List of UAE magazines published in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, other emirates
List of UAE magazines. Names, titles and brief descriptions of issues published in Dubai and Abu Dhabi about business, fashion, food, lifestyle, property, travel. Also local versions of international magazines.
This list is being continually updated and won't be a complete list of magazines available in Dubai and UAE. It is focused on locally published English language magazines. Some magazines come and go but generally there is a reasonable choice of UAE published magazines about business, travel, fashion, cars, etc. Sometimes localized versions of magazines such as Rolling Stone, Marie Clair, GQ, Vanity Fair, NME are available at a cheaper price than international editions but content is pruned or altered for the local market. You can still get most international editions anyway, or other popular magazines such as Time, The Economist, Top Gear, etc, albeit at a high price. Generally, locally published magazine prices are about 10-20 dhs each, and imported magazines are 30-100 dhs each.
Our list of best magazines in Dubai and UAE
Yeah, we know, it's a short list.
- Arabian Business. They are less timid than most publications in the UAE when it comes to criticising business activities related to Dubai and the UAE.
- Bloomberg Businessweek ME. Easy to read but covers important business news, and has some interesting insights, free if you go to DIFC to pick up a copy. We also like the cover.
- ShortList Dubai and ShortList Abu Dhabi. Best for where to go and what to do because it's not too thick or too thin, packed with information not advertisements, and it's free.
- Best fashion, gossip, lifestyle, women's magazines ... maybe Harper's Bazaar or Cosmopolitan Middle East editions.
- Best men's magazine ... nothing. Buy something from USA or UK. Ok, maybe Stuff Middle East version, just barely.
Advertising - see Marketing and Media Industry
Automotive and Transport magazines
- [Discontinued, when?] 4X4 Offroad & Accessories - "The first magazine dedicated to 4X4 in the Gulf". Editor John Wilson, publisher Strategic Publishing and Media Services, Dubai Media City (contact information below). Or Dar Al Hikmah LLC, PO Box 2007, Dubai, UAE, tel +971-4-6655394? Reviews and tests of 4wd vehicles (several per issue), off-road and desert trips, information about 4wd accessories and maintenance. Signal to noise ratio much better than most magazines. AED 20 (in 2003).
- Al Masar Magazine (AlMasar) - monthly public transport magazine published by the Dubai RTA, in Arabic and in English. First edition July 2008? General Supervisor is Dr Aysha Al Busmait. Contact details tel: +971-4-2844444, fax: +971-4-2906661, email: email@example.com. Magazine PDF downloads on RTA website but not obvious. Try www.rta.ae/wpsv5/links/magazine/masar/.
- Autocar Middle East - publisher The Media Factory (TMF) until September 2010, then Mediaquest.
- [Discontinued] CAR Middle East - monthly magazine with useful tables of car and motorcyle prices in the UAE. First issue 2005? Final issue September 2011 (official reason not given but news reports said high photography costs and licence fees might have been the reason for the closure). Website www.carmiddleeast.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Publisher ITP Digital Ltd under licence from BAUER Consumer Media (Car UK magazine publisher).
- F1 Racing Middle East - publisher TMF until September 2010, then Mediaquest.
- Full Throttle - published by Corithian Publishing in Dubai. Articles, news and events related to motorbikes, quad bikes, jetskis. Started in Nov/Dec 2006.
- Wheels - free or 2 dhs, published weekly, tel +971-4-4067758, fax +971-4-3421039, email firstname.lastname@example.org, Editor-in-Chief Abdul Hamid Ahmad, Managing Editor Francis Matthew, publisher Al Nisr Media FZ LLC, PO Box 6519, Dubai, UAE, information Aug 2006. Ok for a quick browse - good for local UAE driving articles, reasonable but fairly dry car reviews, has classifieds and useful table of new car details, prices and dealer information. Web www.wheels.ae.
Business magazines - see also Finance and Investment
- Arabian Business - weekly, 10 dhs, business magazine for the Arab region.
- Bloomberg Businessweek Middle East (ME edition)
- Arabic edition monthly, English edition twice monthly. Individual issue price AED 10, but free copies available at DIFC (and other locations?). Annual subscription costs AED 170 for English (24 issues) and AED 120 for Arabic (12 issues) (2017 prices and information).
- Website for magazine at www.businessweekme.com. Website for Bloomberg ME news (not the same as the magazine) at www.bloomberg.com/middleeast.
- Has a handy company and people index page at the front for each issue.
- Sections about: Global Economics, Companies and Industries, Politics and Policy, Technology, Markets and Finance, Special Features, and Etc - a general nonsense section (not related to the weekly Etc. supplement in the now defunct Emirates Today newspaper).
- Editor: Cathal McElroy; deputy editor: David George (Mar 2015 info).
- Contact information and media kit: email email@example.com, tel: +971-4-4329467 (Dubai office).
- Publisher UMS International FZ LLC and Bloomberg LP.
- MBA rankings guide for US schools on main website at www.businessweek.com. No rankings for ME edition.
- 01 May 2013: Agreement announced for publication of a Middle East edition of the magazine, to be published by United Media Services International FZ LLC (UMS) in partnership with Bloomberg Business Week. Targeted circulation of 24,000, distribution planned for Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates. English edition to be published twice monthly, first issue date not given. Arabic language edition launch date planned for May 2014, also to be published 2x monthly.
- [Invalid Dec 2017] Website www.businessweek.com/global-economics/middle-east/.
- [Discontinued] Bushra Khalid Economic Bulletin (BKEB) - www.bushrakhalid.com (unavailable December 2009). No longer in operation?
- [Discontinued] .Commerce (the dot is not a typo), Arabic/English (bilingual magazine) - business analysis magazine focused on Abu Dhabi, distributed to executives in Abu Dhabi, endorsed (?) by Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Published by TMF, founded in 2005 (?), issue price AED 15. Senior Editor Damian Reilly (updated Sep 2008).
- Contact TMF (see publishers heading below).
- Website at www.commerce-magazine.com (not available, offline since 2010 or 2011).
- FB page at facebook.com/Commerce-Magazine-282684155775/, Twitter page at twitter.com/commercemag. Last post 07 Dec 2010 for both.
- [Discontinued] Forbes Arabia (Arabic) - published in Dubai since 2004 by DIT Group . Website www.forbes-arabia.com gives error (October 2007). Publication halted in April 2009 (Arabian Business 20 July 2010).
- Forbes Middle East - published by Arab Publisher House (APH). First issue with print run of 25,000-30,000 copies in Arabic launched 27 October 2010, English version maybe by 2011 (Arabian Business 20 July 2010).
Editor-in-Chief Khuloud Al Omian. Licenced by Forbes US, published by Arab Publisher House.
- Forbes Middle East English magazine - first issue announced 22 February 2012, launch event on 28 February 2012 (WAM). Published by Arab Publisher House.
- GO (CPI) - monthly in 2006, fortnightly in 2007, 10 dhs, targeted at young managers with content focus on marketing, finance, operations, general management. Launch in late 2006.
- [Discontinued?] Media Week ME, published by ENG Media, publication halted in 2010?
- Saneou Al Hadath - Arabic business magazine, published MediaQuest
- SME-UAE - a specialized SME magazine for young UAE nationals about the SME sector. Launched by the UAE Ministry of Economy at GITEX 2011. Sponsors include the UAE Securities and Commodities Authority, Higher Corporation for Specialized Economic Zones, Western Region Development Council. News reported by WAM 11 October 2011.
- YourBusiness - business magazine targeting SME enterprises and entrepreneurs, launched October 2007, publishers DIT Group. Website www.yourbusinessmagazine.com (free subscription available - unknown for how long). Tel +971-4-3903636 (Dubai Media City) or +971-4-3356556 (Montana Building, Zabeel Rd).
Cars - see Automotive and Transport
- Just - magazine for Middle East parents rather than children, tel +971-4-3417500, www.just.ae, publisher Deira Printing Press. Articles divided into sections called JustFashion, JustFavorites, JustInteriors, JustPeople, JustTravel with clothes, furniture, holidays, for your kids.
