UAE Ministry of Education (MOE)
Ministry of Education (MOE) in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
UAE Ministry of Education (MOE) information and profile
- Total of 474 private schools in the UAE, with about 500,000 students as of September 2010.
- Ministry of Education established in 1971.
UAE MOE school accreditation
- The UAE Ministry of Education started an accreditation process in October 2009 to bring public and private schools in the UAE up to international standards.
- The accreditation criteria have been developed by the UAE MOE in collaboration with the Centre for British Teachers Education Trust (CfBT).
- The process first started at 71 schools in the UAE in October 2009, of which 65 were accredited in January 2010?
- Another 40 schools in the Northern Emirates will be examined from October 2010, in Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain and Fujairah, according to Shaikha Al Shamsi, Director of the Licensure and Accreditation Department at the MOE (Khaleej Times report 19 May 2010).
- Accredition of all schools in the Northern Emirates is expected to be complete by 2017.
Minister of Education
- His Excellency Humaid Mohammed Al Qatami (in May 2010? Date of appointment unknown)
- His Excellency Dr Hanif Hassan Ali (or Dr Hanif Hasan) - is now UAE Minister of Health (May 2010)?
- UAE govenment website (www.government.ae) lists Dr Hanif Hassan Ali as Education Minister, and Dr. Jamal Al Mehairi as undersecretary (might be 2006 information), last checked May 2010.
- UAE Cabinet website (www.uaecabinet.gov.ae) lists H.E. Humaid Mohammed Obaid Al Qatami as Education Minister, and H.E. Dr. Hanif Hasan Ali as Health Minister (checked May 2010)
Ministry of Education UAE organisational structure
- 14 September 2010 - the new UAE MOE organisational structure was approved by Sheikh Mohammed, Ruler of Dubai, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE (WAM report).
- The Minister of Education, Humaid Mohammad Obaid Al Qutami, said "The new organisational structure of the Ministry of Education gives up no powers to the Abu Dhabi Educational Council or the Knowledge and Human Development Authority in Dubai," (Gulf News report 15 September 2010).
- The new structure defines the tasks and functions of the:
- Director-General of the Ministry of Education
- Office of the Director-General
- Department of Organisational Excellence
- Office of Organisations and International Educational Relations
- Governmental Communication Department and School Districts
- Executive directors responsible for development and implementation of policies, standards and plans
Ministry of Education UAE tel contact details
|General enquiries||800-51115||toll-free in UAE, email email@example.com?|
|Ministry of Education of UAE in Abu Dhabi||Abu Dhabi||+971-2-4089999|
|Ministry of Education of UAE in Dubai||Dubai||+971-4-2176666|
UAE MOE call center hotline for parents tel toll-free in UAE 800-51115, in Arabic and English. For students, parents, and teachers to make enquiries and complaints about schools in the UAE. Announced 01 Apr 2011. Also, for Abu Dhabi schools call ADEC, and for Dubai schools call the KHDA.
See also contact details for individual education zones in UAE.
Contact details from UAE government website (might be out of date or changed)
- Abu Dhabi MOE Office: PO Box 295, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Tel +971-2-6213800, fax +971-2-6351164? Telephone is also for Roma Trading & Tailoring Establishment in Al Rowais (Ruwais), or Al Tawakkal Trading Establishment according to May 2010 ADCCI information.
- Dubai MOE Office: PO Box 3962, tel +971-4-2633333, +971-4-2176899, fax +971-4-2638194
Other UAE MOE contact details (unknown if still valid)
- [Error or invalid] Abu Dhabi office tel +971-2-62138000 (too many digits) (UAE Interact), try +971-2-6213800.
- Dubai office tel +971-4-2994100 (UAE Interact).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (MOE Call Center), email@example.com (Facebook, Twitter, etc).
- Official FB page at facebook.com/MinistryOfEducationUAE (mostly in Arabic).
- Official Twitter account at twitter.com/moeducationuae (in Arabic).
Last update Wednesday 11-Mar-2015. Page development 5C.
- Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) - Abu Dhabi education authority.
- Government ministries UAE - list of ministers and departments.
- Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) - Dubai education authority.
- Mall of the Emirates - another MOE, rather than MOTE, but pretty much unrelated to anything the Ministry MOE does.
- Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research - tertiary level education authority.
- Ministry of Labour
- School fees in Dubai - regulated by the KHDA, or MOE, or both.
- UAE college directory
- UAE education authorities - list of education zones and websites for each emirate in the UAE.
- UAE education system - guide for students, parents, and teachers.
- UAE schools directory
- UAE university directory
- www.moe.gov.ae - UAE Ministry of Education official website, has a UAE school finder link on the home page but didn't seem to work when we tried. News seems to be more up to date than on moeya.ae but very few schools found in the school directory list (May 2010).
- www.moeya.ae - Ministry of Education UAE, another website, lists public and private schools but often with unusual spellings, and very little information. Some education related news but not very up to date - newspapers will be a better source. Arabic and English.