fitness center, more restaurants and other food and beverage outlets.
- Has a Lulu hypermarket (open 0800-2300) and a Magrudy's bookshop.
- Opening hours 1000-2200, food court to 2300.
- Total area apparently 1.5 million sq ft (about 150,000 sq m) with 150 shops. Expansion plans to add an extension of 47,000 sq meters of leasable space for another 220 shops by 2010 (or 2012 after delays) (currently has 37,000 sq m). Visitor traffic about 25,000-28,000 on weekdays and 35,000-40,000 per day on weekends (The National 19 November 2010).
- Website www.alwahda-mall.com, not www.alwahdamall.com (spam) or www.alwahdamall.org (under construction). Website has telephone +971-2-4466622, fax +971-2-4455522 but July 2007 advertisement as tel +971-2-4437070 and fax +971-2-4437171.
- Operated by EMKE group (Line Investments and Property LLC). General Manager of Al Wahda Mall is Mohammed Nauman Thakur (19 Nov 2010 information).
- Al Wahda Mall expansion expected to open Q3 2012. Area of expansion about 1.7 million sq ft (150,000 sq m?) with 250 shops, cinema, restaurants, health club.
- Arzanah shopping mall (name unconfirmed) - under construction as part of the 1.4m sq meter Arzanah development near the Sheikh Zayed Mosque. Developers Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) (withdrew mid-2010 due to size reduction of site - The National 06 Oct 2010), and Capitala (a joint venture between Mubadala Development in Abu Dhabi, and CapitaLand, in Singapore).
- Baniyas Mall. Not Bawabat Al Sharq Mall (although confusingly is or was also called Baniyas Mall). Baniyas Mall is a small shopping center located in Baniyas East 8 (or Baniyas East sector 8). Is opposite a Lulu Hypermarket. FB page at facebook.com/Baniyas-Mall-236967096427149/ (with incorrect location map). Contact info given on FB page as tel +971-2-5822893, email firstname.lastname@example.org but might not be correct.
- Bawabat Al Sharq Mall (BAS Mall, BASMall) - part of the AED 3 billion Bawabat Al Sharq development, Bani Yas City near Abu Dhabi International Airport. Bawabat Al Sharq Mall is a shopping mall with area of 148,000 sq meters (1.59 million sq ft) on 2 levels, GLA of 70,000 sq m GLA, and over 2000 parking spaces. Facilities include 339 retail outlets (or 240 according to later information), a Carrefour hypermarket (8,800 sq m), 16 or 22 cholesterol stands in the food court, restaurants, Wanasa Land family entertainment center, Souk Al Megnas traditional souk area, and cinema complex (Grand Cinemas, 4 screens, 1200 seats). Developer, owner is Baniyas Investment and Development Company (BID), the investment subsidiary of Bani Yas Sports Club. Expected completion date is end of 2010 according to March 2009 press release (update, delayed to Aug 2011). Website www.bawabatalsharq.ae.
- 03 October 2009 press release: Carrefour Hypermarket will be anchor tenant with area of 8,800 sq m, mall opening December 2010 (update - delayed to Nov 2011). Mall area 70,000 sq m on 2 floors with 339 outlets, and 22 food outlets. Car parking spaces 2,245, WANASA Family Entertainment Center, Grand Cinemas. Interior design by Saunders Global (Australia).
- Update 12 April 2011 (press release): Bawabat Al Sharq Mall 75% leased. Tenants include Landmark Group (5,757 sq m), MH Alshaya Group (4,111 sq m), Liwa Group (2,273 sq m), Carrefour Hypermarket, WANASA Family Entertainment Centre, Grand Cinemas. Associated or included traditional souq - the Souk Al Megnas, area 4,500 sq m with coffee shops and restaurants, falconry and hawking collections shops, traditional clothing, jewellery, Arabic perfumes, souvenir shops. Mall opening ceremony scheduled for August 2011. Total of 313 retail shops with 70,000 sq meters GLA. Built-up area 148,000 sq m according to website www.bawabatalsharq.ae. Tel 800-2264927 (toll-free in UAE).
