Jumeirah Beach Hotel in Jumeirah,
Dubai, tel +971-4-3480000
Jumeirah Beach Hotel (JBH) is a well-known 5 star hotel on a beach in
Dubai. Location is in Umm Suqeim rather than Jumeirah, in the same area
as the Burj Al Arab Hotel, the Wild Wadi Water Park, and Madinat Jumeirah.
The shape of JBH is a distinctive wave form. JBH has over 600 rooms
on 25 floors with spectacular views across Dubai from the top floors.
Jumeirah is sometimes written as Jumairah, Jumaira, or Jumeira (the
Jumeira Road for example, which is the same as Jumeirah Beach Road).
JBH is in a good location, good quality accommodation, nice beach, all
round excellent place to stay if you can get a good deal on a package
with your flight. For top class accommodation, there's the Beit Al Bahar
Villas (Arabian Village) in the JBH complex.
JBH opened in December 1997 and promptly became one of Dubai's more
well-known icons. At least, until the Burj Al Arab Hotel opened next
door 2 years later.
Restaurants, Bars, Nightclubs (tel
+971-4-4068999 for reservations)
There are more than 20 restuarants, bars,
and cafés in Jumeirah Beach Hotel, including
- Al Khayal - Lebanese, with band and belly dancer. Open 7pm-2am, on
the first floor.
- Carnevale - Italian, open 12:30-3pm for lunch,
6:30pm-12am for dinner. First floor.
- La Parrilla - Argentinian Restaurant.
Great steaks, great view - if you get a window seat. Open 6:30pm-1am.
- Marina - fish food and a golf buggy ride along the
breakwater. Open 6pm-12am, Fri brunch 12:30pm-3pm.
- Villa Beach - Mediterranean, on the beach. Lunch 12-5pm, dinner
- Beachcombers - Asian food on the beach. Buffet and
à la carte. Open
7:30am-12am, happy hours 5-7pm, 11pm-12am.
- Latitude - breakfast, lunch, dinner, à la carte & buffet,
ground floor. Food from everywhere. Brunch on Fri/Sat 12:30pm-4pm.
- Go West - steaks. What more do you
need to know? Ground floor. Open 6pm-12am, happy hour 6-7pm
- Der Keller - German beer, German food. Sehr gut,
danke schön. Vorsprung durch technik or something. Open 6pm-1am,
- Dhow & Anchor - English pub. Contains beer, fish
n chips, and Poms. Open 12pm-1am. Ground floor. Good for sports on
- La Veranda - pizza on the beach, open 11am-11pm.
- Waterfront - health food. At The Pavilion Marina & Sports
Club. Open 8am-10pm.
Bars, nightclubs, cafés
- The Apartment Lounge & Club - restaurant/lounge bar/nightclub
in the basement of JBH, since January 2002. Open Tue-Sat 9pm-3am,
free entry except Thu & Fri after 10pm for men and 12am for ladies.
- 360° - great postion at the end of the marina promenade
(above the Marina Restaurant), great music, but in one of those oddly
frustrating Dubai moments, the authorities at the end of 2007 told
turn the volume down and stop dancing, because it's outside and
the noise might annoy the neighbours. As far as we know, not a single
fish has ever complained. Open 4pm-2am.
- Uptown Bar - posh piano bar on the 24th floor,
with lopsided glasses, and terrace with glorious views of Dubai.
- Palm Court - snacks and drinks with jazz band and
piano player just through the main entrance of JBH. Open
- Ocean Blue - snacks and drinks with your sand,
Happy Hour 5-6.30pm. On the beach.
- Pool Bar - how fascinating, a bar in a pool in a
- Café Wadi - coffee and resort views only for
Beit Al Bahar guests (the Arabian village)
- Club Eight - cognac, cigars, and pool table for members
only, on the ground floor. Open
Happy Hour 7-9pm
Other entertainment, facilities, and activities
- A beach
- A boat marina with yacht hire
- A large chessboard near the health club
- Fishing charters, golf (putting green), tennis, diving
- Swimming pools including a decent size lap pool
- Shops include a pharmacy, Damas jewellers, perfume & cosmetics,
ladies' and men's boutique, eyewear, caviar, Crystal Gallery, DNATA
travel agent, car rental, bookshop, photo studio, Jacky's electronics,
beachwear and swimwear, Montblanc scribblers, Dubai
Duty Free, Persian and antique carpets, tailor, watches, ladies'
and men's hair and beauty salon (The French Beauty Centre), Rodeo
Drive, leather goods, henna studio, Studio R
- Sinbad's Kids Club, and a Premium Leisure Club to keep your sprogs
entertained while you live it up at the beach
- Health Spa with
Aromatherapy, Reflexology, Shiatsu, Swedish, Sports massages and treatments
- Arabian Adventures Desert Safari tour operator
- An impressive mural of the planets, Dubai, and the UAE in the main
- Wild Wadi Water Park - big fun next door to JBH
Jumeirah Beach Hotel awards (not a comprehensive list)
- 'Best Hotel
in the Middle East' for 2007 by the German Business Traveller magazine
(18 Jan 2008)
- 'Best Resort
Hotel in the World' award from Business Traveller UK magazine - every
year from 2001-2007
- 'MasterCard Priceless Ultra Award for Service' for the Beit Al Bahar
Villas (May 2007)
- 'Best Resort' - British Airways Holidays Awards (December
- 'Best Resort in the Middle East' - 2006 Business Traveller
- 'Number One in the UAE' - 2006 Travel & Leisure's Guide
to the World's Best Hotels
- 'Best Foreign Resort Hotel' - The 2005 Telegraph Travel Awards
- 'Best Leisure Resort Hotel in the Middle East' - 2002 Business
Traveller Middle East Awards
- 'Best Resort Hotel in the World' - TMO Awards in London, March
- 'Number One Hotel
in the World' - Condé Nast Traveller Magazine (1999, 2000)
- 'Best Hotel in the World' - Condé Nast Traveller Magazine
- and so on ...
In other words, if you complain that your sheets weren't turned
up properly before you went to bed, you will be buried under an avalanche
of award certificates.