Public Parks in Sharjah
- List of Public Parks in Sharjah, and other parks, with information about facilities, opening hours and days, ladies days, BBQ areas, playgrounds for children.
- Public Parks are operated by the Sharjah Municipality.
- Entry fees
- BBQ areas
- Cooking of pork items is not permitted.
- Drinking alcohol in Sharjah is not permitted almost anywhere, which includes public parks. Restaurants and cafes in Sharjah parks, or anywhere else in Sharjah, do not sell alcohol.
- Opening times
- Public parks in Sharjah are generally safe to walk around in, even late at night.
Al Montazah Park, previously called Al Jazeera Park (Al Jazeera Island Park)
- Al Jazeera Park closed for redevelopment in 2012-2013. Re-opening February 2014 ... delayed to 13 Mar 2014. Renamed as Al Montazah Park (Al Montaza Park).
- New construction by the Sharjah Investment and Development Authority (Shurooq), project value AED 100 million, area 126,000 sq meters. Includes (22 Jan 2014 press release):
- Amusement WhiteWater developed water park, area 26,000 sq meters with water slides, lazy river, swimming pools, diving tower.
- Green Park with cafes, boating lake, entertainment and event venue, mosque, picnic areas, restaurants. Area 50,000 sq m.
- Leisure park with amusement arcades and video games, bouncy castle, bumper cars, fun fair, go-kart racing track, mini football fields, trampolines. Area 50,000 sq m.
- Other services include ATMs, medical clinic, car park.
- Park mascots are cartoon characters Liblib (parrot), Meymun (monkey), Mahir (frog), Shahad (bee).
- Opening hours for Al Montazah Park are Sat-Wed 1000-2300, Thu-Fri 1000-0100 next morning. Water park opening times 1000-1800 daily.
- Ticket prices for park entry AED 10 per person, free for children under 80cm height. Additional ticket costs for some games AED 10-25.
- Ticket prices for waterpark entry AED 120 for adults, AED 75 for children 80-120 cm tall, free for children under 80cm. Water park entry tickets include general park area entry also.
- Bicycle rental available on the island?
- Original opening date in 1979, area 13,000 square meters.
- Location opposite Sharjah Central Market, Sharjah Blue Souq, on the Khalid Lagoon island - renamed as Flag Island.
- Website www.almontazah.ae, email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +971-6-5110558.
- Being redeveloped during 2012-2013, completion date early 2014? Project cost AED 22 million. After completion will have fountains, a cafeteria, and more green and shaded areas.
- Area 3.7 hectares.
Other areas not really parks but like a park, or include park areas
- Al Majaz Waterfront
- Al Qasba - mostly a restaurant and cafe area with a canal through the middle, a large Ferris wheel at one end, and an art gallery.
- Heart of Sharjah
Sharjah parks information to be updated
- Amusement parks in Sharjah
Children parks in Sharjah
Family parks in Sharjah
List of parks in Sharjah
National Parks Sharjah
Parks in Sharjah
Parks in Sharjah UAE
Public parks in Sharjah
Sharjah Municipality parks
Sharjah National Parks
Sharjah parks gardens
Sharjah parks list
Sharjah parks map
Sharjah public parks
Sharjah theme parks
Sharjah water parks
Skate parks in Sharjah
Theme parks Sharjah
Theme parks in Sharjah
Water parks in Sharjah
Last update Thursday 06-Mar-2014. Page development 4L 5C.