Lulu Hypermarkets Abu Dhabi Dubai UAE
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Lulu Hypermarkets in Dubai, UAE, and the Middle East
List of Lulu hypermarkets, supermarkets, shopping malls and centers in Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE - information and guide. Lulu's, Lulus is operated by Emke Group and has stores across the Middle East region including Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia.
- 25 Jul 2014 - Lulu has 110 branches with the opening of the new mall in Fujairah.
Abu Dhabi Lulu's hypermarkets and stores
|Al Falah Plaza|
|Al Raha Mall||Lulu Express||0900-2300||+971-2-5562800|
|Al Wahda Mall||hypermarket|
|Capital Mall Mussafah||hypermarket||03 Feb 2014||Mohammed Bin Zayed City (MBZ City)|
|City Center||Emirates General Market|
|Electra Street||0800-2300||+971-2-6316262||Emirates General Market|
|Hamdan Street||0900-1300, 1630-2230||+971-2-6272828||Lulu Center|
|Hamdan Street||0800-0200||+971-2-6747500||Emirates General Market|
|Madinat Zayed||0800-2300||+971-2-6393949||Emke supermarket and department store|
|Madinat Zayed Mall||Hypermarket||16 Oct 2011||14,000|
|Mazyad Mall||Lulu Express||0900-2300||+971-2-5532233||Lulu Express supermarket|
|Muroor Rd||0800-2300||+971-2-4480490||Emirates General Market|
|Mushrif Mall (Mushreef)||hypermarket||Opening 2010 ... delayed to mid 2011|
|Salam Street||shopping center||Lulu Center|
|Zayed City||Planned, opening late 2011?|
Ajman Lulu's hypermarkets and stores
|Ajman||hypermarket||shopping center||+971-3-7422200||Dec 2003||24,000||Al Bustan area?|
Al Ain Lulu's hypermarkets and stores
|Al Ain||shopping center||Lulu Center|
|Al Falah Plaza|
|Al Foah/Fuah Mall||Shopping mall||Under construction, opening 2010?|
Dubai Lulu's hypermarkets and stores
|Al Ghusais / Qusais||Hypermarket||0800-2400||+971-4-2988880|
|Al Quoz||Lulu Express||10 Jul 2011||SoukExtra Al Quoz|
|Arabian Center Mirdiff||Hypermarket||+971-4-2845544||20 Jun 2011||9,300||Khawaneej Road, 90th branch|
|Deira||0900-2300||+971-4-2626141||Lulu Center, Al Muteena St opp Sheraton Hotel|
|International City||Lulu Express||10 Jul 2011||France cluster|
Fujairah Lulu's hypermarkets and stores
|Fujairah||Hypermarket||0800-2400||+971-9-2220505||Expansion 2009-2011 ... open 24 Jul 2014|
|Fujairah - Mirbah||Lulu Express||11 Jul 2011||SouqExtra Al Merbah|
Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) Lulu's hypermarkets and stores
|Ras Al Khaimah||0900-2330||+971-7-2282000||Lulu Center|
|RAK Mall||Shopping mall||26 Apr 2012||Delayed from 2010 opening|
Sharjah Lulu's hypermarkets and stores
|Al Falah Plaza||Hypermarket||0800-2400||+971-6-5332220||Shopping mall in Industrial Area 4|
|Al Nahda||Hypermarket||19 Apr 2010||16,000||77th Lulu store|
|Rolla||Department store||0900-2300||+971-6-5651133||Lulu Center|
Umm Al Quwain (UAQ) Lulu's hypermarkets and stores
|Umm Al Qwain||Department store||0800-2330||+971-6-7666331||Lulu Center|
Other UAE Lulu's hypermarkets and stores
|Dibba||Hypermarket||+971-9-2431000||05 Aug 2010||17,000||Under construction in 2009-2010|
|Ghayathi - Ghayati||Lulu Express||Open late 2011?|
|Liwi||Under consideration / rumoured|
|Madinat Zayed||In Western Region, under consideration|
|Ruwais||0800-2300||+971-2-8762272||Emirates General Market|
|Ruwais||Hypermarket||29 Jan 2014||Ruwais Mall|
Other Middle East and international Lulu hypermarkets and stores
|Bahrain||Locations: Manama - Dana Mall, Riffa|
