Friday 15 November 2019 (UAE)
List of UAE federal government ministries and ministers
UAE federal government ministries and departments, and ministers
The UAE system of government consists of several federal authorities:
- Office of the President and Vice President - the President is the head of the Supreme Council, and appoints the Prime Minister and members of the Cabinet.
- Federal Supreme Council - consists of the rulers of each emirate and is the highest constitutional, legislative, end executive authority in the United Arab Emirates.
- Federal Cabinet, or Council of Ministers - is the executive authority for the federation of the UAE, manages all internal and foreign affairs under the UAE constitution and UAE federal laws. Headed by the UAE Prime Minister.
- Ministerial Council for Services - established in 2006, serves the UAE Cabinet as an executive council.
- Federal National Council (FNC) - a legislative and supervisory body, half the members are elected by an electoral college whose members are chosen by the rulers of each emirate, the other half are chosen by the rulers of each emirate.
- Federal Judicial Authority, or Federal Judiciary - includes the Supreme Court and the Courts of First Instance. Constitutionally independent.
UAE government top administration and leaders
|President of the UAE||H.H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan||03 Nov 2004 - present|
|President of the UAE (died on 02 November 2004)||H.H. Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan||02 Dec 1971-02 Nov 2004|
|Vice President of the UAE||H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum||√|
|Prime Minister of the UAE||H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum||√|
|Deputy Prime Minister of the UAE||H.H. Sheikh Mansoor Bin Zayed Al Nahyan||√|
|Deputy Prime Minister of the UAE||H.H. Lt General Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan||√|
|President of the UAE Ministerial Council for Services||H.H. Sheikh Mansoor Bin Zayed Al Nahyan||√||√|
|President of the UAE Ministerial Council for Services||H.E. Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Gergawi||√|
|Secretary General of Cabinet - Coordinator of Ministerial Council for Services||H.E. Najla Mohammed Al Awar||√|
- H.H. - His Highness, or Her Highness
- H.E. - His Excellency, or Her Excellency
- C - Member of the UAE Cabinet
- M - Member of the UAE Ministerial Council for Services
List of UAE federal government ministries, departments, and ministers
- The difference between a "Ministry" and a "Department" depends on who you listen to, where you are, what you read, what language you speak, etc. A simple definition can be misleading but as a starting point, consider a "Ministry" to be headed by a cabinet minister, and a "Department" as either a Ministry or another government division without a cabinet member as the head, but it comes under the authority of another ministry. For example:
- traffic departments are not ministries - there is no Minister of Traffic, although traffic departments have a boss.
- the transport department is the same as Ministry of Transport.
- labour departments are the same as the labour ministries.
- a police department is not the Ministry of Police.
- Other terms used for ministries and departments in different countries include: Agency, Bureau, Directorate-General, Office, People's Commissariat, Secretariat,
- Department heads might be called: Commissioner, Director-General, Minister, Secretary.
|UAE Federal Ministry||Website||Telephone
|Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheriesemail@example.com||+971-2-6662781||+971-4-2958161||H.E. Saeed Mohammed Al Raqbani|
|Ministry of Cabinet Affairsfirstname.lastname@example.org||+971-2-6811113||+971-4-3967555||H.E. Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Qarqawi||√||√|
|Ministry of Communications||+971-2-6651900||+971-4-2953330||H.E. Ahmed Humaid Al Tayer|
|Ministry of Culture Youth & Community Developmentemail@example.com||+971-2-4453000||H.E. AbdulRahman Mohammed Al Oweis||√||√|
|Ministry of Defense||www.mod.gov.ae||+971-2-4461300||+971-4-3532330||H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum||√|
|Ministry of Economyfirstname.lastname@example.org||+971-2-6265000||+971-4-2954000||H.E. Sultan bin Saeed Al Mansouri||√||√|