- Capital Mall, Mohammed Bin Zayed City - expected to open in Q1 2012 (or delayed until later in 2012), developer Manazel Real Estate. Project value AED 1.1 billion, part of the "9712 Capital" development. Mall on 3 floors with 60,000 square meters of retail space, 278 stores, restaurants, cafes; first Geant Hypermarket in Abu Dhabi (area 7,200 sq m), and entertainment venues. Previous name was 9712 BMC Mall?
- Central Fish & Vegetable Market, New Airport Road, scheduled to open November 2009 but maybe 2010 is more likely? GLA 1.8 million sq feet on 5 levels, parking for 2200-3000 cars, fish and meat shops on the ground floor, other shops on upper floors, seafood and specialty restaurants. Developer and manager Line Investments & Property LLC (EMKE Group). Renamed Mushrif Mall?
- Central Market Abu Dhabi (and Emporium Mall?) - an Aldar development, three towers, a couple of hotels, and a traditional style souq themed shopping area (souk opening date 01 July 2010). Location off the Corniche, between the 2nd St (Airport Road) and 3rd St. Old souq on the same site burnt down in 2003. Website www.centralmarket.ae. See also World Trade Centre Mall (renamed).
- Dalma Mall, in the Industrial City of Abu Dhabi (ICAD) on the way to Mussafah / Mussaffah. Dalma Mall under construction, scheduled opening of Phase I by April 2009 (delayed to Q3 2009, then to Q2 2010 but some shops might open in March 2010) costing AED 3 billion. GLA of about 150,000 sq meters (about 1.5m sq ft), total area of 250,000 sq m, 7000 car parks, large Carrefour supermarket (13,500 sq m), 560 shops, 14 screen cinema complex, children's nurseries, food court, children's play area, etc. Phase one (120,000 sq m) construction is the ground and first floor, phase two (30,000 sq m) for the second floor. Or Phase I is for shops, cinema, food, entertainment on 3 levels (G, 1, 2), phase II is a 5 star hotel and other recreational facilities to be announced. List of shops includes BHS, CenterPoint, Home Center, ICA Harbour, Marks and Spencer, Toys 'r' Us, Zara. General Manager Mark Adams (announced 13 October 2009). Website www.dalmamall.ae, tel +971-2-6814399 (CB Richard Ellis) if you want to rent shop space.
- Deerfields Town Square (Deerfields Mall, Deerfields Townsquare, Deer Fields Shopping Center, Deerfields Townsquare Shopping Centre (DTSSC)) (open 2011 ... delayed to 2012 ... May 2013 ... to 2013 Q4 or 2014 Q1 ...). Project value AED 1 billion, a medium sized mixed use retail, commercial, and residential development with a "Classical Victorian" theme (or not ... it was redesigned in 2010), location Al Bahia - Al Shahama (New Shahama, Old Shahamah, also near Al Rahba, Al Raha, Al Reef, Khalifa City, MBZ City, Mussafah, Yas Island). About 200 shops including a 10,000 sq meter (107,000 sq meter) Carrefour hypermarket. Total built up area of the project is 3.2 million square feet (300,000 sq meters), although that might have changed to 220,000 sq meters (both figures stated in 29 June 2009 press release). Developer Mubarak and Brother Property and Financial Investments (Mubarak Brothers Investment, MBI), lead consultants MR Group, lead design consultants RMJM, architects Petroff Partnership Architects, retail consultant Colliers International, other consortium members include Talbot Consultants International Inc. General Manager of Deerfields Town Square is Banu Tas. Launched in 2008 by Al Fahim Group subsidiary at Cityscape Abu Dhabi. Original press releases said expected opening in 2010 but 29 June 2009 press release announcing groundbreaking says second quarter of 2011 opening date. Website www.deerfieldstownsquare.com. Contact tel Abu Dhabi +971-2-4443522 or Dubai +971-4-3315033. Update 26 April 2011 (press release):
- Opening date delayed to Q4 2012 (... then to late 2013 ...), located in Al Bahiya (Al Bahia) district, project value AED 700m (was AED 1 billion).
- Carrefour Deerfields hypermarket opening date 28 Sep 2013. Area of supermarket is 6,700 m². Other stores opening from Q3 2013 to Q1 2014.
- Jones Lang LaSalle - retail and leasing consultants.
