Wednesday 01 April 2020 (UAE)
Ice skating in Dubai UAE
Ice skating and skating rinks in Dubai UAE
List of ice skating rinks in Dubai
- Al Nasr Leisureland at Al Nasr Club in Oud Meth (near Karama) - ice hockey, open 0900-2300 (9am-11pm), tel +971-4-3371234, email email@example.com. Annual membership fee AED 850-1600 for ice skating, or AED 3800 for everything (tennis, bowling, squash, swimming pool, etc). Cost might be AED 10-15 for 2 hour session plus AED 5 for skate hire. Possibly an additional AED 10 admission fee to the sports complex.
- Arabian Plaza shopping mall in Mirdiff - opening date 17 June 2010 for the Dubai Summer Surprises 2010. Synthetic ice, whatever that means.
- Dubai Ice Rink (details below) - phone +971-4-448 5111
- Dubai Sports City - planned / under consideration / under construction?
- Galleria Ice Rink - part of the Galleria shopping center in the Hyatt Regency Hotel Deira Corniche, small ice skating rink, skate hire available, open 1000-2100 (10am-9pm) tel +971-4-2096550 or +971-4-2096000 (The Galleria), email firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost is AED 25 for three and a half hour session (website price February 2010), or buy a membership for 1-12 months.
- Snowdome in Dubailand - ice rink planned. Don't hold your breath.
- Stargate Dubai - modest size rink in the Lunar Dome, lessons and skate hire available, pleasant nightscape polar scenery and lighting
- The Dubai Mall - see Dubai Ice Rink
Dubai Ice Rink
- Located at at The Dubai Mall on the ground floor.
- Olympic size ice skating rink with disco nights and afternoons, sports activities, skate hire. Spectator seating capacity 350. Area 60m x 30m.
- Beginners lessons with the Learn-To-Skate program - Group classes AED 500 for 5x half-hour classes, Small group classes for AED 120 per person for half an hour, Individual lessons for AED 150 per half-hour. Need to book more than a day in advance (February 2010 prices).
- Children's birthday packages
- Tel +971-4-4485111, email email@example.com
- Standard cost per session AED 50 per person (February 2010), discounts for groups. Skate rental included.
- Opening hours 1000-2400 (10am to 12am) but public sessions are in 2 hour blocks (mostly), check with the Dubai Ice Rink for exact times which depend on other events and activity program.
- All day long Ice Pass @ Dubai Ice Rink (announced 20 March 2012) - valid Sundays to Wednesdays, cost AED 125, includes all-day unlimited Ice Pass, free locker usage.
List of ice skating rinks in other emirates
- Abu Dhabi - Abu Dhabi Ice Rink, location Zayed Sports City off Airport Road (Al Madina Al Riyadiya, Al Matar Road?), tel +971-2-4448458. Olympic-size ice rink, ice hockey training and matches, French café, entertainment and shopping area, ice skating lessons, membership packages.
- Abu Dhabi -Abu Dhabi Tourist Club, tel +971-2-6723400, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Al Ain - Al Ain Shopping Mall (Al Ain Mall)
- Al Ain Bawadi Mall - Bawadi Mall Ice Skating Rink. Open October 2009? Tel +971-3-7840000 (main mall telephone). Opening hours 1000-2400 (10am-12am), until 1am on Thursdays and Fridays?
- Al Ain - Hili Fun City & Ice Rink, tel +971-3-7845542, email email@example.com
- Fujairah - Galleria Mall in Fujairah, next Lulu Hypermarket, opening in 2012 (date not confirmed)?
- Sharjah - Sharjah Women's Club?
- Ras Al Khaimah - one planned for the WOW RAK Shopping Mall due to open in 2011 (or 2012 or later). But beaten to the title of first ice rink in RAK by the one in the RAK Mall (opened 26 April 2012).
Figure Skating in Dubai
- At the Dubai Ice Rink in the Dubai Mall.
Last update Friday 27-Apr-2012. Page development 4L 5C.
- www.dubaiicerink.com - Dubai Ice Rink website (The Dubai Mall)
- www.alnasrll.com - Al Nasr Leisureland website
- [Disabled] Submit URL.