List of furniture shops Dubai UAE
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Furniture stores, shops and shopping in Dubai
Below is a list of furniture shops and store locations in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and other emirates in the UAE with contact details and general information. Most people will have heard of IKEA, the Swedish chain, with self-assembly furniture packs. Other similar quality and price furniture stores include Homes R Us, the Home Center, and Pan Emirates. The One is also popular with better quality furniture and higher prices. Most of the larger furniture shops in the UAE stock home and household goods also such as bedding, kitchenware, pictures, bathroom accessories, and outdoor furniture.
Intersting furniture shops in Dubai and the UAE
- Petals for a sort of peculiar art museum in Dubai experience.
- Luckys and Pinkys in Sharjah, and Safita in Dubai for new distinctive wooden furniture that looks old.
Cheap furniture in Dubai
For bargain basement options, try Karama behind the Sana Center although the small shops there are probably not that much cheaper than some of the budget stores listed below, or look at Dubai supermarket noticeboards for furniture being sold by departing expats, or garage sales. Classified ads in newspapers (Gulf News) and websites like Dubizzle are also worth hunting through. Umm Hurair Road in Karama also has a handful of more expensive furniture shops but nothing to get too excited about.
Hypermarkets often have houseware and some smaller and/or quirky furniture items - small tables, chairs, cupboards, shoe holders etc. Dragonmart near International City is worth a look if you want to save money also, and make your home look like a one-star hotel room.
Household electrical appliances
For electrical appliances such as stoves, cookers, fridges, irons, washing machines, washers, dryers, etc, the large hypermarkets like Auchon, Carrefour, Geant, Lulus, are as good a place as any to go. Or shop for second hand items to save some money. Supermarkets in Dubai will usually stock smaller items like kitchen appliances, irons, and ironing boards.
- Better Life Dubai - part of the Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group, home appliance brands include Electrolux, Fisher & Paykel, Forbes, Siemens, Terim, Ufesa, Vestfrost, Wolf Power, Zanussi. Tel +971-4-3376804. Stores in Abu Dhabi (Al Wahda Mall, Al Raha Mall), Dubai (Mall of the Emirates, Jumeirah Beach Residence, Umm Hureir Road in Karama), Deira (Al Ittihad Road), Ras Al Khaimah (Oman Street, Al Hamra Mall).
The larger hypermarkets also stock plentiful ranges of televisions, stereos, computers, and other electrical items but also try the more specialised electronic stores such as DG Sharaf, E-Max, Compume, Virgin Megastores. Despite the belief that a hypermarket is usually cheaper, occasionally you'll find a better deal at one of the electronics stores.
Cash Converters Dubai
- Cash Converters is an Australian used goods store with a chain of branches worldwide. The first UAE branch opened in August 2012 on Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai (near Noor Islamic Bank metro station in Al Quoz 3).
- Cash Converters buys and sells mostly household furniture and white goods, but there are also sections for children's furniture, musical instruments, electronics, sports goods, outdoor furniture, jewellery.
- Customers can buy and sell used items, sell on consignment, or buy using a layby option.
- Opening times 1000-2000 Sat-Thu (closed Fri). Contact tel +971-4-3791122, website www.cashconverters.ae.
List of furniture stores and shops in Dubai UAE
- Aati Dubai - in Karama, expensive, tel +971-4-3377825. Owned/operated by the Al Tayer group, first open 1982.
- Al Huzaifa Furniture - Umm Hureir Rd Dubai (Zomorrodah Building on Zabeel Road, tel +971-4-3366646), and Al Wahda Street Sharjah (opposite Al Falah Plaza, tel +971-6-5590158). Luxury designer furniture.
- Chen One - Century Plaza on Jumeirah Beach Road (tel +971-4-3422441), Abu Dhabi Marina Mall, Ajman City Center, Sharjah City Center.
- Crate and Barrel, US furniture chain, first UAE stores opening in Mall of the Emirates and the new Mirdiff City Center Mall in 2010.
- Ethan Allen, The Dubai Mall, tel +971-4-3308871
- Exotic Grove Furniture, Al Quoz, off Sheikh Zayed Road, Vietnamese Rosewood furniture. Tel +971-4-3479664.
