Magazines published in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and the UAE
This is a fairly random selection of magazines available in Dubai, and focused on locally published English language magazines. There seems to be a new magazine or two appearing on a weekly basis as more and more people and organisations decide to have a crack at coming out with a Dubai version of Marie Clair, GQ, Vanity Fair, NME, Economist, Top Gear, etc. That's not quite happened yet, but there's plenty of choice. And you can still get all the international magazines anyway, albeit at a high price. Generally, locally published magazines are about 5-15 dhs each, and imported magazines are 30-100 dhs each.
Advertising - see Marketing and Media Industry
Automotive and Transport
- Al Masar Magazine (AlMasar) - monthly public transport magazine published by the Dubai RTA, in Arabic and in English. First edition July 2008? General Supervisor is Dr Aysha Al Busmait. Contact details tel: +971-4-2844444, fax: +971-4-2906661, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Magazine PDF downloads on RTA website but not obvious. Try www.rta.ae/wpsv5/links/magazine/masar/.
- Autocar Middle East - publisher The Media Factory (TMF) until September 2010, then Mediaquest.
- CAR Middle East (closed) - monthly magazine with useful tables of car and motorcyle prices in the UAE. First issue 2005? Final issue September 2011 (official reason not given but news reports said high photography costs and licence fees might have been the reason for the closure). Website www.carmiddleeast.com, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Publisher ITP Digital Ltd under licence from BAUER Consumer Media (Car UK magazine publisher).
- F1 Racing Middle East - publisher TMF until September 2010, then Mediaquest.
- Full Throttle - published by Corithian Publishing in Dubai. Articles, news and events related to motorbikes, quad bikes, jetskis. Started in Nov/Dec 2006.
- RubberDuck Magazine - car lifestyle magazine for the UAE (how does that related to rubber ducks?), online only, website www.rubberduckmag.com. Launched May 2009 with a tiresomely slow loading "Coming Soon" page for the current issue.
- Wheels - free or 2 dhs, published weekly, tel +971-4-4067758, fax +971-4-3421039, email email@example.com, Editor-in-Chief Abdul Hamid Ahmad, Managing Editor Francis Matthew, publisher Al Nisr Media FZ LLC, PO Box 6519, Dubai, UAE, information Aug 2006. Ok for a quick browse - good for local UAE driving articles, reasonable but fairly dry car reviews, has classifieds and useful table of new car details, prices and dealer information. Web www.wheels.ae.
Business - see also Finance and Investment
- Arabian Business - weekly, 10 dhs, business magazine for the Arab region
- Bloomberg Business Week Middle East - English and Arabic editions, published by United Media Services International FZ LLC (UMS) and Bloomberg Businessweek, agreement announced on 01 May 2013 to start publication of a Middle East edition of the magazine. English edition published twice per month, first issue date not supplied. Targeted circulation of 24,000, distribution planned for Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates. Arabic language edition launch date planned for May 2014, also to be published 2x monthly. Website www.businessweek.com/global-economics/middle-east?
- Bushra Khalid Economic Bulletin (BKEB) - www.bushrakhalid.com (unavailable December 2009). No longer in operation?
- .Commerce (the dot is not a typo)
- Forbes Arabia (Arabic) - published in Dubai since 2004 by DIT Group . Website www.forbes-arabia.com gives error (October 2007). Publication halted in April 2009 (Arabian Business 20 July 2010).
- Forbes Middle East - published by Arab Publisher House (APH). First issue with print run of 25,000-30,000 copies in Arabic launched 27 October 2010, English version maybe by 2011 (Arabian Business 20 July 2010).
Editor-in-Chief Khuloud Al Omian. Licenced by Forbes US, published by Arab Publisher House.
- Forbes Middle East English magazine - first issue announced 22 February 2012, launch event on 28 February 2012 (WAM). Published by Arab Publisher House.
- GO (CPI) - monthly in 2006, fortnightly in 2007, 10 dhs, targeted at young managers with content focus on marketing, finance, operations, general management. Launch in late 2006.
- Kipp Report (The Kipp Report) - online only (www.kippreport.com) Middle East business magazine with occasional quirky commentary and observations. Publisher MediaQuest. Launched January 2008?
