Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi
Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi theme park
Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi is a new WB theme park under construction from 2015-2018, open in 2018. The park is entirely indoors (not the car park), with rides, attractions, restaurants, and stores based on WB action hero and cartoon characters.
Site visit Feb 2019
- Special offer for UAE residents (need Emirates ID): Buy one get one free ticket to two parks AED 435 (cheaper than 2x single park visit). Valid for Feb 2018 purchase, first use up to 3 months after purchase date, second use within 13 days of first visit. Fingerprint scan on entry to check same person uses ticket for second park entry. Cannot visit WB World twice, must be WB World + Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld.
- 3-4 hours enough time to visit all attractions at WB World once. Add time for repeat rides and/or food and drink intake.
- Flash Pass (AED150) to jump the queues not needed, was relatively uncrowded even though we visited during a school holiday week. Longest wait was 30 min for the Green Lantern Galactic Odyssey 4D flying theatre ride.
- Overall good for kids, and some rides pleasant enough for adrenaline junkies, nothing too extreme though. Roller coasters relatively gentle compared to Formula Rosa at Ferrari World.
Below section to be updated (last update 01 Feb 2018).
Warner Brothers movie world theme park on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi
The new cartoon and action hero indoor theme park is being developed by Miral Asset Management (not Miras) in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, with rides and attractions based on characters and places from WB films from Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera, The Cartoon Network, and the DC Universe such as Batman, Bugs Bunny, Scooby-Doo, Superman, The Flintstones, Tom and Jerry, Wonder Woman.
- Full name is Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi (WBWAD, WBW Abu Dhabi) according to official website.
- Also referred to as: Warner Bros. or Brothers Abu Dhabi (WBAD or WB AD), Warner Bros Movie World Abu Dhabi (WBMAD), Warner Bros. Yas Island.
- Warner Bros. Dubai (WBD) is not an existing or planned theme park. Not to be confused with Universal Studios in Dubailand (plans abandoned) or 20th Century Fox theme park in Dubai (planned but no progress visible on site as of end 2017).
- Warner Brothers or Warner Bros.? Warner Brothers Pictures name changed to Warner Bros. Entertainment (when?)?
Warner Bros Abu Dhabi opening date and timeline
- Press release 06 Feb 2018 quoted the general manager of WBW, Mark Gsellman, as saying they "... will be announcing the exact opening date very soon."
- 2018 summer: WBW website at end of Jan 2018 says "Opening summer 2018", and the first WBW Twitter post on 23 Jan 2018 said "opening this summer!" Which presumably means a date in Jul-Sep 2018, but could mean end of 2018 or beginning of 2019 since official opening dates in the UAE are sometimes adjusted 2 or 3 times before the actual opening. A WBW Twitter reply on 27 Jan 2018 said "Details of the exact opening date will be revealed closer to the time."
- 2018 Jun-Sep: according to 18 Jan 2018 press release about Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan visit to the construction site which said the theme park "will be the world’s largest indoor theme parks opening summer 2018." Unclear if they meant one of the largest indoor theme parks, or the largest indoor theme park. IMG World in Dubai is similar in size to WBW Abu Dhabi.
- 2013 Q1-Q2: not exactly an opening date, but Jan and Feb 2018 audition announcements for career openings as Costume and Face Character Performers for WBAD said successful applicants would have "contracts starting from Early 2018".
- 2018 April: according to GN Express report 27 Dec 2017 about new attractions opening in 2018, no source given for opening date, no confirmation found of Apr 2018 opening date.
- Official information is that "The park is set to open in 2018" according to WB AUH website FAQs, no further details given (Jan 2018).
- Most other sources also give opening date as 2018 without any further details, however, more definitive information should become available in 2018.
- For updates direct from WBW Abu Dhabi, sign up to the email list on their website.
- 2018: Construction of park underway in Jan 2016 with revised opening date planned for 2018. Area 1.7 million square feet, with 29 rides or activities. Developer is Miral Asset Management (also Meral or Meeral).