- Falaknaz Habitat Dubai - locations Al Quoz (tel +971-4-3404996) and Jumeirah Plaza (tel +971-4-3447456).
- Falaknaz The Warehouse - sturdy looking tropical hardwood outdoor furniture. Jumeirah Plaza tel +971-4-3440244 and Al Quoz tel +971-4-3470220.
- Habitat Dubai - see Falaknaz Habitat
- Homes R Us - several stores throughout the UAE, budget prices
- Home Centre - several stores throughout the UAE, budget prices
- Home Design - a department store for furnishing brands including Cape Couch Company, Indigo Living, and Philipp Selva Home. Mall of the Emirates, tel +971-4-3233370
- House of Zunn - Unit 23, Block F, in Al Quoz Industrial Area 3, between Mall of the Emirates and Times Square. Tel +971-4-3232455, email email@example.com, website www.zunndesigns.com.
- ID Design - Scandinavian furniture, looks like IKEA but costs more, Al Ittihad Road (Dubai Sharjah Highway), tel +971-4-2666751, also at Mall of the Emirates in Dubai, and Al Wahda Mall in Abu Dhabi. New store at Mirdiff City Center mall with official opening date 31 August 2010.
- IKEA UAE - large stores in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, budget prices, self-assembly required
- Index Living Mall - Dubai Mall, similar to IKEA, Thailand furniture chain but furniture is Western style.
- Iwannagohome! - Singapore based furniture shop, The Dubai Mall, +971-4-3398952
- KA International, Dubai Marina (Marina View Towers), tel +971-4-4226734.
- Luckys - see Sharjah furniture shops heading below.
- Marina Exotic Furniture, in Dubai Festival City, Mall of the Emirates (tel +971-4-3410314), and Souk Madinat Jumeirah
- Marina Furniture, Umm Suqiem Street, Al Barsha
- Mark Wilkinson Furniture, Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Quoz, tel +971-4-3388540. UK designer furniture with international branches. UAE website www.mwf.ae the same as www.mwf.com
- Marlin Furniture - more expensive
- Molteni & C Dada - Italian furniture, first store in the Middle East launched with FINASI Dubai in October 2008, showroom on Al Ittihad Road in Deira, between Dubai and Sharjah. International designers and brands include Arik Levy, Banco, Citterio, Dante Bonuccelli, Ferruccio Laviani, Foster+Partners, Hannes Wettstein, Hi-Line, Jean Nouvel, Luca Meda, Patricia Urquiola, Rodolfo Dordoni, Tivalì, Unifor. Tel +971-4-2971777.
- Natuzzi, Al Qouz Dubai, tel +971-4-3380777
- Options Furniture Centre, Zabeel Road, Oud Metha, tel +971-4-3355344. Unknown.
- Pan Emirates - large showroom near Mall of the Emirates in Dubai, cheaper than other budget furniture stores (and quality to match). Several other stores in the UAE.
- Petals - quirky furniture and household goods shops in Dubai. Visit one just to have a look, it's as good as (or better than) visiting one of the art galleries or museums in Dubai.
- Pinkys - see Sharjah furniture shops heading below.
- Purity, Italian furniture, home accessories and lighting, open November 2009, brands include Artemide, Living Divani, Paola C, Paola Lenti, Porro, on Umm Hurair Road, Oud Metha, +971-4-3349943
- Roche-Bobois - contemporary French furniture, home furnishings & accessories with three distinctive collections - Les Contemporains, Voyages and Provinciales. Brands and designers include Cedric Ragot, Hans Hopfer, Kenzo Maison, Missoni Home Fabrics, Paola Navone, René Bouchara, Sacha Lakic, and more. Location Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha 1, next to Al Barsha Metro Station, new 17,000 sq ft flagship showroom open (26 January 2010 press release), previously on Zabeel Road. PO Box 286, Dubai, UAE. Tel +971-4-3990393, (tel +971-4-3366172 seen in UAE yellow pages and other sources might be for old showroom), email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, website www.roche-bobois.com (www.roche-bobois.ae reserved but not used, www.roche-babois.ae unknown).
