Arabian Center shopping mall Mirdiff Dubai
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Arabian Centre shopping mall in Mirdif, Dubai
The Arabian Center (Arabian Plaza) is a decent sized shopping mall in the Mirdiff (Al Mizhar, Al Khawaneej) area of Dubai, open for business on 28 February 2009, with about 175 shops on two levels and the usual range of shopping and entertainment facilities you'd find in a medium to large shopping centre, as well as a post office, medical clinic, immigration office, and traditional souk. Architecture and design has an Arabic theme but once inside, the escalators and marble floors look much the same as in most Dubai shopping malls.
|Shops and shopping areas||1000-2230 (9am-10:30pm)||1000-2400 (9am-12am)||1000-2300|
|Food Court||1000-2400 (10am-12am)||1000-0030 (10am-12:30am)||1000-2400|
|Lulu Hypermarket2||0800-2400 (8am-12am)||0800-2400 (8am-12am)||0800-2400|
|Prime Medical Center||0900-2100 (9am-9pm)||Thu 0900-2100, Fri 1700-2100 (?)||0900-2100|
|Emirates Post Office (closed?)||0900-1600 (9am-4pm)||0900-1600 (9am-4pm)1,3|
|Arabian Souq, Souk (closed?)||1400-2200 (2pm-10pm) Fri and Sat|
|Ramadan||1000-0200 (10am-2am)||1000-0200 (10am-2am)||1000-0200|
|Food Court during Ramadan||Iftar-0200 (2am)||Iftar-0200 (2am)||Iftar-0200|
- Post office and banks closed on Fridays, DNRD probably closed Friday and Saturday, Etisalat might be closed on Fridays also.
- Lulu Hypermarket opening date 20 June 2011, replaced Worldmart Supermarket. Timings updated Nov 2015 (previously closed at 11pm Sun-Wed)
- [When?] Post office closed? Not found in Arabian Center services list, or Emirates Post list of branches.
- Timings updated (Nov 2015 information). Previous information was shops opened at 9am.
- Ramadan closing time for dining outlets extended from 0100 to 0200 in 2016, for supermarket and shops to 0200 in 2017.
Arabian Center information
- Arabian Center tel +971-4-2845555. Also called Arabian Plaza or Arabian Mall Dubai.
- Location is on Al Khawaneej Road in Mirdif, between Dubai Royal School and Dubai Modern School. Technically, it's in Al Mizhar (between Mirdif and Muhaisnah) but maybe more people have heard of Mirdif.
- "segregated shopping zones for men, women and children" said the Arabian Center press release on 05 March 2009, but there was no evidence of any segregated areas, except for the toilets, when we visited. Sounds unusual anyway.
- Arabian Center opening date 28 February 2009, most shops open by early March 2009
- Owner / operator is Lals Group (they also run Lamcy Plaza in Dubai, the Sharjah Shopping Centre, and are opening a new shopping center in Salalah, Oman, in 2010 first quarter).
- Area of the Arabian Centre is 80,000 sq m (861,000 sq ft) on 2 levels with 175 shops. Similar in size to the Dubai Marina Mall which opened in December 2008.
- Car parking for 1500 small cars (some covered but no underground parking - don't forget your sunshade in the summer).
Arabian Souq (Souk)
- Closed? When? Doesn't seem to exist anymore.
- Open from 08 May 2009.
- Arabic perfume, arts & crafts, ethnic Bedouin jewellery, oud, pottery, rugs, sheilas and abayas, etc in a traditional style souq.
- Open on Fridays and Saturdays from 2pm to 10pm.
Shops, food, and other facilities at Arabian Centre
- Worldmart Hypermarket / supermarket, open 0800-midnight Thu-Sat and 0800-2300 Sun-Wed. Feels like being in a Carrefour - even the fish counter, bags of spices, and delicatessen area look the same. No pork section. Replaced by ...
- ... Lulu Hypermarket, opening date 20 June 2011.
- CinemaCity with 8 Cineplex cinema theatres including a digital theatres, two Dolby 3D theaters, and Sushi Lounge. Cinema complex opening date 28 October 2009? Opening announced 20 December 2009. Ticket reservations tel +971-4-2845900.
- Fun City children's entertainment center with a Kiddie Kutz hair salon for kids.
- Prime Medical Center tel +971-4-2845756, opening hours 0900-2100 daily.
- [Closed?] Emirates Post Office (open 0900-1600 daily except Fridays - closed) - usual postal services, money transfers, sending parcels, utility bill payments, traffic fine payments, telephone cards, parking cards. Also 3000 post office boxes available for rent.