- Saneou Al Hadath - Arabic business magazine, published MediaQuest
- SME-UAE - a specialized SME magazine for young UAE nationals about the SME sector. Launched by the UAE Ministry of Economy at GITEX 2011. Sponsors include the UAE Securities and Commodities Authority, Higher Corporation for Specialized Economic Zones, Western Region Development Council. News reported by WAM 11 October 2011.
- YourBusiness - business magazine targeting SME enterprises and entrepreneurs, launched October 2007, publishers DIT Group. Website www.yourbusinessmagazine.com (free subscription available - unknown for how long). Tel +971-4-3903636 (Dubai Media City) or +971-4-3356556 (Montana Building, Zabeel Rd).
Cars - see Automotive and Transport
- Just - magazine for Middle East parents rather than children, tel +971-4-3417500, www.just.ae, publisher Deira Printing Press. Articles divided into sections called JustFashion, JustFavorites, JustInteriors, JustPeople, JustTravel with clothes, furniture, holidays, for your kids.
- Me Kids Middle East - Early Learning Skills Development magazine for young children with games and puzzles, brain teasers. Publisher TMG, website www.mekidsme.com.
- The Youngest Middle East - knowledge magazine for children with games and puzzles to test the brain, IQ tests, general knowldge, articles and stories. Publisher TMG, first issue May 2009, website www.youngestme.com.
- Timeout Dubai Kids - monthly, 5 dhs, publisher ITP. Just like the normal Timeout Dubai except focused on activities, events, and resources for children. Useful listings of nurseries, shops, sports clubs and other activities etc.
Community magazines - see also General
- Rush - Russian language magazine in Dubai for the UAE Russian and CIS community. Website www.rushmagazine.org (not .com).
- Shonglap - monthly magazine for the Bangladeshi community.
- Sound of Malaieen (Sound of Malayeen?)? Only one reference seen for Dubai (repeated on several websites), no further information.
Computers and IT (Information Technology)
- Arabian Reseller News (DIT Publishing) - IT industry magazine, monthly, free subscription from website, launched 2003, www.arn-mag.com.
- Computer News Middle East (CPI) - international and regional news in a monthly magazine.
- Network World Middle East (CPI) - monthly since 2000, reviews, news and explanations of networking topics.
- PC Magazine Arabia (Arabic, DIT Publishing), website www.pcmag-arabic.com.
- PC Magazine Middle & Near East (DIT Publishing), website www.pcmag-mideast.com.
- PC World Middle East (CPI) - Arabic & English editions - launched November 2005, monthly, 10 dhs, consumer oriented computing magazine with news, reviews, best buys, etc.
- Reseller World Middle East (CPI) - monthly, IT distribution channels, training, logistics.
- Security Advisor Middle East (CPI) - monthly, enterprise level IT security focus on anti-virus protection, disaster recovery, business continuity, etc.
- SMB Advisor Middle East (CPI) - monthly, Small & Medium Business advice from an IT perspective.
- Storage Advisor Middle East (CPI) - monthly, news and views on information storage developments.
Current Affairs and News magazines
Entertainment and Gossip
- Ahlan! - weekly, 5 dhs, glossy celebrity gossip and fashion magazine (Hollywood etc), and the Dubai Diary at the back which is Dubai's equivalent of Hello! or something. The annual Ahlan Hot 100 is a list of UAE/Dubai celebrities, which surprisingly, actually manages to find 100 celebrities in Dubai. Everyone likes to publicly state they're not interested in being on the Ahlan! Hot 100 list but secretly are delighted if they are. Publisher ITP.
- e+ - weekly supplement to the Gulf News (on Wednesdays), free or 5 dhs. Handy cinema and TV listings for the UAE. Music, theatre, concert, video, cinema, TV reviews. Hollywood and Bollywood people gossip and photos. Inoffensive.
- OK! Middle East (CPI) - need we say anymore? Available in English and Arabic versions.
- Rolling Stone Middle East - launch date expected to be November 2010. Publisher HGW Media under licence from Wenner Media in the USA, price AED 18-20 per magazine. Expect a somewhat subdued version of the real thing. (news first appeared on the Dubai Media Observer blog, dubaimedia.blogspot.com, 31 July 2010? Updated report in The National 28 August 2010).