- Safita Trading Est. Located in Al Quoz off Sheikh Zayed Rd, between the Oasis Centre and Interchange 2 (Safa Park), behind the Pepsi Cola factory (Dubai Refreshments LLC). Similar to Lucky's and Pinky's in Sharjah, sells nice looking wooden furniture from India to expat residents with money to burn. Website safitafurniture.com (not available?), email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +971-4-3393230.
- Storia Moderna, Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Quoz 1, tel +971-4-3381131.
- The One Dubai - moderately priced furniture, a step up from IKEA but not quite in the expensive designer brand category, main store on Jumeirah Beach Road next to Jumeirah Mosque, also in BurJaman Center, Dubai Outlet Mall (factory outlet), Mall of the Emirates, Wafi Mall, Khalidiya Road (Abu Dhabi), Sahara Mall (Sharjah). Tel +971-4-3456687 (Jumeira store).
- Under One Roof, Al Quoz 3, behind Dubai Garden Center, tel +971-4-3232722. More for home renovation (kitchens, bathrooms, cupboards) than furniture.
- United Furniture - established in 1975, first showroom on Zabeel Road in Karama, tel +971-4-3370131. Opening of new 20,000 sq ft shop announced 12 October 2009, located on Sheikh Zayed Road (between the Toyota showroom and Oasis Center), telephone +971-4-3389690. Website www.unitedfurnitureco.com. Third showroom opened in Sharjah, see below.
Furniture shops in Sharjah
- Lucky's - Indian furniture (wood) in the back streets of Sharjah. Overpriced compared to what you'd pay for it in India but popular with expats all the same. Tel +971-6-5341937.
- Pinky's - another Indian furniture store in the Sharjah suburbs, same principle as Lucky's. Tel +971-6-5341714.
- United Furniture - 15,000 sq ft showroom on Al Qassimiyah Street, opening announced 20 August 2011 (press release), phone +971-6-5663777.
Household supplies and home furnishings
- @home - South African homeware, The Dubai Mall in Dubai, tel +971-4-4340877, and Al Wahda Mall (Al Wadha Mall) in Abu Dhabi, tel +971-2-4437185
- Ace Hardware - hardware and outdoor furniture, flagship store in Dubai Festival City, also Sheikh Zayed Road (Al Quoz), Burjuman Center (Bur Dubai), The Market Mall (Green Community Dubai), Al Qasimia Road (Sharjah), Mina Road (Abu Dhabi)
- Bagno, a subsidiary of Sanipex Group, bathrooms and bathroom fittings. Brands include Bati Bali, Bossini, Fantini, Zucchetti. Location on Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Quoz 1, tel +971-4-3307770
- BoConcept - international chain of stores selling homeware and furniture, and paint-your-own coffee cups. Located in Mall of the Emirates, tel +971-4-3414144. Head office in Denmark. Website www.boconcept.ae. Affiliated with The One Dubai?
- Laura Ashley, Mercato Mall, tel +971-4-3449238
- OK Furniture Dubai - tables and chairs. Website www.chaircentre.com. Store locations in Abu Dhabi (tel +971-2-6784553), Dubai (Deira - tel +971-4-2970110, and Oud Metha - tel +971-4-3352204), and Sharjah Head Office (tel +971-6-5333989).
- Palmonade, kitchens and kitchenware, brands include Ernestomeda, Gaggenau, Miele, Sub Zero, Valcucine. Located on Jumeira Beach Road, Jumeirah, tel +971-4-8817000
- Parasol Garden Furniture and Kitchens, Al Barsha, Umm Suqeim Road or Sheikh Zayed Road? Tel +971-4-3479003
- The White Company - household linen and bedding, Abu Dhabi Mall, tel +971-2-6815560
- Versace Home, The Dubai Mall, tel +971-4-3308697
- Zara Home, Mall of the Emirates, tel +971-4-3414184
Other furniture related shops, websites, miscellaneous
- Dubai Furniture Centre (DFC?) - doesn't make sense. Website www.dubaifurniturepacks.co.uk has no obvious contact details or location information for Dubai. Looks more like it's designed just to collect personal information (for what purpose is unknown - we were too scared to give them our details).
- Furniture Dubai - looks like the same idea as DFC. Website www.furniture-dubai.co.uk has a few furniture pictures and a contact page for all your personal information but no contact number or location information for the company.
Last update Sunday 13-Oct-2013
- [Disabled] Submit URL.