RTA Dubai, UAE
The RTA is the Dubai Government department responsible for roads and infrastructure, traffic, and transport in Dubai, including taxis, buses, the Dubai Metro, abras, water taxis and buses, driving licences, car registration, etc.
Channels for new and renewal of RTA driving licence and vehicle registration in Dubai
||Traffic Fine Payment
||Number Plate Auctions
|RTA branches and centers
||01 Nov 2010
||01 Nov 2010
||01 Nov 2010
- Vehicles still need to be taken to a testing center for roadworthiness checks, where you might as well complete the registration or renewal process while you're there, so until you can drive your car into a telephone or a computer, the telephone and online facilities are a bit redundant.
- RTA approved insurance companies can perform some services according to the 23 October 2010 press release.
- H.E. Mattar Al Tayer, Head of the RTA said in a press release 23 October 2010: "It is now possible for the public to process the renewal of vehicle registration/ driving licenses and effect payment of fines through four channels: RTA website (www.rta.ae), RTA customer service centers spread all over Dubai, RTA-approved insurance companies, and now through phone calls to RTA Call Center. ...
this service ... through the Call Center will be on offer 24/7"
- Driving Licence and Vehicle Registration issue and renewal by phone is paid for by credit card, then a copy is sent by email to the customer to keep until original arrives by express mail. Press release also said RTA has coordinated with the Dubai Police General HQ to accept the temporary copy pending receipt of the original registration or driving license card. But no information supplied about whether police departments in other emirates will accept a copy.
RTA Licensing Agency
- CEO of the RTA Licensing Agency is Ahmed Hashem Bahrozyan (August 2010 information)
RTA Public Transport Agency
- CEO is Mohamed Obeid Al Mulla
- Includes the School Buses Department
RTA Dubai Taxis
RTA public bus services in Dubai
Wi-fi internet connection on buses in Dubai
- 28 May 2012 (Gulf News) - the RTA is developing Wi-Fi connectivity on buses in Dubai, pilot project to be launched in 2012(?), all Dubai buses and inter-city buses could have wireless internet available by 2013.
RTA driver's licence and vehicle registration renewal online
- The RTA is planning to introduce online renewal of the driving licence, online renewal of vehicle registration, electronic scheduling of driving tests, online payment of fines, electronic eye testing, online allocation of distinguished numbers plates, and online open distinguished number plate auctions (Emirates Business 24-7 report 11 October 2010). Which is funny because we thought it was already possible to do renewal of some of those services online.
- See also Dubai driver's licence and Dubai vehicle registration information.
RTA contact details and locations
RTA Driving Centers
- Jebel Ali - Investment Park 2, the 6th driving center in Dubai, named "Drive Dubai". Services offered include driving school for all types of light or heavy vehicles and buses, motorcycles, mechanical equipment. Also driver testing, eyesight testing, and knowledge testing.
Map of RTA locations
- Dubai Digital Map of RTA locations announced 04 October 2007 as being available online on the RTA website but good luck trying to find it. Press release is on the RTA website but no obvious link to the map. A search of the RTA's site for Dubai Digital Map returns the message "No results found for: dubai digital map".
- 65 RTA Subsidiary Customer Service Centers in Dubai, locations usually at EPPCO petrol stations, Emarat Shamil Stations, bus & abra stations, social centers in the Al Tawar (Al Twar) and Al Karama Municipality Centers.
- Seasonal parking cards and bus boarding cards are available in the Municipality Centers, and you can pay fines there also.
- Director of Customer Service Centers Department is Laila Hareb
Last update Wednesday 03-Jul-2013. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.