- Me Kids Middle East - Early Learning Skills Development magazine for young children with games and puzzles, brain teasers. Publisher TMG, website www.mekidsme.com.
- The Youngest Middle East - knowledge magazine for children with games and puzzles to test the brain, IQ tests, general knowldge, articles and stories. Publisher TMG, first issue May 2009, website www.youngestme.com.
- Timeout Dubai Kids - monthly, 5 dhs, publisher ITP. Just like the normal Timeout Dubai except focused on activities, events, and resources for children. Useful listings of nurseries, shops, sports clubs and other activities etc.
Community magazines - see also General
By nationality or culture (see also newspapers in Dubai)
- Masala! - a Bollywood gossip and entertainment English language magazine for the Indian community in the UAE, or for anyone interested in Indian celebreties, fashion, competitions, food, health, lifestyle, photos, etc. Published by ITP. Website www.masala.com.
- Rush - Russian language magazine in Dubai for the UAE Russian and CIS community. In Russian mostly. Usual collection of articles about fashion, cars, travel, etc. Back pages have directory of CIS consulates and embassies in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, a few medical facilities, and a list of fur coat shops in the UAE. Website www.rushmagazine.org (not .com). Publisher: Respect FZ LLC, Dubai Media City. Editor-in-Chief: Egor Sharay (firstname.lastname@example.org). Address PO Box 502518, Dubai, UAE. Location: Office 119, Building 9, DMC. Tel +971-4-3694560, email email@example.com. Registered in Dubai Media City, publishing license #31758 issued on 16 Nov 2006.
- Shonglap - monthly magazine for the Bangladeshi community.
- Sound of Malaieen (Sound of Malayeen?)? Only one reference seen for Dubai (repeated on several websites), no further information.
- Abu Dhabi Tempo - launched October 2009, monthly, about events and living in Abu Dhabi, for Emiratis, expat residents, and visitors to the UAE. Usual collection of subjects- Fashion, Fun, Food, Friends, Health, Lifestyle, Shopping, Travel. Editor is Sana Bagersh. Distributed free to Abu Dhabi residential areas, shopping malls, offices, hotels, coffee shops. Print run at launch 15,000, increased to 30,000 for second issue. Publisher BrandMoxie, website www.abudhabitempo.com. From June 2010, issued with mobile tagging technology, which sounds like an innovative method to send more advertising your way.
- Abu Dhabi World (was Abu Dhabi Week, renamed from 21-27 Jul 2016 issue), and Abu Dhabi World Arabic. Free weekly magazines distributed around Abu Dhabi, look for it in shopping malls and centers. BPA circulation ~80,000 in 2013.
Mostly about events, things to do, food to eat, schools and education, and a selection of property classifieds.
- Published weekly (on Thursdays), by Turret Media (see publisher list below for contact information).
- Website www.adwonline.ae (old domain www.abudhabiweek.ae forwarded). Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online archive of previous issues available.
- FB, Twitter, Instagram all @abudhabiweek.
- Group Editor Julian Pletts, email email@example.com. Managing Director Chris Fountain. Group Chairman Richard Hease.
- Dining and Nightlife Abu Dhabi, free (?) thin magazine with ads and articles about higher-end food, restaurants, and food related events in Abu Dhabi. Not so useful for finding a good shawarma.
- Website www.diningandnightlifeabudhabi.ae, email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +971-2-5624229.
- Editor-in-Chief: Leanne Smart. CEO: Michael Hine.
- Publisher: Smart Communications FZ LLC, PO Box 769369, twofour54, Abu Dhabi. Website www.smart-communications.ae.
- Dubai Week - similar to Abu Dhabi Week, but for Dubai, and online only at www.dubaiweek.ae.
- The Source (Al Ain), free (?) general life in Al Ain magazine, with stories about food, fashion, events, things to do, travel, etc.
In Arabic and English. Published every two weeks.
- Website: www.thesourceuae.com (not thesource.com). Email: email@example.com. Tel +971-3-7668111.
- FB, Twitter, Instagram all @thesourceuae (not thesource).
- Managing Director: Farid Nouisser. Editor-in-Chief: Mahra Saeed Al Muhairi. English Editor: Brenda Chandler.
- Publisher: Smart Design Publishing.
- Time Out Abu Dhabi (TimeOut Abu Dhabi)
- Time Out Dubai (TimeOut Dubai)
- What's On Abu Dhabi
- What's On Dubai
By area, Dubai
- JLT Times (Jumeirah Lakes Towers). Free magazine distributed mostly in JLT tower lobbies. Infrequently published (every two or three months?). Thin magazine with a useful tower and cluster directory at the back, a calendar of events, a couple of puzzles for kids, a recipe or two, something medical or healthy, and a regular (usually unhelpful) article about where to park your car. Also repeated stories about watching out for pedestrians - some of the electric golf cart drivers and bicycle riders in the area need to read it.
Computers, electronics, IT (Information Technology), technology, and ... er ... iphones (!)
- Arabian Reseller News (DIT Publishing) - IT industry magazine, monthly, free subscription from website, launched 2003, www.arn-mag.com.
- GNTech, a Gulf News blog. Online only? Website www.gntech.ae.
- Network World Middle East (CPI) - monthly since 2000, reviews, news and explanations of networking topics.
- PC Magazine Arabia (Arabic, DIT Publishing), website www.pcmag-arabic.com.
- PC Magazine Middle & Near East (DIT Publishing), website www.pcmag-mideast.com.
- PC World Middle East (CPI) - Arabic & English editions - launched November 2005, monthly, 10 dhs, consumer oriented computing magazine with news, reviews, best buys, etc.
- Reseller World Middle East (CPI) - monthly, IT distribution channels, training, logistics.
- Security Advisor Middle East (CPI) - monthly, enterprise level IT security focus on anti-virus protection, disaster recovery, business continuity, etc.
- SMB Advisor Middle East (CPI) - monthly, Small & Medium Business advice from an IT perspective.
- Storage Advisor Middle East (CPI) - monthly, news and views on information storage developments.
Current Affairs and News magazines
Entertainment and Gossip
- Ahlan! - weekly, 5 dhs, glossy celebrity gossip and fashion magazine (Hollywood etc), and the Dubai Diary at the back which is Dubai's equivalent of Hello! or something. The annual Ahlan Hot 100 is a list of UAE/Dubai celebrities, which surprisingly, actually manages to find 100 celebrities in Dubai. Everyone likes to publicly state they're not interested in being on the Ahlan! Hot 100 list but secretly are delighted if they are. Publisher ITP. Website www.ahlanlive.com.
- e+ - weekly supplement to the Gulf News (on Wednesdays), free or 5 dhs. Handy cinema and TV listings for the UAE. Music, theatre, concert, video, cinema, TV reviews. Hollywood and Bollywood people gossip and photos. Inoffensive.
- [Discontinued?] Insider, published by ENG Media, cancelled from Jul 2010?
- OK! Middle East (CPI) - need we say anymore? Available in English and Arabic versions.
- Rolling Stone Middle East - launch date expected to be November 2010. Publisher HGW Media under licence from Wenner Media in the USA, price AED 18-20 per magazine. Expect a somewhat subdued version of the real thing. (news first appeared on the Dubai Media Observer blog, dubaimedia.blogspot.com, 31 July 2010? Updated report in The National 28 August 2010).
- tabloid! (or Gulf News Tabloid) - daily supplement with the Gulf News newspaper. Hardly a magazine but has the best selection of cartoons in a UAE newspaper - Garfield, Wizard of Id, Dilbert, Andy Capp, and the superb Non Sequitur (and Alex is in the Gulf News business section). The rest of the tabloid is TV and cinema listings, star signs, crossword puzzles, and celebrity gossip and photos.
- TAKE: 1 (CPI) - monthly film and celebrity magazine for Malayalam speaking NRIs, focus on Keralite and South Indian musicians, celebrities, film stars, actors, actresses, directors, producers.
