Carrefour Market Dubai UAE
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Carrefour Market stores in the UAE (previously Carrefour Express)
Carrefour Market rebranding and updates
- From June 2011, Carefour Express stores in the UAE have been rebranded as Carrefour Markets.
- Carrefour Market supermarket in TECOM is open 24 hours from October 2011.
Carrefour Express background
Carrefour Express (CE, CFE, C4E?) is a chain of Carrefour community supermarkets and convenience stores smaller than the larger Dubai Carrefour hypermarkets already well established in the UAE (and many other international locations). However, calling a Carrefour Express store "small" might give an impression of a corner grocery shop which is perhaps misleading. For example the CarrefourExpress in the rebuilt Oasis Centre in Dubai is larger than many full-size supermarkets in the UAE. Carrefour Express is a subsidiary joint venture with Carrefour France and Majid Al Futtaim (MAF Group). There are also Carrefour Express stores in other locations around the world (probably local joint ventures, not MAF Group shops).
Note that although Carrefour and Carrefour Express share the same name and owners, the product lines are not exactly the same (Carrefour Express is less comprehensive, especially for non-grocery products), and prices are different (assume Carrefour Express is slightly more expensive). Also, special offers for Carrefour are not available at Carrefour Express, and vice versa.
Carrefour Express stores in Dubai and UAE
|Location||Opening Date||Size||Opening Hours||Telephone||Map||Notes|
|Ajman Carrefour Express?||2007?|
|Al Barsha TECOM||January 2010||24 hrs||+971-4-4470590||Emirates Hills 2 Tecom Building|
|Al Nahda 2?||June 2010?||Nahda Twin?|
|Al Twar, Al Tawar||December 2009||0730-2400||+971-4-2808455||Al Ghurair Bldg, Al Nahda Rd|
|Downtown Dubai||16 November 2011||Burj Views|
|Hamarain Shopping Center||March 2010?||+971-4-2545982||Deira|
|International City||+971-4-4328212||France, Building P13|
|Jumeirah 1, Al Bada'a||October 2009||0800-2400²||+971-4-3461236||Al Ghazal Mall Complex, Al Wasl Rd|
|Jumeirah 1, Al Wasl Rd||13 Sep 2014||0800-2400||Al Wasl Rd opp Emirates NBD|
|Jumeirah Lake Towers||July 2010|
|JLT Red Diamond||Oct 2011?|
|Marina Crown||May 2010?||Dubai Marina|
|Marina Silverine||April 2012||near Dubai Marina Mall|
|Oasis Centre, Al Quoz||April 2009||0900-2200¹||+971-4-3307349||Sheikh Zayed Road|
|Salahuddin, Deira||+971-4-2656230||ETA Star Building|
|TECOM||See Al Barsha|
|Times Square SZ Road||Rumour, unconfirmed|
|Wafi Center Mall||January 2009||0800-2400²||+971-4-3247225||Wafi shopping mall Umm Hurair|
Ras Al Khaimah
|Al Ittihad Road, Street||December 2009||0800-2400³||+971-6-5307356||Al Nahda Tower|
|Buheira Al Majaz 3||+971-6-5300184||Al Khan Road. Near Safeer Mall?|
Umm Al Quwain
|Umm Al Qawain||October 2011?|
Most Carrefour Express stores are open 0800-2400, 7 days. Some stores open from 0700 or 0900, some stores open until 0100 or 0200 (usually in Dubai). Sharjah stores are closed on Fridays from about 1100-1300.
- Open to 2400 (midnight) on Thursday and Friday, possibly Saturday. Or might be open 0800-2400 every day, not confirmed.
- On Fridays open 1 hour later: 0900. Wafi Center C4 Express closes 0100 Saturday morning.
- Closed for Friday prayers (about 1230-1330?).
Carrefour Express store notes
- Ajman Carrefour Express, open 2007?
- Karama Carrefour Express, Dubai, open 2007?
- Oasis Center Carrefour Express, Al Quoz, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, open April 2009
- Sharjah Carrefour Express, near Safeer Mall, open 2007? On Al Khan Road?
- Times Square Carrefour Express, Dubai, rumour - but might be confusion with Oasis Center CE
- Wafi Center Carrefour Express, open January 2009, tel +971-4-3247225
Carrefour Express contact details
- Carrefour toll-free tel (in UAE) 800-73232
Carrefour Express background and information
- Carrefour Express plans to open 50 stores in the UAE by end of 2008 - Emirates Today 02 December 2007. By the end of 2008 there might have been one or two ... or none. But one did open in Wafi Center in January 2009.
Last update Saturday 13-Sep-2014
- [Disabled] Submit URL.