- Gross Leasable Area 808,000 sq ft (80,000 sq m) (reduced from 130,000 sq m in original plans), about 200 stores (or 160 stores, or 180 stores according to 28 Sep 2013 press release), divided as 40% retail, 24% anchor tenants (including Deerfields Carrefour), 18% entertainment, 14% food & beverage, 4% for service outlets. As of April 2011, mall has 34% leased to retail tenants. As of May 2012, mall is 50% leased.
- Target footfall of 10 million visitors per year.
- Shops and facilities include Carrefour, Centrepoint, Grand Cinemas, Landmark Group (Babyshop, Emax, Home Centre, Splash), food court, family and children's entertainment area.
- General manager of Deerfields Town Square is Banu Tas (20 May 2012 news).
- 28 Sep 2013 (Saturday) - Carrefour at Deerfields Townsquare opening date. Hypermarket area 6,700 sq meters. Other shops in Deerfields Townsquare expected to open during the last quarter of 2013 and first quarter of 2014. Mall is about 80% leased as of Sep 2013.
- Official website is www.deerfieldstownsquare.com (not available when checked Oct 2013).
- Emporium Mall - opening in 2012? See Central Market.
- Khalidiya Mall (Al Khalidiya Mall / Al Khalideeya Mall / Al Khalediya Mall) under construction Dec 2006, early 2007 opening was planned but that ended up being January 2008. In Al Khalidiya area, 86,000 sq m (about 800,000 square feet) with 160 shops and a hypermarket. Run by EMKE group (Line Investments and Property LLC). Website www.khalidiyahmall.com (with music to drive you batty ... not available when checked in May 2011), tel +971-2-6354000.
- Khalidiya Shopping Center - not the same as the Khalidiya Mall, tel +971-2-6679999.
- Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre and Gold Centre (MZSC), tel +971-2-6318555. Has 200+ retail shops and 60+ gold and jewellery shops so it's also the largest shopping center in Abu Dhabi (along with Abu Dhabi Mall). Has an Abu Dhabi Homes R Us, Daiso (a well-known Japanese shop), and an Abu Dhabi Co-operative Society supermarket. Website is not www.mzshoppingcentre.com (spam) as listed in some sources, and www.mzsc.ae gives a parking page (Dec 2006). Expansion plans for 2007 to increase number of shops to 400. Run by EMKE Group (Line Investments & Property LLC). Update 16 October 2011 - expansion officially opened (a new Lulu Hypermarket and a few shops), with more shops, food court, restaurant, amusement area opening later in 2011. Total area of expansion is 275,000 sq feet.
- Madinat Zayed shopping center facts and figures (07 March 2012 press release) ...
- Managed by Line Investment & Properties, a division of EMKE Group.
- Area before expansion 660,000 sq feet (62,000 m²). Area of extension 385,000 sq ft (36,000 m²). Total area as of March 2012 over 1 million sq feet.
- Total number of outlets is 460, including 70 in the Gold Center, 70 new shops in the new extension, and 320 in the original Madinat Zayed Center.
- Anchor stores include Lulu Hypermarket (new, area 120,000 sq ft), Abu Dhabi Co-op Society, Homes R Us, KM Trading, Al Jazeera Group Jewellery (20 stores in the Gold Center), Salem Al Shouibi Jewellery.
- Other facilities include Wanasa Land entertainment area (12,000 sq ft), a party hall (area 2,500 sq ft, capacity 250 people), food court (capacity 2,000 persons) with 14 fast food outlets (including De-Thali, Tanjara, Saravana Bhavan) and 5 fine dining restaurants, car parking capacity 1500 vehicles.
- Marina Mall in Abu Dhabi (Marina Mall - Abu Dhabi or Abu Dhabi Marina Mall), near Emirates Palace hotel, tel +971-2-6818300. Phase I opened March 2001 with 160 shops and 70,000 sq m of Gross Leasable Area (GLA), phase II opened in February 2006 (only a year behind schedule) with another 180 shops and additional GLA of 45,000 sq m (apparently a bowling alley and indoor snow park also). There is a 10 floor Marina Mall Tower (Burj Al Marina) with a posh restaurant called Tiara at the top, or Columbiano cafe if you want to enjoy the view more cheaply, and a water feature at the bottom. The Marina Mall in Dubai (opened December 2008) is not related to the Abu Dhabi Marina Mall.