- 2011: In Sep 2007, a deal signed with Abu Dhabi Media Company and Aldar Properties, construction start date planned for 2009, opening date scheduled for 2011, but suspended or delayed.
Warner Bros World roller coasters
- Dynamite Gulch suspended roller coaster (hang underneath the track). Ride name to be announced.
- Tom and Jerry Swiss Cheese Spin, Cartoon Junction zone, a spinning roller coaster.
Warner Bros Abu Dhabi rides and zones
Theme park divided into 6 zones or areas with a total of 29 rides, shows, and attractions (earlier information said 19 rides). Some details of rides in Metropolis and Cartoon Junction zones released 06 Feb 2018. Information in italics is speculative or unconfirmed.
- Warner Bros. Plaza: entrance area in an art deco style highlighting the Golden Age of Hollywood. No rides but several shops and dining outlets.
- Celebrity Photo.
- Hollywood Trattoria restaurant.
- Bedrock: Mr Flintstone & Mr Rubble with their prehistoric family members: Fred, Wilma, Pebbles, Barney, Betty, Bamm Bamm, Dino, and Baby Puss.
- Roller coaster? Not according to park model seen.
- The Flintstones Bedrock River Adventure, river or log flume ride (Intamin list).
- Bronto Burgers dining?
- Cartoon Junction (Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera): will have 9 rides and attractions based on characters including Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, Pepe Le Pew, Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, Sylvester the Cat, Taz (the Tasmanian Devil), Tom and Jerry, Tweety Bird (Tweetie). Ride and shop names given in 06 Feb 2018 press release.
- ACME Factory, three rides for kids and an activity area:
- Activity area with spiral net climbs, suspended rope bridges, crawl tubes, tunnel mazes.
- Daffy's Jet-Propelled Pogo Stick, vertical jump tower.
- Tweety Wild Wockets, spin ride.
- Ricochet Racin' with Taz, race cars on a track for kids.
- 5. Ani-Mayhem (AniMayhem), dark ride, score points with bar-code scanner to become ACME Employee of the Month.
- 6. Cartoon Junction Carousel (merry-go-round) with cartoon characters.
- 7. "Meet Bugs! (and Daffy)", interactive stage show where you play the part of a Looney Tunes character.
- 8. Scooby Doo and the Museum of Mysteries (Scooby Doo's Mystery Museum), dark ride on "Mystery Machines" (dark ride trolleys).
- 9. Tom and Jerry Swiss Cheese Spin, spinning roller coaster.
- Hare Salon, shop with Bugs Bunny collection of wigs and fancy dress costumes.
- ACME Company Store, souvenir shop.
- C. J. Mercantile General Store, Looney Tunes souvenir shop.
- Fudd Hardware, shop with toys and tools for kids based on Elmer Fudd.
- ACME Factory, three rides for kids and an activity area:
- Dynamite Gulch (Wild West theme): Wile E. Coyote, Roadrunner, Yosemite Sam, ... and The Jetsons? Orbit City moved ... or they crashed in the desert?
- Roller coaster (Intamin Suspended Family Coaster 18-390), 18m height, 390m length, contract awarded 2014. Supplied by Intamin but manufactured by Vekoma?
- ACME Store? Ride or shop? See Cartoon Junction Zone.
- Jetsons Flying Cars (for young kids)?
- Marvin the Martian Crater Crash?
- Yosemite Sam's Gas Station? Attraction or shop?
- Gotham City: Batman, Harley Quinn, The Joker, Scarecrow.
- Batman ride?
- Hall of Doom?
- Harlequin? Harley Quinn themed restaurant?
- The Joker Fun House (concept art).
- Metropolis - The City of Tomorrow (DC Comics): Justice League superheros including Aquaman, Batman, Cyborg, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Mongul, Supergirl, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Wonder Woman. Ride and shop names given in 06 Feb 2018 press release.
