Homes R Us UAE
Homes R Us is a Dubai based furniture chain that sells budget furniture, home accessories and houseware (not home appliances though), with reasonably cheap prices. They often have sales but sometimes restricted to some locations in the UAE. Homes R Us would be in the same list as Home Center, Pan Emirates, IKEA, and Index Home Living when it comes to choosing a furniture shop in the UAE from which to quickly and cheaply kit out your new apartment or villa (although quality and style does show some variation between them).
- Homes R Us established in February 2003. First store at Madinat Zayed Gold Centre in Abu Dhabi.
- Homes R Us has regular promotions and special offers with discounts of 25%, 50%, and sometimes 75%, Especially during the Dubai Shopping Festival, Dubai Summer Surprises, and Ramadan. Not always in all stores at the same time though.
- Dubai Shopping Festival 2010 special offer "up to" (in very small letters) 70% discount on "everything, including the new collection".
- Homes R Us has partnership with Union Co-op to get first preference for opening a furniture store in any new Union Coop shopping center (10 August 2010 reports, unclear when agreement was signed).
- Homes R Us expansion in the UAE might include Abu Dhabi and RAK. In a Khaleej Times interview with the COO,
Viraf Raimalwala, published 08 August 2010, he said "We are also looking at expansion in Ras Al Khaimah and Abu Dhabi"
Homes R Us stores in Abu Dhabi City
- Madinat Zayed Gold Center shopping mall, tel +971-2-6312020. Opening date 18 February 2003, store area 70,000 sq feet.
Homes R Us Al Ain
- Abu Dhabi-Al Ain Rd near Jebel Roundabout, tel +971-3-7559770. New showroom open March 2007.
- Town Square branch, near Sheikha Salama Mosque. Opening date March 2006? Closed after new Jebel R/A branch opened?
- Bawadi Mall Al Ain, tel +971-3-7840494, (open 2009)
HomesR Us Dubai
- Al Barsha Union Coop shopping center - proposed/under negotiation (10 August 2010 Gulf News report).
- Arabian Center Mirdiff, Al Khawaneej Road, tel +971-4-2845736, (open 18 March 2009), the biggest Homes R Us store in the UAE as of September 2009 with area of 70,000 sq ft.
- Hamriya Shopping Center, Union Co-op, Abu Hail Road, Hor Al Anz, Deira, tel +971-4-2698030. Open June 2010? Press release 27 June 2010 said it was the 4th Homes R Us store in Dubai, but only listed 3 Dubai stores (Ibn Battuta Mall wasn't included)?
- Ibn Battuta Mall (IBM) - 9th Homes R Us store, opening date end August 2010 (announced in 02 September 2010 press release). Location in India Court section of IBM. Investment in IBM and Hamirya mall stores reported as AED 24 million (Khaleej Times 08 August 2010).
- Mazaya Centre Sheikh Zayed Road, tel +971-4-3213444. Open 08 December 2003.
Homes R Us Fujairah
- Mohammed Bin Mattar Rd near K M Trading, tel +971-9-2242893
Homes R Us Sharjah
- Al Qasimia St / Al Qassimia St, tel +971-6-5671678. Open October 2004, store area 40,000 sq feet.
Home r Us profile and contact details
- Postal address: Homes r Us Trading LLC, PO Box 74928, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Tel +971-4-2672222, fax +971-4-2672244, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Manager of Homes R Us in the UAE is
Mr Viraf Raimalwala (March 2010 information, and according to Lal's Group website May 2010). Since October 2004?
- Chief Operating Officer is also
Viraf Raimalwala (press release 28 June 2010).
- Managing Director is Mr Chris Scott (February 2003 information).
- Vice-Chairman is
Jayant Ganwani (December 2003 information).
Homes R Us outside the UAE
- Bahrain (called "The Home Store"): Sanabis, Manama Bahrain Mall, +973-17556001
- Kuwait: Farwaniya Dajeej, near Immigration Office, tel +965-4336757
- Oman - planned according to 02 July 2008 press release.
- Qatar: Doha Hyatt Plaza, Doha +974-4698999
- Saudi Arabia - planned according to 02 July 2008 press release. Lal's Group website says "opening soon" but no further information supplied or found (as of May 2010)
Last update Friday 03-Sep-2010