- Mazyad Mall, Mohammed Bin Zayed City, (between Khalifa City and Mussafah), open March 2009? Next to labour camp (so popular with the workers but mall restricts entry to families only during weekends), website www.mazyadmall.com (unconfirmed, under construction June 2009). Shops include Lulu Express supermarket. Food and drink outlets include Applebee's Neighbourhood Grill and Bar, La Brioche cafe, McDonald's, Subway. Mall operator, owner EMKE Group. Also called Maziyat Mall.
- Mushrif Mall (Mushriff Mall) Abu Dhabi - opening date August 2010? Delayed to April 2011? Delayed again to mid-2011? Developer/operater EMKE Group (Line Investments and Property LLC), project cost AED 1.2 billion. Tel +971-2-6427100, location map. Area 56,000 sq meters with 200 stores including a Lulu hypermarket, and a large food court. Also or previously known as the Central Fish & Vegetable Market? Location on Airport Road. Will include an indoor water park called Oceanic. Website www.mushrifmall.com.
- Paragon Bay Mall (Paragon Bay Shopping Center, Paragon Point) - Reem Island, under development by Tamouh, expected opening date in 2010 ... delayed to 2012.
- Reem Mall, Reem Island (Najmat District). Indoor snow park (theme park in the snow, not a skifield). Construction started in 2017, opening date planned for 2020 Q4. Project value AED 4 billion, area (leasable) about 2 million ft², 350 stores and 85-100 F&B outlets. Website www.reemmall.ae. Updated 30 Jun 2019.
- Saadiyat Mall (The District?) - shopping mall planned for Saadiyat Island, possibly in the Cultural District. Reported 04 October 2012, no further information supplied.
- The District - another name, new name, or old name for Saadiyat Mall?
- The Galleria Mall - opened in two stages.
- The Galleria, Al Maryah Island, opened Sep 2019 as the expansion of and merger with The Galleria, Sowwah Square.
- The Galleria, Sowwah Square, on Sowwah Island (renamed as Al Maryah Island). Developer is Gulf Related, a joint venture between Gulf Capital and Related Companies (a New York based developer) established in 2009. Opened in Oct 2013.
- World Trade Center Mall Abu Dhabi (WTC Mall) - opening date 23 Oct 2013. Developer Aldar Properties, location downtown Abu Dhabi on the site of the old Central Market. Facilities include over 160 shops, 20 food and drink outlets, 8-screen cinema complex. Designed and architecture by Sir Norman Foster with a cultural theme and external landscaped terraces. Stores include House of Fraser (the first branch in the Middle East), BCBG Maxazria, Gerry Webber, Karen Millen, M.Missoni, Rodeo Drive, Via Rodeo. Dining options include Brioche Doree, Costa Cafe (Costa Coffee), Dome Cafe, Fat Burger, P.F. Chang's, Shake Shack, Starbucks. Part of the World Trade Center Abu Dhabi development which includes the WTC Souk with 250 shops, WTC Offices (59 floors), the WTC Residences (474 apartments or units), the WTC Mall, a Courtyard Marriott Hotel (195 rooms, under construction).
- Yas Mall - a large shopping center on Yas Island (under construction from about 2010 to 2014), developer is Aldar Properties. Expected to be the second-largest shopping mall in the UAE when it opens, Dubai Mall is the largest ... for now ... the Mall of Arabia might be bigger when or if it opens.
- Opening date Nov 2014 ... delayed from ... 26 March 2014 (official opening date announced 03 Jun 2013 by Aldar Properties) ... and previous opening dates announced as March 2012 ... end of 2012 ... Q4 2013 ... Dec 2013 ... 2014 ...
- GLA of 460,000 sq meters ... reduced to 300,000 ... to 250,000 ... to 235,000 sq m (latest figure 16 March 2011). Total of 700 shops on 3 floors ... reduced to 400 shops according to Jul 2014 announcement, with 300 open when mall opens.
- Anchor stores include IKEA Abu Dhabi (opening date early or late 2011), and Geant Yas Island (opening end 2012 or later). Other UAE brands or franchise holders include Alshaya (Al Shaya), Dubai Holding Group (not the same as Dubai Holding), Landmark Group (Babyshop, Emax, Home Centre, Splash), Liwa Trading, Retail Arabia (Hamley's, House of Fraser, Joe Fresh), Royal Sporting House.
