Carrefour Abu Dhabi Dubai UAE
Carrefour hypermarket stores in the UAE
Carrefour (C4) is a large French hypermarket chain with stores around the world, including in Dubai and other emirates in the UAE. Carrefour supermarkets in the UAE are operated by the Majid Al Futtaim (MAF Group) and several are located in MAF shopping malls in the UAE. Carrefour Dubai and MAF also operate the UAE Carrefour Express stores which are smaller versions of the Carrefour hypermarkets, with more limited product ranges, and different prices. C4 is an informal abbreviation sometimes used.
As of 28 September 2013 (with the opening of Carrefour at Deerfields Townsquare in Abu Dhabi), there are 19 Carrefour hypermarkets and 24 Carrefour express supermarkets in the UAE.
Carrefour hypermarkets and supermarkets Dubai and UAE
|Location||Opening Date||Size||Opening Hours||Telephone||Map||Notes|
|Abu Dhabi Marina Mall||0900-2400||+971-2-6817100||map||Open to 0100 Th|
|Airport Road Abu Dhabi||0800-2400||+971-2-4494300||map||Open from 0900 Fr|
|Bawabat Al Sharq Mall, Baniyas||Nov 2011||8,800 sq m||PR 02 Nov 2011|
|Dalma Mall||14 Oct 2009||0900-2400||+971-2-6525999||map|
|Deerfields Town Square||28 Sep 2013||6,700 sq m||Al Bahia, Al Shahama|
|Ajman City Centre||0900-2400||+971-6-7434111||map|
|Al Jimi Center (Mall)||0900-2400||+971-3-7620044||map|
|Bawadi Mall Al Ain||0900-2400||+971-3-7035101||map|
|Boutik Al Ain||Oct 2012?|
|Arena Mall Dubai Sports City||2010 2013||136,000 sq ft||Planned|
|Century Mall, Al Mamzar||0830-2400||+971-4-2035699||map|
|Deira City Center||0900-2400||+971-4-2951600||map||Open to 0100 Th, Fr|
|Dubai Investments Park (DIP)||end 2012||30,000 sq ft|
|Mall of the Emirates (MOE)||0900-2400||+971-4-4094899||map|
|Madina Mall||u/c||open late 2011?|
|Mirdiff City Center||16 Mar 2010||0900-2400||+971-4-6069666||map||Open to 0100 Th, Fr|
|Umm Suqeim, Al Wasl Road||open 2012?||13,000 sq ft||map||In J3 Mall|
|Fujairah City Center||15 Dec 2012|
Ras Al Khaimah
|Sharjah City Center||0900-2400||+971-6-5332333|
Carrefour online store UAE
- Carrefour UAE launched an online store in September 2010 with more than 3,000 non-food items available (so no, you can't do your grocery shopping online).
- Free delivery for orders above AED 500, delivery charge about AED 12 for items below AED 500. Delivery by UPS.
Carrefour UAE news and updates
- Carrefour Fujairah City Center opening date 15 December 2011 (17 December 2011 press release).
- Carrefour Bawabat Al Sharq Mall in Bani Yas, Abu Dhabi new store opening announced 02 November 2011 (press release). Delayed from end of 2010. Contact details and opening hours not supplied.
- Carrefour Dubai Investment Park with food court planned opening date end of 2012 (press release 29 June 2011).
Carrefour product range
- Baby Care
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Car and Automotive Accessories
- Cleaning and Detergent
- Clothing and Fashion Accessories
- Computers and IT Equipment
- Do-It-Yourself products (DIY)
- Electronics and Electrical Goods
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetables and other Food Products
- Frozen Food Products
- Garden and Outdoor Furniture and Accessories
- Groceries - the usual range although not as good as in France. Some differences compared to Spinneys, Choithrams, Park n Shop, or Waitrose - fewer western products. No pork products.
- Home Appliances - fridges, washing machines, stoves / cookers, kitchen appliances etc
- Home Furniture and Accessories
- Healthcare and Pharmacy (some)
- Mobile Phones and Accessories
- Office Products
- Kitchen and Dining Ware
- Television and Audio Products
- Toys and Children's Entertainment
- Travel and Outdoor Goods
- It is often assumed that Carrefour (and other hypermarkets in the UAE) are usually the cheapest places to go shopping. That's not always the case. In general, Carrefour is probably cheaper for a trolley load of groceries than supermarkets such as Spinneys and Waitrose, but not necessarily compared to the Co-operative stores like Union Co-op and Emirates Co-op. And often there will be individual items that are priced cheaper in other locations.
- If you have the time, it is worth checking prices of larger goods such as home appliances. Sometimes there are special offers available in other locations, and occasionally, electronics retailers such as EMax, DG Sharaf, Compume, etc will have the same products for a lower price.
- For those who are really keen to do some driving, occasionally you'll find the same item priced differently in different Carrefour shops (perhaps in different emirates only).
- However, if time is of the essence, and you want to get everything at once, (except for the kitchen sink), then Carrefour is a good enough place to go.
Carrefour background and information
- GCC Country Head of Carrefour is Henry Changeux (05 September 2010 information).
Carrefour contact details
Last update Sunday 03-Nov-2013. Page development 4L 5C.
- Abu Dhabi shopping malls
- Auchan UAE - another French hypermarket
- Carrefour Express Dubai - smaller versions of Carrefour in the UAE
- Dubai supermarkets
- Dubai shopping malls
- Geant UAE - and another French hypermarket (in Ibn Battuta Mall, and eventually in other emirates)
- www.carrefouruae.com - Carrefour UAE website - details of latest special offers under the Promotions menu
- www.ic4uae.com - Carrefour online store for the UAE
- [Disabled] Submit URL.