- tabloid! (or Gulf News Tabloid) - daily supplement with the Gulf News newspaper. Hardly a magazine but has the best selection of cartoons in a UAE newspaper - Garfield, Wizard of Id, Dilbert, Andy Capp, and the superb Non Sequitur (and Alex is in the Gulf News business section). The rest of the tabloid is TV and cinema listings, star signs, crossword puzzles, and celebrity gossip and photos.
- TAKE: 1 (CPI) - monthly film and celebrity magazine for Malayalam speaking NRIs, focus on Keralite and South Indian musicians, celebrities, film stars, actors, actresses, directors, producers.
- Variety Arabia - Middle East and North Africa (MENA) edition launch annouced 21 November 2010 (press release). First issue to be published January 2011 in Arabic and English. Licencing partner is Middle East Media & Publishing.
Fashion - see also women's magazines, and men's magazines
- Jumana - BurJuman shopping centre magazine, bi-monthly, mostly advertising for fashion shops in the Bur Juman Center, with a few fashion related and travel articles. Managing Director Victoria Hazell-Thatcher, Editorial Director Rob Orchard, tel +971-4-3642878 / +971-4-3642879, published by HOT Media Publishing tel +971-4-3642878.
- L’Officiel Middle East - regional version of the French L’Officiel magazine. Published by ITP.
- La Moda Dubai - online only fashion magazine covering Middle East fashion, launched March 2010, Editor-in-Chief Jim Joquico, email firstname.lastname@example.org, postal address PO Box 93722, Dubai, UAE. Website www.lamodadubai.com.
- Red Hot - clothes (men's and women's), jewellery, handbags, sunglasses, watches, perfume, beauty products. The boundary between advertisements and articles seems a bit blurry. First issue January 2009? Managing Editor Dawn Montgomery, Editor Neesha C. Salian, publisher Al Nisr Publishing, tel +971-4067440, email email@example.com. Might be a Gulf News publication or supplement?
- Viva Girl - publisher ITP, closed February 2009?
Finance and Investment - see also Business
- Banker Middle East (CPI) - Middle Eastern banking sector news and information. Monthly with focus on different industry and country each month - June for the UAE. First published in 2000.
- Banking & Business Review - publisher Sterling Publications
- Business Islamica Magazine - publisher Neopromo FZ LLC, Dubai. Tel +971-4-3693639. Islamic business and finance magazine, monthly.
- Campaign Middle East (ITP) - advertising industry magazine, weekly.
- Islamic Banking and Financial Directory (CPI) - published annually - global directory of Islamic finance institutions.
- Islamic Business & Finance (CPI) - retail banking, investment banking, Takaful, capital markets, etc. First published November 2005. Monthly with different subject and country focus each month - November for the UAE.
- Private Equity & Venture Capital (CPI) - monthly with different industry and country focus each month.
- 999 Magazine - see English 999
- Abu Dhabi Tempo - launched October 2009, monthly, about events and living in Abu Dhabi, for Emiratis, expat residents, and visitors to the UAE. Usual collection of subjects- Fashion, Fun, Food, Friends, Health, Lifestyle, Shopping, Travel. Editor is Sana Bagersh. Distributed free to Abu Dhabi residential areas, shopping malls, offices, hotels, coffee shops. Print run at launch 15,000, increased to 30,000 for second issue. Publisher BrandMoxie, website www.abudhabitempo.com. From June 2010, issued with mobile tagging technology, which sounds like an innovative method to send more advertising your way.
- Al Shindagah / Al Shindaga magazine - Al Habtoor Group magazine, general articles about the Al Habtoor Group, Dubai and the UAE.
- Arabies Trends - also called Trends.
- English 999 - society and security magazine launched by the UAE Ministry of Interior (MOI). The magazine is part of the MOI Strategic Plan to provide media coverage for the ministry and the Abu Dhabi Police. Editor-in-Chief is Lt. Colonel Awadh Saleh Al Kindi (WAM news 08 February 2012). Online downloads available at MOI website at www.moi.gov.ae (scroll to Media Center links at bottom of page and click on "999 Magazine").
- Etc. - weekly supplement to the Emirates Today newspaper, handed out on Fridays. Fashion, movie stars, things to do in Dubai, etc. Editor Rachel Morris firstname.lastname@example.org, Awraq Publishing, PO Box 500666, tel +971-4-3062222. Update: no longer published as Emirates Today morphed into Emirates Business 24-7 in December 2007.
