Stargate theme park Dubai
Stargate Dubai (not Star Gate) is an educational and entertainment theme park in Zabeel Park, Dubai, open September 2009 just in time for Eid Al Fitr. Or if you like, an Edutainment Park. But Stargate stress it is not a school and doesn't have teachers or classes (although there are a couple of classrooms available for groups). The Stargate Park is divided into 5 domes around a food court in the Central Pyramid, and is supposed to resemble a space ship in keeping with the space age theme of the amusement park. Apparently the story behind the Stargate Park is that a couple of aliens,
Ajeeb and Gareeb, crash landed their spacecraft in Zabeel Park. Why a spaceship would have an ice rink, roller coaster, and food court is somewhat curious though.
Stargate Dubai opening hours, entry fees, location
Stargate Dubai advertisements in February 2010 (7 Days newspaper) said an all day pass was available for AED 75? Contact Stargate to confirm.
- Opening times Saturday-Wednesday 1000-2200 (10am-10pm) and
Thursday-Friday 1000-0000 (10am-midnight)
- Entry is free. Visitors buy a plastic card for AED 2 and then add credit to use the Stargate facilities.
- Charges for rides are the same for adults and children.
- Attractions include The Children's Academy, Bermuda Triangle with high-tech mazes, Space Mall, Spinning Earth roller coaster (October 2008 press release). Stargate website September 2009 says
- The Academy - educational facility
- The Fun Track - art gallery, e-library, and games
- The Space Mall - shopping area
- The Exhibition Wings - exhibitions and company promotions
- Stargate Dubai location is Zabeel Park Gate 4, entry off Sheikh Rashid Road (or Al Adidi Road?), between Zabeel Park and Karama. Good car parking.
- Dubai Metro access from Jafiliya station on the Red Line, but it's at the other side of Zabeel Park and a long walk from Gate 4 if in the midsummer heat.
- A brief review of Stargate Dubai when it opened is: looks like good fun for kids - should be enough entertainment to keep them amused for a good few hours, the Zabeel Park admission charge was an annoyance if not wanting to visit the park, roller coaster ride was short.
- Food court and small shopping mall
- Roller coaster (inside and outside on the same trip).
- Display about how a roller coaster works.
- Ice rink and ice skating, lessons available (see also other Dubai ice rink information).
- Cafe and viewing area
- Children's party and activity rooms
- Family viewing area
- 3D entertainment and cinema
- Go-Kart race track - a children's version with driving school, and a family track for big kids.
- Games area
Stargate Dubai miscellaneous information
- Soft opening date of Stargate Dubai 20 September 2009? A bit later than the March 2009 opening date scheduled in October 2008.
- Official opening date November 2009
- Cost of Stargate Dubai was AED 280 million in October 2008, rose to AED 450 million when open in September 2009.
- Total area about 24,000 or 37,000 square meters (260,000 or 400,000 sq feet) - about the same size as a small shopping mall. Different figures reported - the larger one is the most recent.
- Stargate Dubai developer is Osus. Chief Executive of Osus is Abdullah al Ghobian.
- Attractions Manager is
Stargate Dubai contact details
- Stargate Dubai, PO Box 121234, Dubai, UAE
- Tel +971-4-3259988, fax +971-4-3259977, toll-free (in UAE) phone 800-9977
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update Friday 04-Jun-2010
Related websites (new window)