|Bahrain||Ramli Mall, A'Ali||planned|
|India - Kochi2||Shopping Mall||Q1 2012||205,000||Under construction by Emke Group|
|Kuwait||Locations: Al Rai, Fahaheel|
|Kuwait - Al Qurain||Hypermarket||29 Jul 2010||20,000||Al Wahda Mall, Al Qurain Commercial City|
|Kuwait - Dajeej||Hypermarket|
|Oman - Buraimi||Shopping Center||31,000||Construction started Apr 2010|
|Oman - Khaburah||Shopping Center||03 Aug 2010||12,000||Kaboorah/Khabura in Batinah region|
|Oman - Khasab||Planned/under construction|
|Oman - Muscat||Locations: Barka, Bousher, Darsait, Seeb|
|Oman - Muscat||Hypermarket||18 May 2010||Location: Wadi Al Kabir|
|Oman - Muscat||Boushar Mall - planned|
|Oman - Nizwa||Planned/under construction|
|Oman - Salalah||Shopping Center||0900-2300||+968-23288133||Closed 1100-1630 on Fridays|
|Oman - Salalah||Shopping Mall||+968-23218400||26 Feb 2011||35,000||Opening delayed from end 2010|
|Oman - Sohar||Hypermarket||0800-2400||+968-26843040|
|Qatar - Doha||Locations: Al Rayan, D-Ring Road, Gharaffa|
|Qatar - Doha||Lulu Express||+974-44800448||04 Aug 2010||Al Rayyan, Education City Community Housing|
|Qatar||07 Jul 2012||200,000||Al Khor Mall|
|Qatar||Al Wakrah Mall - planned|
|Saudi Arabia Al Khobar||Hypermarket||Al Khobar, 4 more stores by end 2010|
|Saudi Arabia Damman||Hypermarket||planned||Eastern Province|
|Saudi Arabia Hofuf||Hypermarket||planned||Eastern Province|
|Saudi Arabia Jeddah||2 stores||Hypermarket and a supermarket planned|
|Saudi Arabia Jubail||Hypermarket||planned||Eastern Province|
|Saudi Arabia Rabwah||Hypermarket||+966-1-4918169||08 Aug 2010||9,300||Umar Ibn Abdul Aziz Rd, Exit 14, Riyadh|
|Saudi Arabia Riyadh||4 stores||4 hypermarkets planned|
|Saudi Arabia Riyadh||Hypermarket||28 Mar 2011||19,500||Riyadh Avenue Mall|
- Some Lulu stores will be closed Friday mornings until 1400 or 1600. Opening hours will vary during Ramadan - expect later opening and closing times, and some stores will be closed for a period of 2 or 3 hours around sunset, and around lunchtime on Fridays.
- Lulu Shopping Mall in Kochi (Cochin), India might open early 2012 (delayed from 2011?). Construction cost about AED 1.3 billion. Facilities will include 300 stores, restaurants and food court, hypermarket, family amusement center, bowling alley, multiplex cinema complex.
Lulu Hypermarket news and updates
- 24 Jul 2014 - new Lulu Center with 100 shops open in Fujairah, expansion of the Lulu Hypermarket site. Total of 110 Lulu developments in the GCC, Egypt, India, and Yemen.
- [Confirm, date] - expansion plans include 6 new hypermarkets in Malaysia; possible entry into Algeria, Indonesia, Iraq, Libya, Morocco.
- 2014 - 109th Lulu branch opened in Sharjah.
- 03 Feb 2014 - new Lulu hypermarket open in the Capital Mall, MBZ City, Abu Dhabi. The 108th branch of Lulus.
- 29 Jan 2014 - new Lulu Hypermarket opened in the new Ruwais shopping mall in the Western Region (Al Gharbiya) of Abu Dhabi emirate. Opening times, contact information not provided. Lulu Ruwais Mall is the 107th Lulu branch to open.
- [Confirm] Nov 2013 expansion plans: 42 new Lulu Hypermarkets opening in 2014-2015 including 15 in Saudi Arabia, 7 in the UAE, 6 in Oman, 4 in Qatar, 4 in Kuwait, 3 in Bahrain, 3 in Egypt. Current total is 104 hypermarkets or centers (no new centers opened between Jul 2012 and Nov 2013)?
- 08 July 2012 - new Lulu Hypermarket opened in Al Khor Mall, Qatar, the 104th Lulu store to open (and the 4th in Qatar).