- Friday (or Friday Magazine) - weekly free supplement with the Gulf News newspaper on Fridays (not unexpectedly). Articles related to health, sports, cars, cooking (weekly pull-out collection of recipes), beauty, books, technology, fashion, leisure, entertainment, horoscopes. Fairly bland prose but one session on the throne should be long enough to skim through it and absorb the useful bits. Has the delightful Souk Scan with great gift ideas for people you don't like. Magazine Editor Malavika Kamaraju, website probably www.gulfnews.com, PO Box 6519, tel +971-4-3447100, fax +971-4-3441627, email email@example.com. Publisher Al Nisr Publishing LLC.
- Fujairah Observer - online (only?) lifestyle magazine about the emirate of Fujairah but with relatively limited content (when last checked in April 2011 at least). Editor-in-Chief Dr Mohammed Saeed Al Kindi, Managing Editor
Virginia Valentine. Contact tel +971-9-2241918, email firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.fujairahobserver.ae.
- FYI Dubai - information magazine about the UAE that no one has heard of, publisher HGW Media. Has listings for restaurants, shops, nightlife, health, sports, travel, culture, etc.
- Live Work Explore magazine - published by Explorer Publishing, free, bi-monthly, distributed in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, covers living in, working in, and exploring the UAE and Gulf region, targeted at expats. Email email@example.com, tel +971-4-3408805, PO Box 34275, Dubai, UAE. Website www.liveworkexplore.com/magazine/ (flick through the pages online just like a real magazine).
- M - weekly magazine that comes with The National on Saturday (an Abu Dhabi newspaper). Thinner than the Friday Magazine in the Gulf News but more interesting (slightly).
- Majid magazine - published by ADMC
- National Geographic Al Arabiya - joint venture between NG and ADMC to publish an Arabic-language version of the National Geographic magazine with about 20% of content expected to be generated within the region. Editor-in-Chief Mohamed Al Hammadi (appointment announced 23 Aug 2010). First edition publication date expected to be 01 October 2010, distributed in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
- Read Magazine - a general Dubai lifestyle magazine (in English) covering entertainment, fashion, health, house and home, music, nightlife, sport, travel, and so on. Published weekly on Sundays. Distributed free along the Dubai Metro routes. Distributor - Kassab Media. Publisher - Continental MultiMedia FZ LLC in Dubai Media City, telephone +971-4-3902904, email firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.readme.ae.
- XPRESS - weekly tabloid newspaper - see the newspapers in Dubai page.
- Zahrat Al Khaleej magazine - published by ADMC
Health, Beauty and Fitness
- See also Sports magazines and Women's magazines sections.
- Aquarius - monthly, free or get a subscription for 40 dhs per year, managing editor Francis Matthew, editor Sandra Diamond, +971-4-4067649, fax +971-4-3421039, email email@example.com, published by Al Nisr Media FZ LLC, PO Box 6519, Dubai, UAE. beauty, fashion, fitness, nutrition, parenting, relationships, travel. An A4 size version of Connector with fewer ads and more pictures. Also has the table of contacts and workout classes in the back.
- Connector - monthly, free, managing editor Lynda Darai, editor Jan Ritchie, published by Connector Publishing FZ LLC, offices 112 & 113, building 4, Dubai Media City, PO Box 26435, Dubai, UAE, email firstname.lastname@example.org (not connector?), tel +971-4-3902727, fax +971-4-3908058, no website? Magazine is the size of a small book with lots of advertisements and the occasional article on health, Dubai living, home & garden, beauty care & make-up, children, cooking recipies, fitness and exercise, sport & leisure. Has a handy guide at the back listing all sorts of useful clubs & services with tel numbers, and a comprehensive sport and exercise activities calendar.
- Health Journal - bi-monthly, published by Gulf Medical College in Ajman in Arabic and English, tel +971-6-7431333, email email@example.com, website www.gmchealth.com.
Home - see Property and Home
- Climate Control Middle East (CPI) - monthly magazine for the HVAC & R industry, launched January 2006.
- Construction Week or ConstructionWeek - often called 'Construction Weekly'. A weekly magazine / newspaper for the construction industry in the Gulf or GCC region. Subscription possibly free if you're in the construction industry.