- Other shops include Adidas, Brooks Brothers, H&M, Hamleys toy store, House of Fraser department store, Joe Fresh, Nike, Zara (some of which will be the largest in the UAE or Middle East).
- Entertainment includes VOX cinema complex with 20 screens (up from earlier reports of 16 screens).
- Lead contractors are Six Construct (construction contract worth AED 2 billion / US$577 million reported 16 October 2011, mall area 235,000 sq meters). Total project cost AED 7.3 billion (US$2 billion) reported in March 2012?
- Update 20 October 2011 - Aldar announced the names of 5 UAE based retail groups which have signed up for 40% of the leasing space (Landmark Group, Dubai Holding Group, M.H. Alshaya Co, RSH (Middle East) LLC, and Liwa Trading Enterprises), retail area 235,000 sq meters, opening date Q42013.
- Abu Dhabi City Center Mall - unknown, probably the same as Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Abu Dhabi Shopping Mall - unknown, presumably the same as Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Al Ahlia Prisunic tel +971-2-6811400
- Al Falah Plaza tel +971-2-6425800
- Al Hosn Plaza tel +971-2-6675555
- Al Khalidiya Shopping Mall - see Khalidiya Mall.
- Al Muhairy Centre (Al Muhairi Center) - small mall with 20 shops in Khalidiya on Zayed 1st street opposite the Cultural Foundation, tel +971-2-6322228, web www.almuhairycentre.com (with music!).
- Al Raha Gardens Village Center - community shopping centre under construction from mid 2010 to early 2011, location between Samra and Al Mariyah areas, area 2,300 sq meters, facilities include ATMs, community hall, gym, prayer rooms, supermarket, cafes, restaurants. List of shops includes Abela supermarket (916 sq m), Arabic restaurant, Boots The Chemist, Claire's Accessories, Grand Optics, Jones The Grocer, Modern National Laundry, Mothercare, Pace e Luce Ladies Salon, Pace e Luce Mens Barber, Pets Delight, Tasti D Lite, Tele Pizza, Tip Top Nail Bar, Zyng Asian Grill (press release 24 August 2010).
- Al Rais Shopping Center
- Al Reef Mall - see Reef Mall.
- Al Shamkha Mall - community shopping center opening in Al Shamkha area in 2014. Mall will have about 60 stores including an Abu Dhabi Cooperative Society supermarket. Other facilities will include a cinema complex, family entertainment zone, food court, gym. Project cost AED 125 million. Area 24,000 sq m on 2 floors (GLA?) or 39,000 sq m? Design by Dewan Architects and Engineers. Owner ADCOOPS and Emirates Land Group.
- Burjeel Mall / Burjeeel Mall, developer and manager Line Investments & Property LLC (a division of EMKE Group), open mid-2009?
- Capital Mall in Building Materials City? Opening date late in 2013? Same as Capital Mall in MBZ City?
- Dana Plaza tel +971-2-6651333.
- Emporium at Central Market - opening date in 2012? Delayed until late 2013?
- Etihad Towers - opening in 2012.
- Fotouh Al Khair Centre (Ftooh Al Khair Center, Fotooh Al Khair Center) tel +971-2-6211133.
- Galleria at Sowwah Square - see The Galleria at Sowwah Square.
- Hamdan Center tel +971-2-6328555.
- Hamed Center tel +971-2-6675550.
- Liwa Centre tel +971-2-6320344, revamped with re-opening in late 2007. A new Home Center store opened in December 2007.
- Lulu Centre tel +971-2-6779786.
- Mina Hyper Market tel +971-2-6734848.
- Mina Mall - Mina Zayed area.
- Raha Shopping Mall - see Al Raha Mall.
- Reef Mall. Unknown.
- Rotana Mall
- Safeer Mall Abu Dhabi - Al Safeer Centre & Grand Safeer Cineplex at Musaffah / Mussaffah, near the Cambridge High School, 90,000 sq ft with supermarket, 4 cinema screens, Jungle Bungle entertainment center. Open 18 October 2006, owned by Al Safeer Group.