- 24 April 2012 (Arab News) - Lulu annonced the opening of their 100th store would be on 26 April 2012. The store is in Ras Al Khaimah Mall (RAK Mall). Lulu also plans to launch an online store.
- 16 October 2011 (press release) - opening announced of a new Lulu Hypermarket in Madinat Zayed shopping mall in Abu Dhabi, area 150,000 sq feet (delayed from mid-2011).
- 04 August 2011 (Emirates 24-7) - Lulu Mushrif Mall opening date expected to be Wednesday 10 August 2011. Mall construction cost AED 1.05 billion market, area 1.3 million sq feet, about 210 shops.
- 24 July 2011 (WAM news) - Lulu plans to open another 40-50 "neighbourhood stores" (Lulu Express) in the GCC region by 2014. Two new Lulu Express stores were opened in Dubai, and one in Fujairah in the previous week. Also one in Abu Dhabi and one in Qatar before that.
- 20 June 2011 - 90th Lulu shop open in Arabian Center Mall in Mirdiff, Dubai.
- 28 March 2011 - 89th Lulu store open in Riyadh in Saudi Arabia, in the Riyadh Avenue Mall, Murabba (Murabbah?) area, the third Lulu store in Riyadh.
- 01 March 2011 - the Lulu Hypermarket in Sohar, Oman, was set on fire by protestors against the Omani government. It wasn't clear what the point was of setting fire to a supermarket though.
- 26 February 2011 - Lulu Salalah opens next to Salalah Airport, area 35,000 sq m (350,000 sq ft) on 3 floors, is the 87th Lulu store to open.
- 12 October 2010 - Lulu expansion in UAE, Gulf Region, and international (Khaleej Times report):
- Lulu Hypermarkets will open its 8th hypermarket in Abu Dhabi by end 2010, and another 5 stores in the Western Region (Al Gharbiyah) by end 2011. Yusuffali MA, the Managing Director, said "We are investing up to Dh700 million in setting up these hypermarkets as consumer base in the capital is increasing,"
- New locations include Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre in Abu Dhabi city, Mushrif Mall on Airport Road, and Bani Yas town outside Abu Dhabi city.
- Expansion plan aiming to increase number of stores from 83 to 100 by end 2011, called the ACHIEVE 100 project.
- Within the Gulf region, Lulu plans to open 14 new hypermarkets and shopping malls before end 2010, with investment worth AED 3.2 billion. This includes another 3 or 4 centres in Saudi Arabia.
- Outside the Gulf region, stores planned include one in Egypt (before end 2010), and the Lulu Shopping Mall in India (in 2011).
- 10 August 2010 - press release about Lulu Saudi Arabia expansion:
- New stores in the Eastern Province expected to open by end 2011 in Daman, Hofuf, and Jubail. Another 4 hypermarkets to open in Riyadh, and another 2 stores in Jeddah: The group intends to open four hypermarkets in Riyadh in addition to one hypermarket and a supermarket in Jeddah. Plans are in place for three hypermarkets and a department store in the Eastern Province in the next 18 months. In the Eastern Province, LuLu's new stores will be located in Dammam, Jubail and Hofuf, joining the present hypermarket in Al Khobar.
- And comments in the same press release about UAE and Oman expansion from Yousuf Ali M.A., the Lulu Group Managing Director included: "Our immediate plans include the upcoming Mushrif Mall or the Central Fish Market project in Abu Dhabi, besides a shopping mall in Al Ain and Ras Al Khaimah, ... Our immediate plans include the upcoming hypermarkets in Khasab, Salalah, Nizwa and Buraimi in Oman,"
- Oman Khaboura Lulu store opened August 2010, has another OR 70 million worth of expansion plans due for completion by end 2011.
- 08 August 2010 - 83rd Lulu hypermarket or shopping center opens at 1100 in Rabwah/Rabwa, exit 14 of Omar Bin Abdul Aziz Road, Riyad, Saudi Arabia. Area about 100,000 sq feet. Facilities and product ranges include clothing and fashion for men, women and children, cosmetics, electronics, footwear, health and beauty products, home appliances, home furnishings, household linen, IT, perfumes, sports goods, stationery, watches. Lulu plans to open 4 more stores in Saudi Arabia by end of 2010 (press reports 08 and 10 August 2010).
- 05 August 2010 - 82nd Lulu store opens at 1100 in Dibba, Fujairah, on the East Coast of the UAE.