- Other facilities include: Al Naboodah Travel Agency, ATMs, banks (Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, Emirates Bank, and Mashreq Bank), Bare Gents Salon, Crystal Valley Nursery Mirdiff children's day care (might be by open mid-2009 mid-2010 or later), Dubai Naturalization and Residency Center (DNRD) (might be open by mid-2009), Emirates Driving Institute, Etisalat (opening date unknown), Galadari Motor Driving Institute (tel +971-4-2845708), LM Money Exchange, Maison De Joelle beauty salon (16 Jan 2011), Minutes Shoe Repairs, Richies Dry Cleaning, Spaces Ladies health and spa center, SportsFit Health Club fitness center (opening announced 01 January 2011), Wrapt gift wrapping service.
- Food court, restaurants & cafes: Baskin Robbins, Bombay Chowpatty, Caribou Coffee, Charley's Grilled Subs, Chinese Palace, Cold Stone Creamery, Costa Coffee, Dome Cafe, DQ Chill & Grill, Fratelli La Bufala, Garlicos, Hatam Restaurant, KFC, Krispy Kreme, McDonald's, Mirchi Indian restaurant with outdoor terrace (open 04 December 2011), Mrs Vanellis, Nando's, New Kwality Restaurant, New York Fries, Noodle Factory, Pizza Hut, Starbucks, Thai Express, The Fish Supper, The Great Kebab Factory, Waxy's Cafe (almost the same as the Waxy's bar in Bur Dubai but without the beer, smoke, and music - instead they have better coffee and nice fat sandwiches at reasonable prices) - closed and replaced by a Gloria Jean's Cafe, Vivel, Whittard of Chelsea (who serve a nice cuppa tea), Wrapid.
- Ice Skating Rink (artificial or synthetic ice so you won't get too cold) - opening date 17 June 2010 (the first day of Dubai Summer Surprises 2010), see also other ice skating rinks in UAE.
- List of stores includes: Adams, Adidas, Al Ameerat, Al Jaber Optical, Aldo, Alcott, Axiom Telecom, Baby Gap (BabyGap), Balmain, Bendon, Booksplus (a small one), Bossini, Camaieu, Carter's, Celio, Charles & Keith, Claires, Daiso (miniature Japanese department store), Damas Jewellery, Eros Digital, Flexa, G2 Black Label, G2000, Gap Kids (GapKids), Gio Ferrari, Giordano, Gini & Jony (July 2009, NMD Fashions), H&M (Hennes & Mauritz), Homes R Us Mirdiff (large furniture store), Hush Puppies, Jeans West, Joyalukkas Jewellery, La Moda, Levis, MAC Cosmetics, Magrabi Optical, Mango, Matalan Department Store (first in Dubai/UAE, open 10 September 2009), Mikyajy, Milano, Monsoon, Mothercare, Naturalizer, New Look, Next, Nayomi, Nine West, Optic Centre, Paris Gallery, Pierre Cardin, Pumpkin Patch, Quiz, Rasasi Perfumes, Rivoli Watches, Sharaf Digital, Shoe Mart (ShoeMart), Splash, Spring, Springfield, Strand Bags, Style Studio, Sunglass Hut, Tape-a-Loiel, The Body Shop, The Watch House, Thomas Scott, Top Man, Top Shop, United Colors of Benetton, Va Va Voom (VaVa Voom), Wallis, Yateem Optician.
- Jewellery Court with a handful of shops selling pretty trinkets.
- X2 Motion Simulator (from FX Simulation) - a green box which two people can sit in and watch a TV screen for a couple of minutes while the box jiggles up and down and back and forth. You choose one of 8 computer animated wild rides to watch, from car races to impossible roller coasters. The effect is not quite the same as the real deal but at 25 dhs a go, it's a lot cheaper than burning out the tyres on your own vehicle.
Arabian Center management and personnel
- General Manager of Arabian Center - Tim Jones (June 2011 information)
Last update Thursday 31-Aug-2017
- Dubai shopping - other malls and centres.
- Dubai Shopping Festival - a shopping festival? A what?
- Dubai activities - other things to do if you don't want to shop.
- www.arabiancenter.com - official Arabian Center website.
- www.arabiancenter.ae - was Arabian Center website, now invalid.
- www.arabiancentre.ae has no website, www.arabiancenter.com is spam, www.arabiancentre.com is a news aggregator site (nothing original).
- www.cinemacity.ae - Arabian Center Cinema Complex website.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.