- H2O (CPI) - bi-monthly publication for the water and construction industry.
- HVAC & R Directory Middle East (CPI) - annual guide launched November 2005.
- Policy Magazine - about the Middle East insurance market, launched 01 October 2003, monthly, editor Ian Donabie, publisher The Media Factory until September 2008, then MediaQuest.
- Power Solutions Middle East (CPI) - UPS systems and generators annual directory since 2003.
- RetailME (or Retail ME for Retail Middle East, publisher Concept Media), affiliations with Retail Week and Retail World in Europe. Website www.retailme.com
- Retail News Middle East - publisher ITP, closed February 2009?
- Showcase Dubai (Concept Media) - directory for the gold and jewellery trade in the UAE
- The Brief - Middle East law and legal industry magazine, publisher The Media Factory until September 2008, then MediaQuest.
- Urban Planning - specialist magazine for urban planning and construction industry, launch date mid-2009? Tel +971-6-5121186.
Investment - see Finance and Investment
Lifestyle magazines - see also Entertainment & Gossip, and Fashion
- Boutique 1 - quarterly? Fashion and lifestyle magazine from Boutique 1, a Dubai art gallery, cafe, bookshop, fashion store, etc. Creators Sian Tichar and Rana Salam.
- ForbesLife Middle East - under consideration? Publisher Arab Publishing House (APH)?
- Millionaire Magazine (or just Millionare) - every 2 months (it will take you that long to read the 200+ pages), for rich people but paupers are allowed to touch the cover under supervision, launched in 2006/2007, a UAE/GCC/Indian version of the Dutch magazine Miljonair. Subject list includes Passion & Power, Art Decor, Culinaire, Travel, Fashion & Beauty, People & Parties. Publisher Concept Media, www.millionairemagazines.com.
- Russian Emirates Magazine () - fashion and lifestyle magazine (in Russian), lots of advertisements for luxury jewellery, handbags, watches, perfume and cosmetics. Articles about cars, planes, the rich and famous, etc. Published monthly or every two months. General Manager Serghey Tokarev, Executive Editor Irina Pribyltsova. Distributor Abu Dhabi Media Company. Publisher Russian Emirates Publishing House tel +971-4-3884699, office 1105, Single Business Tower, Business Bay, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, website www.dxb.ru or www.rupublish.ru.
- Simply Abu Dhabi magazine - lifestyle and cultural digital magazine focused on Abu Dhabi. Founded in 2010 by Jordana Imogen Lynch and the Hira Family, first edition published January 2011. Website plans to have database of top hotels, property developers, restaurants, clubs, spas, luxury products, banks, therapists for Abu Dhabi and UAE. Contact email firstname.lastname@example.org, website domain at www.simplyabudhabi.com.
- STARS - monthly (almost - 10 issues per year) lifestyle magazine for rich people, publisher DIT Group.
Marketing, Media Industry, and Advertising
- Advocate - marketing/advertising industry magazine.
- Al Tasweeq Al Arabi - Arabic marketing industry magazine, publisher Gray Business Communications until January 2008, then Media Quest.
- Campaign Middle East - well-respected advertising and PR publication from ITP publications. Free for media industry professionals. Disappeared in February 2007. Never to return? Who knows...
- Communicate - another marketing/advertising publication.
- Gulf Marketing Review - publisher Gray Business Communications until January 2008, then Media Quest.
- My News - in Arabic and English, first issue June 2010, published by the Abu Dhabi Music & Arts Foundation (ADMAF), official magazine of the Young Media Leaders (YML), an ADMAF educational program to encourage Emirati students to develop media careers.
Ha ha, no chance. There's no such thing as a UAE version of Penthouse, or even FHM (update - we might be getting there with Esquire in Nov 2009, and GQ thinking about it), although you can get the international/UK/US versions of FHM and Maxim in the UAE - with certain parts painted over in black ink, and there are a handful of locally produced rags vying for your throne time ...
- 4Men - similar to iQ magazine (not GQ) with more articles about finding a good spa and beauty center for men (no, "spa" is not a euphimism for a Dubai brothel). Trite.
- Esquire Middle East - launched by ITP publications in Dubai and Hearst Magazines International (HMI) in November 2009. Announced September 2009. Editor-in-Chief is Jeremy Lawrence. Distribution in Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE. The international edition covers the usual men's magazine topics, although the women are probably a bit less naked than in Playboy. The ME edition might be a bit thinner, especially if they plan to distribute in Saudi. Good luck.