- Sowwah Central Mall (Sowah Central), Sowwah Square. Rebranded (twice). See The Galleria, Al Maryah Island.
- Sun and Sky Towers, Gate District, Shams Abu Dhabi, Reem Island - part of a Sorouh development scheduled for completion in 2010. Update August 2010 - Boutique shopping mall (Boutik Mall) to open in the platform link between the two towers, in early 2011. Area 13,400 square meters on 2 floors with restaurants, cafes, and retail shops, and parking for about 500 vehicles.
- Wahda Shopping Mall - see Al Wahda Mall.
Abu Dhabi Markets
- Abu Dhabi date market - Mina Road, Port Zayed.
- Abu Dhabi fish market - Mina Road, Port Zayed.
- Abu Dhabi meat market - Mina Road, Port Zayed.
- Abu Dhabi fruit & vegetable market - Mina Road, Port Zayed.
Opening hours for Abu Dhabi shopping malls
As a general rule, shopping malls are open 1000-2200 Saturday to Thursday and 1400 or 1600 to 2200 on Fridays. Busy times are Friday afternoons and evenings (almost everyone has Fridays off) and Thursday evenings. Other evenings are not exactly quiet though. Mornings are the best time to avoid crowds. Hours will vary slightly from one mall to the next, and usually food courts and supermarkets will be open later than 2200 (10pm).
Ramadan hours are usually extended to midnight for shops and sometimes later for supermarkets. Shops may be closed around Iftar (1700-1900 depending on time of year). During Ramadan, food outlets will be closed during daylight hours. Shops often stay open until midnight on other important dates eg New Years Eve, the night before Eid celebrations, Christmas Eve.
New shopping malls in Abu Dhabi
- At least 6 new malls are expected to open in Abu Dhabi by 2012 according to a press release 17 August 2010 about the retail sector in Dubai.
General facts and figures about shopping malls in Abu Dhabi
- 09 May 2012 (press release, highlights of a report from real estate consultants DTZ):
- 5 largest malls in Abu Dhabi - Abu Dhabi Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi Mall, Al Wadha Mall, Khalidiya Mall, and Mushrif Mall.
- Total shopping mall GLA in Abu Dhabi as at end of 2011, was 709,329 sq meters (secondary and prime malls). About 60% of the total in just 3 malls - Abu Dhabi Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi Mall, and Al Wadha Mall.
- Mall area forecast to double by end of 2014 with 135,548 sq m released in 2012, and another 322,000 sq m in 2014.
- Total retail GLA in Abu Dhabi city about 1.1 million square meters as of Q2 2010 according to Jones Lang LaSalle information, forecast to increase to about 2.5 million sq m by 2013 or 2014.
Other headings [Oct 2019]
- Best shopping malls in Abu Dhabi (top 5): Nation Galleria, Paragon Bay, The Galleria Al Mariah Island, WTC Mall, Yas Mall.
- Biggest shopping malls in Abu Dhabi (top 5): Abu Dhabi Mall, Al Wahda Mall, Marina Mall, Madinat Zayed Centre, Yas Mall. In the suburbs, anothre three malls are big enough to be in a top 10 list: Dalma Mall in Mussafah, Mushrif Mall in Mushrif, and Deerfields Mall in Al Bahia-Al Shahama.
- Luxury shopping malls in Abu Dhabi (top 5): Avenue at Etihad Towers, Nation Galleria, Paragon Bay, The Collection Saadiyat, The Galleria Al Mariah Island.
- Boutique malls in Abu Dhabi (top 5): Al Seef Village Mall, Paragon Bay Mall, Shams Boutik Mall, Souq Qarayat Al Beri, The Collection Saadiyat.
Last update Thursday 31-Oct-2019.
- Abu Dhabi Shopping Centers - forum topic, add your own comments about Abu Dhabi shopping malls and centers.
- Banks in Abu Dhabi
- Boutik Malls Abu Dhabi - chain of small to medium sized community shopping centers.
- EMKE Group - developer and operator of several shopping malls in Abu Dhabi.
- Lulu Abu Dhabi - hypermarket and supermarket chain.
- Spinneys Abu Dhabi - UAE based supermarket chain with stores in Abu Dhabi and other emirates.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.