|Ministry of Economy & Commerceemail@example.com||+971-2-6265000||+971-4-2954000||H.E. Sheikh Fahim Bin Sultan Al Qasimi|
|Ministry of Education||www.moe.gov.ae||+971-2-4089999||+971-4-2176666||H.E. Humaid Mohammed Obaid Al Qatami||√||√|
|Ministry of Education & Youth||www.education.gov.ae||+971-2-6213800||+971-4-2994100||Dr. Abdul Aziz Sharhan|
|Ministry of Electricity & Water||+971-2-6274222||+971-4-2626262||Humaid Bin Nasir Al Owais|
|Ministry of Energyfirstname.lastname@example.org||+971-2-6671999||H.E. Mohammed Bin Dhaen Al Hamli1||√|
|Ministry of Environment and Wateremail@example.com||+971-2-4495100||H.E. Dr. Rashid Ahmed bin Fahd||√||√|
|Ministry of Financefirstname.lastname@example.org||+971-2-6726000||+971-4-3939000||H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum||√|
|Ministry of Finance & Industry||www.fedfin.gov.ae||www.government.ae||+971-2-6726000||+971-4-3939000||H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum|
|Ministry of Foreign Affairsemail@example.com||+971-2-4444488||+971-4-2221144||H.H. Sheikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan||√|
|Ministry for Foreign Affairsfirstname.lastname@example.org||+971-2-6652200||+971-4-2221144||H.E. Rashid Abdullah Al Nuaimi|
|Ministry of Foreign Trade||www.moft.gov.ae||H.E. Sheikha Lubna Bint Khalid Al Qasimi||√|
|Ministry of Healthemail@example.com||+971-2-6334716||+971-4-3966000||H.E. Dr. Hanif Hasan Ali||√||√|
|Ministry of Healthfirstname.lastname@example.org||+971-2-6330000||+971-4-3966000||H.E. Hamad Abdul Rahman Al Madfa|
|Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Researchemail@example.com||+971-2-6428000||H.E. Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan||√|
|Ministry of Information & Culturefirstname.lastname@example.org||+971-2-4453000||+971-4-2615500||H.H. Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan|
|Ministry of Interior||www.moi.gov.ae||+971-2-4414666||+971-4-3980000||H.E. Lt General Sheikh Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahyan||√|
|Ministry of Interior||+971-2-4414666||+971-4-3980000||Lt Gen Dr. Mohammed Saeed Al Badi|
|Ministry of Justice||ejustice.gov.ae||+971-2-6814000||+971-4-2825999||H.E. Dr. Hadef Jawa'an Al Dhaheri||√||√|
|Ministry of Justice, Islamic Affairs and Awqaf||+971-2-6814000||+971-4-2825999||Mohammed Jumaa Nukhaira Al Dhahiri|
|See also UAE country guide|
|Ministry of Labour||www.mol.gov.ae||+971-2-6671700||+971-4-2691666||H.E. Saqr Ghobash Saeed Ghobash||√||√|
|Ministry of Labor & Social Affairs||+971-2-6671700||+971-4-2691666||H.E. Mattar Humaid Al Tayer|
|Ministry of Petroleum & Mineral Resourcesemail@example.com||+971-2-6651810||H.E. Obeid bin Saif Al Nassiri|
|Ministry of Planningfirstname.lastname@example.org||+971-2-6271100||+971-4-3531060||Sheikh Humaid bin Ahmed Al Mu'alla|
|Ministry of Presidential Affairs||www.mopa.ae||+971-2-6222221||H.H. Sheikh Mansoor Bin Zayed Al Nahyan||√|
|Ministry of Public Worksemail@example.com||+971-2-6651778||+971-4-2693900||H.E. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan||√||√|
|Ministry of Public Works & Housingfirstname.lastname@example.org||+971-2-6651778||+971-4-2693900||Rakad bin Salem Al Rakad|
|Ministry of Social Affairsemail@example.com||+971-2-6322500||H.E. Maryam Mohammed Khalfan Al Roumi||√||√|
|Other UAE Government Ministers|
|Minister of State||H.E. Dr. Maitha' Salem Al Shamsi||√|
|Minister of State||H.E. Reem Ibraheem Al Hashemi||√|
|Ministry of State for Cabinet Affairsfirstname.lastname@example.org||+971-2-6811113||+971-4-3967555||H.E. Saeed Khalfan Al Ghaith|
|Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs||www.mfnca.gov.ae||H.E. Dr. Anwar Mohammed Gargash||√||√|
|Minister of State for Financial Affairs||H.E. Obaid Humaid Al Tayer||√||√|
|Minister of State for Financial & Industrial Affairs||Dr. Mohammed Khalfan bin Kharbash|
|Minister of State for Foreign Affairs||H.E. Dr. Anwar Mohammed Gargash||√|
|Minister of State for Foreign Affairs||H.E. Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Gargawi|
|Ministry of State for Foreign Affairsemail@example.com||+971-2-6652200||+971-4-2221144||H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Zayed Al Nahayan|
|Ministry of State for Supreme Council Affairs||+971-2-6323900||H.E. Sheikh Majid Bin Saeed Al Nuaimi|
- UAE Minister of Oil is Mohammed Al Hamli (same as Ministry of Energy?).
