Carrefour hypermarket stores in the UAE
Carrefour (C4?) is a large French hypermarket chain with stores around the world, including in Dubai and other emirates in the UAE. Carrefour supermarkets in the UAE are operated by the Majid Al Futtaim (MAF Group) and several are located in MAF shopping malls in the UAE. Carrefour Dubai and MAF also operate the UAE Carrefour Express stores which are smaller versions of the Carrefour hypermarkets, with more limited product ranges, and different prices.
Carrefour hypermarkets and supermarkets Dubai and UAE
Carrefour online store UAE
- Carrefour UAE launched an online store in September 2010 with more than 3,000 non-food items available (so no, you can't do your grocery shopping online).
- Free delivery for orders above AED 500, delivery charge about AED 12 for items below AED 500. Delivery by UPS.
Carrefour UAE news and updates
- Carrefour Fujairah City Center opening date 15 December 2011 (17 December 2011 press release).
- Carrefour Bawabat Al Sharq Mall in Bani Yas, Abu Dhabi new store opening announced 02 November 2011 (press release). Delayed from end of 2010. Contact details and opening hours not supplied.
- Carrefour Dubai Investment Park with food court planned opening date end of 2012 (press release 29 June 2011).
Carrefour product range
- Baby Care
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Car and Automotive Accessories
- Cleaning and Detergent
- Clothing and Fashion Accessories
- Computers and IT Equipment
- Do-It-Yourself products (DIY)
- Electronics and Electrical Goods
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetables and other Food Products
- Frozen Food Products
- Garden and Outdoor Furniture and Accessories
- Groceries - the usual range although not as good as in France. Some differences compared to Spinneys, Choithrams, Park n Shop, or Waitrose - fewer western products. No pork products.
- Home Appliances - fridges, washing machines, stoves / cookers, kitchen appliances etc
- Home Furniture and Accessories
- Healthcare and Pharmacy (some)
- Mobile Phones and Accessories
- Office Products
- Kitchen and Dining Ware
- Television and Audio Products
- Toys and Children's Entertainment
- Travel and Outdoor Goods
- It is often assumed that Carrefour (and other hypermarkets in the UAE) are usually the cheapest places to go shopping. That's not always the case. In general, Carrefour is probably cheaper for a trolley load of groceries than supermarkets such as Spinneys and Waitrose, but not necessarily compared to the Co-operative stores like Union Co-op and Emirates Co-op. And often there will be individual items that are priced cheaper in other locations.
- If you have the time, it is worth checking prices of larger goods such as home appliances. Sometimes there are special offers available in other locations, and occasionally, electronics retailers such as EMax, DG Sharaf, Compume, etc will have the same products for a lower price.
- For those who are really keen to do some driving, occasionally you'll find the same item priced differently in different Carrefour shops (perhaps in different emirates only).
- However, if time is of the essence, and you want to get everything at once, (except for the kitchen sink), then Carrefour is a good enough place to go.
Carrefour background and information
- GCC Country Head of Carrefour is
Henry Changeux (05 September 2010 information).
Carrefour contact details
Last update Sunday 29-Apr-2012. Page development 4L 5C.
Related websites (new window)
- www.carrefouruae.com - Carrefour UAE website - details of latest special offers under the Promotions menu
- www.ic4uae.com - Carrefour online store for the UAE
- Dubai directory - add your link free