- Roller Coaster or similar ride? Speculative based on park model. Looks smaller than the Dynamite Gulch roller coaster. Might be the Warworld Attacks dark ride ... trolley ride rather than roller coaster?
- Green Lantern: Galactic Odyssey, 4D flying theatre ride or attraction.
- Teen Titans Training Academy, zipline, rope and net climbs, and other adventure activities.
- Superman 360: Battle for Metropolis (Superman vs Brainiac's army), 3D movie in The Daily Bugle building.
- Justice League: Warworld Attacks (War World), 5D dark ride on trolleys in the Hall of Justice building watching the fight between JL and the alien warlord Mongul.
- Zatanna Books and Magical Curiousities, souvenir shop.
- Justice League Hero Supply, souvenir shop.
- Daily Planet Newsstand and Front Page Photo, souvenir photo shop (get your photo on Daily Planet front page).
Restaurants, cafes, snack bars
- Bistro Pepe Le Pew?
- WB Plaza area
- Hollywood Trattoria, restaurant.
- Cartoon Junction zone
- ACME Commissary, quick service food.
- Daffy Snacks, candy and sweets shop.
- Huckleberry Hound Pies.
- Penelope Pitstop Cotton Candy.
- Yogi Bear and Boo Boo Ice Cream.
- Metropolis zone
- Ace O' Clubs by Bibbo Bibbowski, fast food restaurant ("quick service restaurant").
- Park Ridge Market, cafe.
Warner Bros Abu Dhabi timings and ticket prices
- [As of Jan 2018] WBW Abu Dhabi is not yet open to the public, despite some sources incorrectly stating the park is operating with opening hours from ~8am to 11pm daily. Actual opening times not announced yet, but our best guess is that they'll be similar to IMG World in Dubai which is also fully indoors, and open from about 10am to 10pm or 11pm.
- [As of Jan 2018] WBW has not yet announced ticket prices. They will probably be similar to prices for other UAE theme parks like Ferrari World, IMG Worlds, MotionGate which are about AED 200-300 for an adult day pass, with cheaper special offers.
Warner Bros Abu Dhabi careers, jobs, auditions
- Apply directly to Farah Experiences for jobs at Warner Bros AUH (and other Yas Island theme parks). Farah Experiences is a subsidiary of Miral Asset Management which is the owner of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Waterworld, and Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi.
- If you see any job advertisements which look or sound suspicious or illegal (e.g. asking for payment for visa application, or recruitment fee, or payment to submit a job application, etc), visit the WBW Abu Dhabi official website to get correct contact details. The wbworldabudhabi.com FAQs page lists the following career websites (checked Jan 2018):
- www.farahexperiences.com for jobs and careers.
- www.farahauditions.com if you want to be a live performer in one of the entertainment parks.
Warner Bros audition locations and dates from www.farahauditions.com/audition-calendar
- Auditions held in UAE on 26 Feb 2018 (costume characters) and 27 Feb 2018 (face characters) at Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi RED Theatre. Both days 9am to 6pm.
- Auditions held on 17-19 Jan 2018 in London (UK) for Face Characters, and on 21-22 Jan 2018 in Kiev (Ukraine) for Costume Characters.
- Manila, Philippines?
Warner Bros Abu Dhabi hotel
The theme park press release announcement of 19 Apr 2016 said "the development will include the only Warner Bros. branded hotel alongside the immersive theme park." However, the first phase of the project, opening in 2018, appears to be the theme park only, with the hotel construction to be completed later.
SkyTran link between WBW and Ferrari World
- See article "'skyTran' connecting Abu Dhabi theme parks to begin in 2020", Reuters 07 Feb 2018.
- An airconditioned monorail pod system will link Warner Bros World and Ferrari World, with travel time expected to be about one minute between the two parks. Each transport pods will contain 4 seats, making them relatively private.
- Yas Mall might also be linked but Yas Mall directly connected to Ferrari World anyway.