- Variety Arabia - Middle East and North Africa (MENA) edition launch annouced 21 November 2010 (press release). First issue to be published January 2011 in Arabic and English. Licencing partner is Middle East Media & Publishing.
Fashion magazines in Dubai - see also lifestyle, women's, and men's magazine headings
One top ten list of fashion magazines in Dubai was given as (original source unknown [check]): Aquarius, Ahlan, Alpha, Cosmopolitan Middle East, Grazia (Grazia International or Grazia Middle East), Harper's Bazaar Arabia, La Moda Dubai (online only?), Masala!, Savoir Flair (online), Style N Dubai. A more realistic list of the best UAE fashion magazines is likely to be a bit shorter: Harper's Bazaar, Cosmopolitan, perhaps Grazia and La Moda Dubai. Ahlan is more of a gossip and entertainment magazine, and Masala! is a mixture of Bollywood entertainment gossip and Indian community lifestyle magazine.
- [Review] Adam&Eve Magazine (A&E, Adam and Eve). No website. Published by AMED Alternative Media.
- [Review] Emirates Bride - wedding magazine.
- [Review] Fustany - online only?
- [Review] Elle Arab World?
- Jumana - BurJuman shopping centre magazine, bi-monthly, mostly advertising for fashion shops in the Bur Juman Center, with a few fashion related and travel articles. Managing Director Victoria Hazell-Thatcher, Editorial Director Rob Orchard, tel +971-4-3642878 / +971-4-3642879, published by HOT Media Publishing tel +971-4-3642878.
- L’Officiel Middle East - regional version of the French L’Officiel magazine. Published by ITP.
- [Review] Mojeh - website www.mojeh.com.
- [Review] Pose Dubai - online only? Fashion or Lifestyle?
- Red Hot - clothes (men's and women's), jewellery, handbags, sunglasses, watches, perfume, beauty products. The boundary between advertisements and articles seems a bit blurry. First issue January 2009? Managing Editor Dawn Montgomery, Editor Neesha C. Salian, publisher Al Nisr Publishing, tel +971-4067440, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Might be a Gulf News publication or supplement?
- Plaza Magazine Middle East - Arabic and English editions. Fashion, design, interior decorating, cars, etc. Swedish magazine with Scandanavian, German, International, and Middle East editions. Rumours of free meatballs and flatpack furniture with annual subscriptions are unfounded. Website www.plazamagazine.ae.
- [Discontinued] Viva Girl - publisher ITP, closed February 2009?
- Most newspapers have a free weekly magazine.
- Bloomberg Business Week free in some locations - at DIFC for example.
- Shopping mall and supermarket magazines.
- Aquarius, Connector.
Finance and Investment - see also Business
- Banker Middle East (CPI) - Middle Eastern banking sector news and information. Monthly with focus on different industry and country each month - June for the UAE. First published in 2000.
- Banking & Business Review - publisher Sterling Publications
- Business Islamica Magazine - publisher Neopromo FZ LLC, Dubai. Tel +971-4-3693639. Islamic business and finance magazine, monthly.
- Campaign Middle East (ITP) - advertising industry magazine, weekly.
- Islamic Banking and Financial Directory (CPI) - published annually - global directory of Islamic finance institutions.
- Islamic Business & Finance (CPI) - retail banking, investment banking, Takaful, capital markets, etc. First published November 2005. Monthly with different subject and country focus each month - November for the UAE.
- Private Equity & Venture Capital (CPI) - monthly with different industry and country focus each month.
- See headings for Health, Lifestyle, Supermarket, and Women's magazines.
General, and newspaper supplements
- 999 Magazine - see English 999.
- Al Shindagah (Al Shindaga, Al Shindagha) magazine - Al Habtoor Group magazine, general articles about the Al Habtoor Group, Dubai and the UAE.
- Arabies Trends - see Trends.
- English 999 - society and security magazine launched by the UAE Ministry of Interior (MOI). The magazine is part of the MOI Strategic Plan to provide media coverage for the ministry and the Abu Dhabi Police. Editor-in-Chief is Lt. Colonel Awadh Saleh Al Kindi (WAM news 08 February 2012). Online downloads available at MOI website at www.moi.gov.ae (scroll to Media Center links at bottom of page and click on "999 Magazine").
- Etc. - weekly supplement to the Emirates Today newspaper, handed out on Fridays. Fashion, movie stars, things to do in Dubai, etc. Editor Rachel Morris email@example.com, Awraq Publishing, PO Box 500666, tel +971-4-3062222. Update: no longer published as Emirates Today morphed into Emirates Business 24-7 in December 2007.
- Friday (or Friday Magazine) - weekly free supplement with the Gulf News newspaper on Fridays (not unexpectedly). Articles related to health, sports, cars, cooking (weekly pull-out collection of recipes), beauty, books, technology, fashion, leisure, entertainment, horoscopes. Fairly bland prose but one session on the throne should be long enough to skim through it and absorb the useful bits. Has the delightful Souk Scan with great gift ideas for people you don't like. Magazine Editor Malavika Kamaraju, website www.fridaymagazine.ae, PO Box 6519, tel +971-4-3447100, fax +971-4-3441627, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Publisher Al Nisr Publishing LLC.
- Fujairah Observer - online (only?) lifestyle magazine about the emirate of Fujairah but with relatively limited content (when last checked in April 2011 at least). Editor-in-Chief Dr Mohammed Saeed Al Kindi, Managing Editor
Virginia Valentine. Contact tel +971-9-2241918, email email@example.com, Website www.fujairahobserver.ae.
- FYI Dubai - information magazine about the UAE that no one has heard of, publisher HGW Media. Has listings for restaurants, shops, nightlife, health, sports, travel, culture, etc.
- Live Work Explore magazine - published by Explorer Publishing, free, bi-monthly, distributed in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, covers living in, working in, and exploring the UAE and Gulf region, targeted at expats. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +971-4-3408805, PO Box 34275, Dubai, UAE. Website www.liveworkexplore.com/magazine/ (flick through the pages online just like a real magazine).
- M - weekly magazine that comes with The National on Saturday (an Abu Dhabi newspaper). Thinner than the Friday Magazine in the Gulf News but more interesting (slightly).
- Majid magazine - published by ADMC.
- National Geographic Al Arabiya - joint venture between NG and ADMC to publish an Arabic-language version of the National Geographic magazine with about 20% of content expected to be generated within the region. Editor-in-Chief Mohamed Al Hammadi (appointment announced 23 Aug 2010). First edition publication date expected to be 01 October 2010, distributed in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
- Read Magazine - a general Dubai lifestyle magazine (in English) covering entertainment, fashion, health, house and home, music, nightlife, sport, travel, and so on. Published weekly on Sundays. Distributed free along the Dubai Metro routes. Distributor - Kassab Media. Publisher - Continental MultiMedia FZ LLC in Dubai Media City, telephone +971-4-3902904, email email@example.com, website www.readme.ae.
- Trends (Arabies Trends, Trends MENA), website www.trendsmena.com. Publisher Media Quest, Dubai.
- Weekend Review, a Gulf News supplement.
- XPRESS - weekly tabloid newspaper - see the newspapers in Dubai page.
- Your Life - weekly or irregular lifestyle supplement included with 7 Days newspaper.
- Managing Editor: Claire Sharrock. Editor: Chris Fraser. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Publisher: Al Sidra Media LLC.
- Zahrat Al Khaleej magazine - published by ADMC.
Health, Beauty, and Fitness magazines
- See also Sports magazines and Women's magazines sections.
- Aquarius - monthly, free or get a subscription for 40 dhs per year, managing editor Francis Matthew, editor Sandra Diamond, +971-4-4067649, fax +971-4-3421039, email email@example.com. A heavy A4 size version of Connector with fewer ads and more pictures, each issue has a couple hundred pages. Updated Oct 2006.
