RAK Medical and Health Sciences University
RAK Medical and Health Sciences University in Ras Al Khaimah
|University name||RAK Medical and Health Sciences University|
|Director's name||Dr S Gurumadhva Rao (Vice Chancellor)|
|Executive body or owner||Ras Al Khaimah Human Development Foundation (RAK-HDF)|
|Date founded||May 2006|
|Number of students (approx)||400|
|Number of staff (approx)||70|
|Type of institute||private university, Ministry of Higher Education license|
|University location / area||Near Saqr Hospital, Al Juwais - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 11172, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE|
|Qualifications||BDS, BPharm, BSc, MBBS, RN|
|University fees||15,000-65,000 dhs per year (2009-2010)|
|Lecturer salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
RAK Medical and Health Sciences University admissions, reviews, notes
Add a comment or review about RAK Medical and Health Sciences University
RAK MHSU programs and courses
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSc Nursing). A BSc Nursing program is also available at Sharjah University.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B Pharm)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Registered Nurse (RN), 2 year bridge program.
RAK MHSU says UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research has granted them initial accreditation for Bachelor programs except for the BDS but they're expecting accreditation for the BDS soon.
RAKMHSU Agreements and Memorandums of understanding (MOUs)
- 16 January 2011 (Jordan News Agency) - Ruwaida Al-Ma'aytah, President of the Hashemite University (HU) in Jordan, and Mohammad Riyad, President of the RAK Medical and Health Sciences University (RAKMHSU), discussed academic and research cooperation.
02 October 2010 - RAK MHSU University Day celebrations (press release)
- At the RAK MHSU University Day celebrations, H.H. Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Crown Prince of Ras Al Khaimah, launched the student magazine Campus Pulse.
- Dr S Gurumadhva Rao, Vice Chancellor of RAK MHSU, said, "... a Letter of Intent for collaboration has been signed between New York Medical College and RAK MHSU which should open new doors to our students to pursue their studies in USA in addition to student and faculty exchange."
05 October 2009 press release from RAK MHSU
- New RAK MHSU building officially opened by Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qassimi, Crown Prince of Ras Al Khaimah, and Chancellor of RAKMHSU on Sunday 04 October 2009.
- RAKMHSU has 300 students from 30 countries and 75 faculty from 15 countries.
- University started in September 2006 (previous information was that it was founded in May 2006?).
- All programs are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) at the UAE Ministry of Higher Education.
- A Gulf News report 05 October 2009 said the RAK Medical and Health Sciences University planned to start offering postgraduate degrees by 2010 (no further details given).
01 August 2009
- RAK MHSU has 4 colleges - RAK College of Dental Sciences, RAK Medical College, RAK College of Nursing, RAK College of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- RAK MHSU offers a 2 year Registered Nurse (RN) course for September 2009. Dean of RAK College of Nursing is Dr Vijaya
- Contact details updated, previously was tel +971-7-2210700, fax +971-7-2210701
- Fees updated to include RN program. Information based on RAKMHSU website.
- Additional fees include Application Fee AED 250, Admission Fee AED 2000, Examination Fee AED 200 per course and semester, Visa Fee AED 1500 (annual), Health Insurance AED 1600, Student Activity Fee AED 5000 for MBBS & BDS, or AED 2500 for BPharm & BSc Nursing.
- Uniform for BSc Nursing AED 800, Uniform for RN-BSN bridge AED 200.
- Transportation Fee AED 4000 per semester (AED 8000 per year) from Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, AED 3500 (AED 7000) from UAQ and Fujairah, AED 2500 (AED 5000) from RAK
- Accommodation shared AED 22,000 (annual), single AED 35,000 (annual), includes transport.
- Deposits (refundable) AED 2000 for laboratory and library, AED 5000 for student halls of residence
11 July 2007
- RAK Medical and Health Sciences University (RAKMHSU) also referred to as "RAK Medical College" or "RAK Medical Sciences and Health University".
- First batch of MBBS students October 2006.
- Opened in George Mason University (GMU RAK) complex but scheduled to move to a new campus by end 2008.
- MHSU plans to offer programs including the College of Dental Sciences, College of Pharmacy, College of Nursing and College of Allied Health Sciences pending approval from the MHESR.
- Tuition fees for 2007-2008 are AED 30,000-65,000. Add 10,000-12,000 dhs for visa, transport and other fees and deposits, 15,000-25,000 dhs for hostel accommodation.
- Chancellor is HH Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi.
- RAK MHSU was established by the Ras Al Khaimah Human Development Foundation (RAK-HDF) which is a joint venture of the Ras Al Khaimah Government, Al Ghurair Investments and ETA Ascon Group, Dubai. ETA Ascon operate several ETA Star schools in UAE.
Last update 13 October 2010
General comments - might not apply to RAK Medical and Health Sciences University
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Ras Al Khaimah and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for lecturers too)
|Universities||Abu Dhabi universities | Ajman Al Ain Fujairah UAQ universities | Dubai universities | Ras Al Khaimah universities | Sharjah universities | UAE universities|
|Ras Al Khaimah education||List of Ras Al Khaimah universities | List of Ras Al Khaimah colleges | List of Ras Al Khaimah schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.