Public Parks in Abu Dhabi
- List of Public Parks in Abu Dhabi with information and guide about facilities, opening times - days - hours, which day is ladies day, BBQ areas, children's play areas, and more.
- Parks are operated by the Abu Dhabi Municipality (ADM), or Municipality of Abu Dhabi City
- Entry fees
- BBQ areas
- Cooking of pork items is not permitted.
- Drinking alcohol in Abu Dhabi public parks is not permitted, restaurants and cafes in public parks do not sell alcohol.
- Opening times
- Public parks in Abu Dhabi are generally safe to walk around in, even late at night.
- Total of 48 parks and 36 children's playgrounds in Abu Dhabi as of 04 Mar 2014. Expansion plans to increase the number of parks and play areas to a total of 130 by 2017. By Q1 2015 ADM plans to have built or be building 15 new parks and sports areas, including in Al Adla City, Khalifa City, Mohammed bin Zayed City (MBZ City), Shakhbout City, Shamkha City (ADM announcement, press release).
List of Abu Dhabi city public parks
Along the downtown Abu Dhabi Corniche are a number of parks and beaches, you can't walk far without seeing a tree or two.
- Al Assema Park - popular
- Al Khalidiyah Park - see Khalidiya Park
- Al Mushrif Children's Garden - amusement and theme park rides for kids. Ladies and children only, no photography. Opening times 1500-2200 daily (1500 to 2130 on Fridays), 0900-1200 and 1500-2200 on public holidays. Located in Al Mushrif district near the National Theatre and Abu Dhabi Choueifat School.
- Al Nadi Al Siyahi Park - popular
- Al Nahayan Gardens - children's park?
- Al Shahama Park
- Bain Al Jisrain Park
- Bani Yas Park - popular
- Capital Garden - on Khalifa St. in downtown Abu Dhabi. Area 5.6 ha, opened 1976, opening times 24 hrs.
- Corniche Park - downtown Abu Dhabi along the corniche with beaches. Area 50 ha, length 5km, bicycle rental available.
- Khalidiya Park - popular. Wifi internet service launched Mar 2014?
- Khalidiya Children's Park
- Khalidiya Garden?
- Khalifa Park - one of the busiest (or the busiest) park in Abu Dhabi, over 100k visitors in 2013. See more info below.
- New Airport Park
- Old Airport Garden?
- Sheikh Khalifa Park - see Khalifa Park.
Khalifa Park (Sheikh Khalifa Park)
- Six Continents (open 12 Dec 2013 to 31 Mar 2014) - sort of like Global International Village in Dubai, country pavilions selling local products (sort of), amusement park with fairground rides, food stand and restaurants, events and entertainment. Countries or regions represented include Africa, China, Egypt, Indian, Lebanon, Pakistan, Syria, Turkey, UAE, Yemen. Shows include Latino Circo (Latin Circus), heritage and cultural events, fireworks display every night. Opening times 1600-2300 or 1500-2200 (both times supplied) weekdays, 1500-2400 weekends. Entry fee AED 10. Website www.sixcontinents.ae.
- Closed from beginning of Oct 2013 to mid Nov 2013 for maintenance, but the children's Murjan water park will remain open.
- Location Eastern Ring Road near Sheikh Zayed Bridge and Al Maqta Bridge. Area 45 hectares, first opened in 2007.
- Murjan Splash Park for children up to age 12 years old.
- Abu Dhabi Maritime Heritage Museum.
- Wifi internet service launched Mar 2014?
List of parks in Al Ain city
New parks in Al Samha district (08 Mar 2014)
- Two new parks announced by the Abu Dhabi Municipality for eastern Al Samha area. Total area 16,000 sq meters.
- Construction by Emirates Aluminium (Emal).
New public parks in Al Shamkha, Al Adlah (WAM, 18 Aug 2013)
- Five new parks planned by the Abu Dhabi City Municipality, with total area 60,000 sq meters.
- Four public parks in Al Shamkha, and one in Al Adlah. Each park has area from 7,600 to 14,000 sq m.
- Facilities and activities to include mini-football fields, multi-purpose playground areas, playing areas for children, fitness and exercise equipment, fountains, shaded hikes and walking areas, shaded BBQ grilling areas, open recreation areas and public squares, facilities for special needs children and adults.
- Construction start date in September 2013, completion planned for end September 2014.
- Details of locations, maps, facilities, names, sizes, construction schedule, for individual parks not supplied.
New public parks in Khalifa City A, Abu Dhabi - September 2012
- Three new parks to be constructed in Khalifa City A (Abu Dhabi Municipality announcement). Facilities will include paved walkways, night lighting, covered playgrounds, climbing walls, splash park, football field, basketball courts, dining tables, barbecue areas.
- Opening date and exact locations not supplied.
New public parks in Abu Dhabi - March 2012
- Five new parks opened in Abu Dhabi City by the Abu Dhabi Municipality as part of the District Parks Project launched in 2010
- Construction cost of the new parks was AED 21 million.
- Park locations, area, and other information:
- Al Bateen West 16 at intersection of Al Falah and Sultan Bin Zayed Streets. Area 4,570 square meters.
- Al Zaab West 1/17 at intersection of Khalifa Bin Shakhbout and Al Falah Streets. Area 3,630 square meters.
- Al Rawdah West 14/1 near the Women's Health Medical Center between Al Karama Street, Street 26, and Hazaa bin Zayed and Delma Streets. Area 1,750 square meters.
- Al Karama West 24/1. Area 3,010 sq meters. Facilities include children's playground, shaded sitting areas, activity areas.
- Al Mushriff West 46/1 near the Women's Association building. Area 25,613 square meters according to the press release, but maybe they meant about 2,500 sq m?
Last update Monday 10-Mar-2014. Page development 4L 5C.