- From Jun 2002 published by Al Nisr Media FZ LLC, PO Box 6519, Dubai, UAE. Before that was published by Nicholas Publishing International.
- Contents include sections and articles about beauty, fashion, fitness, nutrition, parenting, relationships, travel.
- Back of magazine has a comprehensive directory of dentists, doctors, hospitals and medical facilities, therapy providers; activities and fitness calendar; contact details of health and fitness groups and facilities. Also kids' activity groups, tours, pet and animal information, sports and hobby clubs, education information, etc etc ...
- Website www.aquarius.ae.
- [Discontinued?] Beauty, Health, and Wellness (BH&W), from ENG Media. Publication ceased in 2010?
- Connector - monthly, free, managing editor Lynda Darai, editor Jan Ritchie, published by Connector Publishing FZ LLC, offices 112 & 113, building 4, Dubai Media City, PO Box 26435, Dubai, UAE, email firstname.lastname@example.org (not connector?), tel +971-4-3902727, fax +971-4-3908058, no website? Magazine is the size of a small book with lots of advertisements and the occasional article on health, Dubai living, home & garden, beauty care & make-up, children, cooking recipies, fitness and exercise, sport & leisure. Has a handy guide at the back listing all sorts of useful clubs & services with tel numbers, and a comprehensive sport and exercise activities calendar.
- Health Journal - bi-monthly, published by Gulf Medical College in Ajman in Arabic and English, tel +971-6-7431333, email email@example.com, website www.gmchealth.com.
- [Review] Shape Middle East - fashion or health and fitness?
Home - see Property and Home
- Climate Control Middle East (CPI) - monthly magazine for the HVAC & R industry, launched January 2006.
- Construction Week or ConstructionWeek - often called 'Construction Weekly'. A weekly magazine / newspaper for the construction industry in the Gulf or GCC region. Subscription possibly free if you're in the construction industry.
- H2O (CPI) - bi-monthly publication for the water and construction industry.
- HVAC & R Directory Middle East (CPI) - annual guide launched November 2005.
- Pipeline Magazine - oil and gas industry publication.
- Policy Magazine - about the Middle East insurance market, launched 01 October 2003, monthly, editor Ian Donabie, publisher The Media Factory until September 2008, then MediaQuest.
- Power Solutions Middle East (CPI) - UPS systems and generators annual directory since 2003.
- RetailME (or Retail ME for Retail Middle East, publisher Concept Media), affiliations with Retail Week and Retail World in Europe. Website www.retailme.com
- [Discontinued] Retail News Middle East - publisher ITP, closed February 2009?
- Showcase Dubai (Concept Media) - directory for the gold and jewellery trade in the UAE
- The Brief - Middle East law and legal industry magazine, publisher The Media Factory until September 2008, then MediaQuest.
- Urban Planning - specialist magazine for urban planning and construction industry, launch date mid-2009? Tel +971-6-5121186.
Investment - see Finance and Investment
Lifestyle and luxury magazines - see also Entertainment, Gossip, and Fashion
- Boutique 1 - quarterly? Fashion and lifestyle magazine from Boutique 1, a Dubai art gallery, cafe, bookshop, fashion store, etc. Creators Sian Tichar and Rana Salam.
- ForbesLife Middle East - under consideration? Publisher Arab Publishing House (APH)?
- Haute Dubai Magazine (HDM), luxury lifestyle magazine about art, boats, cars, dining, entertainment, fashion, food, leisure, society, travel, etc. Website www.hautedubaimagazine.com. Publisher Haute Publishing & Advertising, P.O.Box 13294 Dubai, UAE.
- Millionaire Magazine (or just Millionare) - every 2 months (it will take you that long to read the 200+ pages), for rich people but paupers are allowed to touch the cover under supervision, launched in 2006/2007, a UAE/GCC/Indian version of the Dutch magazine Miljonair. Subject list includes Passion & Power, Art Decor, Culinaire, Travel, Fashion & Beauty, People & Parties. Publisher Concept Media, www.millionairemagazines.com.
- Russian Emirates Magazine - fashion and lifestyle magazine (in Russian), lots of advertisements for luxury jewellery, handbags, watches, perfume and cosmetics. Articles about cars, planes, the rich and famous, etc. Published monthly or every two months. General Manager Serghey Tokarev, Executive Editor Irina Pribyltsova. Distributor Abu Dhabi Media Company. Publisher Russian Emirates Publishing House tel +971-4-3884699, office 1105, Single Business Tower, Business Bay, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, website www.dxb.ru or www.rupublish.ru.
- Simply Abu Dhabi magazine - lifestyle and cultural digital magazine focused on Abu Dhabi. Founded in 2010 by Jordana Imogen Lynch and the Hira Family, first edition published January 2011. Website plans to have database of top hotels, property developers, restaurants, clubs, spas, luxury products, banks, therapists for Abu Dhabi and UAE. Contact email firstname.lastname@example.org, website domain at www.simplyabudhabi.com.
- STARS - monthly (almost - 10 issues per year) lifestyle magazine for rich people, publisher DIT Group.
- Watchtime Middle East magazine, local version of the American publication. Publisher Al Nisr Media or Publishing. Website www.watchtime.me (www.watchtime.ae forwards to the .me version).
Marketing, Media Industry, and Advertising magazines
- Advocate - marketing/advertising industry magazine.
- Al Tasweeq Al Arabi - Arabic marketing industry magazine, publisher Gray Business Communications until January 2008, then Media Quest.
- Campaign Middle East - well-respected advertising and PR publication from ITP publications. Free for media industry professionals. Disappeared in February 2007. Never to return? Who knows...
- Communicate - monthly (?) magazine for marketing and advertising industry in UAE and Middle East. Founder Yasser Hawari, founded in 2005, editor Vanessa Khalil (Oct 2014), website www.communicate.ae and/or www.communicateonline.ae ... forwards to www.communicate.me (Sep 2016), price AED 15 per issue, published by MediaquestCorp. Tel +971-4-3910760. Location address: Office 206, Zee Tower, Dubai Media City. Postal address: PO Box 72184 Dubai UAE. Updated Oct 2014.
- Gulf Marketing Review (GMR) - publisher Gray Business Communications until January 2008, then Media Quest, website www.gulfmarketingreview.com.
- My News - in Arabic and English, first issue June 2010, published by the Abu Dhabi Music & Arts Foundation (ADMAF), official magazine of the Young Media Leaders (YML), an ADMAF educational program to encourage Emirati students to develop media careers.
Ha ha, no chance. There's no such thing as a UAE version of Penthouse, or even FHM, although you can get the international/UK/US versions of FHM and Maxim in the UAE, with some parts painted over in black ink. There are also a handful of locally produced rags vying for your throne time ...
- 4Men - similar to iQ magazine (not GQ) with more articles about finding a good spa and beauty center for men (no, "spa" is not a euphimism for a Dubai brothel). Trite.
- Alpha, men's lifestyle magazine published weekly by Al Nisr Publishing.
- Esquire Middle East - launched by ITP publications in Dubai and Hearst Magazines International (HMI) in November 2009. Announced September 2009. Editor-in-Chief is Jeremy Lawrence. Distribution in Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE. The international edition covers the usual men's magazine topics, although the women are probably a bit less naked than in Playboy. The ME edition might be a bit thinner, especially if they plan to distribute in Saudi. Good luck.
- Friday for Men - monthly, free with the Gulf News newspaper. A men's version of their weekly Friday magazine. Cars, fashion, sports, cooking ... er cuisine, and random lifestyle articles. Tame. Magazine Editor Malavika Kamaraju, publisher Al Nisr Publishing LLC (March 2007).
- [Proposed] GQ Middle East, publisher Conde Nast International, Middle East edition reported in August 2010 as under consideration. There was some scepticism reported in The National 22 August 2010, Ali Jaber, Dean of the Mohammed Bin Rashid School of Communications at the American University of Dubai, and consultant to Dubai Media Incorporated, said "Who would want to launch a Middle East version of GQ?" Well, apparently Conde Nast might.