- Friday for Men - monthly, free with the Gulf News newspaper. A men's version of their weekly Friday magazine. Cars, fashion, sports, cooking ... er cuisine, and random lifestyle articles. Tame. Magazine Editor Malavika Kamaraju, publisher Al Nisr Publishing LLC (March 2007).
- GQ Middle East (proposed), publisher Conde Nast International, Middle East edition reported in August 2010 as under consideration. There was some scepticism reported in The National 22 August 2010, Ali Jaber, Dean of the Mohammed Bin Rashid School of Communications at the American University of Dubai, and consultant to Dubai Media Incorporated, said "Who would want to launch a Middle East version of GQ?" Well, apparently Conde Nast might.
- iQ - another locally produced pretender of a Men's Magazine with longer articles about spas and other topics of interest to highly testosteronised men. Banal.
- Rex - www.rex.ae forwards to rex.tbreak.com - online only, emphasis on IT and gaming but a few girlie pics too.
Property, Real Estate and Home magazines
- Arabian Property - publisher ITP, closed February 2009?
- Cityscape Magazine - magazine for the Cityscape property exhibitions held in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and elsewhere. Website www.cityscape-magazine.com.
- Dubai Freehold Property Guide, publisher Sterling Publications of Dubai.
- Dubai Real Times - magazine launched 25 May 2008 by the Dubai Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA) to provide Dubai property market information including market studies, trend analyses, commentaries and expert opinions, updates on property and real estate related laws, rules and regulations. Publisher Sterling Publications of Dubai.
- Emirates Home - monthly, 10 dhs, another glossy property magazine with enticing photos and articles of resplendent homes scattered amongst equally enticing advertisements of houses and associated accoutrements. Topics include interior design, garden, property, food and a useful directory of furniture and home accessory shops. Editor Emma Darcy, tel +971-4-2108000, website www.emirateshome.com, publisher ITP.
- Freehold Weekly - weekly? 10 dhs, launch 05 October 2008, publisher Al Nisr Media +971-4-4067808.
- InsideOut or Inside Out - Monthly, 15 dhs (sometimes complimentary issues available). Thick glossy coffee table magazine with photos and articles about posh properties in Dubai, the UAE and worldwide. Has a useful Buyer's Guide to property in the UAE with a table of prices, maintenance fees (most say "to be announced") and contact details. Also articles related to art and travel. A good read if you like feeling inconsequential, and it's heavy enough to press your clothes with. Managing Editor Anthony Penderis, editorial tel +971-4-4067707 / 7658 / 7819, email email@example.com, publisher Al Nisr Media FZ LLC, website www.insideoutmagazine.ae (information April 2007).
- Property Weekly - focused on the UAE property market, published by Al Nisr Publishing (who publish the Gulf News), email firstname.lastname@example.org. No website? Cost 2 dhs but complimentary issues often available at various locations. Each issue has a centrefold display of their building of the week pick - magazine could have been called the Penthouse of Dubai?
Real Estate - see Property and Home
Shopping and Shopping Malls
Yes, Dubai, the land of a thousand and one shopping malls, has shopping mall magazines...
- City Beat - Ajman City Center magazine, free, quarterly, available at ACC. The magazine covers community, technology, entertainment, health & beauty. Launched February 2009.
- City Life - Deira City Center magazine, free, quarterly, available at DCC. Lifestyle, mall events. Re-launched February 2009.
- City Stars - Sharjah City Center magazine, free, quarterly, available at SCC. Sharjah heritage, food, health, fashion, mall events. Launched February 2009.
- MOEments - Mall of the Emirates magazine, free, quarterly, available at MOE. Lifestyle, beauty, wellness (is that a funny way of saying health?), news, mall dining and entertainment, blah, blah, blah.
- FourFourTwo Middle East football magazine - first published June 2008, monthly, publisher The Media Factory (TMF) until September 2010, then Mediaquest.
- Golf Digest Middle East - monthly golf magazine based on the international Golf Digets. Published by Motivate Publishers under licence from Conde Nast. Announced September 2008. First edition October 2008?). Distribution to cover Gulf Cooperation Council countries, Jordan, Lebanon.