- 04 August 2010 - 81st Lulu store opens at 1100 in Al Rayan, Doha, Qatar.
- 03 August 2010 (press release, Khaleej Times, Oman Observer) - 80th Lulu store opened in Al Khaboora (Wilayat Khaboorah), Oman, is the 8th Lulu store in Oman. Area 130,000 or 150,000 square feet (12,000 or 13,900 sq meters), or 15,000 sq m (all 3 figures reported), development cost about 15 million Omani Riyals (AED 150m). Facilities include supermarket with fresh vegetables and fruit, butchery, bakery, delicatessen, and a hypermarket department store area with electronics, home appliances, furniture, fashion and clothing. Other shops include ATM, Computer Shoppe, Lulu International Exchange, Lulu Pharmacy, money exchange, Nawras counter, Oman Mobile, Omantel counter, optician, perfume shop, Sea Pearls Jewellery, Top Note, watch shop, Zahra Phones. Al Kaboora/Al Khabourah is about halfway between Muscat and the UAE border, along the coast road.
- 22 June 2010 - The National reported that Lulu is exploring opportunities in places such as Liwa and Madinat Zayed in the Western Region of Abu Dhabi, and the northern emirates of Ras al Khaimah and Fujairah. Based on comments from V Nandakumar, the Corporate Communications Manager for Emke Group.
- 28 April 2010 (press release) - foundation stone for the new Lulu Center in Buraimi laid by the Buraimi Governor, H.E. Yahya Bin Hamoud Bin Hamad Al Ma'amari. Mall area 325,000 sq feet, cost RO 14 million (AED 140 million). Facilities will include cinema multiplex, children's entertainment area, cafes and coffee shops, food court.
- 20 April 2010 (Khaleej Times) - 77th Lulu store opened in Sharjah, a hypermarket costing AED 120 million and covering 175,000 sq feet (16,260 sq meters). Yusuffali M.A., Managing Director of Lulu Group, said "We will open one more store in Sharjah this year and within next 2-3 years will have 100 stores" The Gulf News reported him saying "All our planned projects are on track and our immediate plans include a shopping mall in Al Ain, Mushrif Mall in Abu Dhabi, new hypermarkets in Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia."
- 30 September 2009 (news release) - Lulu Fujairah expansion with construction starting in September 2009 and completion date expected 22 months later. Total area to be 44,500 sq meters on B+G+1 floors with underground carpark, 100+ shops, food court, kids entertainment area, and cinemas. Construction contract awarded to Amana Contracting and Steel Buildings in November 2008? Project might be delayed with construction starting September 2010 and opening date in December 2011.
- 22 January 2009 (news release) - Khasab Lulu shopping center construction contract awarded to Amana Contracting and Steel Buildings. Built-up area of 13,500 square meters on 40,000 sq m of land with hypermarket, food court, and car park. Construction timeline not supplied.
- 23 November 2008 (press release) - Dibba Lulu Hypermarket construction contract awarded to Amana Contracting and Steel Buildings. Building appears to be two floors of area 17,000 sq meters on 20,000 sq m of land, with Islamic themed architecture. Completion date expected to be 29 July 2009 (might be delayed)? Located in Al Rashidiya area?
Lulu Hypermarkets background and profile
- Emke Group (parent company of Lulu Hypermarkets), established in 1966 in Abu Dhabi?
Lulu Hypermarkets financial information
- Khaleej Times report 12 October 2010 said The group recorded an annual sales turnover of $4.3 billion in 2009, an increase of 17 per cent from previous year. But that refers to Emke Group, not just Lulu's?
Lulu Hypermarkets contact details
- Abu Dhabi Head Office - EMKE Group, PO Box 4048, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Tel +971-2-6421800, fax +971-2-6421716, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dubai & Northern Emirates Regional Office - EMKE Group Regional Office, c/o Lulu Hypermarket Al Qusais, PO Box 60188, Dubai, UAE. Tel +971-4-2988850 or +971-4-2988880, fax +971-4-2988860.
Last update Monday 28-Jul-2014. Page development 4L 5C.
- Carrefour UAE - a French hypermarket chain in the UAE
- Emke Group
- Shopping malls in Dubai
- Supermarkets in Dubai
- www.luluhypermarket.com - Lulu Hypermarkets official website
- [Disabled] Submit URL.