- Update: Still no GQ magazine for Dubai but there is (or was) a GQ Bar in the JW Mariott Marquis Hotel in Business Bay. You might find a GQ magazine to read there. Opened 30 Jan 2014 (delayed from Oct 2013). Closed in 2017 (listed on hotel website but no information provided)?
- [Discontinued Jul 2010?] iQ ("For the man who wants more"), AED 9 (in 2008). Another locally produced pretender of a Men's Magazine with longer articles about spas and other topics of interest to highly testosteronised men. Banal.
- They say they're "The UAE's first weekly men's magazine". Magazine has travel, fashion, haircuts, spas, fitness, motorbikes, cars, etc. More pictures of men than women. The "Women of IQ" section gets just one page with one photo.
- First edition Jul 2008? We have Issue 0002 dated 09-15 Jul 2008. Publication of all ENG magazines ceased in 2010? See ENG Media under Publishers heading.
- Publisher ENG Publishing Fujairah, part of ENG Media, part of Emirates Neon Group (ENG). Address Al Attar Business Tower, SZ Rd, PO Box 6203, Dubai, UAE. Tel +971-4-3317822, fax +971-4-3317823. Website www.engworldwide.com.
- Editor Alex Ritman (2008). Previously at Charged magazine.
- No website? FB page is spam. Twitter last post is 06 May 2010 (twitter.com/iqmaguae). Blog post at emiratesneongroup.wordpress.com/iq-magazine/.
- Rex - www.rex.ae forwards to rex.tbreak.com. Online only, launched Aug 2009? Emphasis on IT and gaming but a few girlie pics too.
Property, Real Estate and Home magazines
- [Discontinued] Arabian Property - publisher ITP, closed February 2009?
- Better Homes Magazine, marketing and sales magazine for Better Homes, a real estate rental and sales company in Dubai, so mostly advertisements for villas and apartments for sale or rent. Not much in the way of shared bedspace rooms in Karama and Satwa though. Has a useful property price and rental guide directory for different areas in Dubai. Also a few articles about where to live, what to cook for dinner, and expert guides on how to make your home look like a furniture shop. Publisher HOT Media Publishing. Editor Eleanor Joslin. Tel +971-4-3642876. Distribution 15,227 (BPA Consumer Audit Jan-Jun 2013). Free, get a copy at or outside Better Homes offices, possibly some supermarkets and community shopping centers like Arabian Ranches, Emirates Hills, Meadows, Springs, etc. Not related to the Better Homes and Gardens magazines in USA and Australia. Updated Dec 2014.
- Cityscape Magazine - magazine for the Cityscape property exhibitions held in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and elsewhere. Website www.cityscape-magazine.com.
- Dubai Freehold Property Guide, publisher Sterling Publications of Dubai.
- Dubai Real Times - magazine launched 25 May 2008 by the Dubai Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA) to provide Dubai property market information including market studies, trend analyses, commentaries and expert opinions, updates on property and real estate related laws, rules and regulations. Publisher Sterling Publications of Dubai.
- Emirates Home - monthly, 10 dhs, another glossy property magazine with enticing photos and articles of resplendent homes scattered amongst equally enticing advertisements of houses and associated accoutrements. Topics include interior design, garden, property, food and a useful directory of furniture and home accessory shops. Editor Emma Darcy, tel +971-4-2108000, website www.emirateshome.com, publisher ITP.
- Freehold Monthly - merged with Property Monthly from Oct 2010. Publisher Al Nisr Media.
- Freehold Weekly - weekly? 10 dhs, launch 05 October 2008, publisher Al Nisr Media +971-4-4067808. Became Freehold Monthly?
- InsideOut or Inside Out - Monthly, 15 dhs (sometimes complimentary issues available). Thick glossy coffee table magazine with photos and articles about posh properties in Dubai, the UAE and worldwide. Has a useful Buyer's Guide to property in the UAE with a table of prices, maintenance fees (most say "to be announced") and contact details. Also articles related to art and travel. A good read if you like feeling inconsequential, and it's heavy enough to press your clothes with. Managing Editor Anthony Penderis, editorial tel +971-4-4067707 / 7658 / 7819, email email@example.com, publisher Al Nisr Media FZ LLC, website www.insideoutmagazine.ae (information April 2007).
- Property Monthly, published by Al Nisr Media. Launched Mar 2005. Absorbed Freehold Monthly from Oct 2010 with monthly price AED 5.
- Property Weekly (PW), weekly magazine focused on the UAE property market
(info update 23 Nov 2016).
- Published by Al Nisr Publishing (GN publisher) and/or GN Media.
- Editor: Esha Nag. Email stories to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No dedicated website? See www.gulfnews.com/news/uae/property. Domain www.propertyweekly.ae frames or hosts a copy of the GN website. Note that www.gnproperty.com is the GN website for property related classified ads, and also has a property news section.
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or email@example.com for advertising enquiries.
- Contact details see GN Media under Publishers heading below.
- [Old information?] Cost 2 dhs but complimentary issues often available at various locations. Update: is included with GN print edition.
- [Old information] Each issue has a centrefold display of their building of the week pick, magazine could have been called Penthouse Dubai?
- Reference: www.gulfnews.com/gnmedia/property-weekly-1.1399196
- Launched when? Discontinued when? Relaunched Mar 2013?
- Space3 (or Space 3, written as Space3). Hamptons - Emaar Property Services (EPS) magazine. Small, mostly Emaar property advertisements, a directory of Emaar suggested home services (furniture etc), a couple of property related articles, legal and mortgage advice, profiles of Emaar developments. Editor Sally Emery, publisher TMF Publishing. Free, distributed at Hamptons and Emaar sales offices, some health and sports clubs in Emaar developments (2006 info).
Real Estate - see Property and Home
- Russian Emirates, Rush - see Community and Lifestyle magazine headings.
Shopping and Shopping Malls
Yes, Dubai, the land of a thousand and one shopping malls, has shopping mall magazines...
- City Beat - Ajman City Center magazine, free, quarterly, available at ACC. The magazine covers community, technology, entertainment, health & beauty. Launched February 2009.
- City Life - Deira City Center magazine, free, quarterly, available at DCC. Lifestyle, mall events. Re-launched February 2009.
- City Stars - Sharjah City Center magazine, free, quarterly, available at SCC. Sharjah heritage, food, health, fashion, mall events. Launched February 2009.
- Dubai Outlet Mall magazine - free, mostly ads or information about prices for clothing, bags, kids stuff. List of outlets and brands, and new stores. Also a horoscope for shoppers who like to use the star signs to guide them. Published several times per year but not every month? Some issues available online from DOM website at www.dubaioutletmall.com. Updated May 2017.
- MOEments - Mall of the Emirates magazine, free, quarterly, available at MOE. Lifestyle, beauty, wellness (is that a funny way of saying health?), news, mall dining and entertainment, blah, blah, blah.
Smartphones, iphones, mobile phones, tablets, etc
- See Computers and IT heading. But plenty of other magazines and newspapers will have articles about the latest iphone 7, X, MCMLXXI, or whatever the most recent iteration is called.
- FourFourTwo Middle East football magazine - first published June 2008, monthly, publisher The Media Factory (TMF) until September 2010, then Mediaquest.
- Golf Digest Middle East - monthly golf magazine based on the international Golf Digets. Published by Motivate Publishers under licence from Conde Nast. Announced September 2008. First edition October 2008?). Distribution to cover Gulf Cooperation Council countries, Jordan, Lebanon.
- Middle East Golfer - small monthly golf magazine, started September 2005, subscription costs 90 dhs/year. Published by ITP Consumer Publishing Ltd, PO Box 500024, Dubai, UAE, tel +971-4-2108000, fax +971-4-2108080, email firstname.lastname@example.org, web www.itp.com/megolfer/.