- Middle East Golfer - small monthly golf magazine, started September 2005, subscription costs 90 dhs/year. Published by ITP Consumer Publishing Ltd, PO Box 500024, Dubai, UAE, tel +971-4-2108000, fax +971-4-2108080, email email@example.com, web www.itp.com/megolfer/.
- Physique Magazine, Physique MMA (2 separate magazines?) - launched January 2010 as a print magazine, monthly, publisher Euro One LLC in Dubai. Bodybuilding and workout magazine with events, interviews, news, nutrition, training, workout tips. Founder and Managing Director is Mr Ahmad Kargar. Website www.physique-mag.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Published in iphone, kindle, and online editions from January 2011.
- RaceWeek (Race Week) - horse and equestrian events magazine, first published 1995, publisher MediaQuest from January 2008 (previously Gray Business Communications).
- Sport Extra - weekly Gulf News publication with international and UAE sports news and photos from the past week, especially cricket and football.
Student and University / College / School magazines in UAE
- +971 Magazine - magazine established in late 2010 (launch date 23 December 2010?) by students at the Zayed University College of Communication and Media Science. Highlights Emirati achievers, sections include Art, Fashion, Mirror, Souq, Vintage. Quarterly publication? Website/blog at plus971magazine.blogspot.com, email email@example.com.
- Arab Student Magazine - for Arab students (in Arabic only?), publisher Alhafez Publishing MFZ in Fujairah, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, website www.arabstudentmagazine.com and www.education-mag.com (for online issues).
- Campus Pulse - RAK Medical and Health Sciences University (RAK MHSU) campus magazine, launched October 2010.
- Desert Dawn - Dubai Women's College student magazine, published by Bachelor of Applied Communication students, website dwc.hct.ac.ae/dwcweb/desert_dawn.php.
- iAm Magazine - student webzine / online magazine for and by university students in Dubai and UAE. Founder and editor-in-chief Ms Nur Amer, a journalism student at American University of Sharjah, launched August 2010. Print issue under consideration. Website reported as www.iam-magazine.net but not available when checked (might be available later). Domain www.iam-magazine.com not related, www.iammagazine.com is spam, www.iammagazine.net unknown, www.iam-magazine.ae not found, www.iammagazine.ae not found.
- Kalimatuna (means 'Our Word') - UAE University student magazine published by the Medical Students Association, Faculty of Medicine, UAE University. No longer published?
- UNI magazine - for 17-24 year old students in the UAE, launch date March 2011, distributed to universities in the UAE, and other outlets such as cafes and bowling alleys. In English, free, Editor-in-Chief Ali Sabbagh, publisher Alias Publishing Dubai, website www.uni.ae (press release 14 February 2011, updated 05 June 2011 (email received)).
- GoodTaste (Good Taste) - free at Choithrams supermarkets. Published by Pinpoint Media Group. Articles about lifestyle, beauty, fashion, food, recipies, health, family, home, travel. Website www.goodtaste.ae.
- Living in the Gulf - published by Motivate Publishing for Spinneys, a supermarket chain based in Dubai. Also known as the Spinneys Magazine. Has recipies etc. Buy it at the Spinneys checkout counter for a couple of dirhams. It probably won't rock your world.
Travel magazines in UAE
- Conde Nast Traveller Middle East (proposed), publisher Conde Nast International, Middle East edition reported in August 2010 as under consideration.
- Ultratravel Middle East (ME) magazine, quarterly, free with The National newspaper from 24 March 2011, not available for retail sale. Publisher of ME edition is Abu Dhabi Media (3 year contract from March 2011) (press release 20 March 2011). UK Ultra Travel magazine published by The Daily Telegraph, website at www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ultratravel/, not www.ultra.travel?
University and college magazines in UAE - see Student magazines
- Cosmopolitan Middle East - launched in 2010?
- Emirates Woman - monthly fashion and lifestyle magazine for women living in the Emirates (both expat and Emirati).
- ForbesWoman Middle East - under consideration? Publisher Arab Publishing House (APH)?
- Glamour Middle East (proposed), publisher Conde Nast International, Middle East edition reported in August 2010 as under consideration. What will they do about their Sex, Love, and Life section though? The international website has that section blocked in the UAE.