- Future plans for the SkyTran (Sky Train, SkyTrain?) are to link it to hotels on Yas Island, and Abu Dhabi International Airport.
- Initial agreement to study implementation of a personal rapid transit system (PRT) on Yas Island was signed in 2016 between Miral and skyTran Inc. in California.
Other WB theme parks around the world
- Parque Warner Madrid, Spain.
- Warner Bros Fun Zone, Studio City, Macau.
- WB Movie World Australia?
- WB Movie World Themenpark Germany?
- Parent category: Theme parks in UAE, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi (tourism, attractions, entertainment)
- Child pages:
- Related pages: Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, IMG World Dubai, Dubai Parks and Resorts - Motiongate.
- WBW Abu Dhabi facts and figures
(ref 18 Jan 2018 WAM press release unless otherwise indicated)
- Project cost: $1 billion (AED 3.67 billion).
- Area of theme park: 1.65 million square feet (153,000 sq meters or 15.3 ha). IMG Worlds of Adventure in Dubai says they are "the largest temperature controlled indoor themed entertainment destination in the world, covering an area in excess of 1.5 million square feet", but they don't say how much in excess of (1.5m sq ft is 140,000 sq m or 14 ha). So WB might become the largest in the world when it opens, but that record might be overtaken again in 2020 when IMG plans to open a second indoor theme park in Dubai, IMG Worlds of Legends, larger again at 2 million sq feet.
- Total number of workers on project: 6,800+.
- WB Studios water tower height 61 meters, weight 300+ tons. The structure is similar to but not an exact replica of the WB tower in Burbank, California.
- Other Miral attractions and developments
on Yas Island
- [planned] CLYMB indoor climbing and skydiving
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
- [planned] SeaWorld Abu Dhabi
- Yas Waterworld
- WB store in Dubai: no dedicated Warner Bros store in Dubai, but several stores sell DC Entertainment and other WB related merchandise. Try Virgin, Geek Nation, Comicave in Dubai Outlet Mall, (others?).
- [Check, where?] There was a WB franchised store in Dubai open from 1998-2001?
- WB AD media and press contact: Warner Bros. Communications team, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tel +971-2-4968008 (FB page).
- Design and master plan: Thinkwell Group.
Youtube and videos
- 18 Jan 2018, www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFdFxMfyBS4, Sheikh Hazza Bin Zayed visits WBW AD, interior walk-through from ADMNC, Arabic.
- Shorter version of inside walk-around video on Instagram at www.instagram.com/p/BeGDAmvhcNo/.
- www.instagram.com/p/BeFoFPmhJoe/, www.instagram.com/p/BeGNcLSBmhU/, several images from video.
- 18 Jan 2018, www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxy0WqJ0E3k, interior of WBW AD from Abu Dhabi Media News Center, Arabic.
- 04 May 2016, www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqJR6KC8lTE, WBW AD Miral announcement.
- 06 Feb 2018, press release, "Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi reveals signature rides in 'Metropolis' and 'Cartoon Junction'".
- 18 Jan 2018, press release, "Hazza bin Zayed visits Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi on Yas Island".
- 25 Apr 2017, WB World press release update listing zone names and descriptions, with concept art of the various park zones.
- 28 Feb 2017, WB World press release update on construction progress and theme park ride information.
- 19 Apr 2016, WB World press release announcing the new theme park project.
- www.besix.com/en/projects/warner-bros-theme-park, contractor information page (Besix, Six Construct).
Last update Tuesday 26-Feb-2019. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- www.wbworldabudhabi.com, WB World Abu Dhabi official website
- twitter.com/wbworldad, WBW official Twitter Tweets. We hope Tweety Bird does the tweeting.
- FB and Instagram accounts at facebook.com/WBWorldAD/ and instagram.com/wbworldad/.
- www.miral.ae, Miral Asset Management (MAM) official website.
- www.wbworld.ae and www.wbworld.com domains both forward to www.wbworldabudhabi.com.