- Physique Magazine, Physique MMA (2 separate magazines?) - launched January 2010 as a print magazine, monthly, publisher Euro One LLC in Dubai. Bodybuilding and workout magazine with events, interviews, news, nutrition, training, workout tips. Founder and Managing Director is Mr Ahmad Kargar. Website www.physique-mag.com, email email@example.com. Published in iphone, kindle, and online editions from January 2011.
- RaceWeek (Race Week) - horse and equestrian events magazine, first published 1995, publisher MediaQuest from January 2008 (previously Gray Business Communications).
- Sport Extra - weekly Gulf News publication with international and UAE sports news and photos from the past week, especially cricket and football.
Student and university, college, school magazines in UAE
- +971 Magazine - magazine established in late 2010 (launch date 23 December 2010?) by students at the Zayed University College of Communication and Media Science. Highlights Emirati achievers, sections include Art, Fashion, Mirror, Souq, Vintage. Quarterly publication? Website/blog at plus971magazine.blogspot.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arab Student Magazine - for Arab students (in Arabic only?), publisher Alhafez Publishing MFZ in Fujairah, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.arabstudentmagazine.com and www.education-mag.com (for online issues).
- Campus Pulse - RAK Medical and Health Sciences University (RAK MHSU) campus magazine, launched October 2010.
- Desert Dawn - Dubai Women's College student magazine, published by Bachelor of Applied Communication students, website dwc.hct.ac.ae/dwcweb/desert_dawn.php.
- iAm Magazine - student webzine / online magazine for and by university students in Dubai and UAE. Founder and editor-in-chief Ms Nur Amer, a journalism student at American University of Sharjah, launched August 2010. Print issue under consideration. Website reported as www.iam-magazine.net but not available when checked (might be available later). Domain www.iam-magazine.com not related, www.iammagazine.com is spam, www.iammagazine.net unknown, www.iam-magazine.ae not found, www.iammagazine.ae not found.
- Kalimatuna (means 'Our Word') - UAE University student magazine published by the Medical Students Association, Faculty of Medicine, UAE University. No longer published?
- UNI magazine - for 17-24 year old students in the UAE, launch date March 2011, distributed to universities in the UAE, and other outlets such as cafes and bowling alleys. In English, free, Editor-in-Chief Ali Sabbagh, publisher Alias Publishing Dubai, website www.uni.ae (press release 14 February 2011, updated 05 June 2011 (email received)).
- GoodTaste (Good Taste) - free at Choithrams supermarkets. Published by Pinpoint Media Group. Articles about lifestyle, beauty, fashion, food, recipies, health, family, home, travel. Website www.goodtaste.ae.
- Living in the Gulf - published by Motivate Publishing for Spinneys, a supermarket chain based in Dubai. Also known as the Spinneys Magazine. Has recipies etc. Buy it at the Spinneys checkout counter for a couple of dirhams. It probably won't rock your world.
Travel magazines in UAE
- Conde Nast Traveller Middle East, publisher Conde Nast International, Middle East edition reported in August 2010 as under consideration. Publication announced in May 2013 but date not given. First published December 2013. Website www.condenasttraveller.ae.
- Dubai Voyager, free magazine from Dubai Airports and Dubai Duty Free, available at airports in Dubai. Publisher Motivate Publishing. Editor-in-Chief Obaid Humaid Al Tayer, Group Editor Ian Fairservice, Editorial Director Gina Johnson (updated Dec 2016). Has articles about travel (you'll probably have guessed that anyway), suggestions about stuff to buy from Dubai Duty Free, entertainment news related to Dubai, where to go and eat and drink in Dubai. Not a comprehensive tourist guide but has a handy directory at the back with airport terminal maps and a table of duty free allowance to most countries around the world. Also a list of items sold by Dubai Duty Free. Interestingly, one of the few UAE publications with advertisements for alcohol, and also uses the words "wine" and "beer" (which are normally replaced by "grape" and "hops" in most other UAE publications).
- Ultratravel Middle East (ME) magazine, quarterly, free with The National newspaper from 24 March 2011, not available for retail sale. Publisher of ME edition is Abu Dhabi Media (3 year contract from March 2011) (press release 20 March 2011). UK Ultra Travel magazine published by The Daily Telegraph, website at www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ultratravel/, not www.ultra.travel? Update 13 Mar 2014 (WAM): Arabic language version of Ultra Travel ME released with Al Ittihad newspaper.
University and college magazines in UAE - see Student magazines
- Baby & Child, a Gulf News publication. Website www.babyandchild.ae.
- Cosmopolitan Middle East - launched in 2010?
- Emirates Woman - monthly fashion and lifestyle magazine for women living in the Emirates (both expat and Emirati). Website www.emirateswoman.com.
- ForbesWoman Middle East - under consideration? Publisher Arab Publishing House (APH)?
- [Proposed] Glamour Middle East, publisher Conde Nast International, Middle East edition reported in August 2010 as under consideration. What will they do about their Sex, Love, and Life section though? The international website has that section blocked in the UAE.
- [Discontinued] It's All About You! (And Your Life In The UAE) - magazine (free?) for families and women with information about living in the UAE, schools, fashion, food, home & garden, motoring, and so on. Published by the expatwoman.com group. Quarterly, first issue February or May 2009? Advertising and media kit from Expat Woman says "Distributed to 24000 expatriate homes every quarter, primarily via school bags in premium international schools and through ExpatWoman events ... " So non-expats and families with students at non-premium schools miss out then?
- [Review] Marie Claire Lower Gulf, Marie Claire Arabia - Arabic only? Women's or Fashion category? Website www.marieclairearabia.com.
- [Proposed] Vogue Middle East, or perhaps Vogue UAE, publisher Conde Nast International, Middle East edition reported in August 2010 as under consideration. Was first proposed in 2007?
Magazine Publishers in Dubai and the UAE
- Abu Dhabi Media Company (ADMC)
- Al Hafez/Alhafez Publishing MFZ, Creative Media City, 4th Floor, Fujairah Tower, PO Box 4422, Fujairah, UAE.
- Al Nisr Media FZ LLC, based in Dubai Media City, a subsidiary of Al Nisr Publishing LLC. Publishes Al Nisr magazines including:
- Aquarius, Freehold Monthly (merged with Property Monthly from Oct 2010), InsideOut magazine, Property Monthly Weekly.
- Al Nisr Publishing LLC (ANP), PO Box 6519, Dubai, UAE. Tel +971-4-3447100, fax +971-4-3441627. A large publishing company in the UAE, publishes the well-known Gulf News daily newspaper.
Other publications include:
- See GN Media or Publishing for list of Gulf News magazines.
- Al Nisr Publishing is the parent company of Al Nisr Media which publishes the group's magazines (mostly, some exceptions?).
- Managing director of ANP is Obaid Humaid Al Tayer.
- [Review] AMED Alternative Media - several fashion and lifestyle magazines in the UAE and Middle East. Website www.amedadvertising.com.
- Arab Publishing Partners Inc, publishes ShortList magazines for Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Office location: Building 14, Dubai Media City. Postal address: PO Box 502547, Dubai, UAE. Telephone: +971-4-4443500.
- Arab Publisher House (APH) in Dubai Media City. Publisher of Forbes Middle East magazines in partnership with Forbes USA. APH President is Dr Nasser Al Tayyar (Arabian Business 20 July 2010).
- CPI (Corporate Publishing International) - Office 206, Level 2 Siddiqi Building (Bank Melli Iran), Khalid Bin Walid Street (Bank St), Bur Dubai, Dubai, UAE, tel +971-4-3515316, fax +971-4-3598486. Four divisions - CPI Consumer, CPI Financial, CPI Industry, CPI IT.
- CPI Financial, Office 8 (Ground Floor), Building 4, Dubai Media City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, fax +971-4-3598486.
