Home Center in the UAE
Home Center in Dubai is a chain of furniture shops, well known for a good selection of reasonable furniture
at good prices. If you want high-end designer furniture, the Home Center
is not the place to go. Think of it as similar to IKEA in Dubai but assembly
not required, and a showroom that looks less like a warehouse and more
like a furniture shop. Prices are similar to IKEA, so is quality. Larger
items are delivered and assembled for you.
Home Center Furniture stores in UAE
|Dalma Mall Mussafah / Mussaffah
||Open March 2010?
||Open December 2007
|Al Jimi Mall
|Mall of the Emirates (MOE, MOTE)
|Mercato Mall Jumeirah
||Closed (in 2007?)
|Mirdiff City Centre
|Oasis Centre Al Quoz
||Open March 2009
|Reef Mall, Deira
|Dana Plaza, Al Madhab
|Opposite Manar Mall
||Ras Al Khaimah
||Open March 2006
|Al Qasamia Rd
||Open December 2007
Home Center furniture shops also in
- Bahrain - Manama Marina Mall
- India (Home Centre and/or Lifestyle) - Bangalore, Chennai (2 stores), Haryana (2 stores), Hyderabad, Mumbai (3 stores), New Delhi, Noida, Pune
- Jordan - Mecca Mall
- Kuwait - Al Rai, Awqaf, Fahaheel, Shuwaikh Industrial Area
- Oman - Al Khuwair, Muscat City Center, Sohar
- Qatar - Al Asmakh Mall, Doha City Center, HBK Towers
- Saudi Arabia - Abha, Al Khobar (2 stores), Bawadi, Corniche, Dome(?), Hofuf, Jeddah (2 stores), Makkah, Medina, Riyadh (5 stores), Tabuk
Home Center expansion plans 2011
- The Home Centre has 71 stores in the MENA region (Middle East and North Africa) (MENA) and the Indian subcontinent, including 12 shops in the UAE as of 16 March 2011. Total retail area is about 2.9 million sq ft.
- They have plans to open another 17 stores internationally by the end of 2011 with retail area of about 400,000 sq feet.
- Information about new locations not supplied (16 March 2011 press release).
Home Centre information
- Home Centre is part of the Landmark Group.
- Flagship Home
Center store is at Mall of the Emirates.
- First store in Al Qasimiya Street, Sharjah? First store in 1995.
- Home Centre stores in the UAE in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai, Fujairah,
Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah.
- As of September 2007 HC have 500,000 sq ft of
retail space with plans to increase it by 50% to 750,000 sq ft by
2010 with more shops in the UAE.
- HC have 2 million sq ft of retail space in 50 stores in the
GCC, India, Jordan (as of 2009?)
- Homecentre voted a UAE 'Superbrand' for 2010 (announced January 2010).
Home Center Sharjah - Sahara Mall
- Opening announced 20 September 2007 (press release)
- 10th store in the UAE, 2nd in Sharjah, total of 50 stores in the GCC region
- Area of
65,000 sq ft
Home Centre Liwa Centre Abu Dhabi
- Opening announced 23 December 2007 (press
release). Second store in Abu Dhabi.
- The new Liwa Center Home Center
store is the 10th in the UAE. Again? September 2007 said the Sharjah store was the 10th in the UAE.
- Store area 60,000 sq feet on 3 floors.
Home Center Ras Al Khaimah
- Location is opposite Manar Mall in the Al Nakheel area
- First open 18 March 2006 (press release dated 29 March 2006), the 8th Home Center store in the UAE.
- Area of 35,000 sq feet.
Home Center products
- Bathroom accessories
- Bedroom - beds, wardrobes, bedside lockers, lamps, dressers, drawer units
- Bedroom linen - pillows, pillowcases, sheets
- Dining room - chairs, tables, table linen
- Duvets and duvet covers
- Garden furniture - tables, chairs, gazebos
- Ironing boards
- Kitchen and dining room - cutlery, pots and pans, plates and bowls
- Lamps and lighting - bedside, ceiling, floor, table
- Laundry items
- Living rooms and lounge - sofas and sofa beds, coffee tables, wall units, TV tables
- Office - computer tables, desks, office chairs, filing cabinets
- Picture frames and photo frames
- Rugs and mats
- Storage containers - for bedroom, kitchen, laundry, rubbish bins, trash containers, etc
- Toys for children
- Wardrobes and accessories (clothes hangers etc)
Home Centre personnel (16 March 2011 press release)
- CEO - Jonathan Jagtiani
- Head of Strategic Planning and Design - Aarti Jagtiani
Home Center contact details
- Home Centre International LLC
- Head Office, Plot No. 599-419, Jebel Ali Industrial Area
- Postal address: PO Box 54052, Dubai, UAE
- Tel +971-4-8095000 or 8095100, fax +971-4-8095050 or 8095151, email firstname.lastname@example.org