Saturday 11 July 2020 (UAE)
Royal Dubai School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Royal Dubai School
|School name||Royal Dubai School|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-10 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||NC, GCSE, A-level|
|Head of school||Jarlath Madine (Principal/CEO)|
|Executive body or owner||GEMS Education / Varkey Group|
|Date founded||September 2005|
|Number of students (approx)||500|
|Number of staff (approx)||30|
|School area, location map||Mirdiff - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 121310, Dubai, UAE|
|School fees structure||30,084-37,932 dhs per year (2011-2012)|
|Teacher salary range||6,800 - 10,000 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Royal Dubai School admissions, reviews, notes
Royal Dubai School reviews - add yours here.
Royal Dubai School tuition fee structure
|Year / Grade||FS1||FS2||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10¹||11²||12²||13²|
|Annual fees (AED) 2011-2012||30,084||37,932||37,932||37,932||37,932||37,932||37,932||37,932|
|Annual fees (AED) 2010-2011||30,084||37,932||37,932||37,932||37,932||37,932||37,932||37,932|
|Annual fees (AED) 2009-2010||30,084||37,932||37,932||37,932||37,932||37,932||37,932||37,932||44,001||53,399||53,399|
|Annual fees (AED) 2008-2009||27,600||34,800||34,800||34,800||34,800||34,800||34,800||34,800||40,368||48,990||48,990|
|Annual fees (AED) 2007-2008||23,800||30,000||30,000||30,000||30,000||30,000||30,000||30,000|
|Annual fees (AED) 2006-2007³||19,750||24,950||24,950||24,950||24,950||24,950||24,950||24,950|
|Annual fees (AED) 2005-2006³||19,750||24,950||24,950||24,950||24,950||24,950||24,950||24,950|
- Year 10 fees waiting for approval from KHDA
- Year 11-13 no information, no classes
- Discounted fees for 2005-2007 (approximately 20% discount off normal fees of AED 23,800-30,000 per annum).
- 2010-2011 - Registration fee AED 500 (non-refundable).
- 2010-2011 - Registration fee AED 600 or 500 (non-refundable)? Not clear if AED 2,000 deposit still applicable for 2010-2011.
- 2009-2010 - Registration fee AED 600, deposit (non-refundable) AED 2,000. Fees to be paid each term. Fees increased by 9% for 2009-2010.
- 2008-2009 - Registration fee AED 600, deposit (non-refundable) AED 2,000.
08 September 2011
- New principal/CEO of GEMS Royal Dubai School is Jarlath Madine. Previously he was Head of Primary and Deputy Principal at Al Khor International School in Doha, Qatar (also a GEMS school).
- Previous head of RDS was Ms Sue Backer / Sue Vig.
17 June 2011
- The National reported that GEMS Royal Dubai School was trying to "poach" students from a Taleem school closing down (apparently) - Uptown High School.
- The article said a newsletter was sent out from the Principal, Mrs Sue Vig, saying "Having heard the news that Uptown School in Mirdif will be closing, we would like to give the families of Gems Royal Dubai School the opportunity to be rewarded through the Gems Refer a Friend campaign" but after the resulting consternation amongst parents at both schools, another statement was issued (12 June 2011) that said "May I offer my sincere apologies for this incorrect information and I regret any anxiety caused to anyone associated with Uptown School as a result of this communication."
29 January 2011
- Royal Dubai School (RDS) is looking for a new Headteacher / Principal / CEO according to a job position advertised by the TES - "Following the internal transfer of current Principal/CEO, we now seek to appoint a dynamic, experienced Principal/CEO." Benefits package and salary offer not supplied. Current principal is Mrs Sue Vig according to RDS website, unknown where she is being internally transferred to.
29 October 2009
- Dubai media reports say Royal Dubai School high school section will close by June 2010? Primary school section will remain operational? No official statement received from GEMS. Nothing obvious on the RDS website or blog to confirm closure. Parents can apparently transfer children to GEMS Jumeirah College or GEMS Wellington School.
- RDS websites at www.royaldubaischool.com and www.gemseducation.com.
- RDS High School blog at secondary-rds.blogspot.com. Junior school year groups each have their own blog also, at fs1-rds.blogspot.com, year1-rds.blogspot.com etc.
- Principal now has two names - Sue Vig according to 2009-2010 parents guide, and Sue Backer according to RDS website.
- RDS has a special needs section - the Achievement Center (ACE) - to provide extra assistance for dyslexic students and others with minor disabilities.
05 September 2008
- Royal Dubai School expanded to secondary from September 2007, expanding by one grade per year presumably (up to grade 9 for 2008-2009). Head of secondary school is Mr Christopher Short (was Head of School at Jumeirah College?). Principal is Sue Backer.
- Also referred to as GEMS Royal Dubai School.
- School website says they will offer GCSE and A Level to higher grades as school grows. No mention of IB.
- Student body of over 40 different nationalities.
- More contact details: principal direct tel: +971 4 288 6410, principal email firstname.lastname@example.org, secondary head email email@example.com
25 August 2006
- Royal Dubai School opened as a primary school but expects to grow into higher grades and offer International Baccalaureate (IB).
- RDS press release says facilities include multi-media projectors and interactive whiteboards in all classrooms, multi-purpose sports hall, 25m indoor swimming pool, sports field and covered play areas, specialist art, IT (with wireless), and science rooms, and video conferencing for students.
- See also the list of GEMS schools.
Schools in or near Mirdiff close to Royal Dubai School
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Al Mizhar American Academy||September 2005||K-12||US||39,886-62,176||AMAA reviews|
|Arab Unity School||K-12||Arabic, UK||5,380-8,075|
|Buds Public School||December 1986||K-12||Indian||7,120-12,720|
|Dar Al Marefa School||September 2008||K-10||Arabic/English||25,750-50,000|
|Dubai Arab American School||K-12||UAE/US||12,013-26,780||DAAS reviews|
|Dubai Modern Education School||1996||K-12||UAE, US||10,000-14,000|
|Greenwood International School||September 2006||K-12||Arabic/US||14,675-23,035||GIS reviews|
|Mirdiff Private School||September 1995||K-10||Arabic/US||21,000-32,000|
|New Arab Unity School||September 2007||K-12||Arabic, US||17,500-30,000|
|North American International School Dubai||K-12||Arabic, US||25,750-41,200|
|School of Modern Skills||August 2006||K-10||Arabic / US||14,313-24,205||SMS reviews|
|Smart Vision School Dubai||September 2016||primary||UK||29,900-53,900|
Last update 12 September 2012
General comments - might not apply to Royal Dubai School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.