- It's All About You! (And Your Life In The UAE) - magazine (free?) for families and women with information about living in the UAE, schools, fashion, food, home & garden, motoring, and so on. Published by the expatwoman.com group. Quarterly, first issue February or May 2009? Advertising and media kit from Expat Woman says "Distributed to 24000 expatriate homes every quarter, primarily via school bags in premium international schools and through ExpatWoman events ... " So non-expats and families with students at non-premium schools miss out then?
- Vogue Middle East (proposed), publisher Conde Nast International, Middle East edition reported in August 2010 as under consideration.
Magazine Publishers in Dubai and the UAE
- Abu Dhabi Media Company (ADMC)
- Al Hafez/Alhafez Publishing MFZ, Creative Media City, 4th Floor, Fujairah Tower, PO Box 4422, Fujairah, UAE.
- Al Nisr Publishing LLC, PO Box 6519, Dubai, UAE. Tel +971-4-3447100, fax +971-4-3441627.
- Arab Publisher House (APH) in Dubai Media City. Publisher of Forbes Middle East magazines in partnership with Forbes USA. APH President is Dr Nasser Al Tayyar (Arabian Business 20 July 2010).
- CPI (Corporate Publishing International) - Office 206, Level 2 Siddiqi Building (Bank Melli Iran), Khalid Bin Walid Street (Bank St), Bur Dubai, Dubai, UAE, tel +971-4-3515316, fax +971-4-3598486. Four divisions - CPI Consumer, CPI Financial, CPI Industry, CPI IT.
- CPI Financial, Office 8 (Ground Floor), Building 4, Dubai Media City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, fax +971-4-3598486.
- Concept Media FZ LLC, PO Box 30929, Dubai, UAE, tel +971-4-3903131, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Publications include Asian Oil & Gas, DOHMS Directory (Dubai Health Directory, first published 2006), Dubai Media City Directory, Emirates Business
Pages (UAE business directory from Emirates Post), Hawk UAE Business Pages, Invest & Live in Dubai (annual directory), Millionaire, Mine Dubai (Dubai Multi Commodities Centre annual business guide), NBC Directory (Netherlands Business Council Directory - annual), Offshore Engineer, RetailME, Showcase Dubai.
- Dabbagh Information Technology Group Ltd (DIT Group, DIT Publishing), Head of publishing is Bob Keegan.
- DIT Group Dubai - Forbes Arabia publishers. Operations suspended or closed down end April 2009?
- Euro One Dubai - publisher of Physique Magazine, tel +971-4-3140350.
- IDG - global publishing house, partnered with CPI in the Middle East region.
- Gray Business Communication - publisher of Al Tasweeq Al Arabi, Gulf Marketing Review (GMR), RaceWeek until January 2008 when titles were sold to MediaQuest.
- HGW Media - based in Dubai Media City
- ITP - ex-employer of one half of the July 2008 Dubai sex-on-the-beach couple. Also publishes some magazines and websites.
- Mediaquest Corp - founded in 1987, publications include Al Tasweeq Al Arabi, Arabies, Communicate, Communicate Levant, Gulf Marketing Review, Haya MBC, kazdar.com, kippreport.com, Mercedes magazine, Race Week, Saneou Al Hadath, Shaheen, Trends. Location Al Thuraya Tower 2,
Office 2402, Dubai Media City. Contact tel +971-4-3910760, fax +971-4-3908737, email email@example.com, website www.mediaquestcorp.com, postal address PO Box 72184, Dubai, UAE. Part owned by Abraaj Capital from April 2009. Took over publishing rights in September 2010 from The Media Factory for Autocar Middle East, F1 Racing Middle East, Policy, FourFourTwo Middle East, The Brief. Also licenced by Haymarket to publish a ME version of the autosport.com website.
- Motivate Publishing
- Sterling Publications
- The Media Factory FZ-LLC (TMF) - Building 5, Dubai Media City, Managing Director - Andrea Slater. Contact details PO Box 37262, Dubai, UAE, tel +971-4-3902260, fax +971-4-3908060, website www.themediafactory.ae (no content when checked September 2010). Publishes Autocar Middle East, .Commerce, F1 Racing Middle East, FourFourTwo Middle East, Policy, The Brief. Some titles sold to Mediaquest in September 2010.
Last update Tuesday 27-Aug-2013