- Concept Media FZ LLC, PO Box 30929, Dubai, UAE, tel +971-4-3903131, email email@example.com. Publications include Asian Oil & Gas, DOHMS Directory (Dubai Health Directory, first published 2006), Dubai Media City Directory, Emirates Business
Pages (UAE business directory from Emirates Post), Hawk UAE Business Pages, Invest & Live in Dubai (annual directory), Millionaire, Mine Dubai (Dubai Multi Commodities Centre annual business guide), NBC Directory (Netherlands Business Council Directory - annual), Offshore Engineer, RetailME, Showcase Dubai.
- Dabbagh Information Technology Group Ltd (DIT Group, DIT Publishing), Head of publishing is Bob Keegan.
- DIT Group Dubai - Forbes Arabia publishers. Operations suspended or closed down end April 2009?
- [Update] ENG Media, licensed by Fujairah Media, subsidiary of Emirates Neon Group (ENG) in Dubai. Magazine publication suspended or ceased in Jul 2010, due to legal dispute between ENG Media and Fujairah Media and reports of unpaid salaries and bills? See Campaign report 07 Jul 2010, "Dubai publisher ENG ceases magazine production".
- Magazines included: Beauty Health & Wellness (BH&W), Insider celebrity magazine, IQ men's magazine, Media Week ME business magazine.
- See www.engworldwide.com/media/pro/magazines/ (if still available).
- Euro One Dubai - publisher of Physique Magazine, tel +971-4-3140350.
- Explorer Publishing, publishes maps and guides. Magazine Ask Explorer?
- GN Media (Gulf News Media)
or GN Publishing.
Subsidiary of Al Nisr Publishing.
List of publications:
- Included with Gulf News: Friday magazine, Tabloid! (daily entertainment section of the Gulf News), Weekend Review.
- Separate publications: Alpha magazine, Baby & Child, Get That (GetThat online classifieds portal, not a magazine), GN Tech (online only), Inside Out magazine, Property Weekly (Freehold Monthly, Freehold Weekly, Property Monthly), Watchtime Middle East magazine, Wheels magazine, Xpress weekly newspaper.
- Contact tel 800-4125, fax 800-4645.
- Haute Publishing & Advertising, established in 2013 in Dubai, publishes Haute Dubai Magazine.
- HOT Media Publishing, publishes Better Homes Magazine.
- IDG - global publishing house, partnered with CPI in the Middle East region.
- Gray Business Communication - publisher of Al Tasweeq Al Arabi, Gulf Marketing Review (GMR), RaceWeek until January 2008 when titles were sold to MediaQuest.
- HGW Media - based in Dubai Media City
- ITP - ex-employer of one half of the famous (or infamous) July 2008 Dubai sex-on-the-beach couple. Also publishes some magazines and websites.
- Mediaquest Corp (Media Quest), founded in 1987, publications include Al Tasweeq Al Arabi, Arabies, Communicate, Communicate Levant, Gulf Marketing Review, Haya MBC, kazdar.com, kippreport.com, Mercedes magazine, Race Week, Saneou Al Hadath, Shaheen, Trends. Location Al Thuraya Tower 2,
Office 2402, Dubai Media City. Contact tel +971-4-3910760, fax +971-4-3908737, email firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.mediaquestcorp.com, postal address PO Box 72184, Dubai, UAE. Part owned by Abraaj Capital from April 2009. Took over publishing rights in September 2010 from The Media Factory for Autocar Middle East, F1 Racing Middle East, Policy, FourFourTwo Middle East, The Brief. Also licenced by Haymarket to publish a ME version of the autosport.com website.
- Other publications? AME Info, Buro 24-7, Communicate Online, Gulf Marketing Review (GMR), Haya Online, Marie Claire Arabia, Saneou Al Hadath, Trends MENA.
- Motivate Publishing, one of the larger or largest publishing companies in the UAE. Publishes the well-known What's On magazine.
Contact information (updated Dec 2016):
- Location: Office 508, Building 8, Dubai Media City, Dubai, UAE. Tel +971-4-3903550.
- HQ address: Dubai Media One Tower, Dubai Media City, PO Box 2331, Dubai, UAE. Tel +971-4-4273000.
- Website www.motivatepublishing.com.
- Magazines published include: Business Traveller, Campaign Middle East, Dubai Voyager magazine, Emirates Man, Emirates Woman, Golf Digest Middle East, Gulf Business, Jumeirah (magazine), Living in the Gulf, Open Skies (Arabic and English editions), Stuff Middle East, The Week, What's On (Abu Dhabi and Dubai editions).
- Nicholas Publishing International, was published of Aquarius magazine until title was bought by Al Nisr Media in Jun 2002.
- Respect FZ LLC, Dubai Media City. See Rush magazine listing.
- Smartcast Publishing Group, Dubai Media City. Publishes Gulf Gourmet magazine.
- Sterling Publications
- [Name changed or ceased operating, no current information provided or found] Strategic Publishing and Media Services, Dubai Media City, PO Box 5571B (?? Should be PO Box 55718), Dubai, UAE, tel +971-4-3910922, email email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org). 4X4 Offroad & Accessories magazine, and GearOne TV. Vague references to domain www.smsdxb.com appear to be incorrect (looks like it's for an SMS marketing company)
- The Media Factory FZ-LLC (TMF) - Building 5, Dubai Media City, Managing Director - Andrea Slater.
- Contact details PO Box 37262, Dubai, UAE, tel +971-4-3902260, fax +971-4-3908060
- Website www.themediafactory.ae (no content when checked September 2010).
- Publications include: Autocar Middle East, .Commerce, F1 Racing Middle East, FourFourTwo Middle East, Policy, The Brief. Some titles sold to Mediaquest in September 2010.
- Turret Media, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Publishes Abu Dhabi World (Abu Dhabi Week) (Arabic and English versions), DubaiWeek.ae (online only).
- TM also organize the Taste in Dubai and Taste in Abu Dhabi food festivals.
- [?] Previous publications included Abu Dhabi Life, Culture, Emirati Careers, Middle East Traveller, Really Useful Guides.
- Website www.turretme.com. Email email@example.com.
- Abu Dhabi, tel +971-2-2348400, fax +971-2-2346174. Office location: Office 201, Level 2, twofour54, Park Rotana Complex, Abu Dhabi. Postal address: Turret Media FZ LLC, PO Box 77806, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Dubai, tel +971-2-2348496. Office location: Offices 108 and 114, Level 1, Building 9, Dubai Media City. Postal address: PO Box 33457, Dubai, UAE.
- UMS International FZ LLC, division of United Media Services, Office 346, Building 10, Dubai Media City. Postal address: PO Box 503048, Dubai, UAE. Tel +971-4-4329467 (Bloomberg Businesweek ME magazine) (updated Mar 2015).
- Unexplored Publishing, website www.unexploredpublishing.com, publishes IN Magazine (fashion), and Soura Magazine (art photography). Contact information:
- Telephone +971-4-2822677. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location: Suite 101,
Al Huda Building, Street 55, Garhoud. Postal address PO Box 5337, Dubai, UAE.
Magazines that are not magazines
Entries in this list appear because they are promoted as magazines, either by themselves or by lists of top or best magazines in the UAE, or because they have the word magazine in their name when they are not, or because they are listed in a magazine directory. Our definition of a magazine is a regular publication which is printed and physically available. An online presence only is not a magazine, it's a website or blog. A marketing brochure is not a magazine, it's an advertisement. Titles in bold have enough original content to make them worth reading.
- Arab Medical Magazine, website www.arabmedmag.com (Arabic and English). Online only? Discontinued? No physical contact information.
- Emirates Week magazine or blog (EmiratesWeek), they say they're a "weekly UAE news digest", except it appears to be online only and updated daily. Seems to be just a news aggregator for content mostly from Business Intelligence Middle East, and a few more articles and photos from Emirates 24-7. No original content that we could find, no contact information, no print version. Listed here because it appears in some lists of top UAE magazines, but we don't know why it does (Jan 2018 update). A previous version of EmiratesWeek published press releases, the "About Us" page said "EmiratesWeek is one of the leading websites in the UAE specializing in the field of marketing and public relations media. The website offers the latest in companies’ news from around the GCC region in addition to featured stories, special interviews, interviews, case studies in addition to special reports, exhibitions and events promotions and offers." (Oct 2009 update). Website are or were www.emiratesweek.com and www.emiratesweek.net.