- External website links open in a new window.
- Most UAE Government websites are in Arabic and English.
- Information in grey and/or italics is to be updated, or refers to old information (usually prior to new cabinet in 2006). Mostly based on data from www.government.ae.
References to ministry or non-ministry departments in the UAE
- Department of Economic Development
- Department of Finance
- Department of Foreign Affairs - reference to UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA or MFA).
- Department of Health UAE - might be reference to UAE Ministry of Health, or to health departments in each emirate, for example the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) and Health Authority Abu Dhabi (HAAD).
- Department of Labor (Labour) - see UAE Ministry of Labor. Labour departments in each emirate come under the MOL authority.
- Department of Immigration - see individual immigration departments in each emirate of the UAE.
- Department of Presidential Affairs, or Office of the President. See Ministry of Presidential Affairs (MOPA or MPA). Not the same as the President's Office or Presidential Dewan (describing a building location rather than a political organisation)?
- Department of Transport (DOT) - DOT in Abu Dhabi, RTA in Dubai.
- Dubai Police Traffic Department UAE (?)
- Drug Control Department
- Economic Department
- Federal Transport Authority (FTA) - Land & Maritime, website www.fta.gov.ae.
- Immigration Department - see the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs in each emirate.
- Insurance Authority (IA), website ww.ia.gov.ae.
- Labour Department - see UAE Ministry of Labour.
- Metereological Department
- Public Works Department - reference to the UAE Ministry of Public Works.
- State Security Department
- Traffic Department
UAE ministry jobs and careers
Arab names in the UAE
Many names are written in several different ways, for example
- Abdulaziz - Abdul Aziz
- Abdulrahman - Abdul Rahman
- Ahmed - Ahmad
- Bin - Ibn (but that's rare in the UAE)
- Gergawi - Gargawi, Qerqawi, Qarqawi
- Dhaheri - Daheri
- Fahed - Fahd, Fahed
- Hasan - Hassan
- Ghobash - Ighbash (H.E. Saqr Ighbash Saeed Ighbash)?
- Jawa'an - Jua'an
- Jumaa - Juma
- Majid - Majed
- Mansoor - Mansour
- Maktoum - Maktoom, Maktum
- Mattar - Matar
- Mohammed - Mohammad, Mohamed, Mohamad, Moh'd, (Muhammad, Muhammed, Muhamad, Muhamed - less common in UAE)
- Mu'alla - Mualla, Muallah, Mu'allah
- Nasser - Naser, Nasir
- Nahyan - Nahayan
- Najla - Najlah
- Obaid - Obeid
- Owais - Oweis
- Qarqash - Gargash, Ghargash
- Qasimi - Qassimi
- Qatami - Katami, Khatami, Qattami
- Rashed - Rashid
- Saeed - Saed, Sayed, Sayeed, Sa'id
- Sheikh (male) - Shaikh, Sheik, Shaik (can be a name or a title), Shaykh
- Sheikha (female) - Shaikha, Sheikha, Shaikha, Sheika, Shaika, Sheika, Shaikah, Sheikah, Shaikah, Sheikah, Shaikah (can be a name or a title)
Last update Friday 22-Jan-2016. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- Church ministries in UAE - list of places of worship for non-Islamic religions in the UAE.
- Abu Dhabi Government
- Ajman Government
- Dubai Government
- Fujairah Government
- Ras Al Khaimah Government
- Sharjah Government
- Umm Al Quwain Government
- www.economy.gov.ae - Ministry of Economy website? Not available (last checked 22 May 2010)
- www.elaws.gov.ae - UAE laws published online from the Ministry of Justice (eventually ... maybe)
- www.fedfin.gov.ae - Ministry of Finance website? Not available (checked 22 May 2010)
- www.government.ae - official UAE government website with information for citizens, resident expats, and visitors (seems to be a bit out of date though).
- www.mopw.gov.ae - UAE Ministry of Public Works website, portal to other federal ministry websites
- www.uae.gov.ae - UAE Government website? Not available (checked 22 May 2010)
- www.uaecabinet.gov.ae - UAE Cabinet, and Ministry of Cabinet Affairs official website with list of UAE government ministers
- www.uaepm.ae - official website of the UAE Primeminister
- www.uaepresident.ae - official website of the UAE President
- [Disabled] Submit URL.