Dubai Marina Mall
Dubai Marina Mall in Dubai Marina
Dubai Marina Mall (DMM) in the Dubai Marina development opened in December 2008. Dubai Marina Mall is a bit smaller than The Dubai Mall, with only 390,000 sq ft of retail area (The Dubai Mall is about ten times that size). Both malls belong to the Emaar Malls Group, a subsidiary of the Dubai based developer Emaar Properties, and both have a similar architectural style. Dubai Marina Mall should keep Dubai Marina residents happy with shops, cinemas, restaurants, cafes, and even a hotel. Is a good place to head if you don't like crowds, especially on Thursday and Friday nights. Has pleasant outdoor areas on the Dubai Marina promenade.
Dubai Marina Mall information
- 160 retail shops with Gross Leasable Area (GLA) of 390,000 sq ft (about 36,000 square meters).
- Dubai Marina Mall Promenade overlooks the Dubai Marina, with a collection of cafes and restaurants
- DMM is on 4 floors, carpark has covered parking with 2000 spaces
- Waitrose supermarket open 15 January 2009 is the second one in the UAE, after Waitrose in The Dubai Mall. For those who don't know, Waitrose is a UK supermarket chain. In the UAE it's much the same as Spinneys, except the plastic shopping bags are white and green instead of yellow and green.
- Children's play area and Kids Zone / Kidzone called "Favourite Things Mother & Child "
- The Address hotel in Dubai Marina is attached to the Dubai Marina Mall, opening date 29 October 2009 (the first The Address hotel opened next to The Dubai Mall in 2008).
- Sega World Dubai Marina Mall - entertainment and game zone opening announced 16 May 2012. SEGA Republic Game Zone in Dubai Marina Mall area is 3,600 sq ft, located on second floor next to the food court. Games only, no rides?
- Reel Cinemas Cineplex - 7-screen cinema complex expected to open in 2009 (maybe mid-2009?). Opening date 22 July 2010 with 6 screens.
- Marina Plaza - a commercial tower, scheduled completion September 2009
- Dubai Marina Mall Hotel and Serviced Residences with studio, 1-4 bedroom serviced apartments
- Construction of the mall started in 2005, scheduled completion date was May 2008 and actual opening date was 22 December 2008, so as delays in Dubai go, this one wasn't too bad. Not many shops were open at first but through 2009 more stores opened up.
- Civil, Structural, MEP, and Facade Engineering services by Meinhardt Group of Singapore / Australia
- Dubai Marina Mall is not related to the Abu Dhabi Marina Mall (ADMM).
Dubai Marina Mall opening hours
|Main shopping mall area||1000-2200 (10am-10pm)||1000-2400 (10am-midnight)||1000-2200|
|Waitrose Marina Mall||0800-2300 (8am-11pm)||0800-2400 (8am-midnight)||0800-2300|
|Food Court||1000-2200 (10am-10pm)?||1000-2400 (10am-midnight)||1000-2200|
|Ramadan||1200-2300 (12pm-11pm)||1200-2400 (12pm-12am)||1200-2300|
|Sega Republic Game Zone||1000-2200 (10am-10pm)||1000-2400 (10am-midnight)||1000-22001|
- Waitrose published opening times were originally Sunday to Wednesday 1000-2400 and Thursday to Saturday 0800-2400. Opening hours might change again. Thu and Fri has changed to 0800-2300 during Ramadan 2010 (or earlier)?
- Some shops might be open earlier or later, especially coffee shops, restaurants and food court.
- Thursday Friday closing time extended from 10pm in 2010?
- During Ramadan 2010, restaurants, coffee shops, or food court outlets are closed until Iftar for dine-in. Some outlets open for takeaways only (food court, and Gourmet Burger). Mazina in The Address hotel is open for dine-in during the day during Ramadan.
- Opening hours not clear, website says 10am-10pm but press release said 10am to midnight on Saturdays.
Dubai Marina Mall location and contact details
- Dubai Marina Mall is on the Sheikh Zayed Road side of Dubai Marina, a little closer to the Jebel Ali end of the development. Heading towards Jebel Ali from Dubai, take exit 32 from Sheikh Zayed Rd into the DMM carpark. Coming from Abu Dhabi is more difficult while road works are in progress. Go to Ibn Battuta Mall instead.
- DMM Management Office tel +971-4-4361000
Dubai Marina Mall car parking
- More than 2000 covered car parks (figures of 2100 and 2200 seen, or 3000 according to a press release in 2007)
- Car parking charges are 20 dhs per hour after the first 2 hours (free) but fees were not implemented at the time of opening. Unknown when they will be.
Dubai Marina Mall food and drink
- Gourmet Tower to open later in 2009 one day ... maybe. Seven floors with gourmet food outlets on the Dubai Marina waterfront
- Food court on level 2 with a fine selection of junk food from Assia in Wok, Baskin Robbins, Cinnabon (first food shop to open), India Palace, Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) (closed January 2012?), McDonalds, Mrs Vanellis, Pizza Hut, Saj Express, Subway. Outdoor seating area with pleasant views over the Marina.
- Other restaurants include Biella, Bateel Restaurant, Carluccio's (opening April 2010), Dean & Deluca, Gourmet Burger Kitchen (GBK), Karam Beirut Lebanese Restaurant, Noodle Factory, TGI Fridays, Yo! Sushi
- Cafes include Café Blanc, Café Nero, Eric Kayser, Starbucks (open 0800-2300 every day).
Dubai Marina Mall list of shops
- Banks & Financial Services: Redha Al Ansari Exchange
- Books, Cards & Stationery: Borders, Gulf Greetings, Hallmark
- Communications & Mobile Phones: Axiom Telecom, Cellucom
- Electronics: Grand Stores, Sharaf DG,
- Fashion: Accessorize, Agnes B, Alain Figaret, Balmain, Bobbi Brown, Byblos, Cole Haan, Desigual, DG+, Diesel, Dryberg, Duchamps, Ecco, Ed Hardy, Follie Folli, Fred Perry, Giordano, Guess by Marciano, Joseph, Juicy Couture, Karen Millen, Lacoste, Luisa Spagnoli, Miss Sixty & Accessories, Monsoon, Nautica, New Look, No-Lita / Nolita, Okaidi, Patrizia Pepe, Paul & Shark, Quiksilver, Reiss, Rocco Barocco, Sacorr Brothers, Sephora, Superdry (youth fashion, opening announced 28 February 2012), Via Roma, Yamamay
- Health & Beauty, Cosmetics, Perfumes: Areej, MAC Cosmetics, Planet Nutrition, The Body Shop
- House and Home:
- Optical & Eyewear: Al Jaber Optical, Magrabi
- Specialty and other stores: Early Learning Center, Swarovski
- Sports and Outdoor Goods: Adidas, Air Pegasus, Bebe Sport, Billabong, Nike, Quiksilver, Reebok, Stadium
- Supermarkets: Waitrose
- Watches & Jewellery: Ahmed Seddiqi & Sons, Damas Les Exclusive, Hour Choice, Rivoli, Zoppini Firenze
Last update Sunday 03-Jun-2012
- Cost of living Dubai - how much does it cost to live in Dubai?
- Dubai Marina Mall - forum topic, add your comments about the mall
- Dubai shopping - centers and malls
- Reel Cinemas Dubai
- The Dubai Mall - another Emaar Malls shopping complex, a little bit bigger than the Dubai Marina Mall
- Waitrose - other Waitrose stores in the UAE
- www.dubaimarinamall.com - Dubai Marina Mall website, most pages say "Coming Soon" - there's even a "Coming Soon" page which says ... "Coming Soon" (checked January 2009).