- Kipp Report (The Kipp Report) - online only (www.kippreport.com) Middle East business magazine with occasional quirky commentary and observations. Publisher MediaQuest. Launched January 2008?
- RubberDuck Magazine, car lifestyle magazine for the UAE (how does that related to rubber ducks?), online only, website www.rubberduckmag.com. Launched May 2009 with a tiresomely slow loading "Coming Soon" page for the current issue.
- UAE Style Magazine, website www.uaestylemagazine.com. Online only? Blog not magazine? No contact or location information.
- [???] Xtra Magazine Dubai - online only? Is a blog, news aggregator, bird, plane, superman? No contact information (except email address)? Not clear if they copy articles from other sources, or other sources copy articles from Xtra Dubai. Example Dubai Miracle Garden article dated 25 Feb 2016 but other sites have same story dated in 2015. Some articles seem to be original (interviews). Website www.xtradubai.com.
More magazines (not sorted)
- AME Info, Mediaquest publication, online only (www.ameinfo.com)?
- Arrajol Magazine (About Man Magazine), website www.arrajol.com. Arabic only men's magazine. A Saudi Arabia or UAE publication? Contact page says head office is SPRC [sic] in Dubai Media City. Possible type for SRPC (Saudi Research and Publishing Company), related to Saudi Research and Marketing Group (SRMG).
- Asfaar Tourism & Travel Magazine, Abu Dhabi, website www.asfaar.net. Arabic only.
- [?] Buro 24-7, Mediaquest publication, website www.buro247.me.
- [?] Business Intelligence Middle East, website www.bi-me.com, online only? Magazine, newspaper, or news aggregator? No contact information (except email addresses) or location. All content appears to be press releases or copied from other sources.
- Canvas magazine, art and culture in the Middle East, website www.canvasonline.com.
- Computer News Middle East (CPI) - international and regional news in a monthly magazine. Website www.computernewsme.com forwards to CNME section of www.tahawultech.com with suspicious looking notification popup (cannot disable like normal notification).
- FullFrame Photography Magazine, Koncepto Publishing, website www.fullframemag.com (not available?), issues available online at issuu.com.
- Gulf Gourmet, website www.gulfgourmet.net. Publisher Smartcast Publishing Group.
- Haya Online, website www.haya-online.com, Arab women's magazine, in Arabic only, online version of Haya magazine (no contact information), Mediaquest publication.
- Health magazine, website www.healthmagazine.ae. Health and lifestyle publication from Thumbay Group, started in 1999 by the Gulf Medical University (GMU) in Ajman.
- Hia Magazine, website www.hiamag.com. Saudi Arabia published women's magazine, not UAE (included in Google search for UAE magazines). Arabic only.
- [Not a magazine?] Icflix? Not a magazine, website looks like Arabic version of Netflix. Maybe spam or advertising injected into magazine lists from other sources? Although the company seems real enough (based in Dubai Media City).
- IN Magazine, publisher Unexplored Publishing.
- La Moda Dubai - online only fashion magazine covering Middle East fashion, launched March 2010, Editor-in-Chief Jim Joquico, email email@example.com, postal address PO Box 93722, Dubai, UAE. Website www.lamodadubai.com.
- Lonely Planet Traveller Middle East Magazine, Middle East version launched in Dubai in 2012 or 2013?
- Middle East Economic Digest (MEED) (online only?) - published in London. Dubai office tel +971-4-3900045. Weekly. Website www.meed.com - need registration or paid subscription to read articles, many of which are press releases or repeats of news found for free in other publications. Sometimes has useful indepth business and industry research reports. Website www.meed.com.
- Middle East Plant and Equipment, www.mideastplant.com. Publisher Middle East Strategic Advertising in Dubai.
- ShortList Dubai (Short List). Also a ShortList Abu Dhabi. Website www.shortlistdubai.com. Free weekly (issued on Tuesdays) entertainment and lifestyle magazine found in random places. A bit like a thinner version of Time Out with better signal-to-noise ratio (fewer ads and no full page photos of hamburgers), but without the comprehensive directory of bars, restaurants and sports clubs. However, they do have short lists of best places for dates, coffee, food trucks, bars with a view, etc. Editor: Eddie Taylor. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. Published by Arab Publishing Partners Inc, under license from ShortList Media. Part of ITP Digital Media Group?
- Sections about Activities, Art & Culture, Bars & Clubs, Competitions, Concerts & Events, Film & TV, Lifestyle & Fashion, Property, Restaurants & Cafes, Shopping, Travel.
- SME Advisor, website www.smeadvisor.com (notification popup).
- Saneou Al Hadath magazine (SAH magazine), Mediaquest Dubai. Website www.saneoualhadath.me (Arabic only).
- Soura Magazine, website www.souramagazine.com. Middle East photography magazine. First published in 2005? Online only (or has stopped print editions)? No contact information on website. They say they are "An Award winning title for best Photographic Art publication in the region" and "The only photography magazine in the Middle East". But we don't know which award or when, and we wonder what Soura thinks FullFrame Photography Magazine is. Soura is published twice a year in May and Nov, most recent issue we found was Nov 2016 (publisher says 4 times a year?). Some archive issues available online at www.issuu.com/souramagazine, free to view, or buy PDF copy to download for $5. Published by Unexplored Publishing.
- The Community Magazine, website www.thecommunityuae.com.
- The Luxe Diary, website www.theluxediary.com.
- The Young Vision, published every two months, Youth Education Magazine for UAE high schools and universities. Website [don't click, use Google Cache, unexpected popups or downloads] www.theyoungvision.com. No contact or location information?
- Tribe Photo Magazine, website www.tribephotomagazine.com or www.tribephotonewmedia.com?
- Velvet Magazine, www.velvet-mag.com.
- Vision magazine, website www.vision.ae but no content or not accessible? Published in English and Mandarin Chinese. Business and lifestyle articles. Published quarterly, publisher is Falcon & Associates.
Magazines in Al Ain, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain (UAQ)
Abu Dhabi magazines
- Abu Dhabi Week
- Al Wahda Mall Magazine (AWM Magazine)
- ShortList Abu Dhabi. Website www.shortlistabudhabi.com.
- Time Out Abu Dhabi
- What's On Abu Dhabi
- Ajman Chamber of Commerce and Industry magazine (Ajman Magazine)?
Al Ain magazines
- [?] Al Waseet Magazine (also Abu Dhabi, or based in Abu Dhabi?).
- [?] Ealaniah Magazine
- Oasis Living Magazine, website www.myoasisliving.com.
- The Source, website www.thesourceuae.com.
- Fujairah Police Magazine.
- Fujairah Observer, website www.fujairahobserver.ae.
Ras Al Khaimah (Ras Al Khaima) magazines
- Health & Care Magazine (Healthcare Magazine?), websites www.hc-magazine.com or www.healthandcare-magazine.com?
- Khootoot magazine, website www.khootoot.com or www.khotootmagazine.com? Not a magazine, is a classified ads brochure only?
- RAK Customs Magazine?
- RAK Municipality Magazine?
- EGA Magazine, RAK E-Government Magazine? EGA = Electronic Government Authority.
- Robust RAK, business community magazine, website www.robustrak.com.
- Al Madina Al Basima Magazine, Sharjah City Municipality magazine.
- Marawed, Sharjah Institute for Heritage magazine, new launch in Apr 2017.
- Market News Magazine Sharjah, contact information (secondary sources, no direct contact or website found): Phone +971-6-5561115, fax +971-6-5561116, PO Box 39670, Sharjah, UAE. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Publisher Dar Al Faris Publishing & Distribution, Sharjah.
Umm Al Quwain magazines
Last update Tuesday 16-Jan-2018